Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #121  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Hello guys!

yoyoma - I actually didn't think about freezing it, DUUUH, I'll remember that for next time! Ugh, I loooove chinese food! It's so funny that you mentioned that because I just came back from an Asian store where I bought a few things to make sesame chicken tonight DH gets sick from Chinese food unless it's homemade because he gets stomach cramps from all the MSG and oil that's in the food which is why we never go to buffets anymore. 141.6 lbs is definitely still in your range, with all the sodium you had no wonder but that'll come off sooner or later

Arwen17 - Hello and welcome! Holy cow, you've lost 68 lbs so far? Congrats!!

---

I weighed-in at 140.6 lbs this morning. I didn't eat a lot yesterday (though I had close to 1600 calories) so I'm assuming it's just because there wasn't much in my stomach this morning. Sunday and Monday were rest days for me. Tonight we'll be going back to the gym and I'm gonna focus on my arms and shoulders. I've already looked up a few new exercises that I am excited to try.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:31 AM   #122  
vix

Hey Arwen and SassyBlonde!!

Wow, your cheat day sounds so good Hoopty, I also looooove carrot cake. A friend of mine makes the absolute best carrot cake, I know if I get the recipe off her I'll make it and then just eat the whole thing - sometimes ignorance is better. And as for chinese food, love it too! Crispy seaweed, spring rolls and duck and hoisin pancakes are my faves....mmmmmmmmmmmm haven't had any of them for such a long time though!

Don't worry yoyoma, I'm not going anywhere yet, well depends on my next weigh-in, but I might stick here a while yet if I'm still hovering around the 140 mark.

I can really see the benefits of your eating window idea, I think it's about finding something that works for you, who says we have to eat this many times a day and this many calories etc? I think sometimes we forget things haven't always been this way, it's just a case of discourses making things acceptable or not. Hope it continues to work for you!!

Last edited by vix; 05-13-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:54 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 192/160/137

Height: 5'4"

Hello! I am here just bombarded at work. still 147 guess it's good, no gain. I gave up soda a long time ago but I love the carbonation,so I have mineral water , flavored fizzy waters..zero calories but 3-4 a day. My trainer said that could be keeping me stuck! I am having a hard time believing that..but he is usually right..and I've been addicted to these drinks I think. Carbonation causing weight gain or plateau, I am going to research that. Everytime he gives me a change I lose. I am just whining now but I already gave up my daily wine...now this! Blah! I hope this helps.:-)
Old 05-16-2014, 06:47 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi Sassy, I really don't believe that carbonated bevs can keep you stuck either. Few people enjoy reliable weight loss throughout their journey. I went a month without moving my ticker recently.

I've been busy the last few days but eating on plan with reasonable exercise (according to my pedometer). The scale is at 141.0 today.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:03 AM   #125  

Well I lost a pound so I am happy. Woo hoo! However in addition to giving up carbonated water I did the 5:2 fast diet so...I shall continue on! I haven't missed the water much. One more pound and I am at "normal" BMI!
Old 05-17-2014, 05:59 AM   #126  
Breathing.

Hello girls,

yoyoma - How many steps do you aim for a day? I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that has some kind of pedometer thing but it's obviously not accurate.

Sassyblonde - You go! Just one more pound! Is 137 lbs your final goal?

vix - I hope you're doing well!

--

I weighed-in at 140.0 lbs yesterday and this morning. Today will be another rest day because I have to work late, well not crazy late, but late enough since the gym closes so early. I do need this rest day though...I did another 5 km run yesterday plus 30 min of strength training so my body is tired.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #127  

Hoopty, I am not 100% sure right now. I am thinking more in terms if clothing size ( I want to be a 4 and I am an 8 now) It's going to really depend on where next 9 lbs come off. So I will play it by ear..I chose 137 because for 25 years I had chosen 130. It seemed like that could be a million pounds away..so I changed it for psychological reasons..I was stuck on 130 in my head and 190 on the scale. When I started to seriously take off weight, I decided to change anything and eveything I ever thought I knew about weight loss even the goal, I made it an odd number. If end at 137 or 127 doesn't matter if I get to size 4! And I am building a lot of muscle so I know that weighs a bit more also. I have never weighed less than 167 in my adult life so I don't really know what to expect when i get to 137.

On another note, I am totally bummed out because I usually hit the gym 2 hrs a day on weekends. Sat morning gym visit is the most satisfying thing I look forward to all week long. I couldn't go today :-( horrible cramping (Tom) and extreme pain unless I am laying down..that was last night so taking it easy today. Hopefully I can go for a light workout day tomorrow..gotta make appt to see my Gyno. On a positive note, a great day for fasting since I am sitting on my tush all day .

Last edited by Sassyblonde; 05-17-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:54 AM   #128  
Breathing.

Sassyblonde - It's really smart to go by clothing size rather than weight. It's like - weigh 125 lbs but don't look and feel fit - or weigh 135 lbs but look super toned. I'm sorry you couldn't do your saturday workout :/ I hope you feel better soon!

--

Well, it happened. I worked yesterday and could've ended the day at 2000 calories (blueberry muffin and cookies that I was okay with) but when I came home at around 8:45pm I started bingeing. I had a pretty bad day and had gotten bad news about the electric bill that morning. I stuffed myself so much that I started feeling sick and then I got tired out of nowhere and just passed out. The scale went from 140.0 lbs to 143.6 lbs this morning and it surely didn't help that I ate a lot of salty peanuts (and bread with jam and chocolate cake with frosting).

I'm aiming for 1400 calories today. We'll be going to the gym in a little while and I hope that I can get a good workout in. I already had 2 cups of green tea with lemon and 2 cups of water with lemon and I plan on having about 12 cups plus the water I'll be drinking at the gym.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:02 AM   #129  

Hoopty, so sorry you had a bad day and it triggered a binge. Most of that extra weight will flush away, and it's important to avoid beating yourself up. An off day once in a while won't stop progress. I hope you can learn something that will help you deal better with the issue in the future.

Sassy, you look great! I agree that it's not the number on the scale that matters most. DH is "overweight" on the BMI charts, but it's due to his massive thigh muscles (from fencing and biking): he can't find pants that fit his thighs that aren't ludicrously loose around his waist. As a result, anyone looking at him would say he's thin but he's supposedly overweight by the scale.

I try to walk 12K steps most days (I have a program at work and that's a sweet spot for raking in a reward). I haven't been checking in daily but the scale has kept below 141 for me. I was 140.4 this morning, so I moved the ticker down to 141.

Last edited by yoyoma; 05-19-2014 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #130  
vix

Hey everyone!! Great to read all your posts and catch up from last week!

Hey Hoopty, I'm doing great thanks, how are you? Did you get a good workout in? And all that liquid! That will drain away the salty peanuts for sure!!

I agree SassyBlonde, that going by clothing size is a good idea. Plus, I was chatting to a mom I kind of know in the store the other day and we were saying how it's important to be comfortable, and sometimes just a pound or two too much and you always have that 'I just overate' feeling because you're not really comfortable in your own skin, and that's what I am aiming for too, to feel more comfortable.

Yoyoma, only two pounds to go!!!

I weighed in on Friday at 138.5, so a nice surprise after feeling stuck around 140! I might take a peek at the 130s thread if I find it, but I'll come and visit here too since I don't have too much more to go - finger crossed it doesn't take me too long!!
Old 05-20-2014, 01:35 AM   #131  

Yoyoma, thank you and wow 2 lbs to goal! Very nice!

And Vix , 3.5 lbs left also very nice!

hoopty, how Is this week going?

I am still 146, doing the 5:2 fast. I get these days where I want to eat eveything in sight, I started down that path on Sunday.( maybe from Saturday fasting?or maybe because it was a bad day) Fight with hubby, kids behaved horribly, ok now I see the why more clearly..Luckily I don't have too many "bad" foods in the house so I started in on my kids fruit roll ups...oh and that darn chocolate taco(ok a few bad foods are in the house apparently !) what is hard is stopping once I start craving sour/fruity /sugary foods. And I ate a lot of fruit. Anyway back on track today...
Old 05-21-2014, 09:15 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

Accidentally slipped back into the 140s after starting a stressful job. So here I am working on getting back out!

5/20 144.2
5/21 144.6

I ate healthy yesterday so I'm thinking the .4 spike is a glitch and I'm hoping that after continued carrot munching, water guzzling, and vitamin taking I'll see a bit of a drop soon!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Stopped working out, went out drinking a couple nights, and broke my plateau

146.6 two days in a row now!
Old 05-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

5/20 144.2
5/21 144.6
5/22 144.2
Old 05-23-2014, 07:38 AM   #135  

Vix, Congratulations!!! Wishing you continued luck on your journey!

UA, congrats on seeing the scale move! Maybe it has something to do with the nights out, but I suspect getting back to normal is the way to go.

LDL, stress and work can make dieting so much harder. Good on you for staying accountable and sticking with it.

Sassy, stress can be such a trigger! One reason I find my eating window helpful is that even low levels of stress cause me to seek food.

I've been dealing with some extra stress myself the last few days with little time to exercise and I ended up having to eat out. As a result, I'm back up to 141.4. Not too bad, but I'm always uncomfortable when I'm even a fraction of a pound over my ticker.

Last edited by yoyoma; 05-23-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Closed Thread