• 8/4 - 140.8
    8/5 - 140.6
    8/6 - 142.0
    8/19 - 142.0
    8/26 - 143.4
    8/27 - 143.8
    8/28 - 143.0
    8/29 - 142.6
  • I missed Arwen17's departure... congrats to her.

whopoopwrasse - you have the most steady weight decline I have ever seen I think. No bumps up? My ride down is a very bumpy one...

I myself bumped up to 143.2. Took some time yet again to get my act together and a few days later am back down to 140.2. I have not gone below 140, even briefly for around 1.5 years now. soooo close....
  • Today the scale toggled between 139.8 and 140.0, but landed on 140.0. That silly scale number is TORTURE

I realized in the this latest attempt to lose weight, it has taken me 75 days to lose the first 5 pounds and, assuming I don't bump up again, 49 days to lose the second 5 - so I am getting more efficient

This by the way averages to a little more than HALF a pound per WEEK. On the one hand, that seems sooooo slow (it is). On the other hand, I have lost more than 13 pounds since April! (I started these challenges after I had lost 3 pounds back to 150) Sometimes I have to remind myself of that, as I do NOT feel any different except that some of my clothes are starting to fit better (I was in denial anyway at my high weight, just wearing lots of long sweaters to hide the big ol' muffin top and saddle bags )

Now just 1, or 2, or 3 more mini-goals to go...
  • Holding down the 140s fort single-handedly here

1215 calories and my weight went up a little yesterday - 140.8. Maybe it was the 2227 mg sodium the day before.

Today up a tiny bit more to 141.0 (1101 calories; 2130 mg sodium yesterday).

For the last few days I have been tracking I have had between 1500 and 2250 mg sodium. Honestly, that doesn't even count if I sprinkle some salt while cooking, which means the totals sometimes should be even more. So I am apparently never *low* sodium! So if I am always high, it shouldn't really cause excess water retention/weight gain... arg. Who knows.

That "130s" barrier is proving really hard to break through.
  • Hello all - I'd like to join you here if I may!

I don't really think of myself as a featherweight, but I do love this thread as I've been trying unsuccessfully to get below 140 for years. I joined 3fc ages ago, but did not post much (an introvert not only in real life...). Now I'm hoping that if I get involved and post, I will feel more accountable to persevere.

I restarted healthy eating and calorie counting on Sept 1, perhaps inspired by dropping my eldest off at university - can't blame baby weight anymore!

So here goes:

09/04/2014: 146.8 lbs
  • Quote: I missed Arwen17's departure... congrats to her.

whopoopwrasse - you have the most steady weight decline I have ever seen I think. No bumps up? My ride down is a very bumpy one...

I myself bumped up to 143.2. Took some time yet again to get my act together and a few days later am back down to 140.2. I have not gone below 140, even briefly for around 1.5 years now. soooo close....
    no, always down, I'm too strict LOL!
    today 142
  • Quote: Hello all - I'd like to join you here if I may!

I don't really think of myself as a featherweight, but I do love this thread as I've been trying unsuccessfully to get below 140 for years. I joined 3fc ages ago, but did not post much (an introvert not only in real life...). Now I'm hoping that if I get involved and post, I will feel more accountable to persevere.

I restarted healthy eating and calorie counting on Sept 1, perhaps inspired by dropping my eldest off at university - can't blame baby weight anymore!

So here goes:

09/04/2014: 146.8 lbs
    You are totally a featherweight. ESPECIALLY if you have struggled for years over "just a few pounds"

Quote: no, always down, I'm too strict LOL!
    today 142
    ugh it doesn't matter how strict I am, I bump up all the time. I bumped up one pound this week while beginning the strictest dieting I have ever done... it's hormones/water retention/etc. <sigh> Though I shouldn't complain, my bumps are a pound or two. I have seen people here fluctuating 5-8 pounds. That's enough to make someone

Today - AGAIN with the toggle between 139.8 and 140.0, landing on 140. The scale is mocking me and my efforts
  • Thanks so much for the welcome, EmmaD!

I wish I only had a few pounds to lose! Getting below 140 is just my first milestone, I guess. Ultimately I'd like to get to 125, a weight I haven't seen since high school.

