Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #31  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Thanks Moving Forward - we are moving downstairs in the same building so it will be pretty easy compared to those poor Boston residents who are all homeless between Aug 31 and Sep 1 (lease system there is weird. I have never experienced leakage from front or back running. I've also never had a baby or major surgery or anything down there.

Robsia Happy to see you back here! Have you run any more marathons?? I remember being super inspired and impressed by your completing the full years back.

Cattails YAAAAAAAY 3 miles nonstop is great! Have you found you are able to keep pace too?

Leaves Happy graduation, many congratulations are in order (I know that happened a while ago but I am playing catch up)!

aspen13 How's the weight training treating you so far? If you're anything like most people are starting out you should be soooooooooore but in a good way!

Hoopty Good luck on getting that raise! I am glad you and DH are handling the big move/immigration well and you are acclimating to being back in DE. It's always nice when people notice small subtle slimdowns - in case you aren't sure if they notice it confirms they do!

chahma Wishing you all the best with the move. Don't be a stranger!

olehcat OK so some people bulk and cut. Maybe you can think of it in terms of summer being bulking season and winter being cutting season? It sounds like having ex around and 245794859234 social engagements is really making you happy and enjoying your life in the summer - many people do the opposite but I hate seeing you so stressed out about your weight. It's OK to loosen the reins sometimes, for real. I know too well where you stand - I regained a bit from my lowest in 2011 and felt like 125 was IMPOSSIBLY PERFECT and stared at pictures of myself at a lower weight - that really got me nowhere until I found other things to distract myself with, then I found eating moderately and exercise were things I could enjoy, not penance for regaining!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

hi, all,

It's been so hot! I'm sure many of you are feeling the same.

The good news for me is that I've started running again FINALLY after a bit of a hiatus. There's a treadmill in my apartment complex, which is way more likely for me to get to than the gym (which I quit because I don't need it anymore). It's pretty nice and there's wireless so I can watch stuff on netflix while I run! Pretty awesome.

The food stuff isn't going great (still eating too much), but I'm not worrying about it right this minute. Tomorrow is the birthday of my 2-year-old niece and you know, I'm going to have some cake. I'm trying to figure this out still. I think when I do, it's going to be awesome and I'm going to get to my ideal weight.

@krampus - thank you!! Just what I needed to hear. I just can't...I think I'm not able to buckle down right now as much as I want to look hot again by the time my next school year starts again. Too hard in summer with parties, going out every day, etc. I'm a little sad because I told people I worked with that over the summer I was going to lose about 10 pounds and now that won't really happen and they're going to see me unchanged, :-p. But then again, most people are so self-absorbed that they're just thinking about themselves anyway and probably won't even remember that I said that or notice, lol. Good luck moving! Eep, moving sucks, but it can be so worth it once it's done (I LOVE my new place so much)

@MovingForward - ooh, camping! I hope you have a lot of fun! As for the stomach pains, I think it's mostly lactose intolerance getting worse! Ah, well, I can actually easily do away with dairy. And I shouldn't be eating much as far as cheese pizzas anyway! As for your weight loss, thanks for sharing your story! Did you calorie count then?

@Cattails - good job on the running!! Oh, and as for the stomach stuff, I think it's more likely that it's my lactose intolerance getting worse as I get older! :-p Just as well. I need to stay away from the ice-cream anyway!

@Hoopty - really nice that people are noticing your weight loss!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #33  
a healthier me

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3" Age: 42

krampus: The first day and second day I was very, very sore. Then on Wednesday I felt my muscles for a while after but then fine. I was a little worried about doing the squats, that was what caused the most soreness. Today was good. I am already seeing and feeling changes.

I was so happy to finally get into the 140s. I am hoping to lose my next 10 as fast as my first 10 went. Can I hope there are no more plateaus...at least I can have wishful thinking. ;-)

It is very hot and humid here also, FL. I have been mainly walking inside. Looking forward to autumn. Please everyone remember their water, especially extra now with this weather.

