3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   See ya 130's! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/295387-see-ya-130s.html)

LovesToTravel 04-30-2014 07:07 PM

See ya 130's!

We've hit the limit for the old thread so might as well start a new one! I know there's a 130's thread floating around in the weight loss support section, but I personally feel a little more comfy hanging out on the featherweights board. :)

So...let's get to it, ladies!

LovesToTravel 04-30-2014 07:18 PM

Boy did I jinx myself or what. I said this the other day on the other 130's thread:

Quote:

I'm tired of seeing 135 on the scale every morning
You know what number I saw the next morning? 137 Bwahaha! :lol: I had to laugh because I knew it was a temporary fluctuation from an extra salty dinner. Be careful what you wish for.

I did gain a pound though, I've shown 138 for my official weekly afternoon weigh-in (clothes on, shoes off- just like at the doctor's office) the last 2 weeks so no more denial. :halfempty Poop. Will be working on that in the coming weeks.

atmos 05-01-2014 10:33 AM

Thanks for starting the new thread!

I've been pretty crap about my diet this week, though I'm sticking okay to exercise. Not looking forward to my Saturday weigh in...

atmos 05-05-2014 10:58 AM

As expected, I was back up again on Saturday. I really need to make this whole "eat at a calorie deficit" thing sink in sometime...

kwinkle 05-05-2014 10:23 PM

I keep coming here, re-introducing myself, and then falling off and avoiding looking here because I ate like crap all day. Well, no more. I joined Weight Watchers which has worked for me in the past, so no more excuses.

I have been stuck at 135-137 for 4 months and I need to break through it. Went running two days in a row--now I just need to cut back on my junk food intake.

atmos 05-06-2014 04:02 PM

Welcome (back), kwinkle! I know the feeling of being stuck and falling off. Somehow something has to click, but food-wise that something remains elusive to me. I've finally figured out the exercise part, but most of weight loss is diet I know...

I managed to keep my deficit yesterday (yea), but the trick will be to do it multiple days in a row...

kwinkle 05-06-2014 10:27 PM

Today was kind of a flop--I ate WAY too much, and most of it before 10 am which was a disaster. The good news is I logged everything I ate, so it will count against my weekly "extra" points. That is why I love WW--you can screw up and still be on track somehow.

I can't find the right balance of food to keep from getting famished. I am breastfeeding and starving all the time, but not losing any weight .

LovesToTravel 05-08-2014 09:40 AM

Welcome back, kwinkle! Is it possible breastfeeding is playing some part in this? I hope WW works well for you again!

atmos, I'm also struggling with getting back into weight loss mode. I found a diet I'm really happy with and feel like is sustainable long-term (been doing it for 10 months no problem), but once I settled back into the normal BMI range the weight loss just ground to a halt. I've been waffling over what sort of changes I'd be OK making to try and see if I can get a few more pounds off. Even if it's super slow it wouldn't bother me, I just wanna see some downward movement again!

atmos 05-08-2014 05:52 PM

The last few pounds is so tough. Good luck as you make your decision on what to change!

I overate last night after class. I was SO HUNGRY. I'm struggling with this leave at 6pm, get home at 815pm timeframe. Too early for a proper dinner, too late for a proper dinner.

So, two good days, one less than good day. There's always room for improvement in all aspects of life, though, and I can get myself back where I want to be today. :)

atmos 05-12-2014 11:36 AM

I've been really terrible about sticking to my goals, so I'm trying a new strategy. I've put a stack of 30 pennies on top of my dresser. Each day I meet my goals for the day, I will move a penny from the left stack to the right stack. Every day I don't, I will move a penny back from right to left.

My longer term goal is to see all those pennies move from the left stack to the right. If I stick to goals every day, that will be 30 days straight. If I don't, well, it'll be a little longer...

LovesToTravel 05-14-2014 02:52 PM

atmos, I like the idea of having something visual to focus on. Good luck with your pennies and keep us updated on how it works!

LovesToTravel 05-14-2014 03:08 PM

I don't think the dip in my weight last week (down 1 pound) was a fluke- I had one big jump a few days ago when PMS symptoms arrived and today I'm back down to 136. It's very unusual for me to see low or even average numbers on the scale during TOM, but I'm not complaining. :D It's just a relief to see some progress again after stalling out for months.

