Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:47 AM   #91  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

the weigh-in went well today at work, and i have 10 'victims' signed up, which is heaps really as there's only about 20 of us in the offices!

and my other achievement of the day was running the full length of The Trail
(6.1km) at lunchtime without stopping to walk for the first time, and 4 mins faster than this time last week! Still really slow, but i don't need to talk about that.

so it wasn't my most ever productive day work-wise but quite enjoyable!

olehcat - 3 of the girls weren't too thrilled about everyone knowing their weight either, so i weighed them 'in private' and then set their starting weight to zero, and from now on their weight is recorded as amount of weight lost (obviously i still have to see what the scales say, but no-one else knows - and to be honest, after they'd braced the scales, they weren't as worried about sharing it any more for some reason - although we'll stick with the weight-lost recording)

krampus awww, ducks. i've got a real soft spot for ducks. when i grow up and stop travelling all the time i'd love to have some pet ducks - it's a sort of ambition of mine. Good idea re the motels. Driving whilst tired is totally not on. Or even make sure the driver just pulls over and naps in the car for a bit, can work for a short time.

turbo i reckon you need to find another opinion or another test, just for peace of mind! Sure you'll be fine though!

nineteen great work on the 141

to all those dates-lovers, my sweet treat of the day at the moment is a dried fig after dinner. similar i guess, and unfortunately clocks in about 45calories but i'm using it as my end-of-meal indicator so that i'm not thinking about food again after that. Yum.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #92  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

(((Turbo, Krampus, Ange, nineteen, nova, oleh + anyone else I missed...)))

I've been just kind of dragging my feet in the world of weight loss.

Still checking in here, trying to be accountable.

TOM just appeared and I was dangerously close to off the rails, so that's not feeling great.

Have also decided to just bite the bullet and go to a proper running store to get fitted for shoes, so have to to wait awhile to save up enough coin for that one.

Happy friday eve, all!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Okay, this is going to sound so dumb, but I have come to the conclusion that I am very good at maintaining my weight, but I absolutely SUCK and seem incapable of actual weight loss. This has been the case since well, five years ago, really. I've been struggling to get back to where I felt good (in the 120s where I was about 7 years ago before the upward creep started) but I sure as **** don't want to be in the 140s and there I've been completely stuck for over a year now. That's completely ridiculous and the only person I have to blame is myself.

Yeah, I'm feeling pissy because I weighed in at 146.6 today. Yes, I realize that it's probably water retention because I ate something with a lot of sodium yesterday, but still. My sodium high sure shouldn't be that high either.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that I just don't know how to lose weight. Okay, no. That's not completely true. I know how to lose weight, but I don't know how to do it and have a life at the same time. Or maybe "having a life" is supposed to be something you do only at maintenance? I hear of so many people who have willpowers of steel who are able to eat their very very healthy diets and just not go out much or drink much or do whatever for the months it takes to get the weight down. I don't seem to have that willpower. I am easily swayed by an invitation to go out for drinks or that siren call of Thai noodle takeout after a stressful week at work, etc.

Ugh, this is it. I either need to sh** or get off the pot. I need to stop agonizing and crying over not losing weight and then doing things that obviously sabotage the efforts. Moderation and fun is for maintenance -- or something. I dunno. Still thinking on it. But I need a long term plan for this summer, too, since my ex will be here and he loves to go out to eat. It's not that I can't go or that I have to ruin it for him, I just need a strict plan that I will follow and some leeway for treats. Hmm...need to think on it!

@krampus - baby ducklings! Cute frogs! You look really great in that pic. I think you're really right about settling in and getting to "live life" over being overly lean. *nods* I hope I can be in maintenance at some time in the not so distant future and have the same attitude. I'm mostly recovered but my nose is still dripping and I'm still hacking up a lung occasionally!

@nineteen - good job on weighing in pre-vacation!

@Turbo - I think it's really awesome that you are taking everything into consideration and are reading up and researching and are aware of that mind set where you are not quite sure how to eat normally and how to maintain!

@ange - Go you on the trail run! (I'm still thinking about those snake kits, lol). And as for the fig/dates, to me they do feel like a real dessert, so it's the perfect thing to have right after a meal, for that sweet treat that to me is the "end" of eating for the evening!

