3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

June Feathers' Chat

Old 06-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #31

S/C/G: 127/126/115

Height: 5'1"

yay!! So glad you made it safely to Germany!!! As for my last 10, apparently I'm giving it 3 years :P But now as long as there's steady progress I'll be good.
batmomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #32
I <3 cycling

S/C/G: 125/125/110

Height: 5'3''

Hey gals,

Sorry that I can't really catch up on chat. I finished my Ragnar Relay this weekend. Left home at 4am Friday morning and did not get back home until 9pm Saturday evening. Ragnar Relay is 200 mile running team relay that goes over 24 hours. It was crazy and it was fun as well. If I do the Ragnar again, I'd like to be on an "ultra" team next year. Running along the shore of Lake Michigan was my favorite part. It was so beautiful! Here are a few pictures form the Ragnar:

I survived off of canned tuna, turkey sticks, rice cakes, bananas, and bagels this weekend. Probably got four hours of sleep the entire time. Now that the event is over, I can get back to my regular eating/sleeping. It was worth-it though! Very fun event.
Aidanqm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #33
Eat Big to Stay Small

S/C/G: 160+/116/114

Height: 5'5

Hi Feathers!

I survived the wedding, pre-wedding synagogue service and a baby shower - and I weighed in 122.2 yesterday and 122.0 today. This seems to be my new weight!

Everyone I know is depressed and there is bad news of deaths of friends of friends. I however am hanging on to a really good mood and don't want to drop the ball. I'm beyond excited for a weekend to just RELAX and hang out locally without tons of obligations.

Low quality myspace-angle selfie:

Aidanqm - CONGRATS on finishing the relay! Sounds truly epic and that photo along the lakeshore is gorgeous for many reasons. Are you from the Mitten State? My parents are both from MI.

Hoopty Wedding was good thanks, I'm glad I'm not going to have to wear strappy heels for a loooong time. Very relieved to hear you made it safely back to Germany with DH in one piece. I have to say I'm jealous of your access to Provamel chocolate pudding...I love Germany, used to kind of date a guy from Mannheim who was a druid hippie!

batmomm I can never keep up with the monthly chats either honestly! I forget, have you run marathons before? I max out with running around 6-7 miles before I'm bored and my knees hurt.

Cattails Awesome to see a new decade isn't it? Pad thai was awesome but I felt really oversalted and sort of gross after carb loading and didn't exercise in the afternoon, thus wasting my carb load. Oh well. No one's perfect. Chips and salsa, mmm...thanks for reminding me I haven't had Mexican overload since Cinco de Mayo!

olehcat I think you get "used" to having someone new to do fun things with after a week or two and it all calms down. Challenges are nice - probably better/more psychologically healthy to reward yourself for DOING things instead of ABSTAINING from things IMO. You could always apply krampus' law of "can't shower unless you've exercised..."

TurboMammoth WELL I won't give any spoilers but you'll have to see for yourself. I loved Michelle in "Machete" - she is so HAWT and the eyepatch worked well for her. Congrats on your would have been 10K PR, wind be darned. I would like to try asparagus baked in the oven w/breadcrumbs...the smelly pee would be funny to me and not deter me from eating it.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/krampus
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #34
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

olehcat : Yeah, racing in the summer is hard... the heat is quickly approaching and I am dreading it lol. Approaching the weight loss in term of game could work, have you found a plan yet about that?

Cattails : yummmm mexican food! Hope it was fun

batmomm : okay, everytime you post, I can't help it but sing ''nanananananana baaaatmommmm''. When is your marathon?

hoopty : Glad you made it without too much trouble for your husband during the flight. the luggage issue does suck, but at least you got there without a panic attack! To answer your question, I have a first red line at 134 , that I am allowed to flirt with from time to time (when I overeat or have something salty) but my big WOAH WAIT A MINUTE/taking measure is 135.

Aidanqm : I love your pictures! Seems like you had an amazing time. Congrats to you and your team on completing your relays!!!

krampus : Look how skinny and fit you are! As I was posting my daily Wi this morning, I saw your post and I was like ''hey, she's really into the 122's now'', a few weeks ago you were definitely more around 123, awesome job!! http://www.closetcooking.com/2013/05...fries.html?m=1 this is the asparagus recipe! they totally worth the weird smelling pee :P

Hi! All if fine in term of weight, hit something in the 132's this morning, I ate more food during the weekend (it was planned) to fuel and refuel for my 17k Sunday morning, so I'm glad to see I'm keeping all of this stable.