I have been having issues with the ball of one of my feet. I think it might be Morton's neuroma. Since June 4th I have been walking 8 to 15 miles per day. Does anyone have suggestions for a good walking shoe? I bought a pair of Nike Air Max but I think the shoes are causing more issues.

Have a wonderful evening/day, everyone!
aspen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:39 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Olehcat--I lost all of my weight by calorie counting. I love food so much and couldn't commit to cutting anything in particular out. So I just cut back. I still count calories on some days, but not consistently.

Aspen13--Good for you for starting weight lifting. I've noticed nice changes since I've started. What are you doing in terms of weight lifting? By the way, I love that sore feeling. It really makes me feel like I accomplished something.

Sorry to hear about the heat some of you are having. I'm worried about it being too cold on my camping trip next week. I've packed jeans, long sleeved shirts and sweatshirts. And that's for the daytime! I've just gotten some perspective though. I'll take my cool weather and be grateful about it.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #35  
a healthier me

Moving Forward: Yes, please enjoy your cooler temps. Though I hope it does not become too cool for camping. That would not be enjoyable. I am doing full body. This month I have been following these exercises http://weighttraining.about.com/od/w.../dumbbells.htm. I started with two times per week and just started my pattern of Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I am currently doing 12 reps of each, 2 sets each. I will up it to 3 sets next month. I also have some full youtube fitness videos of full body workouts I will try in the near future.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #36  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

@ krampus - I am keeping pace! My stopwatch messed up the other day (I know, I'm SO old school) so I don't know what I finished at, but this morning I went an entire 3.1 miles in 29:51!

@ Moving Forward - good luck, enjoy your camping.

@ olehcat - Awesome on the treadmill with netflix! I have to replay movies and stories in my head while I run. LOL Ugh, lactose intolerance - that's no fun.

@ aspen13 - Nice job with the strength training - are you taking pictures of yourself? It's great to have a physical record of those changes. Sorry to hear about the foot pain; I don't have any suggestions for you, just hope you can resolve that soon!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #37  
a healthier me

Thank you, Cattails! I actually have not taken a picture. I must do that. I have not been a fan of my picture being taken for a long time now. I know I will regret it if I don't. I actually already regret not taking pictures before I started. I promise that I will take at least one picture every Sunday.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #38  
a healthier me

I woke to a complete shock...an AWESOME shock. When I got on the scale it read 147.4, yesterday I was 149.2. I blurted, quite loudly, "Holy Sh**ing Cow". My son (14) heard and chuckled and told me he never heard that phrase before. I told him me neither but that is what popped out of my mouth. lol I was in a plateau for 13 days, broke free from it and lost .2 lbs on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. And then this morning, almost 2 lbs. My water intake as been the same, my eating and exercise the same. I log everything. (I did up my calories near the end of my plateau to shock my system free from it but have kept them up, eating between 1500 and slightly over 2000 calories per day. Prior I would go from 1300 to around 1800. Hoping a raised my metabolism.) Now I am not so upset about the plateau. I'm sure the next one will act totally different.

Today will be a day of rest for me. This will be my first day of rest since June 4th. I am going to try to take one every Sunday. I must say I am a bit scared. It will be hard to see my calories in and out today. I am afraid to imagine what the scale will say tomorrow. I think it is going to be good for my body though. And I keep telling myself if the scale looks bad tomorrow, it will most likely work itself out through the week.

