Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:41 AM   #301  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I'm back after five years, and it turns out I have 20lb to lose. I guessed I'd got up to 130 and was only slightly out. I'm aiming for 110 rather than 100 this time, I've realised that the weight which was fine on me at twenty is far too thin as I near forty.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:36 AM   #302  

Hi Esofia. Looks like there isn't much activity on this thread of late except for you and now me. I am new to these forums, but came specifically looking for support in losing the last 10 (or so) pounds. I am 48, almost 5'4" and currently am at about 132-133. Also, I am in perimenopause and my body is changing. I have never before had a little belly but now have one and I don't like it! The lowest I have been in my 40s was about 126. That felt much more comfortable to me than where I am now, but hard to remember if I wanted to go farther with losing. A little weight makes a lot of difference when you are on the shorter side. I am probably a medium-ish frame. I definitely don't want to get too thin though certainly that hasn't been a problem for me before.

I struggle with eating when I am not really hungry, so eating to calm down or because I am not sure what to do with myself. This sabotages this last bit of weight coming off so I am looking to shed some light on that in hopes that I might feel more comfortable in my skin (which I did at the lower weight). Also I like to ballroom dance, and I look and feel better performing and the movement shows better on the body when a bit slimmer.

I am very regular with physical activity because I love it and that has not really ever been a problem, more the eating. Previously if i kept calories to about 1300 I will lose, but having such a problem doing that right now and wanting to find my motivation. 1200 calories leaves me way too hungry and I could never maintain that. I do eat very healthfully, just probably a bit too much for weight loss (though works for maintenance at this weight).
DancingNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:41 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Hi Esofia and Nancy! I am also trying to get down from the 130s so I can join you. I hit my lowest weight since 2010 3 weeks ago, 138.5 but sadly haven't managed to get back down lower than that. I think I may be eating a little too many calories (the last 3 days have been maintenance days at least) and I need to exercise more but I'm hoping for a whoosh at some point. At least I am at 138/139 daily so I am solidly in this decade and maintaining. Exercise is hard for me since I hate cold and can't afford a gym membership but I'm going to try to make the best of it until I go back to LA.

Nancy, I have the same issue with eating and I have been trying to distract myself with meditation, exercise (even dancing or walking), talking to friends, reading and being creative. Plus I made a promise to myself not to overeat esp on junk food that I keep track of in a habit app so I try hard to keep up that streak that I've done since January 1st. I think you can stick to 1300 calories and just up your activity level and hopefully your weight will slowly go down if you stop yourself from overeating.

Good luck to both of you!
Zucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:56 PM   #304  

Hey Zucena! Congrats on being at your lowest weight since 2010! That's great!

I am also wanting to meditate most days and do find that helpful. I think there is something to the distraction thing. When I am really busy doing things I love (especially dancing!), I don't think about eating so much.

I am with you on the cold weather and the gym. I workout in my home mostly unless I am hiking (we live in the mountains). I really don't like the gym at all. I have an extensive workout video collection and I get up in the morning and work out in my basement. I don't have to go anywhere. I don't have to look good and I can do what I want to do. I have been working out like this for years, so have amassed quite a collection. It is one of the things that keeps me regular with exercise.

I am picturing myself without this little meno-pot and fitting in to my clothes better and looking fabulous is a fancy dancing dress baring some skin!

I am counting about 1405 calories today...heading in the right direction!

Last edited by DancingNancy; 02-05-2017 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:00 PM   #305  

Thanks! Today I am at 137.5 and I was so happy to see progress I had a maintenance weekend so I started off yesterday strong with a low cal, low carb day and added more high intensity exercise and lots of water. I'm hoping to keep it up (around 1200 cal) for this coming week because I think I'm due for a whoosh soon.

Yeah, distraction is huge for me and staying in a positive mood as well. I am working out in my basement as well now! It is really nice not having to worry about driving anywhere. I am doing some short running cycles mixed in with a lot of jump dancing and some bodyweight exercises.

I'm also trying to lose my belly and clothes are definitely a great motivator. I have an event coming up in April so I'm trying to look extra good for that since a lot of friends I only see once a year will be there. Good luck with the calories!
Old 02-10-2017, 04:13 PM   #306  

I did not do well this week with eating, TTOM. Sigh. I am exhausted. That is never good for eating. I continued to work out. Having a hard time getting up in the morning which is always the case in the winter months for me and obviously this is not related to cold since it has been unseasonably warm. I will try again today.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #307  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zucena View Post
Thanks! Today I am at 137.5 and I was so happy to see progress I had a maintenance weekend so I started off yesterday strong with a low cal, low carb day and added more high intensity exercise and lots of water. I'm hoping to keep it up (around 1200 cal) for this coming week because I think I'm due for a whoosh soon.

Yeah, distraction is huge for me and staying in a positive mood as well. I am working out in my basement as well now! It is really nice not having to worry about driving anywhere. I am doing some short running cycles mixed in with a lot of jump dancing and some bodyweight exercises.

I'm also trying to lose my belly and clothes are definitely a great motivator. I have an event coming up in April so I'm trying to look extra good for that since a lot of friends I only see once a year will be there. Good luck with the calories!
Sounds like you are doing great! Hope your whoosh is forthcoming soon!

I love the home workout as well.

I am going to pick back up with eating only what I really need and not eating emotionally!
Old 02-12-2017, 04:19 PM   #308  

Not much of a whoosh but I am down to 137 so I'm happy I'm sorry you struggled with your eating but at least you had a good reason! I've been struggling a bit for the same reason but am still at a deficit most days at least and do get in some workouts.

