3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Time Frame

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2015, 08:39 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 25

S/C/G: 128.4/115.8/105

Height: 5 2"

Default Time Frame

Was just wondering how long it took (roughly) to go from 120 to 110? I just reached 120 today and would like to see how long it took others to do it
wedeburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:24 AM   #2
Hungry for Health! (-:
 
HungerWerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 678

S/C/G: 141/104.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedeburn View Post
Was just wondering how long it took (roughly) to go from 120 to 110? I just reached 120 today and would like to see how long it took others to do it
It takes me five months to lose ten pounds, because I lose two pounds a month.

That's reeeeally slow, for sure, but the flip side is that it's extremely consistent. I haven't technically gained any weight - except for temporary holiday weight, which included a January birthday and was gone by this week - since February of 2014.

I was 132 on 2/22/14, and my last official weigh-in on Friday was 111.8.
__________________


The Scientific Method (ScMD) Diet: Experiment, document, implement what works best to safely lose weight! 1200 calories a day (other than one fasting day before weigh-in and one "up" day per week) of clean foods, for the most part. Motto: Hunger is not an emergency.

Smiley for Last Ten Pounds lost, from 111.5 to 101.5 - yay! The first one is to thank all for their support: 3/20/15 4/3/15 4/24/15 5/6/15 6/21/15 7/05/15

Last edited by HungerWerks : 02-22-2015 at 10:26 AM.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:31 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 25

S/C/G: 128.4/115.8/105

Height: 5 2"

Default

WOW!! you must feel awesome that you have been so consistent! I cannot wait to weigh what you weigh! i will keep posting my losses here bc I am sure others would love to see how long it takes...

I am sure it is different for all of us
wedeburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
Hungry for Health! (-:
 
HungerWerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 678

S/C/G: 141/104.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedeburn View Post
WOW!! you must feel awesome that you have been so consistent! I cannot wait to weigh what you weigh! i will keep posting my losses here bc I am sure others would love to see how long it takes...

I am sure it is different for all of us
Massive congratulations on getting to 120 - that's a major accomplishment!

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, after failing, year after year, at SO many diets, it makes me feel amazingly wonderful to lose week after week. It's a freakout! There was a lot of trial and error, and I'm still seeing what works, by referring to the scale almost every day. But I got tired of gaining it back all the time, and went with the scientific method!

I agree that it is different for all, since our bodies have their own shapes and ways of operating. That's part of that method - figuring out what works for you, personally, with your own likes, dislikes, and strengths.
__________________


The Scientific Method (ScMD) Diet: Experiment, document, implement what works best to safely lose weight! 1200 calories a day (other than one fasting day before weigh-in and one "up" day per week) of clean foods, for the most part. Motto: Hunger is not an emergency.

Smiley for Last Ten Pounds lost, from 111.5 to 101.5 - yay! The first one is to thank all for their support: 3/20/15 4/3/15 4/24/15 5/6/15 6/21/15 7/05/15

Last edited by HungerWerks : 02-22-2015 at 11:54 AM.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:15 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 25

S/C/G: 128.4/115.8/105

Height: 5 2"

Default

Yes.....it took me a long time to figure out I, personally, had to weigh in every day to hold myself accountable

Like I said, I knew that years back----and I was able to stay thin and maintain that way. But as the years passed, I slipped away from that and tried to kid myself into believing that I could lose without weighing. Massive fail for me.

I admire people that do not need the scale and still lose and get to their goal!

I am just excited to be able to wear my clothes again. I am not really there yet---some fit OK, but the cool ones are not even close. Plus, I am really excited to wear all of my shorts and tank tops this summer. I actually have something to really look forward to!

I know that all of us here have come to the conclusion that we feel so much better physically and mentally when we are slim. It actually makes the world look brighter.

It's cold here, so I have been wearing tons of layers to stay warm---but I am longing for the day when the weather warms up and I can shed all of these layers, literally and figuratively, and step out into the sunshine with my new body!
wedeburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:15 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 25

S/C/G: 128.4/115.8/105

Height: 5 2"

Default

I am getting there, friends. Weighed in this morning at 115.8. It's supposed to be 75 degrees here today and I may just break out a pair of shorts. It's probably too soon, bc they will still be tight, and that could make me depressed which always leads me on a downward spiral with food. So, we shall see.

But either way, I am on my way! Love this forum. Reading about everyone's successes has kept me motivated and on track.
wedeburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:11 PM   #7
Hungry for Health! (-:
 
HungerWerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 678

S/C/G: 141/104.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedeburn View Post
Yes.....it took me a long time to figure out I, personally, had to weigh in every day to hold myself accountable

Like I said, I knew that years back----and I was able to stay thin and maintain that way. But as the years passed, I slipped away from that and tried to kid myself into believing that I could lose without weighing. Massive fail for me.

I admire people that do not need the scale and still lose and get to their goal!

I am just excited to be able to wear my clothes again. I am not really there yet---some fit OK, but the cool ones are not even close. Plus, I am really excited to wear all of my shorts and tank tops this summer. I actually have something to really look forward to!

I know that all of us here have come to the conclusion that we feel so much better physically and mentally when we are slim. It actually makes the world look brighter.

It's cold here, so I have been wearing tons of layers to stay warm---but I am longing for the day when the weather warms up and I can shed all of these layers, literally and figuratively, and step out into the sunshine with my new body!
I was wondering, since you've had so much success, how often you weighed. Some are able to tell if they're on the right track by how well their clothes fit. That is not me! I would food myself [ ha ha, I said "food" instead of "fool"!] into thinking "Yes, I'm this-or-that size!" when in fact I'd be bulging out of said size. But I was not fooling myself on purpose. I think it's something subconscious.

