Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-09-2014, 06:09 AM   #31  
Frugal Dieter

S/C/G: 190/150/135

Height: 5'4"

Sum, So great to get the compliments. And how great to get all the exercise in.

I x-country skied yesterday. I really ought to watch the Olympic x-country skiing as my technique is pretty lame, but it is a good workout. I wish I had some snowshoes. I think I'll do videos today to get my abs work in.
Tilly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:43 AM   #32  
back in the habit

S/C/G: 166/139/<130

Height: 5'6"

hello featherweights

I am a returning 3fc poster - I've been on and off of these forums for several years and have recently experienced a regain that I am hoping to get under control by becoming a regular poster again. I lost ~35lbs over the course of a few years and maintained 128-129 consistently for about a year. I have recently been traveling a lot for job interviews and have had some work and personal life stress for a few months so I was hoping that some of the regain was water-weight, but I seem to have settled at 134 as of this morning. Most of my pants are tight and I can clearly tell the difference in the mirror, but I guess I was holding out hope that it wouldn't stick. Dang. I am conflicted between feeling as though this all snuck up on me versus knowing that I really let some of my habits slip (e.g., regular exercise, not having wine every night). I know objectively 6lbs is a doable task, but I am amazed at what a difference it makes on my frame.

I'm hoping to get back to 128-129 and to learn how to deal with regains effectively. Any other re-gainers here? Hope everyone is staying warm!
pavvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #33  
Frugal Dieter

Welcome back pavvie! And best wishes on getting back on track!
Old 02-09-2014, 06:39 PM   #34  
back in the habit

thanks Tilly and that's awesome about the cross-country skiing!! I have never done it myself, but considering how difficult it is for me to walk from the parking lot to my office (~0.25mi) in this snowy mess makes me think it has to be a **** of a workout!!
Old 02-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #35  

I just started Junel 20 BCP beginning of Feb. Was doing OK until 1 week into BCP, I gained 10 lbs this weekend. Wow that totally offset months of hard work. Googling relentlessly and finding that a lot of the reports of gains are usually people who just ate more, but this pill hasn't increased my appetite. Still feel dark and angry at myself. Its all in my thighs too, no change in chest, only a chest COLD. lol. So upset at myself - not sure if its the "pills" causing that mood. Gyno said that this can be normal, to wait it out like 3 months (which I arleady found on Google lol) but 3 months...thats a long time and i wanted to take Goal pics too...not with these thighs.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:24 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 137/134/~120

Height: 5' 5"

I'm new here--I was poking around looking for a little support in my endeavor to lose a few pounds, and I found this board. I'm not overweight (yet), but I have gained about 15 pounds over the last couple of years due to poor food choices and circumstances that have made it harder to find the time and motivation to exercise. And sadly but inevitably, my metabolism is slowing. Anyway, I'm hoping that a support board with people in similar circumstances can help me kick start my weight loss and get me into good habits as I approach 40. My husband and kids are healthy and fit, and I want to stay healthy too.
LongColdWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #37  
Frugal Dieter

Welcome, LongColdWinter. Hope 3FC can help support you in your weight loss plan. Great to have a family that can be healthy along with you.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:36 PM   #38  

Thanks, Tilly5!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:51 PM   #39  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Hi

Welcome LongColdWinter! Where are you from...because here in MI it has been a LOOONGCOOOLDWINTER.

pixelllate Luckily you only gained mostly water! I hope it flushes out soon. Water to battle water weight!

pavvie Welcome, and all the luck to you. I have gained, lost, regained million and one times. This time I am losing for the last time!

Tilly5 Growing up in Finland, we had to cross country ski, a lot. We skied to school (up hill, both ways ). It is fab exercise. You will master it soon. Have you tried the skating method yet?
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:04 PM   #40  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I feel like a true Feather right now. My scale says 13x.x I couldn't be happier. The 17x.x seems so far away and 12x.x is just at my grasp. I am also fitting into all of my 8's. My 10's are way too big to wear beautifully and once you get to know me, one thing about me, I never look frumpy -- I can't wait to wear all my 6's...they zip up but don't look pretty, yet...lol

I am just happy and excited today.

I interviewed yesterday for a volunteer position at a local hospital and received an offer. I thought getting a volunteer position would be easy, but I was wrong. I had to have all sorts of screenings done. I hear that to even get the first phone interview is a tall order. -- I made it in because I have volunteered for different organizations for 14 years and I am old -- Lots of the other applicants were nursing/med students who were hoping to get their foot in the door. -- They liked the fact that I had no agenda but to volunteer my time.

I chose the main lobby area as my volunteer spot. I have a very sunny disposition and I am overall a very friendly person, therefore the the main area entrance will be perfect for me.

I hope all of you are well and happy!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:12 AM   #41  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Well done on the volunteer post Sum!

I've lowered my ticker goal today, now that I've got to 127. Let's get to 120!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:16 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Hi

Welcome LongColdWinter! Where are you from...because here in MI it has been a LOOONGCOOOLDWINTER.

pixelllate Luckily you only gained mostly water! I hope it flushes out soon. Water to battle water weight!

pavvie Welcome, and all the luck to you. I have gained, lost, regained million and one times. This time I am losing for the last time!

Tilly5 Growing up in Finland, we had to cross country ski, a lot. We skied to school (up hill, both ways ). It is fab exercise. You will master it soon. Have you tried the skating method yet?
Northern IL. I don't know if we've been as cold as you, but I am DONE with this winter. It hasn't helped my health goals either (though at least I can count shoveling snow as exercise?).
Old 02-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #43  
back in the habit

Sum: Congrats on 13x!!! there was definitely something magical about breaking into that decade for me as well and awesome on the volunteer position!

pixelllate: UGGH sorry to hear about the BCP gain. I hope it all flushes out soon.... I have had similar experiences in the past, and it never fails to amaze me that despite being a fairly rational, level-headed person in other domains of my life, I really struggle with maintaining an logical/objective viewpoint when it comes to weight swings. best wishes.

in other news: I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS WINTER!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #44  
Get It

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'10''

I can't wait for spring either. Some days I can almost taste it. Ahhhhhhhh, to go running without wearing 14 layers
skutumpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:24 AM   #45  
Frugal Dieter

Greetings Featherweights!
I can totally relate to all you who are tired of winter. I tried to make the most of it with my x-country skiing. Sum, if I get out more this season, I may try to improve my technique trying to skate more.

Right now we are heading south for a vacation. Really looking forward to warmer temperatures. A little nervous about food, as I will be visiting relatives and eating out. I really want to stay on track!

Really hope all you featherweights are doing well. Sum, I have enjoyed reading about your progress.