3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

February Feathers Chat

Old 02-25-2014, 09:43 AM   #61

Height: 5'3.25''

Tilly5 – I am sure that you looked great in your swimsuit!
Skutumpah – French bakeries are so lovely!!! I prefer European desserts over the savory food. Not a macaron person, but croissants, pain du chocolat, my goodness! As far as weekends go, I think I get a little lax too, but I walk around so much it seems to even out, so just staying active helps – plus I see it as a nice change from the other 5 days/week.
LongColdWinter – Wow that’s really disciplined of you! I run away from the gym on the weekends hahaha
Sum38 – that is GREATTTT. I like to call it the vacation-woosh – I had it happen to me when I went to China. Pre-lost weight because I assumed that I would gain but nope, lost some more. Its awesome right? Vacation food + a lower weigh-in!

As far as deciding maintenance goal, I always had a particular look that I was REALLY into – I was always pretty satisfied with my proportions/face, just underneath all the flab LOL. I pretty much wanted to look like the hot girls in men’s magazines/sports illustrated so once I figured out what it took to get to that size, that’s what I went for, so that’s why vanity lbs for me are just as much of a “battle” as the initial starting weight lbs. I am interested in muscle maintenance, don’t really care about gaining muscle, but I just prioritize other things, so I don’t really invest in that. We can only do so much, so I just try to pick what is most important to me and go with that.

I listened to my gut and it said "You could do with less of me."

B00ty-Underwear pic as of March 2014 NSFW

Last edited by pixelllate : 02-25-2014 at 09:43 AM.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:43 AM   #62
back in the habit

S/C/G: 166/132.2/<130

Height: 5'6"

some awesome progress in here!

pixelllate, congrats on being so close to goal!!! And Sum, managing to lose a couple of lbs in vacation is an incredible feat!

I'm just slowly chugging along myself... saw 131 before the weekend, but found out I got a new job out of state on Friday and had quite the celebration over the weekend. It was for a good cause, and have been back on plan since yesterday.

the hardest part is missing my evening glass of wine... sigh.

Risk may cause failure, but success cannot come without it.

pavvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:18 AM   #63
Frugal Dieter

S/C/G: 190/135/132 (original G:138)

Height: 5'5"

Hi all!
Back from my vacation and all the catching up I had to do afterward. We did go to the beach and I did wear a bathing suit. I never would have done that last year. Amazing what 50+ pounds of weight loss can do. The bad news is that I am up 2lbs, but that is okay. I am back on plan and looking forward to goal.

Sum - So glad you had a nice time in CO and even took off a few pounds.

pavvie - Congrats on the new job. Hope it all goes well.

pixellate - So great that you're close to goal and the idea of muscle maintenance sounds like a good one.

skutumpah & LongColdWinter - Encouragement to you as you work to stay on track. I can relate.

Encouragement to ALL you Featherweights!
Old 02-28-2014, 07:34 AM   #64
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 172/--/122

Height: 5'3" ...and my newly found half :)

I have been sick all week; ear infection and fever. I started feeling crummy on Monday; felt just tired and unmotivated. I thought I was being lazy.

I gained 2 pounds this week. It could be just bloat from being sick. Plus I have been drinking a ton of empty calories. I even indulged on 20oz bottle of Dr. Pepper; the regular kind (I don't do diet; it messes up my stomach).

Last night my ear popped; I think I might have burst the ear drum. It has happened before, and promptly I started feeling better; the ache was gone. I am contemplating if I should see the doctor. I really don't want antibiotics; usually these things heal on their own anyways.

I hope to get back to my exercise routine starting next week. I have come so far with my weightloss, no time to give up now. -- I was so motivated before my Colorado trip and it really messed everything up, plus being sick.

Do I miss the exercise, heck no I was working out 2 1/2 hours per day before my CO trip. And I was dropping 2 pounds per week.... I really need to get back into the groove of things. Next week!! (Actually Sunday I'll go to my aerobic class). I don't want to gain my weight back.

149.8 ~ 10/17/13
142.0 ~ 01/28/14
132.0 ~
122.0 ~
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:48 AM   #65
Frugal Dieter

S/C/G: 190/135/132 (original G:138)

Height: 5'5"

Sum - Sorry to hear you are not feeling well and about the issue with your ear. Hope you heal well and quickly! Hopefully your gain is just water.

When I got back from my trip the scale said I gained 2lbs, but this morning it is back to where I was before vacation. So I am guessing it was just water weight and that I didn't gain after all -- even though I didn't exercise the whole time (almost 2 weeks). Getting back on track. Turning on the exercise video now. :-)
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.