Admiring whopoopwrasse for being so strict! I'm working on that, although I'm not trying to be 100% "clean". There will always be room for a glass of wine in my day (just not 2, or 3...).

So no real movement in the last few days, but I did have some high sodium food day before yesterday, as well as some cookie dough when baking for my son's care package. I've been eating between 1200 and 1500 calories, but without significant exercise.

09/04/2014: 146.8
    09/05/2014: 147.2
    09/06/2014: 146.8
  • AArrgh - still not moving down. But my scale also gives me different weights if I step on it more than once, so who really knows.

09/07/2014: 147.2
  • 141.0 todaybouncy, bouncy between 140 and 142.

thistimeforreal - you are probably just maintaining the same weight if your scale isn't even that accurate. Plus hydration plays such a role in weight, varying over a few pounds.

Anyway, you and I are both a bit stuck at the moment. I started a much more rigorous diet plan this week and lost really nothing (2-3 pounds water weight on the first day but not really anything since). I'm going to give my plan at least a month or two - I am OK with super-slow but I have to rethink things if I am going to just be hanging out between 140 and 143 pounds forever... it has been nearly 2 months so far. I wasn't entirely *on plan* (of any kind) until this week - but that is why I am slightly surprised not to see more downward motion now that I am actually tryyyyyying Do you have any ideas on how to switch things up if you aren't losing at all? More exercise? Lower carbs? (<<these are my ideas, lower carbs for sure and more exercise in the form of walking and yoga, nothing strenuous until I am at a maintenance weight. I have never lost weight from running, for example...)

ETA: I *do* think 20 pounds is "just a few" . In the big picture. But maybe that's why it is so frustrating. It doesn't seem like it should be that hard to lose 20 lbs.

hence the need for a featherweight forum...
  • Starting to see slight downward

09/07/2014: 147.2
    09/08/2014: 146.2
    09/09/2014: 146.6

I with you EmmaD on the slow and steady. My past habits have been to do a few days of rigorous clean eating, having a dramatic drop in those days, and then slacking off because I'm thinking it's so easy! This time I'm not upset about the snail's pace because I'm focusing on eating in a maintainable way. Also, I'm 51, and fairly sedentary, so I'm sure my metabolism is down in the basement.

I've been thinking about your question about how to shake things up though - and definitely upping exercise has to come into it for me. I need to do that for health and fitness reasons anyway. (PS Running and I do not meet eye to eye). Also, I think I need to eat more at the 1200-1300 calorie range rather than 1500 which I stray close to many days.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll see good things on the scale soon!
  • Hi chiming back in here again. I am at 140.6 today I haven't seen this number in months. This is my second time trying to say goodbye to the 140's. I had gotten down to 132 and became really slack with maintaining. I thought it would be so easy to lose just a few pounds so I wasn't vigilant at all when the scale started creeping back up. Two pounds I thought I can take that off quickly. Five pounds up I got this, I'll start cutting back next week. Eight pounds uh oh I better reign it in soon. Fifteen pounds, OMG my pants don't fit and I have this ginormous muffin top oh no. So I'm down about seven pounds from my what did I just do moment.
  • Quote: Fifteen pounds, OMG my pants don't fit and I have this ginormous muffin top oh no.
    Ain't that the truth?! IF you can even get them to button. I gave up on many of mine.

Wishing you a short-lived stay in the 140s!

Well - I saw today for the lowest number on the scale in ... wait I had to dig deep in the archives for that information... nearly TWO YEARS: 138.2. The last time I was below 139 pounds (which only happened very briefly twice, I have been living in the 140s+) was before Thanksgiving 2012.

I'm not jettisoning out of this 140s thread yet as my weight bounces around a bit, but that was sure a mood-lifter to see that today (I know, my mood shouldn't depend on a scale number...)
  • EmmaD great work getting to your lowest in two years! It really isn't about the number on the scale but on what it represents,the hard work that you haave done. It is not an easy thing to change your lifestyle enough to see a physical change. You are certainly allowed to have a mood lifting moment. You get it girl!