Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 05:53 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi, Hoopty, glad your jaw is starting to get better, but it sounds like you'll have to take it slow. Hope you don't get too sick of mashed broccoli!

Welcome, PinkFlower! Sounds like fun exploring all those whole foods!

Yesterday was good for both exercise and food, and today the scale was down to 142.0! The unstable scale has been driving me a bit crazy, but at least this time it was unstable in the right direction, lol. I won't have time to exercise much today, but at least I'll be resting on my laurels.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:29 AM   #92  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

pinkflower - Ugh, migranes Dealt with those for a while...horrible! Those books sound very interesting. They will definitely give you great ideas and inspire you to get a whole bunch of healthy, nutritious food. Thanks for the well-wishes! I can't wait for this to go away so that I can start going back to the gym

yoyoma - Not gonna lie, mashed broccoli kinda sounds gross but mixed with mashed potatoes it's actually pretty good I think I have about 3 more days until I'll be able to chew very soft food and I hope I can stick it out. Yay on the loss! You're slowly but surely making your way to the 130s

--

Weighed-in at 143.6 lbs this morning. I am going back to work tomorrow so I'll have to adjust my calories since I'll be burning more. I ride my bike there and back and I stand/walk the whole time. I am mentally preparing myself to see a stall or even a gain within the next week, just because I'm making that first step back to a normal routine and I don't know how my body will take it. Eating normal will be the next step, then working out. I get my stitches taken out on May 5th and that's when I'll have the dentist tell me whether I can go back to the gym or not. And if I get a go, then I won't lift weights but start with cardio first to ease my way back in. I wouldn't wanna damage my jaw or anything by lifting too heavily.
Anywho, it's beautiful over here and I'm about to go for a short walk. I need to get some of that fresh air

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Hoopty; 04-29-2014 at 06:31 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:23 AM   #93  

Hoopty, sounds like you get some good exercise as part of your normal routine, and I'm glad that you're prepared for whatever the scale will throw at you. I've often wished dieters had a better instrument than the scale to measure progress.

Speaking of which, the scale is making amends to me for ignoring any progress I made last month (it's been over a month since I last moved the ticker!). Today it is down to 141.6! I think that although I'm post-menopausal, there must have been some hormone-related fluctuation going on. Yesterday was adequate but not great exercise and normal (good) eating, at my usual lowish carb level. Nothing to impress the scale short-term.

Since I've been below 143 for three days (and now substantially), I'm moving the ticker down to 143 today!

Last edited by yoyoma; 04-30-2014 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:25 AM   #94  

Yesterday was excellent on exercise and good on food. The scale is up to 142.2 but that's still nicely below 143.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:16 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Still hanging out at 147 XD
Old 05-01-2014, 07:28 AM   #96  
Breathing.

I weighed-in at 142.6 lbs this morning!
Old 05-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #97  
vix

Hey everyone!!

Hoopty, I know oh too well the pain of having wisdom teeth out - had mine out last year, but I didn't get any days of work for it though. My right bottom one was on its side and it took an hour and a half to get it out, with that one I couldn't eat solids at all for 2 weeks - it was soup, milkshakes and yogurt the whole way. The dentist said I'd be fine to work out the next day though - did they give you a general anesthetic or local? I just had local. The other three they took out on one day and it was so much easier, I was fine the next day and eating normally within a couple days. So glad I NEVER have to go through that again!!

Back to nice things, Spring is definitely in the air!! I love May. It's my boyfriend's birthday on Tuesday so I bought him a paragliding trip as he was saying the other day how he's always wanted to do it - it's from a high point over mountain views. Then he tells me he'd like something we can do together so I booked it for me too - eeek!!!

Diet and exercise is still going fine, hoping to be under 140 tomorrow, just to be under that perfect 10 stones.

Last edited by vix; 05-01-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:48 AM   #98  
Breathing.

vix - Oh holy crap, paragliding?? Never in my life will I do something like that, I'm waaaaayyyyy too scared Your boyfriend is gonna be so excited!!! As far as the wisdom teeth go...they didn't put me to sleep for it, I had local anesthesia. I got 3 taken out at once. One of them had already broken through so the dentist simply pulled it out. The other two were still under the gum and they came in crooked so it took a little longer to get them out. In fact, one of them had to be split in half because it wouldn't come out. He had to remove some of my jaw bone, too, to make the extraction easier. I just ate my breakfast and I'm able to chew again But wow, an hour and a half for just one tooth?? That's crazy!! I was told to not work out for 10 days. When did you go back to exercising? So glad we're done and over with that

---

I weighed-in at 142.6 lbs yesterday and 143.0 lbs today.

Last edited by Hoopty; 05-02-2014 at 02:50 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:58 AM   #99  

Hi, Hoopty, we are nearly the same weight. I am your weight from yesterday.

Vix, glad you are enjoying nice Spring weather. The paragliding trip sound so exciting!

It's amazing so many people have trouble with wisdom teeth. I had mine out too, but it was so long ago that I honestly don't remember much about it.

Yesterday was good for both exercise and food, but the scale crept up again to 142.6. I'm still good with that.

