Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-25-2014, 06:03 PM   #1  

Arrow It's nice to be called a featherweight

Hi there

Firstly.. I've never been called a featherweight before.. I quite like the ring of that!

Well thought I would post here because I'm at the start of (another) weight loss journey and really need something to keep me going. I've been 'meaning to start tomorrow' for the past month or so, and keep finding excuses not to. But tomorrow actually IS the day! I'm not going to profess to starting the world's best diet plan, but my aim is to eat generally more healthy, whole foods, cut down on the carbs/sugar and have more proteins, veggies and good fats, and exercise! I generally have a bit of an issue with binge eating, so my main aim is to stop that ASAP. I know my triggers - if I'm bored, if I'm emotional mainly. But it can be other things as well - my first mini-goal is to go 2 weeks with no binging

I've been taking some supplements for a while which are fat burners: and by god they work! The only thing that's ever worked for me actually, in terms of supplements. When I first started taking them I lost about 5lb easily, but then slipped back into my old unhealthy eating habits and stopped taking them regulaly and put the weight back on. The only really annoying thing with them is I can't take them and exercise - every time I've tried to do that I've felt kinda dizzy during exercise. So have decided that on days I'm exercising in the evenings I won't take them, but days where I'm exercising in the morning or not exercising I will. Fingers crossed they will still work, I'm sure they will.

So I'm hopefully going to post on here my daily eatings, and anybody please feel free to comment/critique my plans! Fingers crossed!

Last edited by misswilma14; 11-25-2014 at 06:05 PM.
misswilma14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

You got this. Find what works for you, and keep at it.

Ps. I have a hard time thinking of myself as a featherweight. But it is nice.

Last edited by hiddenstar; 11-26-2014 at 12:51 AM.
hiddenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #3  

Hi Oneten thanks! I'm weighing at 154lbs right now (5ft6), and my goal is really 140lbs. Will be really happy to get down to 145 though!

And hiddenstar - thanks! It's nice to have some encouraging words

Today has gone well - no binging! Wahoooo, first day in quite a while. I'm not going to lie, I did think about it. And I did have lots of distractions: I worked a long day and was with people all day, so had no opportunity to binge during the day. Then I talked myself out of nipping to the shop after work, and since I have no 'binging foods' (because lets face it, nobody wants to binge on broccoli or tuna) I avoided it completely! And I came to bed really early. So good start really
Breakfast: Fruit and yogurt
Lunch: Tuna wrap, apple
Dinner: Another wrap, chicken this time though, with peppers - kind of like fajtas, with some mayo. And some rice on the side

And that's it for the day! My calories are around 1200, which apparently is about right for me to lose weight each week. Didn't manage to get any exercise done as I worked a lot, so will try and do some tomorrow
Old 11-28-2014, 04:58 AM   #4  

Didn't write yesterday as was really busy all day and had an early night! But good news.. no binging! I had some beetroot crisps and almonds/cranberries/yougrt coated raisins as a snack on my way home, but resisted buying lots of chocolate/crisps/bread/cakes from the shop! I have a real sweet tooth so it's that that I need to watch out for.
Breakfast: Omelette (1 egg, 2 egg whites, milk) with sweetcorn, peppers, tomatoes and half fat cheese.
Lunch/Dinner (ate late): Chicken and brown rice - really needed some veggies with this but totally forgot!
Snacks: beetroot crisps, almonds/cranberries/yogurt raisens, chicken leg (no skin), pack of revels (given to me - how could I refuse!)
But hit my calorie goal overall, and went to the gym so I'm happy with today!
Old 11-28-2014, 06:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Good luck to you on your weight loss plan. Actually, this is a good time of year to start. With the holidays, it helps to be health/weight conscious to keep you from overeating. It is possible to celebrate without overindulging. If not, you could have an additional 5 lbs to lose by New Year's Day.

You can do this!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 11:23 PM   #6  

Yeah, I don't think I've been referred to as a featherweight since I was like 11 years old!
MinnieMouse91 is offline   Reply With Quote