Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #16  
Food and Wine Lover

S/C/G: Goal Weight: 125

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone

Have fun on your gym day Sum Hey I had a gorging session myself on Sunday night, can't not gorge at a deli...but my fast days of last week saved me I think.

Hi Tilly5 You know, I thought I was happy at 140 all these months, I kind of gave up my original goal. But my problem area is my torso, mainly the abs. When I lost all my weight, I got saggy in the belly, could be my age too, I don't know...but I'm just not happy with it. That's why I decided to restart my goal of 125. I target the abs 3x a week with yoga moves and I've seen a slight difference. I think targeting your hips is a great idea. If it interests you, here's a great 45 minute yoga video on you tube, it's specifically designed to open up the hip area, I do this 3x a week, I just love it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lUqo5Qceh0

Hi skutumpah I used to watch all the sports finals...it got to be too much beer and chicken wings lol...a long hike sounds much better!

Today has been great so far. Well, yesterday was fast day and I ate around 585 calories, I made a nice baked bean slow cooker recipe, delicious and very filling! Today I did a long workout, 60 minutes speedwalking on the treadmill, 30 minutes on the motion trainer, my weight workout and stretch. I feel so awesome. Tonight is Mexican night! Chicken fajitas and Mexican rice, I can't wait!
Chardonnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #17  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

So Chardonnay you challenged me -- I have been walking at 4.3 mph...I upped it to 4.7 mph I don't think I can do your crazy speed, but I lasted a whole hour at that speed. Yay me!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #18  
Food and Wine Lover

Ha! Good for you Sum!!! You challenged me too btw, I was never walking at an incline, but today I did a 2.0 incline and boy howdy....I felt like I might fly off the end of the treadmill lol...my shins hurt a bit, but I guess that's normal!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #19  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Good for us

I unfortunately forgot my bathing suit home, I did not get my swim in. I think I will go and swim tomorrow morning and do step aerobics at night.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #20  
Fat to Fab and Fit

And snow continues.... I decided against FCA today, I did not feel like fighting the traffic and the conditions are icy.

I had a little whoosh I am inching towards 130's and I am back to having normal BMI. Hopefully I will see the 130's in a week or less

This morning I will go and swim 45-60 min, walk the pup (wade through a foot of snow, ugh) and do an aerobic class. A good exercise day, mere 3 hours -- Some think I am a bit crazy, lol. They may be just right
Old 02-05-2014, 11:35 AM   #21  
Frugal Dieter

S/C/G: 190/150/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi all,
A snow day, so I had more time to work out this morning. You exercise gals inspire me. :-)

Sum - I know what you mean by being 46 and fearing looking gaunt in the face. I am 52 and I already look gaunt in the face, but oh well. Maybe I'll need a face lift after I get my body in shape. Good that you had a whoosh. I love to see your exercise enthusiasm.

Chardonnay - Thanks for the yoga YouTube suggestion. I will have to try it, but I can tell already that Esther is way more limber than I am. HaHa.

Snowing in New England...
Tilly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #22  
Food and Wine Lover

Good morning everyone

It's snowing in Montreal too! I'm NOT taking the car out today, people don't know how to drive period in Quebec, but add snow or rain and it's dangerous.

Hi Tilly Yes, Esther is VERY limber! She's awesome though, she had hundreds of free yoga videos. I did one called Fighting the Winter Blues or something like that, and I realized how not-flexible my legs are! She bends like a pretzel!

Hi Sum Crazy healthy right? I know, corny joke, but I personally love an active lifestyle. Winters are tough though, but having a dog to walk is always a motivator!! I do have a dog, he's 18 years old, a sweet little pug, blind and deaf, so he mostly hangs around his cage...kitchen...bed area. He wears little diapers because he has trouble with his hind legs and I can't walk him anymore. But I'm definitely a dog-person. When my bf and I move up north again, we want to get a few huskies. Have fun on your walk and swim! And congrats on your whoosh!!!