I also need to decide if I am ordering pizza today or wait until tomorrow. My son has had his mouth set on Pizza Hut pizza for days. I told him when I hit 147 point something. I will order their flatbread pizza for myself with lots of veggies and chicken. Not sure I could throw in a very high calorie lunch on a day that I will not burn that many calories. But I hit that 147 point something.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Aspen--"Holy s**ing cow"! That's great! Plateaus totally suck and I'm glad to hear you busted yours. I do not get why upping calories can work to bust them, but I've had the same experience. I'm trying to maintain now, but obviously still watching it. Well, I went on a camping trip last month where I ate a bunch of junk and drank without regard to calories. I was terrified to weigh myself when I got back. As it turns out, I actually lost a pound on the trip! I think you need to get Pizza Hut today, enjoy every bite, and not worry about the scale. As long as you don't eat more than 3500 calories worth , you'll know any gains are just water fluctuations. Enjoy your rest too! Oh by the way, in addition to taking pictures, you might want to take measurements. That is often really telling.

Thanks Cattails! We are on our way to OR already. We will arrive today. I can taste the s'mores already. I also made some jello shots and brownies to share. Those are low-cal, right?

I'll see you all when I get back. Bye for now.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #40  
a healthier me

Moving Forward: Have a great and save trip! Woohoo on losing a pound while camping! I read it in so many places to up the calories. It frightened me but I decided to try, so glad I did. Who knows how long I would have been in a plateau. I ordered the pizza...I am now feeling like I am ready to blow up. I drank 24 oz of water along with mine. So full. I am sure I will have water weight gain for a couple days or longer. I actually bought enough pizza for everyone (my elderly parents, teenage son, and myself) to have enough for lunch tomorrow also. Being very, very bad. I am also actually really enjoying taking a break. So ready to get back going again tomorrow but can enjoy today. Plus I am keeping my bad foot up as much as possible and icing it often today.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #41  
a healthier me

major flushing for two days + extra water + extra walking = wonderful news on the scale

146.6!!

I am going to remain drinking extra water and getting in more walking today. Yesterday I did my personal best, 16.5 miles in total for the day...over 40,000 steps.

Off to prepare my breakfast, grapefruit and a waffle with peanut butter, and then start exercising.

Have a fan-tab-ulous day everyone!
Old 07-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #42  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

I did a 5K jog again this morning, my fourth. I kept the same pace, just under 10 min/mile for a finish of 29:52. Probably should start thinking about replacing my shoes before too long. Also thinking about signing up for an official 5K in the fall - what fun that would be! (Did I really say that? Running, fun? What has happened to me?!)

@ aspen13 - Whoo, grats on the new scale number! That's awesome! Little changes and consistency do pay off sooner or later. Holy sh***ing cow, 16.5 miles of walking; that's a lotta steps! Also, I hear you on the picture avoidance. This year is the first time in a looong time that I actually want to see myself in pictures.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:11 AM   #43  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Hey feathers, sorry for being so absent recently- i went home to my parents for the weekend and left my laptop charger behind! Now i can only check in on my phone i don't even have chance to go and get it, as I'm going on holiday for a week on Monday! Just thought I'd let you know that i haven't left, looking forward to catching up soon!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #44  
a healthier me

Catails: Thank you! I will never do 16.5 miles in one day again. lol I told my son that yesterday and he told me just the day before I told him I would never hit 40,000 steps in a day. I really mean it though, way too much. WooHoo on the jogging!! I still prefer walking or speed walking but will jog sometimes. I say you should definitely sign-up for a 5k.

Leaves: Enjoy hanging with your parents and have a safe and wonderful time on your vacation.

Downed 24 oz of water already this morning, working on my next 12. For breakfast I am going to have Kashi GoLean Vanilla Graham Clusters and dark sweet cherries.

It's storming here this morning, so dark and gray. It's making motivation hard. Will have to give myself extra push.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #45  
Do you even lift, bro?

S/C/G: 125/109/110

Height: 5'3''

Holy crap, Ya'll! I went AWOL again. Sorry! Busy with work and family get-together's. UH. Not much to update. Had a nice birthday and 4th of July party. Getting ready for Midwest Mania in September!! Big fitness convention with workshops and networking opportunity. My gym always sends a bunch of us down as a group...

Last edited by Aidanqm; 07-25-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Aidanqm is offline   Reply With Quote