Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 11:10 AM   #121  
vix

Hoopty, your weekend eating sounds a little like mine these last couple days, although I didn't have the excuse of anything to celebrate, I just went out for dinner on Saturday and couldn't say no when suggestions of sharing cheesy starters came up, and then yesterday had a lazy day out which started at a bakery so you can see it was never going to be an exercise and juice day! At least I have until Friday to weigh in, and this week I'm starting a new class at the gym to shake up my routine a little.

Atmos - I agree, I think it's too good an opportunity to miss to not go and see my friend, have a guide, and see a great city. It's so cool how she's living there - she went there for a vacation and did couchsurfing in Tokyo, stayed with this Chinese guy and now they're together and she lives with him!
Congrats on your new low!!

Sum, keep at it! Good luck for your fast day!

Last edited by vix; 07-14-2014 at 11:11 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #122  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

atmos - I always tell myself that this is something I want to do for the rest of my life you know, so I usually make my weekends off days. The downside to that is that I lose fat very, very slowly. But I'm losing. Congrats on hitting 133, that's awesome! You're on your last 8 lbs, must be such a good feeling

Sum38 - Good luck getting back on plan!

vix - This weekend was an exception..I usually eat like this without having anything to celebrate either Hahaha, I laughed at the bakery part because I know EXACTLY how it feels and how it wasn't going to be a healthy day, lol. What's the new class gonna be like?

--

Well...so much for me getting right back on plan. I got a call yesterday morning. It was my Mom and I got nervous because she never calls on Sunday mornings since she's always at work so I got really worried. She told me that I had gotten a letter in the mail (some of my stuff is still being sent to my parents' house) and that the letter had come from a lawyer's office. I had her open it up and read it to me and it turned out that I'm being sued for uploading an episode of a TV show on an illegal website. I never uploaded anything but I didn't know that while you're downloading something you're uploading it at the same time making it available to others and apparently that's how I committed a crime. The letter says I have to pay a fine of 683$. Needless to say, my Sunday was ruined. I cried because I was scared and I didn't know what to do. I'm only 23 years old and I'm already being sued. I just couldn't believe it but I guess it was my own fault? I resorted to food and ate very unhealthily. DH and I went to the gym because he thought it could make me feel better but in no way did that make up for all the junk I ate.

So today I asked for help from a lawyer. He said that we can definitely fight the case. He's had 300 of those and 299 of them had been dropped. I'm praying that my case will be dropped as well.
I ate very unhealthy food today. A donut for breakfast, a belgian waffle with chocolate syrup, a caramel apple muffin, a whole box of chocolates, 6 little cream cakes, slice of bread with Nutella, ugh. I was just so stressed out and the first thing I do is eat junk food. It's going to be so hard for me to get back on track.

On a good note: Germany won the world cup, woohoo! People were going nuts over here, honking their cars, screaming like maniacs, lighting fireworks, it was insane! And you gotta keep in mind that it was already midnight over here by the time the game ended, lol.

Okay, sorry for the rant. I just had to get it out. Tomorrow will be a challenge, I can hear the voices in my head screaming for junk food already
Old 07-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #123  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Sum - Life does happen, for better or for worse! Glad to see you back here though. We can sometimes think weight loss ought to be linear, but in truth it often looks like a rollercoaster with a slight downhill trend through time.

Vix - Thank you! You'll have to tell us about Tokyo once you do visit. Japan is on my ever-lengthening travel list for sure.

Hoopty - Thank you! I've bounced from about 130 through 140 for years now after my initial loss from my post-college high of 160. So I've been here before and...well, I'm just keeping on working at not gaining. But the 133 was a pleasant and happy surprise as I have been working that way for several months now!

Also that's really awful your news from yesterday. I do believe you'll be able to get your case dropped as your lawyer says. A lot of the time the government or whomever (whoever?) is doing the suing is just trying to make an example (or make fine money) and doesn't want to be bothered with a fight. And I definitely understand your urge to turn to food. I do that too with stress as a way to escape. A few days aren't going to completely derail you...I'm confident you'll be able to turn it around soon as you work through the shock of the news you got.

Sounds like the World Cup celebrations were a lot of fun to watch!

-------------

I had a great exercise yesterday with a big hike and biking around town (with sunburn on my pasty arms a result), but I went waaaaay over my calories. I can't seem to control potato chips, and I can't seem to live without potato chips. Le sigh.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:18 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Gosh I missed so much of the conversation! I took a few days off the computer to move into my new house... but I have an update worth sharing.

I recently started taking lexapro... I'm not one to usually take meds for anything really but life lately had been crazy stressful and getting me down so I thought I could use something for the time being to help me get thru it... well much to my surprise and delight it totally kills my appetite! I can go almost all day without eating for the past week and a half because I'm just not hungry and it gets to be about 5 pm when I realize I haven't eaten anything. But the thing is I haven't lost an ounce despite eating so little! I hope it's not slowing my metabolism. Anyone else have experiences like this?
Old 07-15-2014, 10:30 AM   #125  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Hanging on to the 130's with my dear life 139.4

I have kinda slacked off what comes to my exercise; back OP today!

Toni, I have no idea. I know some of them can cause weight loss, and some weight gain. Let's hope that this will work for you in many ways, help you to feel better and bonus being a smaller appetite!

atmos I hope your sunburn heals quick! Stay away from the chips

Hoopty That buffet sounded delish! I hope you are back to the 130's! So sorry about your legal troubles, I hope it gets taken care of soon.

vix Awesome job on your weight loss! You rock!
Old 07-15-2014, 10:57 AM   #126  
vix

Hey Hoopty, how scary to get a letter like that! But from what the lawyer says it's just a way to make money and set an example so you will be fine I'm sure. I watch everything on my laptop...I don't download though, just stream...but kinda scared now! Sorry it triggered a binge but it's true what atmos says, you just have to get on with it and put it behind you, that's the past and today is a clean slate.