Today I'm suffering a migraine...why me??? It happens. I'm going to do my yoga, but a little later, hoping the advil will kick in first. Hope everyone has a nice day
Old 02-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #23  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Chardonnay I hope your migraine has gone away. Those suck! I used to get them often when I was younger. But even now when one sneaks upon me, it really kicks my butt.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #24  
Frugal Dieter

Greetings all Featherweights!
Hope everyone is having a good day. Rather than my usual exercise routine, I went x-country skiing. Good work out. And, on top of that, I fit in my size M ski pants. :-)
Old 02-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #25  

Nothing new to report - just more cold winter slush gloominess. Just started BCP...while so close to goal, and yet...its pushed me up 3.5 lbs in bloat. Its not discouraging me from doing what I do, but its just an extra bummer. Not really beating myself up for not doing X, Y or Z in life, I think that trying to be frugal and getting to goal weight during this winter is Enough - I'd rather make sure that I do things efficiently than do a billion things poorly at once. I do welcome the springtime ambition and joy though.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:44 PM   #26  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I am tired today. Miss my caffeine! I tried working out; I did get 45 minutes of lifting in, but I skipped cardio and swimming. Just did not have it in me. -- I did do 3 hours of cardio yesterday, I think I just needed a rest day. So rest I shall.

I gave up coffee some moths ago. Occasionally I get a decaf cup to satisfy that coffee flavor craving. -- I also gave up my beloved wine; and I miss having a glass or two every now or then. -- So I am eating/drinking pretty healthy Now if I could give up chocolate, the chocolate monster pops up during TOM time. Which is now. This time around I did not buy chocolate; I tried curbing my sweet cravings with a fruit smoothie; I think it did the trick, yay.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #27  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Eughhh, I have some crappy chest infection and I'm absolutely shattered from all the early mornings (teaching is crazy hard! ). I can't even get much rest this weekend as I have to be up at 5am to drive my BF to the place where he's leaving for a trip and then pick him up at midnight on Wednesday. gah!!!

And I'm fed up of being cold.

Whine over! Just inhaled chocolate, but it was in my calorie allowance! yay
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #28  
Get It

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'10''

Hello everyone!

Hope everyone (Leaves, Sun, Pixellate et al) is keeping their heads above the winter blues . . . that is . . . if you are in the northern hemisphere. If you are down south, enjoy the warmth. I try to stay above it by getting outside and active as much as possible, but Netflix happens sometimes :/

I've a had a good week, and I am seeing some really encouraging progress from tracking my calories and sticking to my fitbit goals. And I'm having a ton of fun . . . I may have OD'd on running and yoga this week

I've officially signed up for the Canyonlands Half Marathon in March. I've been running around 5 miles per run, so it's time to up the ante.

Weekends are hard for me to stay on track, food-wise. Going to exercise some self control while enjoying friendship . . . we'll see how that goes.
skutumpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #29  
Frugal Dieter

Hello all Featherweights!
Great to hear how everyone is doing!

Today I got a bad cramp after doing an abs workout, but I am okay now. And I went clothes shopping. I used to hate clothes shopping when I was obese. Today it was a treat. :-)

Hope you all have a nice weekend.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #30  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Luckily my tiredness did not last; I have had a couple really good workout days. Today I hiked with my pup through snow for 3.3 miles, then I lifted weights and finally swam for 45 minutes. -- I am feeling strong!

I went out with some girlfriends, last night, and received many nice compliments how thin I am starting to look. -- I have a long way to go before I consider that I am looking good But it is nice to know that other people are starting to notice my hard work.

Right now I am not friends with my body. When I was heavier, everything was nice and plump, now I just have squishy fat all over and I am not pleased at all. -- I know this soft fat is a good thing; it is on its way out, I am not liking it though. I will continue my eating OP; aerobics; weight lifting; walking and swimming and I know underneath all that squishy stuff is a babe ready to surface.

I am starting to see some muscle definition, which is helping me to feel better about myself.

Okay enough my whinyness.

So who's watching the Olympics? What's your favorite event? Mine has to be ski-jumping; the only sport in the world where once you start going, no changing your mind