Used to be skinny...now I'm not.

• So I have been on this site for about a year now. My husband's career moved me to another (very cold) state. I gave up my career and gained 15 pounds.

That said....I need to get motivated to lose the 15-20 pounds that I gained. I used to have a active social lifestyle with mine and his work. Now....I feel bored and unmotivated.

I lose a few pounds just to gain it back. In fact, it was this time last year that i lost 12 pounds and now i'm back where i started. Need tips on how to get motivated to lose it for good. I know I will feel better if I can just stick with it.
  • I'm in the same boat that you are. I have 15-20 lbs to lose and I am having a really hard time finding the motivation. Its really frustrating being "a little bit fat" since I actually just did the opposite of you and moved somewhere hot. I can lose my weight bounces around day to day by 4 or 5 lbs but I really need a push to get some momentum going and get the weight off.
  • I read your post Ash15+ and see that we do have the same motivation issues. And looking at some previous comments by others, it seems to be a common problem. You would think that being unhappy at our current weight and with how our clothes are fitting would be motivation enough.

So...restarting AGAIN today! Going to do Medifast for a month to jump start and I'm headed to the gym. I'm also going to try tracking my food/drink intake which I have not been good at doing in the past. Here I go.....
  • Ugh, yes restarting as of now as I ate 1/2 a bag of mini snickers for breakfast (time of the month) I was mad at myself while I was doing it but it didn't stop me. Here I go too...
  • Faith, Love, and Hope. Faith that what is done is done and has been forgiven. Love, let it in to guide you, carry you, and shine through you. Hope, paint a picture on your heart to show Love where you want it to take you.