Did not do much during the weekend except going for my run, packing stuff and hanging around the house. My run was fine in term of cardio and endurance, knees were hurting a lot in the end but because of a few swap in my program, I ran more than I was supposed to in the last 6 days, so I guess it did not help. The biggest problem was that I was overdress, I thought a lot of throwing my longsleeve tshirt away (was supposed to be cold-ish and rainy, ended up being sunny) and running only in sport bra.

My boyfriend got me into watching CrossFit Regionals thingy yesterday and I was kinda enjoying it because 1) JESUS CHRIST THOSE GUYS ARE CUT and 2) they were all, male & female, so awesomely FIT. After my half at the end of June, I think I'll start to work a bit more my muscular strength. These women were so STRONG, it was really inspiring.

Good day, ladies!

TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #35
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/139/132

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone, just a quick check-in here.

I have been doing okay with my weight. Not great, but not terrible, either. Feeling a little uninspired/rebellious in terms of my food intake, but today has been better than the weekend. Just need to refresh my determination.

Hope everyone's doing well!

4 YEARS + 4 months maintaining!
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #36
I <3 cycling

@krampus; Glad you've been in a generally good mood. Really pretty dress you have in that picture! ... I'm from WI, actually. Ragnar Relay started in Madison, WI and ended in Chicago, IL.

@turbomammoth; Thanks much! It was a fun experience. Everyone on my team was really nice. ... Crossfit is crazy! I know so many people get hurt from that sport, lol. But yeah, there are a lot of fit people in crossfit. Heavy lifting and a spot-on diet will do wonders for the body, more than any type of cardio ever can.

@nineteen;
Hope you get your willpower back. Kick your butt into high gear this week!

---

Check-in: Followed my meal plan today. Had just under 1,500 calories. Did a short run/walk to flush out my legs this morning, as well as some outdoor biking. Lifted upper body in the evening.

Got a new roommate for August. She's a baker. A baker. Lord, no. What bad karma did I bring upon myself? She seems nice but she said, "You can have all the leftover snacks!" UGH. Please no. I don't need pastries and cupcakes sitting around in the house every day, or ever...
Old 06-11-2013, 04:47 AM   #37

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

oh no, awol for a while and it gets so busy round here! I'll try to come back for some personals later!

For now, sort of mixed feelings. Bummed that I haven't hit the 130s yet, but after a weekend of birthday dinners, take out pizza and a BBQ yesterday I'm pretty relieved to have held 140! yikes, I'm feeling really gross today though, so am planning at least a mile run and some aerobics before I head into work later.

have a good day feathers!

One cheese for every 5lbs gone forever!

Last edited by Leaves : 06-11-2013 at 04:47 AM.
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #38
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/120/128

Height: 5'3"

krampus - You rocked that tiny dress! Gratz on holding on strong to 122; it looks good on you.

Hoopty - How wonderful to be back in Germany - has it been long? Glad the trip over wasn't too stressful. As for my exercise, it comes and goes. I love doing yoga and lifting but I've been laying off the past few months due to a bum shoulder. Think I'm going to just have to work around it as it's probably due to arthritis and not going to totally get better. So lately all I've been doing is brisk walking, between 1 and 2 1/2 miles a day most days. You chicks have stoked my motivation, though, and I think I'll start running again, if my poor feet can take it (arthritis in the toes - yeah, my bod's got a few problems but as long as I can move, I will move!).

Just as I suspected, the scale's been back at 130 - darn those chips anyhow! No worries, I'll see that needle in the 120's again. Saw a doctor yesterday who referred to me as a thin woman - woot!

Hope everyone has a terrific week.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #39

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

I'm down a few pounds from that horrifying wow day a few days ago, lol. I've not been perfect but have consciously been working to to eat less and healthier, even with still going out at lunch. For example, ex wanted to go to a Chinese buffet yesterday. I allowed myself to have a few cups of hot and sour soup, about five-six BITES of bad stuff (like eggroll/pot sticker/etc.) and aside from that I stuck to veggies and fruit.

On the other hand, now my walking/running has slipped a bit, haha, mostly due to time constraints. So no more 10 mile walk/runs, but we get at least about 4 in most days.

@Aidan - you look awesome and fit! Oh, man, a baker roommate! I'd be SO DOOMED.