The only thing I've been doing differently this month is skipping breakfast. I'm not particularly hungry in the morning anyways, but always tried to eat a little something because everyone says how good it is for you. But I find that as soon as I eat something, my stomach "wakes up" and then I'm hungry for the rest of the day. Most days now I just eat two big meals in about a 6 hour window and feel great. I do my workouts at night around 8pm so when I'm done I shower and go straight to bed. No time to get hungry or munchy. I'll keep doing this if it keeps working so well!

Sum38 05-15-2014 10:46 AM

Okee dokee, I am back :D What a relief!

LovesToTravel 05-15-2014 12:19 PM

Welcome back, Sum!

atmos 05-16-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovesToTravel (Post 5003953)
The only thing I've been doing differently this month is skipping breakfast. I'm not particularly hungry in the morning anyways, but always tried to eat a little something because everyone says how good it is for you. But I find that as soon as I eat something, my stomach "wakes up" and then I'm hungry for the rest of the day. Most days now I just eat two big meals in about a 6 hour window and feel great. I do my workouts at night around 8pm so when I'm done I shower and go straight to bed. No time to get hungry or munchy. I'll keep doing this if it keeps working so well!

Lately I've been seeing some things (no, unfortunately no resources/citations to share!) that encourage non-breakfast eaters to go on not eating breakfast if that works for them. I know for me I get really hungry within an hour of waking up, I must have some breakfast! Hopefully it continues working well for you.

I quit tracking my intake on Wednesday but Monday and Tuesday was in my calorie goal, and yesterday a little over goal but still in a deficit. I'm giving my pennies another week to see if they do indeed make a difference! I've been great about my exercise though. I lifted on Monday and the last three days have totaled 5 hours of dance class. I can't believe I'm finally becoming a person who exercises consistently and really enjoys it.

Sum- I was wondering what happened to you...welcome back! Hopefully next time you leave I'll see you hanging out in the 120s thread.

Sum38 05-19-2014 07:03 AM

139.6.... NOT going back to my 140's.

I started following the Fast 5:2 plan. This week I may do Fast 4:3, depends how much exercise I will get it. I exercise pretty heavy; lifting, swimming and power walking...on those days I really don't want to be below 1200 cals.

But so far this lifestyle is working for me :)

Sum38 05-19-2014 07:10 AM

I have been a non breakfast eater for years. I am just not hungry in the mornings. I have noticed the same thing, when I eat breakfast my stomach "wakes" up and demands some food. -- Lately though, since starting Fast 5:2 plan, I have been eating 2 hard boiled eggs each morning. -- I still get the hunger pains at lunch time on fast days, but so far I have been able to ignore them.

vix 05-19-2014 11:16 AM

Hey everyone!! Weighed in under 140 for two weeks now so I thought I'd join in the fun here!

Hi Sum38, how are you?! You're looking great in your photo!!

I love breakfast, it's probably my favorite meal of the day - smoothies, cereal, toast, eggs - love them all!! (not on the same day though of course!!)

atmos 05-20-2014 09:01 AM

Sum- More power to you with the 5:2 plan. I know that would never work for me...I get hangry!

Vix- Welcome!

I went off plan yesterday but in general have been quite good about maintaining my deficit compared to past weeks, so I think the pennies are working even though I had to move one back to the left yesterday. The visual of seeing them each day is (typically) motivating.

Tonight kicks of my three dance classes in a row. I know I always train better when I eat better, so hopefully I will be able to stick with it!

Sum38 05-20-2014 10:26 AM

Stayed below 140...and how that I am "safely" below, I feel great. No more of those horrid 140's!

Today is my DownDay; 650 calories. I can not quite get down to 500 calorries. I guess if I had had green tea instead of my coffee, I could have been close. I added 117 cals worth 1/2&1/2, ugh. I should save my coffee days to UpDays.

vix Doing great, thanks! How about you? My DH says I was really bloated when I took that picture, that I should retake it. My face is swollen. I had a little encounter with hotdogs ;)

atmos I love this 5:2 plan, well I actually do 4:3 plan with one Splurge day mixed in. The fasting is getting easier. What kind of dance you do?

5/19: 139.6
5/20: 137.4

atmos 05-20-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 5007199)
atmos I love this 5:2 plan, well I actually do 4:3 plan with one Splurge day mixed in. The fasting is getting easier. What kind of dance you do?

