Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:18 AM   #61  
Do you even lift, bro?

S/C/G: 125/109/110

Height: 5'3''

Check-in : Sorry I am hella-busy, girls. Quick check in again tonight. I had a little over 1,600 calories today. Followed my meal plan but had a scoop of whey protein after lifting. Did a great full body lift today. Also did some walking and outdoor biking.

It's 11:17pm and I'm still up baking cookies for my Dad! Kill me. Lol. Father's Day is tomorrow and my Dad's favorite are dark chocolate chip pecan cookies. So I am reluctantly baking. Haven't eaten anything so far.... I hate baking.
Aidanqm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

So yeah, yesterday I didn't eat so clean, despite having this impending deadline thing where I want to look good. I didn't eat horrible, and I did walk a lot, but today can't be much better since it is Father's Day and I had already arranged for us to go to this Mexican restaurant tonight, and it's going to be very difficult to stay anywhere near on plan there! It's almost like psychologically my mind says, "hey, you can't REALLY be strict until Monday so you might as well loosen up the rest of the weekend, too." Ugh!

Also, moving is no fun. I hate how I can't find anything.

@Aidan - you have willpower of steel -- baking and not eating anything. This is why I rarely rarely bake and during the few times when I get into a baking mood, I inevitably gain weight!

@cantgetenough - hi, I have no answers for you, but I'm curious to read any answers! I think a lot of water weight can be lost just by drinking tons of water and staying strictly on plan between now and the holiday, but I don't know about how much "real" weight would be lost.

@Leaves - good luck getting into the 139 range! Ugh, I salivate for that range right now, too. Yeah, I'm very stressed which is making it VERY difficult to stay on plan at the moment...*sigh* I am trying to make good choices one choice at a time. It's hard!

@Turbo -so great that you were able to find such a specific sweet spot that sounds very reasonable. 2000 plus a big percentage of workout calories sounds very do-able and generous! As for the puking, wow! I have puked because of exercise before, but it's never been a situation where I can get right up and continue, usually involving stomach pains of some kind! Always funny for the witnesses for you to just keep going like it's nothing! ;D

@Hoopty - Glad the interview went well! Excellent! And thank you -- will try to maybe wear some Spanx-like under garment so that I at least FEEL a lot thinner than I am. Maybe that will help psychologically...
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #63  
Do you even lift, bro?

@olehcat; It's a real pain to bake because I don't usually have anything. So the whole time it's frustrating. Lol.

Check-in : Father's Day was today. My father and mother came into town for the day to visit my sister and I. It was a blast. We bad lunch at my Dad's favorite restaurant where we gave him his gifts. Then we toured some outdoor gardens and went shopping.

Food count today was 1,650 - ish. I stayed as close to my meal plan as I could today. Ordered grilled salmon with roasted vegetables and mixed greens at lunch. I had one single small cookie this morning to make sure they turned out well. Less than 170 calories for a small sized one (I worked out the recipe nutrition a long time ago).... And I even skipped ice cream after lunch that my Dad and sister got. Ice cream used to be a weakness of mine... It's like my favorite sweet. So that I could keep my goals in mind and skip it today made me super proud. Haha.

Today was awesome.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #64  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hi ladies! Just a quick check in, I'm freakishly all over the place right now, painting, packing boxes and running around all at the same time.

My weight went up a bit this weekend from overeating a little and not pooping much, but I had a really awesome 19k run yesterday that brought me back to my normal self.

Have a nice week Feathers!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #65  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Hello girls,

Also just a quick check-in from me!

Saturday:
Family BBQ was AWESOME! Ended up having a lot of cake but only a tiny little bit of meat and salad. No rice or bread.

Sunday: Terrible. I ate a lot of left-over cake and lots of bread with Nutella. Only went for a 30min walk.

Today: Back on track! I worked, rode my bike and ate healthily. I'm super exhausted now but I'm happy that I didn't reach for any bad food. No BM though, I'm sad

June is halfway over. Holy Moly.

Have a great week everyone!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:35 AM   #66  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Hey chicks!

Missed this place so much while the whole Malware thing was going on! Gahh, hope it's fixed now.

After stalling for a bit, I did a crazy 1+hour dance/aerobics session yesterday and saw some movement again this morning. Hope that's me kickstarted again! Not long until the holidays now and I now I'm going to have to go shopping soon!

Bit of a NSV yesterday too, I was trying to kill time in town so went into a shop to try on some jeans for fun. Tried on a size 12 (US 8?) and THEY FIT LIKE A GLOVE. Seriously, they were like, the most well fitting pair of jeans I have ever tried on. But, didn't buy them in the hope that in a few weeks I can buy them in an even smaller size! woooo
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:30 AM   #67  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi Feathers!

@Leaves: You and me both! I didn't realize how much I depend on this site until I couldn't access it, aargh! Kudos on the jeans, that is awesome!

@Hoopty: You're having way too much fun!

@olehcat: Have a great visit with your friend; don't let what might have been throw you off! Live in the moment.