@Krampus - wow, you are rocking that dress and that weight! lookit you! I think you're right about the enthusiasm for getting to go out all the time is waning a bit now! I'm a lot more in control. My weight has gone down 3 pounds since that horrifying weight a few days ago. Still over what my ticker says but well, I'm not moving it. Nope.

@Turbo -still working on the game factor of the weight loss thing! I was having some fun with it before, I'm still thinking of point values for things, etc. I'm very intrigued by crossfit, but it also intimidates the crap out of me, too!

@Cattails - that must have felt good to be referred to as a thin woman! When I was in the 123-134 range, that was usual for me to be referred to as "tiny". I miss that, haha!

@Hoopty - yay, glad you made it there safely! How great that eating healthy is a lot cheaper!

@batmomm - haha, I do that with the chat every time the month changes! And yes, I'm working on the challenge, but I've gotten distracted with a few other projects, too, so it's moving slowly!

@cattails - I always do best with South Beach/lower carb eating, but damn, then I fall when someone offers me a cupcake I really love, *SIGH* AND I love my evening glass of wine. Which I could totally have and still lose weight if I do everything else right. And I have heard of Arlington Heights, it's up near Chicago area, I think. I'm more in the central part of the state!

Sorry if I forgot anyone, not intentional!
Mini-goal 4 = 133
Mini-goal 5 = 125
Goal for real= 120

olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #40

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Helloooo feathers...
Just checkin' in with you lovely ladies. Sorry for the MIA!!!

Feeling a bit on the down side lately. Ended things with the PhD last Thursday. Sad, but DEFINITELY for the best... Came down to an issue of priorities and ours were just very, very different. SO glad that I know this for myself and can take this with me into other relationships. I'm not really too sad about this particular parting of ways, I don't think, but a "break-up" of any kind is always a challenge.

It's a challenge to keep motivated. Challenge at work. Challenge in extra-curriculars... Challenges everywhere and sometimes I just want to sit down and take a nap. Or eat a tray of something not good for me. I bought fancy new sneakers from a real sneaker store on Saturday (Asics Kayano 19!) hoping that would motivate me to get my rump moving, but so far it's a dud.

I heard via a youtube personality that in times of transition, the most important things are to Eat, Sleep, and Move. So these shall be my new mantras.

Eat, Sleep, Work, Move.
Done.

Last edited by Alexistrophic : 06-11-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #41
I <3 cycling

@Leaves; Exercise is always a good stress-reducer. Sweat out all the bad toxins, shake it off and resume your normal healthy eating asap.

@olehcat; thanks, girl. And yeah, I'm not looking forward to having a baker as a roommate. I'll just be honest and blunt with her and let her know that baked goods in the house are NOT wanted. Meh. ... Can't believe you do 10 mile walks, that's crazy!

---

Check-in: Meal plan today, 1,510 calories. Did 45 minutes of spin plus outdoor biking. Nothing new to report. Same sh!t, different day.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #42

S/C/G: 163/ticker/145

Hello feathers! Well, I told you I would be back, and here I am.

It was a pretty intense situation in my marriage and we came reeeeeeeeeeeealllly close to the big D – but he eventually convinced me to stay and we’re working through the issues and we’ll just leave it at that. Everything isn’t 100% better but we’ll get there with time.

Anyway, due to this stress over the past month I have uncontrolled binges and basically just ate my feelings – so here I am back at 167… yes that’s a + 10 in a MONTH! horrible!!!

I just spent a wonderful week in CA on the beach, regrouping and getting my head back together, and I decided I want to get to my goal of 145. I’ve always had 145 as my goal but never attained it and it’s something I know I can do, but I just need to focus – so technically I’m not really a “featherweight” anymore, but… I am hoping to be so within the next few months.

I joined WW this morning. I’ve decided I need something with structure but nothing that’s too restricted otherwise I’ll binge. I need some accountability, so the weekly weigh in will be helpful, too.

I want to start jogging/running again but it’s been really hot here (it’s 9:15 PM and still 90*!) and I don’t handle heat very well, let alone running in it, so I might just have to stick to walking until the summer is over. I just need to get moving, basically.

I just wanted to say that I’m back and that I’ve refocused and I’m ready to FINALLY get to my goal.