That's great you've found something you like and that it's getting easier!

I do Irish step dance. If you haven't seen it before, think Riverdance. Lots of foot movement and straight arms. We do both solo dancing and group dances (called ceili dancing). We also perform shows around the area that my teacher choreographs (she also choreographs the solo dances, the more traditional ceili dances are known as "book dances" because one must learn them from a book as they are set down in writing).

I did it recreationally, showing up to class once a week, for about a year (starting for the first time at age 28 - yikes!), then I got roped into performing at some of the St. Patrick's Day weekend shows this past March when they needed extra adults. The bug bit me! I now attend classes 3 days a week plus at home practice and really enjoy the performances. I've mostly been dancing in soft shoe and just recently started learning the hard shoe. The studio where I attend classes is very supportive of adult dancers and it has been a great experience and really helped me with getting in a steady exercise routine.

My first feis (Irish dance competition) is less than a month away now. I've really jumped in with both feet following St. Pat's! :yikes:

Ah, you got me going on about dance! I'll stop now. ;)

vix 05-20-2014 05:24 PM

Wow atmos, sounds like a great fun way to get moving!!

I'm doing great too Sum! Feels great to be in the 130s, soo close yet so far - there'll be no counting chickens here but I am feeling pretty good right now!

atmos 05-22-2014 11:40 AM

I think my penny motivator is working, at least for now! Of the last 10 days I've been on plan (exercise plus eating between my TDEE-20% and maintenance) for 7 of them. Not perfect, but much better than it was!

LovesToTravel 05-22-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atmos (Post 5008520)
I think my penny motivator is working, at least for now! Of the last 10 days I've been on plan (exercise plus eating between my TDEE-20% and maintenance) for 7 of them. Not perfect, but much better than it was!

No need for perfection in this game, just persistence! Glad to hear it's working out, atmos.

Sum38 05-23-2014 08:07 AM

135.8 :woohoo: -- 12-13 pounds from goal!

vix 05-23-2014 10:30 AM

Well done Sum! And same to you Atmos, persistence is definitely the key like Sum says!

I am stuck at 138.5 but I'm fine with that as I'm strength training and can see my body is changing and clothes are looser - even my jeans and they're a size 6!! Going to put them in the wash to tighten them up, something I haven't needed to do in a while!!

atmos 05-24-2014 10:26 AM

Persistence indeed! For the first time in several weeks I'm actually a bit down! And for the first time since I put on weight over the holiday season back in Dec/Jan, I'm halfway down through the 130s!

vix - That's a great attitude! You're absolutely right that there are multiple indicators of success, not just weight. The increase in strength you see from your training and the fit of your clothes are great ones.

Sum38 05-24-2014 10:32 AM

Up a bit after an UpDay. 137, even. Today is a spurge day...wonder how much of a gain I will see tomorrow. I will try to be mindful and hope that I won't bounce over 140 :eek:

vix yay for 6's! My 8's fit really well, but I can wear the 6's too, only a few more pounds and they will fit perfect!

vix 05-29-2014 10:51 AM

Great to hear Sum! The washing machine worked wonders, but not all my jeans fit so well :( - anyway, these are now my favorite jeans of course! :D

Feels strange to be so close but then I remember that it's not really something that ends, the finishing line will be the start of maintenance which I guess for many people is just normal life, but for people who have struggled with weight it's another journey...I feel better equipped this time though!

atmos 05-29-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vix (Post 5012709)
Feels strange to be so close but then I remember that it's not really something that ends, the finishing line will be the start of maintenance which I guess for many people is just normal life, but for people who have struggled with weight it's another journey...I feel better equipped this time though!

Very true statement!

I was on work travel yesterday and the day before. Although I didn't get in much exercise (about 20 min of dance) I did stay under my calorie goal both days. Took some crap from colleagues about not eating dinner before flying back home, but I had two very large slices of pizza for lunch around 1230 that afternoon, and I honestly was still full from that when 6pm rolled around.

I really don't understand the need to comment on someone's lack of food. I'm obviously not at an unhealthy weight (either high or low). I had two large slices of pizza and I was drinking a beer. Clearly I consume food. What does it matter to anyone that nothing on the menu appealed to me? I would have gotten something small if possible, but the limited menu at the airport didn't have anything side dish like. Not even a side salad.