@Aidanqm: Your resolve is impressive! Glad you had a great day.

The past three days I've been seeing 128 on the scale, except for yesterday morning: it read a definite 127!! Woot! I am in a new decade and determined to stay here. Gonna reset my ticker tomorrow according to what my WI looks like.

And I started C25K a few days ago, doing 1/2 mile intervals of jogging. I'm so slow, and those 5 minutes are tough; I know it'll get better, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to breezily say 'went out for a quick 5k or 16k run!' Ah, well, we all do what we can, right? Feels good to push on and sweat.

Hope everyone has a terrific week!

Last edited by Cattails; 06-18-2013 at 05:53 AM.
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #68  
Do you even lift, bro?

Check-in from Monday, 6/17: Followed my meal plan, for the most part. I added some pecans to my oatmeal which put my total calorie count for the day at 1,619. I did a 55 minute spin class and outdoor biking as well.

Today, I don't have any set plans other than work. I should probably lift.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 163/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

@hoopty I have the worst relationship with nutella, too! It’s very much love-hate, so I completely understand. And congrats on getting your old job back!

@xiao enjoy your last few weeks in China. I know the feeling of being ready to get home, but then once you do, you start to realize all the little things you missed from living abroad LOL

@leaves awesome NSV! hopefully in a few weeks you get can get the size 10!

@krampus beautiful dress from your pic! how did the dentist appointment go? I dread them too, I have horrible memories of being forced to use fluoride and throwing up as a child, and every time I step foot in a dentist office – for some reason (I think it’s the smell) it comes back to haunt me and I get all clammy and freaked out, LOL.

@aiden You always seem to be right on point with eating and exercising! You are so active, how do you fit it all into your day?

@turbo good luck with your move! and sheesh, 19k! wow…. you guys seriously put me to shame because I can’t even get off my @$$!

@oleh try not to beat yourself up comparing yourself to your friend! 2” in height can make a BIG difference, and everyone carries their weight differently, so don’t get so caught up in it that you can’t enjoy your time together!

@cat congrats on starting C25K. My sister started that over a year ago, she had NEVER been active or run in her entire life (even though she’s always been skinny) and now she is an exercise buff, it’s amazing. Everyone starts off slow, but it will get easier!

@alexis where you been girl? sorry to hear about the breakup with the PhD. I know you had mentioned that you weren’t exactly on the same page as far as religion, so I think it is probably for the best, like you said. There are plenty of fish in the sea!

@cantgetenough welcome! I think it just depends on your body, everyone will lose at a different rate. Try to aim for 1-2 lbs a week. If you lose it too quickly it might come back on just as quickly.

Sorry if I missed anyone else – featherweights keeps growing and growing!

Hey all! Wow life changes sooo quickly. Suddenly my visa has been approved and now I have to move back to France to finish my permanent residency requirements, which could take anywhere from 3-6 months. Keep in mind I have been fighting with them for 2 years now, it’s about time! The only bad part is that I had already signed another year of my teaching contract so I had to break the news to them and now I am working with HR to see what I need to do to be released from my contract. I really did like working for them, but this is a really important step for me. Plus this means the hubby and I will never have any excuse to live apart – he has his residency card for the US – I’ll have mine and then we can come and go as we please! We’ve decided though once my card is taken care of we will probably be moving to California since he already has some business propositions there, which I am completely OK with.

Life is moving unexpectedly fast – I have to go to the consulate to pick up my visa (which of course, requires a plane ticket + hotel room at the last minute!), then as soon as I get my passport back then I can buy my ticket to France (another nice chunk of change). Luckily I have been renting month to month and I haven’t amassed too much stuff over this past year. My mom has already said I can store the things I want to keep with her, which is nice. Furniture and household items are fairly easy to sell on craigslist, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Anyway – weight is doing well. When I first got back from vacation I was 167 but I think that was some water weight because the next day it dropped back to 163 – so I’m thinking that really where I was but after my first week doing WW I’m at 159.4. So I'm pretty much back to where I was in April, LOL. But I had a really rough month in May, so I'm okay with that. I'm ready to keep moving forward.

I’m not having any problems following my plan, I allow myself to eat a little bit of everything and I haven’t had to go over on my points except a few days, and it’s only by 2-3 points. I have 49 extra point weekly allowance but I’m only going to allow myself to use those if I absolutely need them – such as going out to eat, etc.

As far as exercise, I am just NOT motivated. I don’t know if it’s because I got another sinus issue going on and I haven’t felt like going out and running or what it is – but I just don’t want to exercise. Period. I know I need to not only to lose weight but get toned up, but I just can’t bring myself to do it. Ugh! Where is my motivation?!!!

That’s my update for you girls. Hope you’re having a good week!
chahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #70  
Do you even lift, bro?

@chahma; I work at a gym

Check-in: Did more exercise today so I had to up the calories a bit. Outdoor biking, full body lift, and a 25 minute HIIT spin. Calorie total today is 1,703. Followed my meal plan but had an extra small post-lift meal with my best friend. We went to our favorite sushi place and I ordered a single roll (salmon, asparagus, jalapeno pepper + black rice) and steamed edamame.