Yes, starting out a Sunday at a bakery is not so good...very tasty but it was just downhill from there lol. The class is like a kick boxing, circuit class. It's tomorrow night so I'll let you know how it goes.

Toni, I think that's definitely what's happening if you're not eating until 5 - your metabolism thinks you're starving and there's no food so it goes into hibernation mode and you don't burn anything of what you do eat. People do lose weight if they don't eat enough, obviously, but this is not a healthy way to go as the weight you will eventually lose will be muscle tone instead of fat as lean muscle burns calories so a starving body needs to get rid of it, but keep the fat which is lazy and doesn't expel calories like muscles do. To have a healthy body you need to eat, it's crucial. Perhaps you could halve the dose? While it's great to have a reduced appetite and less cravings (which is what I have), no appetite is as bad for you as too much appetite.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Thank you to Sum38 for pointing this thread out to me! =D

7/1 139.4
7/2 139.2
|
|
|
7/16 136.8
Old 07-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #128  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

sum - Hope you've been hanging on as intended! The sunburn is fading slowly. No overindulging on chips, but I certainly haven't stayed away completely. I love them!

toni - No input for you unfortunately, but I hope things have been evening out. If you are staying in a healthy calorie deficit (neither to small nor too large), the plateau will give way eventually.

vix - Kickboxing is awesome! I don't do it anymore because I don't have time given my other activities, but I really enjoy it.

lovedancelive - Welcome to our thread!

My last two days have been good. Dance class and tracking my food as appropriate. Now if only I could find the motivation to clean my house...
Old 07-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #129  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Still at 139 range. I really must get my eating in order. It is not bad, but not great either.

Today is my 20th wedding anniversary. No celebration though, since hubby and I are in different states. We will Skype though. We prolly won't get to celebrate this weekend either, son has a baseball tournament. Well, we usually celebrate with the kids anyways, so what is better way than to cheer our son on!
Old 07-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #130  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Still haven't heard anything back yet but I'm gonna be patient.

Updating from my phone yet again, ugh, I will respond to everyone very soon!

I've been wayyyy off track...junk food, no regular meals, no exercise, not enough water. I'm stressed out, my eczema is flaring up and I've been feeling down. My weight is up, of course, but I know my body and I know that I once I get back on track I will lose these extra few pounds right away. It's mostly bloat anyways...I just gotta sort a few things out first.

Last edited by Hoopty; 07-16-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #131  
vix

Oh, sorry to hear that Hoopty. Hope you don't let things get on top of you too much - focus on yourself and get back on track! Sending you some hugs!

Welcome lovedancelive!!

Congratulations Sum!! 20 years wow, that is great, and a lovely way to celebrate! Hope your son does well!

Atmos - yes, it was such a good class! The hour flew by, it was fun and I really really felt like I worked hard! Looking forward to next week's class!

Have an off day yesterday, went out with some colleagues after work for a drink to celebrate one of their birthdays and then it got later than I realized and someone ordered a ton of food, and it looked so good, so I dug in....ugh!! It was all pretty 'healthy' stuff like salad, guacamole, hummus, pitta bread but after I ate it I was wondering how it was made, how many calories it contained....Today I will be the model healthy eater as I don't want to see a gain tomorrow!
Old 07-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #132  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I do so well during the day and then I just lose it at night As usual today is going superb. DH will be home later on tonight; that usually keeps me from eating I am hoping to see 138.x tomorrow, I would like to show some sort of a loss for the week!!
Old 07-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Sum - congratulations on 20 years married!! It's only been a little over a year for me and I can't wait to see what we can accomplish in 20! We are planning a belated wedding reception for the end of next month and I'm ecstatic, it's making me feel like we just got married again.

Atmos - what kind of dance classes do you do? I can't remember if you said it before, sorry. We have crap for dance or fitness class selection around here.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:34 AM   #134  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Thank you ladies for the well wishes!

Since I am back on the wagon, and secondly would like to lose some pounds before my Finland trip, I told my husband that I want to celebrate our anniversary in September when we are in Finland; so no dinner out this weekend.

I booked a table in this really unique restaurant in Finland. It only seats 26 people and reservations are hard to come by, but I managed to get a table! The menu is a surprise, you can decide if you want vegetarian, fish or meat and allergies are honored, but the chef decides everything else All produce, meat and fish come from the local farmers/fishers and all are grass fed, wild caught and over all natural products with out hormones, pesticides etc. The dinner itself is supposed to last for hours, some people say they dined for 4 hours This restaurant was elected as the THE restaurant of the year for 2014. So I am super excited to be going there. It won't be a cheap affair, but hey it is our 20th anniversary, right!

Back to weight loss; scale is finally moving at the right direction. 138. I lost 1.4 pounds last week. Slightly disappointed, but hey it is progress...plus if I were to drop 1.4 pounds each week before my Finland trip, I could be at 128 pounds by the time we leave!!!! That would be AWESOME! Definitely a solid size 6.

Okee, signing off...wrote a novel
Old 07-18-2014, 06:41 AM   #135  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Toni - Belated reception sounds like fun! I am thinking about renewing our vows at the 25 year mark; fly everyone to Hawaii and do a small celebration there.

Vix I hope you did not gain from your feast. It is really hard to say no to yummy food. Especially if you had a drink or two and everyone else is eating.

Hoopty
I hope you were able to get OP. I suffer from eczema too, in my ears out of all places. They flare up when I am stressed too.

atmos Did the house get cleaned? I put it off this week...I know I will be scrubbing toilets come Sunday.
Closed Thread