That rant over, I am quite pleased that I didn't feel compelled to eat when I wasn't hungry. This is not so typical of me!

vix 05-30-2014 10:40 AM

Totally agree with you atmos!!

Having a healthy relationship with food doesn't mean eating when the clock strikes 6, it means taking internal hunger cues to recognize when you're hungry and what you want to eat, based around a healthy balanced diet. Getting in touch with those cues is the key to a healthy relationship with food, and you really don't need others or a clock telling you when to eat. And if you're out and nothing appeals to you, are they saying it's better to eat something you don't want? Crazy!

I have been experiencing that lately, I go to my boyfriend's mom's house sometimes for lunch and she always feeds me so much food, all I can manage later is a yogurt or something light. She says I'm so thin I'm practically transparent (which is far from the truth!) but she sees me eat, so I guess she must think I have a secret eating disorder or something. I can't win!!

Managed to eek out a 0.7 lb loss this week - less than 3lbs to goooooo!!!

Sum38 05-31-2014 08:54 AM

138.6. Atleast I am ending the month below 140 and hopefully starting next month in my 130's!

atmos 05-31-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vix (Post 5013545)
I have been experiencing that lately, I go to my boyfriend's mom's house sometimes for lunch and she always feeds me so much food, all I can manage later is a yogurt or something light. She says I'm so thin I'm practically transparent (which is far from the truth!) but she sees me eat, so I guess she must think I have a secret eating disorder or something. I can't win!!

I have the same problem when I visit my family. I only see them (especially aunts/uncles and cousins) only a couple times a year due to the fact that I live over 1000 miles away from everyone. Some members of my family are a bit heavy, but both my aunts are quite thin.

Anyway, where I come from we eat a lot and quite a large amount of the population are overweight. I get looks/comments when I refuse food or take small portions. I think they're finally getting used to seeing me in the 130s range, but if I continue to work on my goal to reduce body fat then I'm sure some comments will start up again.

I always gain about 5 pounds when I go home because it's big portions, unhealthy food, lots of snacks, and no exercise in my immediate family's house. I'll need to be careful when I'm there next weekend!

Sum38 06-01-2014 06:59 AM

A new low for me 135.4!

Sindaena 06-01-2014 02:26 PM

Great work Sum!

I'm at 136.6 today... making progress. :)

Sum38 06-02-2014 05:00 PM

Sum38 06-03-2014 11:02 AM

Ate too much last night...and drank a lot of water really late at night... 139.2. Eating OP today and exercising, hoping that I will lose a few pounds of bloat. What irks me, I am constantly losing bloat :mad: I wish I could control my eating and stay OP and actually lose the weight. UGH!

Hoping to see a better number tomorrow.

atmos 06-03-2014 12:08 PM

Well yesterday was day 4 in a row that I've not been watching what I eat and not been exercising. I hurt my feet in dance on Thursday, used it as an excuse not to exercise Friday (plus ordered myself a pizza), and it has been all downhill from there.

I have dance class tonight so I at least will have to do that. I'm hoping that knowing how craptacular I feel in dance if I haven't eaten properly will help me get back on track today.

I'm leaving down Thursday afternoon and not getting back til Monday night as well. Time with the family usually equals a weight gain. I need to head into it with a better state of mind. And not care if I get dumb comments about not eating enough, not eating certain things, or exercising.

tonimaroni2 06-04-2014 11:43 AM

Hey all, it's been a long time since I've been here but I need some support again! I've been losing and gaining the same 5 lbs for a year. This morning I weighed in extra heavy at 139.4, going in the wrong direction for bikini season.

SUM - I see you're still here! Nice to see a familiar face after being MIA for so long still fighting the good fight!

Anyone following a specific program? Sorry I didn't read through all the posts to catch up yet.

Sum38 06-04-2014 12:10 PM

Hi Toni!! I remember you!! I think we battled the 150's together!

I am still here, fighting the fight; hoping to finish this journey this summer. I finally found my mojo March 28th, 2013 (Yeah it was an a-haa moment for me)...I was around 170 pounds and miserable. So I have been slowly losing the weight during the past year + , today I clocked 135.6 on my scale. :yay:

What diet plan are you following?