As for the clothes: This is so MAJOR. Other times I've lost weight, I've still kept clothes of all sizes, because I've BEEN all sizes! But now I'm going to pitch the ones I swim in. Although, I still need some of the bigger ones for the days after my two Up Days for the week, lol.

I put on a pair of "small" capris today, and they pretty much fit, except in the belly - especially after my big breakfast! I would not wear them out of the house at this time. But I love the way they feel - very slim and slimming. As I say and think about this weight loss - it's a freakout! Thanks for being along for the journey.
__________________


The Scientific Method (ScMD) Diet: Experiment, document, implement what works best to safely lose weight! 1200 calories a day (other than one fasting day before weigh-in and one "up" day per week) of clean foods, for the most part. Motto: Hunger is not an emergency.

Smiley for Last Ten Pounds lost, from 111.5 to 101.5 - yay! The first one is to thank all for their support: 3/20/15 4/3/15 4/24/15 5/6/15 6/21/15 7/05/15

Last edited by HungerWerks : 03-04-2015 at 12:12 PM.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:24 PM   #8
Hungry for Health! (-:
 
HungerWerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 678

S/C/G: 141/104.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedeburn View Post
I am getting there, friends. Weighed in this morning at 115.8. It's supposed to be 75 degrees here today and I may just break out a pair of shorts. It's probably too soon, bc they will still be tight, and that could make me depressed which always leads me on a downward spiral with food. So, we shall see.

But either way, I am on my way! Love this forum. Reading about everyone's successes has kept me motivated and on track.
Wow, wow, wow! That is so great! Congratulations - I know that feels very good - quite an achievement.

The shorts comment relates directly to what I posted above. Fooling myself that things fit. I have not one, but three, identical pairs of shorts that I've been wearing - this is embarrassing - since I was thirty pounds heavier. And I'm not sure they even fit now!

I'm seeing with more open eyes, it seems. I have a bit of a Weeble (you know, the ones that wobble, but won't fall down?) shape, and I think I'll feel as if I've arrived at UGW when that Weeble-y profile disappears.

I would suggest not putting them on if you don't think they'll fit too well, if you think that will affect your mood badly. Or brace yourself. I have a closet full of clothes that won't fit, but I see the changes as I get closer and closer to wearing them. We have to follow the laws of physics! And we want to do it healthily and steadily.

I went out and bought myself, at Goodwill, clothes for the "in-between" weights, and those are mostly what I'm still wearing. We deserve nice clothes for the size that we are, and we deserve to look nice right where we're at. Do you watch "What Not to Wear"? I've been watching that a lot lately, and they're very adament about respecting yourself by wearing things that are your current size. It's a fine size, it's where you're at, and you've certainly worked hard to get there!
__________________


The Scientific Method (ScMD) Diet: Experiment, document, implement what works best to safely lose weight! 1200 calories a day (other than one fasting day before weigh-in and one "up" day per week) of clean foods, for the most part. Motto: Hunger is not an emergency.

Smiley for Last Ten Pounds lost, from 111.5 to 101.5 - yay! The first one is to thank all for their support: 3/20/15 4/3/15 4/24/15 5/6/15 6/21/15 7/05/15

Last edited by HungerWerks : 03-04-2015 at 12:25 PM.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:41 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 25

S/C/G: 128.4/115.8/105

Height: 5 2"

Default

So far today, we have only reached 62 degrees, so not warm enough to wear shorts----at least not for me---I am way too cold-natured, lol.

Yes, Hungerwerks, for me, I have to weigh daily, or at least everyday that I am not traveling. That is how I have failed over and over again for the past 3 years. I would diet for 3 days or so, not weigh myself, then slide back into my poor eating habits. So I was virtually spinning my wheels.

I am starting to really believe that I will be able to get back into all of my clothes by summer. That will be so nice, because I have a full closet of things and I won't have to buy anything! When I am overweight and plump----since I am only 5'2"----I have to wear a bit of a heel just to make me look a bit slimmer (what a joke, I am only kidding myself, lol)---but what I am really looking forward to is wearing flat sandals and sleeveless dresses or shorts. I just cannot wait.
wedeburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:43 AM   #10
Hungry for Health! (-:
 
HungerWerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 678

S/C/G: 141/104.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedeburn View Post
So far today, we have only reached 62 degrees, so not warm enough to wear shorts----at least not for me---I am way too cold-natured, lol.

Yes, Hungerwerks, for me, I have to weigh daily, or at least everyday that I am not traveling. That is how I have failed over and over again for the past 3 years. I would diet for 3 days or so, not weigh myself, then slide back into my poor eating habits. So I was virtually spinning my wheels.

I am starting to really believe that I will be able to get back into all of my clothes by summer. That will be so nice, because I have a full closet of things and I won't have to buy anything! When I am overweight and plump----since I am only 5'2"----I have to wear a bit of a heel just to make me look a bit slimmer (what a joke, I am only kidding myself, lol)---but what I am really looking forward to is wearing flat sandals and sleeveless dresses or shorts. I just cannot wait.
Me, neither! And I'm hoping I'll make it - God willing - by the end of July.
__________________


The Scientific Method (ScMD) Diet: Experiment, document, implement what works best to safely lose weight! 1200 calories a day (other than one fasting day before weigh-in and one "up" day per week) of clean foods, for the most part. Motto: Hunger is not an emergency.

Smiley for Last Ten Pounds lost, from 111.5 to 101.5 - yay! The first one is to thank all for their support: 3/20/15 4/3/15 4/24/15 5/6/15 6/21/15 7/05/15
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2