Good luck on your eating!
Old 02-14-2017, 07:28 PM   #309  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi there, mind if I join you? I used to post a few years back and lost a good deal of weight - 73 lbs! - following the South Beach ways. Gradually as I slacked off and stopped exercising, some weight crept back on. until this past January I reached 147 and got too uncomfortable and said NO MORE. I've gone back to eating the SB way and am down to 133. I'd like to be around 120 again but more importantly to just be comfortable in my own skin and at ease with food choices.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:01 PM   #310  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zucena View Post
Not much of a whoosh but I am down to 137 so I'm happy I'm sorry you struggled with your eating but at least you had a good reason! I've been struggling a bit for the same reason but am still at a deficit most days at least and do get in some workouts.

Good luck on your eating!
Hey Zucena! Congrats on your descent to 137. You are going to catch me if I don't get ON IT! I just came to the conclusion tonight that I think I am having seasonal affective disorder where I feel mildly down, tired, and hungrier and want to sleep more/hard to get up. Of course, i looked back at my last post and there it was, me saying I always have this in the winter months...duh! TTOM is over and I still feel the same. Usually this crops up before December and I thought I would miss it this year (no such luck!). So tonight I have gotten out my light box and will sit with it tomorrow morning and hopefully that will help my efforts with getting up, progressing in workouts and eating at a deficit. I am trying to stay positive and hopeful about my goals. I am also going to work to remove the sugar from my home tomorrow and this weekend and not by eating it. On a positive note, I went ballroom dancing tonight and that is always motivating and lifts my spirits! Dancing is much easier and more fun when slimmer in my opinion, easier to move and such.

Last edited by DancingNancy; 02-14-2017 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:05 PM   #311  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattails View Post
Hi there, mind if I join you? I used to post a few years back and lost a good deal of weight - 73 lbs! - following the South Beach ways. Gradually as I slacked off and stopped exercising, some weight crept back on. until this past January I reached 147 and got too uncomfortable and said NO MORE. I've gone back to eating the SB way and am down to 133. I'd like to be around 120 again but more importantly to just be comfortable in my own skin and at ease with food choices.
Hey Cattails! Please do join us! More support and camaraderie is where it is at. Congrats on your 73lbs weight loss. That is amazing. So you know you can do it. I am so looking forward to feeling more comfortable in my own skin as well. It's funny that when I feel uncomfortable in my own skin, I want to eat to deal with the stress of it, which is absolutely NOT going to help. I am thinking about adding in some walks when I get home to stay out of the kitchen. I love audio books so might just listen to some of those or some of my favorite podcasts. I usually work out in the mornings.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:26 PM   #312  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Thank you, DancingNancy! I love the imagery your name produces, and ballroom dancing, how elegant! My own exercise consists of walking and bike riding and sometimes yoga, all at home. I live out in the country and have limited transportation available so I use what I've got! I do have some free weights, too, and should use them too. My trouble with exercise is that I tend to go too far and expend all my energy on workouts, leaving me too tired for anything else. I have fibro, so my energy is limited, though my spirit is willing. So this go around, I'm trying to only do 10 minute bursts of any exercise, maybe 3 times a day at most.

Yesterday was a strange day for me. Somehow I ended up not eating until way late in the day and then needed to go to bed relatively early, so I didn't eat all that much. This morning I weighed in at 131. It's stormy out right now and I just don't want to go out in it for a walk, lol! Maybe the dogs will convince me in a little while.

DancingNancy, hope your box helps with your SAD, those are supposed to be good for that. Having a journal to look back on does really help! Sugar is a major problem for me, having a little just makes me want more and more; maybe eliminating that from your kitchen will make a difference for you as well. Hope your weekend is great!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:16 PM   #313  

Hey Cattails, Zucena and Esofia. Hope it is all going well for everyone.

Cattails, biking in the country sounds great. I have a road bike but traffic really scares me so I haven't biked in awhile. We live in the mountains so walking/hiking is one of our favorite activities. Ten minute bursts sounds like a good idea. I have learned the hard way that I should pay attention to my body and not overdo and really gradually build up.

I am struggling still with food. I have been throwing temptation foods out this week and I am not working today so I will finish throwing things out today and generally getting the kitchen organized. I definitely have not lost weight and am going in the other direction, I think. I am having a hard time with limiting my food and it is not because I am ravenously hungry. I do great early in the day but after work is the worst time for me. I am tired and possibly stressed and the guard is down. So far so good today. I am going out to dinner with a friend tonight. There will be lots of healthy things to eat, so should not be a problem.

I keep working out. I did a HIIT workout this morning and had a dance lesson this afternoon which was super fun.

The problem with the light box is that you have to get up early enough to use it and getting up early is not my forte and getting up early when all I want to do is stay in bed is even more difficult. So far, I have only used it twice, but I used it today and weekends are easier, so I'll get some momentum today.

I keep falling off from my goals but I keep regrouping...interesting process! I am feeling a bit disgusted with myself so hopefully that will help things like eating sugar and such.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #314  

Just wanted to add that today was the first day that I met my goals for eating. Hip hip hooray. It's never been so hard for me to just get one day...phew....glad I got that one down.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:17 AM   #315  

Another day of good eating. I usually eat very healthfully, but my goal now is to eat healthfully and at a deficit and I have 2 days down. Feels good.