Today will be a challenge due to lack of sleep. My dog is crazy during T-storms and we had one last night, keeping me awake. This morning she decided she needed to go outside and bark at something at 4:30 AM and she's still barking now.

Last edited by yoyoma; 05-02-2014 at 06:00 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #100  
vix

haha hoopty! I'm kind of scared about it. I did a sky dive from 12,000 feet but that was 10 years ago and they say you get more scared as you get older. I want to buck the trend!!

Ouch to having part of your jaw taken out! That sounds way worse than mine. My friend was having trouble with hers too but they said one was too close to the nerve and if they removed it she might have a droopy jaw after so she just took antibiotics. Wisdom teeth are officially the worst!

So, I've been real good this week working out and eating right, which I find way easier when there is the summery feeling in the air. But, seems that either my body or my scale likes it here at 140 so I'm the same as last week. However, I have been checking my body fat percentage lately and that has improved, so I can reassure myself that I must be building muscle - woohoo!!

yoyoma, hope your dog stops barking soon and you can get some rest, everything is so much harder on no sleep

Last edited by vix; 05-02-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:51 AM   #101  

Hey Vix, great news about the bf%! That's a huge deal, probably more important than the scale at this point.

Yesterday was normal (good for eating and exercise) and I'm happy to report the scale dropped to 141.4! We are planning to eat out tonight, and if that happens I expect it will bump back up, but it was nice to see such a low number.

Unfortunately, I lost another night of good sleep to the dog last night (I sleep lightly and intervene so the others don't wake up). Hubby is going to take care of things while I try to catch some makeup z's.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:43 AM   #102  

As planned, we ate out at hubby's favorite place (we were in the area for other reasons, including some hiking) last night. I ate an Asian pear and a pint of grape tomatoes before dinner then ate the entree&veg, traded my pasta for a small piece of DH's pizza (roasted veg + bacon + jalepenos!), and had dessert. Worked out well for me. The scale is up to 142.0, but I expect no problems going back to normal today.

In the old days, I would squelch the option of our eating out alone with no reason to celebrate (whether I was actively losing weight or not). Meals out would bring inevitable extra calories, the angst of trying to choose tasty food that was low cal, and the difficulty of getting back on track (if I was in a weight loss phase). I may be eating out more often now than at any other time in my life (except vacations) and I'm still managing to (slowly) lose weight.

Last edited by yoyoma; 05-04-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:33 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 155/124.5/135

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday was a very active day for me - went out and did yard work for two or three hours and then skipped most of my exercise because I was SORE. Checked in this morning and... 147.0 XD still. And yes, my scale is working. I had a couple days I fluctuated up a little on it, then back down... my body is just stubborn.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #104  
Breathing.

Happy Sunday!

underanalysis - Holy gazoly, I'm sure you burned a lot of calories during the yard work. Good job on being patient!

yoyoma - It's awesome that you manage to lose weight and go out to eat. That's the one thing that most people struggle with because it's so hard to resist the unhealthy, delicious options and most menus also don't give you calories. I hope you got some rest!

vix - 12000 feet? I'm getting the chills just thinking about it!! Ugh I swear, I hate the 140s. I've been stuck here for so long, well, granted I stopped "caring" about losing fat for a little while. Is 135 lbs your ultimate goal weight? If so, you're almost there!

---

I've been doing well. Work has been going great and I've actually been offered a higher position. I have until Monday to think about it but I think I'm gonna take it. I was hesitant at first because I've only worked there for a month but the hours will be the same, the pay a little higher and it's something I can put down on my resume. I will be working this job until this fall because DH and I will be attending university, so I mean, why not take it.
My jaw is feeling so much better. I'm not in pain anymore and I'm able to chew my food, yay! My dentist's appointment is tomorrow, I was actually thinking about going to the gym this afternoon but I don't wanna risk it. I can wait another 2 days.
So I've been calorie counting and while it's not something I wanna do forever it's been helping me a lot. I wanna keep doing this for now. I'm gonna be adding runs and workouts soon and I really wanna see how it's gonna affect my calories and weight.

I weighed-in at 141.4 lbs this morning. I drank 3 liters of water/green tea/camomile tea yesterday and the day before because I've been bloated due to PMS and it aaaallll came out last night I wasn't even annoyed that I woke up so many times, I was too happy about the fact that the water was coming out.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:01 AM   #105  

Hey Hoopty, congrats all around! Great news about your job, jaw, and whoosh!

UA, if your muscles were sore from all that yard work, they are probably retaining some water so the scale may be hiding some progress. Hang in there!

I'm not really avoiding the high calorie selections when I eat out (I'm eating whatever I want, inclining towards less carby selections). Since I only eat one meal a day, I can accommodate a relatively high calorie meal. In addition, my main goal is to find a maintenance lifestyle so my ongoing calorie deficit doesn't need to be large. I do want to lose a little more weight, but I'm willing to go slow.

Yesterday, my exercise was high and my eating was carbier than usual so it's no surprise that I'm up a little to 142.4. That means it's not time to move the ticker yet, but I have no problem with that. I should probably wait until the fallout from Mother's Day anyway.

Last edited by yoyoma; 05-05-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Closed Thread