Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 07:03 AM   #16  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

139.6.... NOT going back to my 140's.

I started following the Fast 5:2 plan. This week I may do Fast 4:3, depends how much exercise I will get it. I exercise pretty heavy; lifting, swimming and power walking...on those days I really don't want to be below 1200 cals.

But so far this lifestyle is working for me
Old 05-19-2014, 07:10 AM   #17  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I have been a non breakfast eater for years. I am just not hungry in the mornings. I have noticed the same thing, when I eat breakfast my stomach "wakes" up and demands some food. -- Lately though, since starting Fast 5:2 plan, I have been eating 2 hard boiled eggs each morning. -- I still get the hunger pains at lunch time on fast days, but so far I have been able to ignore them.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #18  
vix

Hey everyone!! Weighed in under 140 for two weeks now so I thought I'd join in the fun here!

Hi Sum38, how are you?! You're looking great in your photo!!

I love breakfast, it's probably my favorite meal of the day - smoothies, cereal, toast, eggs - love them all!! (not on the same day though of course!!)
Old 05-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #19  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Sum- More power to you with the 5:2 plan. I know that would never work for me...I get hangry!

Vix- Welcome!

I went off plan yesterday but in general have been quite good about maintaining my deficit compared to past weeks, so I think the pennies are working even though I had to move one back to the left yesterday. The visual of seeing them each day is (typically) motivating.

Tonight kicks of my three dance classes in a row. I know I always train better when I eat better, so hopefully I will be able to stick with it!
Old 05-20-2014, 10:26 AM   #20  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Stayed below 140...and how that I am "safely" below, I feel great. No more of those horrid 140's!

Today is my DownDay; 650 calories. I can not quite get down to 500 calorries. I guess if I had had green tea instead of my coffee, I could have been close. I added 117 cals worth 1/2&1/2, ugh. I should save my coffee days to UpDays.

vix Doing great, thanks! How about you? My DH says I was really bloated when I took that picture, that I should retake it. My face is swollen. I had a little encounter with hotdogs

atmos I love this 5:2 plan, well I actually do 4:3 plan with one Splurge day mixed in. The fasting is getting easier. What kind of dance you do?

5/19: 139.6
5/20: 137.4
Old 05-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #21  
Irish dance addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
atmos I love this 5:2 plan, well I actually do 4:3 plan with one Splurge day mixed in. The fasting is getting easier. What kind of dance you do?
That's great you've found something you like and that it's getting easier!

I do Irish step dance. If you haven't seen it before, think Riverdance. Lots of foot movement and straight arms. We do both solo dancing and group dances (called ceili dancing). We also perform shows around the area that my teacher choreographs (she also choreographs the solo dances, the more traditional ceili dances are known as "book dances" because one must learn them from a book as they are set down in writing).

I did it recreationally, showing up to class once a week, for about a year (starting for the first time at age 28 - yikes!), then I got roped into performing at some of the St. Patrick's Day weekend shows this past March when they needed extra adults. The bug bit me! I now attend classes 3 days a week plus at home practice and really enjoy the performances. I've mostly been dancing in soft shoe and just recently started learning the hard shoe. The studio where I attend classes is very supportive of adult dancers and it has been a great experience and really helped me with getting in a steady exercise routine.

My first feis (Irish dance competition) is less than a month away now. I've really jumped in with both feet following St. Pat's!

Ah, you got me going on about dance! I'll stop now.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:24 PM   #22  
vix

Wow atmos, sounds like a great fun way to get moving!!

I'm doing great too Sum! Feels great to be in the 130s, soo close yet so far - there'll be no counting chickens here but I am feeling pretty good right now!
Old 05-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #23  
Irish dance addict

I think my penny motivator is working, at least for now! Of the last 10 days I've been on plan (exercise plus eating between my TDEE-20% and maintenance) for 7 of them. Not perfect, but much better than it was!
Old 05-22-2014, 08:16 PM   #24  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmos View Post
I think my penny motivator is working, at least for now! Of the last 10 days I've been on plan (exercise plus eating between my TDEE-20% and maintenance) for 7 of them. Not perfect, but much better than it was!
No need for perfection in this game, just persistence! Glad to hear it's working out, atmos.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:07 AM   #25  
Fat to Fab and Fit

135.8 -- 12-13 pounds from goal!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:30 AM   #26  
vix

Well done Sum! And same to you Atmos, persistence is definitely the key like Sum says!

I am stuck at 138.5 but I'm fine with that as I'm strength training and can see my body is changing and clothes are looser - even my jeans and they're a size 6!! Going to put them in the wash to tighten them up, something I haven't needed to do in a while!!
Old 05-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #27  
Irish dance addict

Persistence indeed! For the first time in several weeks I'm actually a bit down! And for the first time since I put on weight over the holiday season back in Dec/Jan, I'm halfway down through the 130s!

vix - That's a great attitude! You're absolutely right that there are multiple indicators of success, not just weight. The increase in strength you see from your training and the fit of your clothes are great ones.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:32 AM   #28  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Up a bit after an UpDay. 137, even. Today is a spurge day...wonder how much of a gain I will see tomorrow. I will try to be mindful and hope that I won't bounce over 140

vix yay for 6's! My 8's fit really well, but I can wear the 6's too, only a few more pounds and they will fit perfect!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:51 AM   #29  
vix

Great to hear Sum! The washing machine worked wonders, but not all my jeans fit so well - anyway, these are now my favorite jeans of course!

Feels strange to be so close but then I remember that it's not really something that ends, the finishing line will be the start of maintenance which I guess for many people is just normal life, but for people who have struggled with weight it's another journey...I feel better equipped this time though!
Old 05-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #30  
Irish dance addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vix View Post
Feels strange to be so close but then I remember that it's not really something that ends, the finishing line will be the start of maintenance which I guess for many people is just normal life, but for people who have struggled with weight it's another journey...I feel better equipped this time though!
Very true statement!

I was on work travel yesterday and the day before. Although I didn't get in much exercise (about 20 min of dance) I did stay under my calorie goal both days. Took some crap from colleagues about not eating dinner before flying back home, but I had two very large slices of pizza for lunch around 1230 that afternoon, and I honestly was still full from that when 6pm rolled around.

I really don't understand the need to comment on someone's lack of food. I'm obviously not at an unhealthy weight (either high or low). I had two large slices of pizza and I was drinking a beer. Clearly I consume food. What does it matter to anyone that nothing on the menu appealed to me? I would have gotten something small if possible, but the limited menu at the airport didn't have anything side dish like. Not even a side salad.

That rant over, I am quite pleased that I didn't feel compelled to eat when I wasn't hungry. This is not so typical of me!
Closed Thread