3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   October Feather's Chat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/299924-october-feathers-chat.html)

mottainai 10-17-2014 04:19 AM

October Feather's Chat!

Just thought I'd see if we could get another chat thread going! It looks like there's not as much activity going on here lately, but I used to love the chat threads. (:

So how's everyone doing so far this month?

hiddenstar 10-17-2014 09:55 AM

Hello, i'm checking out the featherweight group. Hope to join it official within the next week. I just weighed in at 150.6 today. One more pound and I'll be an official featherweight. :D

I love the chat thread also. I found checking in daily keeps my focus for the day. It is really encouraging to know others like me are out there facing the same challenges. I don't get the support at home so I need my 3fatchick friends.

Off to exercise now.

InATizzy 10-20-2014 06:42 PM

I've been having a great month weight-wise. Otherwise things are kind of blah. My car is on the verge of breaking down. I keep telling my DH to fix it. I won't drive over 3 miles from home, because that's all that I'm willing to walk if it does break down completely.
Mottainai- I'll be in JP for Christmas and New Years.

Alexistrophic 10-21-2014 12:45 AM

Welcome back, Mottainai!!! I remember you!!! And a great big congrats to you. :) How are you liking Japan so far?

HiddenStar ~ Welcome to the feathers club!

InaTizzy ~ Hurray for your happy-weight month! What's going on over Christmas and New Years?

~~~
I've been having an OK month in general.
Took a birthday trip to Cape Cod for Oysterfest over the weekend. Beautiful weather, amazing food...
Work is over the top stressful, but it's my own choice to stay. Food is kind of taking a back seat. Have been doing a bit of comfort/emotional eating, but have been trying to be moderate.

Glad this chat is up and running again!

hiddenstar 10-21-2014 11:33 AM

Came down to 149 for two days and back up to 150 today. I have stayed eating well. I started doing "strong curves" yesterday. So could be new exercise or just normal body ups and downs.

Anybody else exercise? If so, what do you do?

Inatizzy - :cp: for having a good month. Sorry to hear about the car.

Alexistropic - thanks for the welcome

InATizzy 10-22-2014 04:37 PM

I was doing bootcamp 5 days a week for nearly a year. I didn't lose any weight.
I was also walking. Trying to do 10-15000 steps per day.
Now I've switched to zumba twice a week and the weight is coming off. I think bootcamp was stressing my body out too much.
I've decided I will go back to bootcamp once I get close to goal. Hopefully before the new year or just after.

Alexistropic - we're on an expat package in the US. Our home is really in Japan (but I'm american) so my DHs company pays for us to go back to Japan so that's where the kids and I are going for the holidays. We have a house there. We wished they'd pay for us to go somewhere else! Lol
I love Cape Cod. I have to agree about the Great food there!

Takogirl 10-26-2014 08:40 PM

Alexstrophic- Hey! I remember your name. I am loving Japan very much. I'm not a fan of the touristy aspects and miss my family, but I love the more suburban area where we live, love all the family here, and my husband and I both have amazing job opportunities.

InATizzy- what's your connection to Japan? You're American but grew up there? What area are you from?

Hiddenstar- Nice to meet you! I do try to do a little exercise, mostly just walking and recently some stretch band exercises. I used to be a total gym junkie, but after we moved a couple years ago between the much lesser gym/fitness culture than I was used to and starting to work and housewife full time I dropped off. Then I kept it up fairly well pregnant at first but now I am so heavy and tired I have to force myself to get outside and walk (actually I'm at the park taking a walk break right now, hah).

I was 68.7 kg this Monday morning. Really from this point on I hope to gain the couple kg the baby should grow in the next two months and not much else! HOPE, but we will see. (; It's astonishing how much the 10kg I've gained so far have put a damper on my fitness and how much harder it is just to walk up stairs, or even stand up, for that matter.
It's hard to motivate myself when I wake up everry morning, regardless of how healthy I've been eating or exercising, still huge and bloated and hungry and TIRED, but what does motivate me is not eating too much junk food for the baby and wanting to be in good shape for labor, haha.
The past week I have gotten super super lazy and tired all of a sudden, like so bad I'll go lay down just after going on a regular errand outside, so my goal is to walk 90 minutes outside every weekday.

Sum38 10-27-2014 06:53 AM

Hi Ladies,

Jumping back in.

I did not feel like a feather when weight crept up past 150 pounds. Now I have stayed OP and my scale registered 144 this morning; am a breathing easier.

I am determined to get closer to goal by New Years. Tired of being chunky :(

Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

InATizzy 11-10-2014 01:16 AM

Takogirl- my husband is Japanese. I grew up in NJ.

Leaves 11-10-2014 03:49 PM

Hi all!

I've had a bit of a relapse too- two big holidays and that has definitely put me in the red zone. Need to sort this!