I am glad to see the “regulars” still on here and some new people, hope you’re all doing well!
chahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #43

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Aidan ~ Sometimes "same old" can be a good thing! (lol - it's the "crisis" that make us grateful for that, right)

Chahma ~ Glad you're back, girl! Glad that you're working things out in your marriage. Relationships are HARD WORK! And hey, so you took a month to "process" -- not too bad AT ALL! I'm coming back after about 2 months AWOL, so it's never a bad time to get back in the game. Looks like you join me and Turbo in the 5'8" club. 145 is my GW, too! Crowd power, yo!!!

~~~
Wanted to drop off balloons for my twin friends' birthday this morning. (Like in high school, when you stick a balloon on someone's locker... only for adults). They caught me doing it, but oh well! Thankful that got me up and out of bed. Did a quick 2 miles before work and that feels like a great start to the day!!!

Happy hump, feather friends!!!

Last edited by Alexistrophic : 06-12-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #44

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

Hoopty- Hope you get settled quickly! Let's hit those 130s

Aidan- Looks like a beautiful run, and you look fab! And a baker roomie, that's going to be tough- I'm a sucker for bakery products. argh! Hope you manage to figure out some sort of agreement that means you can maintain your lifestyle, but still get the occasional cake :3

Krampus- oh man, you are so rocking that dress! If I could look half as good as you do when I get to goal then I'd be so happy!

Turbo- When are you moving (or have you moved already?)? I'm so forgetful hope the knee issues were nothing too serious, knee pain is the worst!

Nineteen- Sending vibes of motivation your way!

Cattails- Good luck with getting back to the 120s. And what a compliment from the doctor- yay!

Olehcat- Awesome restraint at the buffet! aah, such tempting places of greasy devilishness.. and woo for the woosh, way to go!

Alexis- ah, sorry to hear about the break up, but I'm glad you're feeling positive about it! good for you for being able to make and cope with such a decision. That's definitely a good mantra!

Chahma- Hi! Don't think we've met Such strength being able to juggle that stressful situation with your marriage as well as weight loss! I'm with you on the heat, it's like it zaps out all my energy- especially with running. Almost feels like trying to breathe in water, eek!

Hope that's everyone, sorry if I missed anybody!

---------

After the major calorie-fest over the weekend, I tried to compensate by eating 1000 calories yesterday and skipping some of the snacks I would usually include. I know I shouldn't go that low too often, but I figured that it would be averaged out by the 2000+ the day before! Managed to get in a 2km run too and am feeling a bit less yucky. Back up to the normal 1200 today and swimming this evening. 139 tomorrow pleeeeease?

One cheese for every 5lbs gone forever!
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #45
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

nineteen : Weekend always make me feel rebellious too Hope you're doing well!

Aidanqm : Yeah, a lot of people do get injured doing Crossfit, but so many people do the moves without the good posture, it is crazy. A friend of my boyfriend posted a video on Facebook of a workout he submitted for the Opens and after watching it, we were ''well. That was a good ZERO correct rep workout.'' I haven't decided of what I want to do yet, but I think I'll just try to incorporate basic Crossfit moves in my training.

Leaves : You probably got some water weight after the weekend. Are you back down a bit?

We haven't moved yet. We are getting the key next Sunday and we'll be officially moving in on the 22th, which will give us a bit of time to carry a few boxes during the week so our friends who are helping us don't hate us the day on the official move

Cattails : It's always fun having a professional telling you you are thin! Good for you!

olehcat : good job kicking those pounds off!! And god, I am intimidated by crossfit too LOL I can't do 80 % of the moves bwahaha

Alexistrophic : Sorry to hear about the breakup, even if parting way seemed inevitable I love your new mantra though. You seem highly motivated!

chahma : Argh, sorry to hear you were going through rough time with your husband!! The +10 probably contain few pounds of water weight though, those will probably be off in no time! I've done WW for almost a year when I started dieting 2 years ago. Like you, I mostly needed structure and it helped me a lot Good luck with that!

Hi! Weight is holding steady in the 132's, which is perfect for me. I had a great run yesterday afternoon, even if I had to literally kicked myself outdoor because it was raining, but it ended up being not as cold as I thought and I hat the path almost all to myself. Ended up doing my 8k with 5 x 800 meters intervals within it and getting a personal record for a 8k F YEAHHH. I think I pulled something in my right quad though, it hurt a bit last night. I'm streching and having a rest day, but I'm relieved that it feels better today.

The think I found my sweet spot with the food log/calories count lately. It feels nice to feel in control. Plus tonight my boyfriend is attending a conference, so I can cook whatever I like that he does not. OHHHH I smell black beans quesedillas YUMM

Have a good day ladies!

TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.