It was an awesome day! The weather was beautiful and I had a great lift (hard to do while dieting). Also, my best friend is headed to Europe tomorrow for three weeks. I'm super glad that I got to see her today before she heads out.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #71  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hi ladies!

Sorry for the lack of personals this week I just wanted to do a quick check-in for the accountability. WI staying around 132-133 (hit 132.0 for two days in a row, yesterday and today, which is crazy. I saw this kind of number like once before, my ever lower being 131.8 for a day).

Food was good for the past days, but it is all about to change tonight :P We are in the process of emptying our fridge, so we're gonna be eating take out and frozen stuff in the next days. Tonight especially, we are having a roasted chicken thing, a place that deliver got a 2 for 1 thing for 3 days and the boyfriend was out of the world when he heard that. *sigh* good bye awesome WI of the last few days :P

I'M off painting, packing and cleaning. Have a good day feathers!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #72  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Cattails- Thanks! So with you on the running thing, I recently started and can now manage about 2k without stopping. But it's torture! However I did start out at around 12 minutes and seem to have whittled it down to closer to 10, so if I can make progress (and I'm probably the world's worst runner!) I'm sure you can too!

Chahma-Me too :3 Where abouts in France are you moving to? I love visiting France, always feels like such a more relaxed way of life over there!

Aidan- So that's your secret! Aha. Good work with staying on plan, sushi sounds yummy

Turbo-Woo superduper weigh in! Good luck with the eating out though! At least you know that you're in a place to deal with it without going off the rails though, so even any small gains will be temporary which is awesome

-----------

I'm super happy right now. Supposedly we get our degree results from our department tomorrow, but they suddenly showed up on our uni intranet under the 'degree result' button that has been sitting there not working since Friday I wasn't sure if I could believe it, when a friend posted on Facebook that Academic Services had already put the Arts results up in the main uni building. So I went over, and confirmed, I got a 2:1! I was so worried after some botched modules in 2nd year meant a couple of low marks, so I'm really pleased I got what I wanted. Of course, now I feel like I would have been even happier with a 1st, but, ya know, I wish I was taller/thinner etc. Always wanting what I don't have!

In weight terms, I think I got a 138 this morning. Hoping to confirm that tomorrow. I'm really starting to think about goal now, I've seen pictures of other women my height (which is probably actually closer to 5'4) at 130lbs and have started thinking that maybe I want to be thinner than that..not sure. I really need to see how it looks on me when I get there I guess.

Anyway, it's nice and sunny here right now, so I'm gonna go do some gardening. Laters!

Last edited by Leaves; 06-19-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #73  
Do you even lift, bro?

Smile

Check-in: Super busy today, gals. Sorry for rushed check ins. 1,520 calories today. Did a 6 mile hard run with a co-worker. It was beautiful, we ran around the lakeshore paths. Did outdoor biking today as well. I'm exhausted....

I picked up some beautiful strawberries and golden cherry tomatoes at the Farmer's market today. What a treat! I also got to spend time with a one of my best friends who I hadn't seen in a while. So that was a perfect ending to the day. The weather was also brilliant today. 76 ddegrees, sunny and breezy! Perfect day.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

oh, sorry I've been absent for a few days -- am so busy between my class and moving stuff, plus fun things like walking for miles and miles in beautiful weather. The weather has been just about perfect -- low 80s (F) and not too humid, although that's supposed to change by next week when it becomes brutally hot, apparently. Just in time because my air conditioning unit is broken in my current place, but I will have central air in my new place!

I haven't weighed myself for a few days and have decided not to until after the move/ my friend's visit. Why weigh myself on the day that my smaller friend is coming and see that I weigh 149 or something? Why set myself up for that kind of insecurity?

No personals because I need to get some stuff ready for my class this morning, *sigh* (it's eating up my time).
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #75  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Happy Summer Solstice Feathers!!!

I am off to northwest NJ to canoe along the Delaware River this weekend with BF and like a dozen of his friends from NYC that I've never met. Should be a really relaxing time - we went food shopping at Walmart yesterday and I bought SPAGHETTI-Os (apparently a small can has 150 calories) and COOKIES (and some more nutritious things as well). Sadly TOM seems to be coming any day - I ONLY EVER get it when I'm going to leave town to do fun things!

I'm looking forward to wearing my new bikini and camping and just taking it easy! I had a friend visit on Wednesday - we've had a semi toxic friendship since 2004 when we were freshman roommates, she's just nuts in so many ways and can't have fun unless she's getting showered with male attention - in this case my roommate (who I'm much closer to these days)'s ex and like two other close friends who just threw themselves at her and sort of made me lose respect for them watching them act like sharks in a feeding frenzy. Hnngffff. Factor heavy drinking into that mix and I'm just DONE with those folks for a couple days! D: Exercise has been good this week, I had tons of sushi for dinner last night so I got in a good lift before work today.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the warmth! Personals later!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote