Goodbye to the 140's

You're on Page 18 of 34
Go to
  • Starting today- I'd love to kiss the 140's goodbye. Not sure it's realistic but I'd like to see them gone by 9/1.

Wish me luck-

8/1- 147
  • Hi everyone!! just landed 149.5 this morning....
    Hoping it goes fast, wish me luck!
  • 139.6 today! Farewell, 140s!
  • Congrats to you!! Can't wait to get there myself!
  • oh yeah and this morning, down another 1/2 pound which I am sure is because of my 9.5km walk yesterday, it was worth it
  • Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA lately. I have been working 6-7 days a week and my life has been crazy. But I have dropped a good 5 lbs! I was 140.8 this morning! I hope that I can continue to lose!
  • Quote: 139.6 today! Farewell, 140s!
    Quote: 139.2

I'm going to see if this will last before moving. I'm so happy to see this number before August 1st.
    aaaaaaaah I remember how ELATED I was to cross back into the 130s. 139 feels completely different than 140. Irrational, I know, but it keeps me motivated.

My baseline goal is to keep it in the 130s again, like I did for years and YEARS.

Getting closer: Today is 141.4. I was sick for a long time and my weight dipped as low as 140.8 and I have bounced around from there. I think if I stick to healthy eating and don't go back to my overeating, binge-y ways I might be able to obtain "below 140" in the month of August. I NEED to start exercising again, ack.

My real goal for maintaining is 135. My IDEAL goal, however, is 129. I haven't been that weight in 7 years or so and I think it might require way too much work, but it's always out there as a goal

JenVitz - you are so close to "saying goodbye to the 140s"!!
  • Thanks EmmaD - I haven't seen the 130's in almost 4 years! I can't wait to get back to there again.

8/4 - 140.8
    8/5 - 140.6
  • 8/4 - 140.8
    8/5 - 140.6
    8/6 - 142.0
  • I'm holding at 141.4 lbs. Which is good news for now, I think... I lost some weight rapidly last month due to illness and I am hoping to use that as a springboard to maintaining at a lower weight. Of course psychologically I would prefer to scootch down below 140 and hang out there. "Just" 1.6 lbs to go!

I revised my weight loss goal on FitDay, giving myself more time since I clearly am not going to be 129 lbs by the end of August If I manage to keep on track as I have since May 1, I will be out of the 140s in less than two weeks... we'll see about that.

I'm switching to lower carb starting next week - that might provide the boost I need. I've been pretty low-cal (1000-1200) recently, not entirely by choice, but it has been decidedly NOT low-carb.

Hope all you other lovely 140s are doing well out there
  • 148.5 this morning!
  • 141.4 pounds yesterday
    141.0 today

According to my goal schedule (which yes I know is ridiculous... I don't know why I keep setting these time goals, keeps me engaged I assume), I "should" be 140.0 by Monday. That makes me fully realize how ridiculous my goal schedule is - I can't control if I can lose an entire pound in 3 days. Nothing to do but try though...

I have been eating low cal/med-high carb recently just because of a stomach issue. I know this is not sustainable as I am starting to get my appetite back and 1100-1200 calories on high carb is NOT very filling.

sooo.... making plans for transitioning to lower carb. It is the only thing I have found that budges any pounds at all from my 30-something weight gain. Need more veggies, leafy greens, protein and some exercise.

I am always curious what others trying to lose those last pounds are doing. I am thinking I might need something more structured to finally get off this last 10-15. I am considering Ideal Protein, as I am familiar with that plan through my mother.

For maintenance, I'm not sure. I am a long-time South Beacher but I have had psychological issues (binge-y behaviors) that make me think I need more structure. Well, anyway I am sure I have plenty of time to worry about maintenance!! Gotta get out of the 140s first...
  • Woohoo! 141 today!!!! So close.....can't wait to see 139 on my scale.

Gonna push myself this weekend. I think the fact that my hubby is following my plan really helps. Even my kids are rooting for me!!!
  • Been hovering at 140lbs for several days now, I impatiently await to see that 139 on the scale!
  • There are (at least) four of us primed and ready to bail out of the 140s!

I think I would be OK just "staying out of the 140s" as my goal. My goal is a moving target as I see how much work it takes to get my weight down... 139 is a reasonable "red line" goal for me - not a great one, as I carry a lot of fat. 135 is acceptable. Less than that has become almost uncharted territory for the last few years.

All that being said - my weight is up 1 pound to 142.0! boooooo. Not entirely unexpected as it wasn't the greatest eating day yesterday and Friday turned out to be a crazy starving day of grazing too much.

This is interesting to me: the "crazy eating days" I tracked at 1533 calories and 1549 (but that might even be high as I entered 1 cup of a dessert I had around 10 small bites of...). So I'm getting BETTER ... I wasn't tracking much in the last year of semi-bingeing, but it was just sad how many empty worthless calories I know I was consuming. Hence 10 extra pounds last year.