3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Daily progress blog.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:30 AM   #16
Nutella Girl

S/C/G: 197 / 135 / 140

Height: 5'5''

Winter, I keep so many berries frozen. The blueberries were handpicked but I also have store-bought mixed berries that I use for my post-workout shakes. I also dump about half a cup into yogurt and use them as a treat. They usually freeze the yogurt around them so it's like a Yogen Fruz frozen yogurt.
But they're great to have to fit in the sweet tooth cravings without killing the caloric budget. And the kids get their extra serving of fruit so why not?
Maybe I should think about slicing up bananas and freezing them for stuff like that. I'm afraid they'll brown though. I'm going to experiment tomorrow

So lunch today was... caesar salad. Dinner... bagel with cream cheese. Yogurt and fruit for a snack and hot chocolate. 1127 calories total.
Exercise: running and yoga
Old 02-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #17

S/C/G: 137/134/~120

Height: 5' 5"

If you freeze the bananas whole, they go brown less (and even frozen they're pretty easy to cut into slices).
LongColdWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #18

S/C/G: 131/128/120

Height: 5'3

Coldwinter- we sure had twin dinners!! Lol that lamb was so good too!!

Imperial- that nutella snack sounds delicious n low in cal! Will have to try soon!

I was looking at recipes for flourless mug cakes! I came upon one thats only round 200cal and its suppose to be rich chocolately goodness... :-O will have to make it and let u ladies know how it turns out.

Today:
B- 2 multigrain waffles with homemade bluerrie jam. Tea.
L- salmon with asparagus and djon mustard. 1 choc chip cookie.
D- will most likely have a sweet potatoe and a avocado sandwich.

Exercise- 15m 15jogging plus some squats.
Nikolette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:58 AM   #19
Nutella Girl

I forgot to freeze the bananas But will do tomm.
I tried making a mug cake one and it turned out horribly.. but I usually mess up on all low fat baking. I've quit on trying.
Today, I had a doctor's appointment so I didn't have time to make an egg. Weighed in at 136 lbs yet again.

Breakfast: Bagel with light cream cheese, cottage cheese with dried blueberries, sliced banana and almonds
Lunch: A nutella sandwich (gawd I love that stuff)
Dinner: A sandwich and avocado and spinach salad
Snack: Yogurt with frozen berries and a full fat coke as a treat- I haven't had one in ages. It tasted sooo good.
Exercise: 15 mins yoga + 30 minutes running. I ran without my knee support today and that went pretty alright. I was impressed.
Total: 1,119 cals

Last edited by imperialistic : 02-20-2014 at 06:00 AM.
imperialistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:54 AM   #20

Well, yesterday wasn't the greatest since I (once again) broke my evening snacking rule. But at least I'm only breaking it once or twice a week, rather than consistently snacking every evening. Trying to be positive here.

Weigh-in: 134.4

Breakfast: Grape nuts with skim milk, oj, coffee
Lunch: Half a pita with leftover grilled veggies and cheese, clementine, coffee
Snack: Ritz crackers and peanut butter, clementine, hot tea
Dinner: Frozen pizza, salad, coke
Snack: Vodka tonic, laffy taffys, and multigrain cheddar crisps.

Total calories around 2500

On the bright side, I walked to and from picking up my kids at school (2+ miles), and did an intense hour-long cardio workout at the gym (stairmaster, rowing machine, and two miles on the treadmill).
Old 02-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #21

Well the cake in mug was bad ha ha ha! It tasted like a sponge n not chocolately at all. Oh well...

B-toast, egg, ham, coffe.
L-spinach with goat cheese. Apple.
S- cinammon cookie, tea.
D -2 chicken tacos with veggies,guacamole.

Craving chocolate... Sucks hope i dont fall for it
Old 02-20-2014, 10:42 PM   #22

Just an update!

I did failed myself again LOL not a happy "LOL" duh i had some reeses peanut butter cups for a total of 200cal (to be exact) :-( cal looks like 1450 total today, i feel pissed off, im gonna go for a long walk now and make it up tomorrow also by extra jogging.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:00 AM   #23
Nutella Girl

Winter, I agree. It's better to aspire towards no late-night snacking rather than setting up no expectations at all because even when you slip up, you can pull yourself together and try again the next night and that way, you won't be eating late at night at least a few times a week. That is a good start.

Nikolette, I think you can only like cake in mugs if you haven't allowed yourself chocolate in so long, you've forgotten what it tasted like.. so you get satisfied just based on memory. My little theory heheh. And I'm really happy I don't like peanut butter cups. Everyone says they're addictive. Also, 1450 isn't a bad count. How many calories per day are you on?

