3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   I know I'm a featherweight but these situations still make me feel like an elephant (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/283367-i-know-im-featherweight-but-these-situations-still-make-me-feel-like-elephant.html)

seize the day 06-11-2013 05:12 PM

I know I'm a featherweight but these situations still make me feel like an elephant

So, I know that I'm not far from my goal, and that I was never really that heavy to begin with, but there are some situations that still make me feel like an elephant. It drives me nuts when people assume that because I am slimmer than I used to be that I should be totally comfortable strolling around in a bikini, or that I will always look model-ready in pictures, etc.

We all have times when we FEEL overweight, even if we aren't. Mine are:
  • At the beach
  • Whenever I am visiting my boyfriend's family, where all the women are naturally petite and athletic
  • Trying on underwear at the store (no matter what I still have that little fat around my bra straps)
  • When I'm having my picture taken
  • When I'm running/working out (When I'm out of breath and red-in-the-face I just can't suck it in!)

Any other feathers have times that they FEEL overweight?

Aidanqm 06-11-2013 05:31 PM

Mmm, of course. All the time. That's why I work harder to lose more. :dizzy:

Just Dance Girl 06-12-2013 01:02 AM

When you're wearing pants that are a bit snug and you sit down and there's a HUGE belly roll that makes your shirt look too tight. So embarrassing!

magical 06-12-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seize the day (Post 4769755)
So, I know that I'm not far from my goal, and that I was never really that heavy to begin with, but there are some situations that still make me feel like an elephant. It drives me nuts when people assume that because I am slimmer than I used to be that I should be totally comfortable strolling around in a bikini, or that I will always look model-ready in pictures, etc.

We all have times when we FEEL overweight, even if we aren't. Mine are:
  • At the beach
  • Whenever I am visiting my boyfriend's family, where all the women are naturally petite and athletic
  • Trying on underwear at the store (no matter what I still have that little fat around my bra straps)
  • When I'm having my picture taken
  • When I'm running/working out (When I'm out of breath and red-in-the-face I just can't suck it in!)

Any other feathers have times that they FEEL overweight?

You know, I never knew that there were actually people out there saying that the featherweights don't need to lose weight until I came on this forum.

I think I must come from a really dysfunctional background where I'm told that I'm overweight even at 120lbs! Only one person in my entire life has told me that I did not need to lose weight and like you, I was never "heavy" to begin with.

Where are all these peeps who make you feel good as a featherweight by saying that you don't need to lose weight! Send them here please!!

seize the day 06-12-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Dance Girl (Post 4770094)
When you're wearing pants that are a bit snug and you sit down and there's a HUGE belly roll that makes your shirt look too tight. So embarrassing!

I agree!

Also, when I wear shorts, or a short skirt, my thighs seem to double in size when I sit down and they are squashed against a chair...

And, when I am sitting/laying and my boyfriend puts his arms around my middle region.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magical (Post 4770097)
You know, I never knew that there were actually people out there saying that the featherweights don't need to lose weight until I came on this forum.

I think I must come from a really dysfunctional background where I'm told that I'm overweight even at 120lbs! Only one person in my entire life has told me that I did not need to lose weight and like you, I was never "heavy" to begin with.

Where are all these peeps who make you feel good as a featherweight by saying that you don't need to lose weight! Send them here please!!

It's true, but at the same time, I've had people be disparaging toward my fitness goal and try to guilt me into eating more or slack off on exercising on the basis that I "don't need to lose weight" (There is a thread about this on here somewhere), which is also irritating.

krampus 06-12-2013 11:42 AM

Whenever I'm around mostly Asian people. Cause I'm a big big Asian lady by actual Asian standards.

pixelllate 06-12-2013 12:50 PM

Mostly just the mirror and knowing I used to be leaner.

krampus 06-12-2013 12:59 PM

Hanging out with pixellate ;)

runningfromfat 06-12-2013 02:43 PM

I think we all have moments like that. That being said at least with the underarm fat there may be a solution: http://www.bralessinbrasil.com/2012/...hello-big.html

Basically a too big bra band can cause this. Also bras with too low of underwires underneath the arms can lead to the same problem.

FWIW, I've found too that bikinis in bra sizes give me a lot more self-confidence because I have more uplift and they give me a great shape. Combining that with a high-waisted brief and I happily go swimming in bikinis regardless of my weight. ;)

seize the day 06-12-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runningfromfat (Post 4770637)
I think we all have moments like that. That being said at least with the underarm fat there may be a solution: http://www.bralessinbrasil.com/2012/...hello-big.html

Basically a too big bra band can cause this. Also bras with too low of underwires underneath the arms can lead to the same problem.

FWIW, I've found too that bikinis in bra sizes give me a lot more self-confidence because I have more uplift and they give me a great shape. Combining that with a high-waisted brief and I happily go swimming in bikinis regardless of my weight. ;)

Thanks for the tip! Maybe I just need to go underwear shopping ;)

Cali Doll 06-18-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixelllate (Post 4770541)

Definitely this.

I may be thinner than I was a few months ago, but I'm not as thin as I was 2 years ago. Hence, I feel fat.

SweetyKins 06-19-2013 07:14 PM

I feel fat any time I eat something I shouldn't of or didn't plan on.

sontaikle 06-20-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixelllate (Post 4770541)

I've been 10lbs less than I am now. It was too thin for me and I got up to 112-115, but just KNOWING I've been smaller is...ugh.

kate27 06-20-2013 10:27 AM

Definitely when trying on clothes, especially tops. Hate my stomach. Not that I have stretched skin or anything, its just the biggest part on me!

krampus 06-20-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sontaikle (Post 4775879)
I've been 10lbs less than I am now. It was too thin for me and I got up to 112-115, but just KNOWING I've been smaller is...ugh.

So happy to see you here again!!!