Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:50 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 138/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Well I made it through the week without weighing myself! I am going to go another week and do weigh-in Wednesday next week. Last night I ate too much nuts and chocolate. I was worried this morning that there may be no change on the scale or that it could be up. Well the scale was 4 lbs down from last week so yay! 5 more lbs and I will be in the 130s. 9 more lbs to my goal. I need to try to keep my caloried count down this week. Hopefully I will get a few days with the count around 1200-1300. and the rest of the days under 1600. Mabey 1 "cheat day" I got down to 135 before and I think counting calories is really what gets me there.
raven90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:13 AM   #62  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven90 View Post
Well I made it through the week without weighing myself! I am going to go another week and do weigh-in Wednesday next week. Last night I ate too much nuts and chocolate. I was worried this morning that there may be no change on the scale or that it could be up. Well the scale was 4 lbs down from last week so yay! 5 more lbs and I will be in the 130s. 9 more lbs to my goal. I need to try to keep my caloried count down this week. Hopefully I will get a few days with the count around 1200-1300. and the rest of the days under 1600. Mabey 1 "cheat day" I got down to 135 before and I think counting calories is really what gets me there.
Wow, four pounds - that's amazing! Congratulations, Raven. And it sounds like you have a great plan, too.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:32 PM   #63  

HungerWerks Thanks - mabey I can do another 4 this week. That'd be great.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:28 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 207/121/128

Height: 5'5"

Oh well, this happens with every single weight decade. I get stuck for a few weeks on one given number. This time it's 142, getting out of the 140's is really important for me because here (in Britain) your doctor weighs you in stones (one stone=14lbs.) so getting under 140 means you get into single digits "stone-wise" from 10 stone to 9 stone. So for now my goal is to be 9 stone 13lbs. HURUMPH
DLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:34 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 140/138/115 (Reboot-Nov. 2015)

Height: 5'-3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durian View Post
I'm teetering between 139 and 140 and have been that way for the last two weeks. I'm not sure if I'm stalled because I've increased my weight training, but it is frustrating.
I just joined a gym to get moving again while dieting and as a result I went up 2 pounds after my last work out. I overworked my self big time and hurt walking up the stairs. Ouch? I didn't eat anything more that I plan but holding onto something. Very frustrating considering last week I was down to 127. Now up to 130. Gotta keep going the other way. I hope my legs will be good enough for my next work out on Saturday.
Blondi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:54 AM   #66  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS1 View Post
Oh well, this happens with every single weight decade. I get stuck for a few weeks on one given number. This time it's 142, getting out of the 140's is really important for me because here (in Britain) your doctor weighs you in stones (one stone=14lbs.) so getting under 140 means you get into single digits "stone-wise" from 10 stone to 9 stone. So for now my goal is to be 9 stone 13lbs. HURUMPH
Maybe you could make smaller goals, based, for now, on American half pounds. That's what I do, even though sometimes it's tooth-and-nail even losing that (like this week!).
Old 02-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #67  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondi13 View Post
I just joined a gym to get moving again while dieting and as a result I went up 2 pounds after my last work out. I overworked my self big time and hurt walking up the stairs. Ouch? I didn't eat anything more that I plan but holding onto something. Very frustrating considering last week I was down to 127. Now up to 130. Gotta keep going the other way. I hope my legs will be good enough for my next work out on Saturday.
Be sure and take good care of yourself, Blondi. There's plenty of time.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:53 AM   #68  

Well I ate too many calories the past two days I have been sticking with my workouts. And Today is going well. It is just the evening time sugar cravings that get me. I need to get back on track if I want my next Wednesday weigh in to be good - at this point i'd be happy if it were only down one or two lbs next week - or even if it were the same that would be ok. I need to at least maintain my losses.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:17 PM   #69  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

DLS1 Sounds frustrating. At least by the time you get into single digits, you'll have also beaten the plateau, so it's going to be even more exciting, right?

Blondi13 That is the one thing I hate about exercising. I like to push myself but I dread water retention. It happened too often and for no reason when I was bigger and it's traumatized me. Get some rest to ease your sore muscles and drink plenty of water.

raven90 Don't worry about it. I don't think there's a single person in here who never overeats. I don't understand why we keep beating ourselves up over it. I go off plan 1-2 days a week. I think that it's healthier and it helps me stick to my plan.

I'm about to hit my old time low (143) which is also my goal weight for this month so, of course, my IBS is acting up and I'm getting bloated. Normally when I'm in this situation, I go into maintenance mode for a couple of days, so I won't obsess and get frustrated but I'd decided to do well until the end of the month and I'm sticking with it.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:47 PM   #70  

Marniadec I'm trying not to worry about it too much. I'm just going to move forward. I wish it were easier to maintain a steady amount of calories and never overeat. If I didn't have days like that i'd be at my goal weight all the time. I guess you have to practice it to get better at it like any other thing. Sorry to hear about your IBS.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:05 AM   #71  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marniadec View Post
respectfully snipped

I'm about to hit my old time low (143) which is also my goal weight for this month so, of course, my IBS is acting up and I'm getting bloated. Normally when I'm in this situation, I go into maintenance mode for a couple of days, so I won't obsess and get frustrated but I'd decided to do well until the end of the month and I'm sticking with it.
- for the sticking with it, not the IBS (which I hear wheat can worsen, for what it's worth)!
Old 02-28-2015, 10:54 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 154/145/130

Height: 5'-6" roughly

I don't know what to do (Well I do know but implementing is another thing!). I'm up again. Went on a mini-break and over-indulged. I keep losing and gaining the same 7-8 pounds. I'll do better this week.

I hope you begin to feel better Marniadec.

Last edited by Crimzon; 02-28-2015 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Addition
Crimzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:45 AM   #73  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Hungerwerks I tried different things for Hashimoto's and avoiding wheat was one of them. It didn't affect either condition, it just made me miserable. It doesn't bother me a lot, I'm normally to regular, which is fine. It's just that when something changes, like if I travel or undereat for longer than my body is used to, I get constipated.

Crimzon I go through these periods where I get tired of dieting and I gain and lose the same pounds, too. It's usually just water, though. I usually end up going on a break until I feel like undereating again, no biggie. I still lost 111 lbs.

So, I exceeded my goal for the month! I'm now going into maintenance, which along with some fatty foods should take care of the IBS. I'll be back soon, I'm really looking forward to being in the 130's!
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:57 AM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungerWerks View Post
Be sure and take good care of yourself, Blondi. There's plenty of time.
Getting ready for my workout today. The legs a re still a bit sore from Tuesday but I will take it easy this time. The trainers push you which is good but I push myself harder which can be the problem.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:02 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondi13 View Post
Getting ready for my workout today. The legs a re still a bit sore from Tuesday but I will take it easy this time. The trainers push you which is good but I push myself harder which can be the problem.
Just finished my workout and burned over 650 calories. It would be nice if I could get some weight loss as a result of it. Will see tomorrow.