Weight: 136 yet again
Breakfast: Two pieces of toast with honey, a cup of cottage cheese with maple syrup (sweet tooth morning)
Lunch/Dinner: A poutine (Canadian dish made up of fries, cheese and gravy)
Snacks: Shake, a cookie and a vodka sprite
Exercise: Yoga and Running

Total: 1,016

I am not happy either guys. I had literally no time to eat today. Even though I did finish under calories, today was the unhealthiest day I've had in a while. I ate a freaking poutine. Horrible.

I'm thinking about having a rest day from running tomorrow but I don't want to break my two week streak
Old 02-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #24

Yeah your theory sounds bout rigth imperial! Lol its true if i was in a completely sugar free, gluten free diet, low carb and so on i bet a cake in a mug will taste divine! But since i sneak in a few piecee of chocolate here and there, that tasless cake cant fool me!

Peanut butter cups are for sure addictive!!! The fun part is that i used to hate em! LOL in fact i used to hate peanut butter too, but since i started dieting (last year) i luv peanut butter! Crazy huh?

Im trying to aim at 1200-1300 max a day. I was wondering do you guys watch your macros? Or just count calories?

B-banana milshake (low fat milk and cocoa powder)
L- chicken breast, veggies, corn tortilla. 1 cookie.
S-plum, tea.
D-??? Dunno yet

20m walk, 20m jogging, squats.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #25
Nutella Girl

I don't watch my macros. Just try to keep balanced, which is difficlt when you're a veggie

My weekend was bullocks, guys. I was watching the hockey game this morning and ate a whole large bag of bbq chips. Still around unser 500 for the week but jeez! Couldn't run of Friday due to a killer head ache. Walked yesterday but skipped yoga.
Woke up at 2 PM after the post hockey nap and I need to get my routine back in gear.

I'm sick of always being 136!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #26

I haven't been on here for a few days because things have been a little crazy with a family member's operation and trying to go through the home buying process. But I was encouraged when I finally stepped on the scale this morning and saw 133.8. Slowly working my way down back into the 120s. Even on the days when I haven't been able to make it to the gym I try to keep moving when I can, and to keep my eating moderate/sensible. Today it's back to the gym!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #27

It was a busy weekend but a good one!

I managed to be binge free! Wohooo. I didnt stuff myself with cookies, i had some, yes, but witin my cal range :-) and that "crazy" mood of i need to finish the whole cookie bag didnt show up! I think what helped was that eventho i restriced my cal last week i still had some "bad" foods, making craving em over the weekend just not as much.

I also exercise this weekend! Eventho those are my days off execise, i felt motivated and with good energy.

Weigth in this morning: 127.8 :-)

B- toast, egg, ham, jam, coffe.
L-fish, brocoli, tea.
D-fish, brocolli. Apple.

Exercise: 20m walk, 20m jogging. Squats.

Last edited by Nikolette : 02-24-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:13 PM   #28

Good for you, Nikolette! I'm the same way--if I find a happy medium I feel less deprived and am less likely to overeat the bad stuff. And the squats are awesome. I know my thighs and butt would benefit, but I'm such a wimp about squats.

Weigh-in today: 133.8

Breakfast: Egg and cheese on an English muffin, strawberries, oj, coffee
Lunch: Got too busy, didn't have time to eat, and then was starving at 5pm, so I ate a bowl of cereal when I got home.
Dinner: Had dinner just now--ground beef, white bean, and cabbage soup with cornbread.
Snack: Coffee and a hard cider I'm drinking now.

Total calories: around 1500

Exercise: Got in an hour at the gym (stairmaster, rowing machine, treadmill) while my daughter was at choir practice.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:08 AM   #29
Nutella Girl

You guys are doing great! Maybe you'll be my good luck charms- still 136 today. Sigh.

Breakfast: Bagel with cream cheese and a yogurt
Lunch: Toast with nutella and a handful of nuts
Dinner: French fries and a glass of sangra
Snacks: Shake and two cookies
Exerise: Half hour run and fifteen minute yoga
Total calories: 1,242

I wanted so terribly to eat nutella with a spoon. I feel like I should go cold turkey.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #30

Yeah the first week i did squads my muscles were in horrible pain for days! But now i can do em without being so sore.

Nutella with a spoon! Yummm! thats the reason why i dont keep nutella in my pantry, cant resist it!!!

B- oatmeal with banana and low fat milk. Coffe.
L- avocado on flatbread, carrots. 1 choc chip cookie.
S- grapes, blackberries.
D- chicken breast with spinach n goat cheese.

Walked + jogging.

I accidentally spilled my vainilla extract earlier when i was cleaning my pantry and now the whole kitchen smells like a giant sugar cookie! LOL makin me think of tasty pastriess, damn u extract.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.