@alex - I hear ya, I hear ya! Keep checking in!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #94  

S/C/G: RS:164/130/130

Height: 5'3

krampus- haha, yes. It was definitely a popular name in my birth year, I remember there being three of us in my dance class, and always at least two of us in class at school. Those ducklings are so cute!

nineteen- way to go on the weigh-in!

turbo- hope you're feeling better asap! I know what you mean about increasing your calories seeming huge- I felt like I absolutely stuffed myself at my parents yesterday, but totted it up to just over 2000 calories. Seemed like 5000!

novangel- yes, pics please! I bet they look fab

ange- I've never had a dried fig- are they nice? My gran has a massive fig tree in her garden but I always thought they looked really yucky! haha, guess I shouldn't be judging without trying.

Alex-bleh, hope you're not suffering from TOM too much! Take some time to pamper yourself!

oleh- good luck with working out a plan that works for you. The best way is finding something that is flexible and works for you. and one that lets you have treats!

I'm up a little today, went home to my parents yesterday as we went to the theatre. I seriously cannot believe the amount of food they buy! So as always, I ate too much while I was there, including a pretty big chocolate bar at the theatre. Really hoping to do some exercise today to get back on track, but it's pizza night tonight and there's a party tomorrow. Better get running now and not stop until tomorrow morning!

Last edited by Leaves; 05-17-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #95  
Do you even lift, bro?

S/C/G: 125/109/110

Height: 5'3''

Zomg, you guys, I'm not dead!

I'm sorry to going MIA! I've been crazy busy with work and prepping for my Ragnar Relay (coming up on June 7 & 8). Spending a ton of time outside and very little on the computer. It's been gorgeous biking weather, FINALLY! Finally spring in Wisconsin! I've been hitting the trail with some long rides around the lake to break in the season.

Not much else to report. Wednesday and Saturday morning Farmer's market is finally up and running again. Makes me extremely happy.
Aidanqm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #96  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

novangel : Yes, post a picture of the pants!! Oh and by the way, I love what you said concerning on the A&F petition subject. It's like you took everything that was rambling in my brain and put it into nice words

ange : That is an awesome improvment on your run! Way to go! 4 minutes faster is amazing

Alexis : Sorry to hear you've been feeling a bit down Hope you'll feel better soon!

For running shoes, you could use a little cheat ; you can go try some in a store and take note of the brand and size that fit you best and than order the pair on https://www.33-off.com/ , they have great discount usually.

olehcat : I think I can return to you what you said to me : being aware of you are not quite sure how to lose weight is probably already a big step. I understand you so much about your thoughts on the upcoming summer... Are you still running a bit? Keeping up with the training could help create a deficit without having to cut too much in your food intake?

Leaves : Pizza night sounds like a good night Have fun!

Aidanqm : Hi!!! I love your new picture Are you still in marathon training?

Hi! Weight is doing great and the body seems to react nicely to the calories increase. Working my way on not stressing to much over food ; last night we went out for beers with a friend, we are planning on eating out tonight and we are having people over for dinner tomorrow night for BBQ ribs. As long as it's quality food, it is fine with me, I think.

We are trying a resto we've been wanting to try forever tonight. It's some kind of French/Fusion cuisine but with local products, the chef guy is praised by tons of people. The only thing is that it is more expensive but they have this 20$ menu if you get there after 9PM. Our plan is to go watch Iron Man 3 and than head out there have a late dinner. CAN'T WAIT.

Here's the menu, I have no idea to get, I wanted to have your opinion but they don't have an english page RAGGHHHR. http://www.auguste-restaurant.com/me...u-couche-tard/

Have a good friday ladies!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #97  

Looks yum Turbo, if I weren't a vegetarian, I think the Chinese style pate or the coq au vin look good. I'm a bit freaked out by black pudding, lol.

And the ravioli to start, yum!
Old 05-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #98  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

ange Great work with the run!

alexis I hope you feel better soon! Wise move about the shoes -- good shoes are so important.

olehcat We are in a similar situation! I'm good at maintaining, but extra weight slowly crept up on me, too. I hope you can find the inner fire/determination you need. I know it is so challenging. Hopefully we can cheer each other on!

Leaves Have fun tonight, and I hope you had a great run!

Aidenqm I'm so happy about the good weather, too! This Spring was a really, really slow one...

Turbo I clearly need to brush up on my French! The Poisson frit sounds good to me, though. Let us know how it goes!

I am really happy to report another pound lost! I am down to 140!!! It's a bit surreal. I think it will take some patience on my part to get into the 130's, but it's such a happy thought to be getting back there.

Last edited by nineteen; 05-17-2013 at 02:20 PM.
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #99  

Such a good run! I ran about 2km without stopping which is further than I've ever ran before in one go. On such a high, huge personal record!
Old 05-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #100  
Maintainer

Leaves That is amazing!!! I could only dream of doing that. Congrats!!
Old 05-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #101  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

nineteen ~ Hurray for the downward progression! Well done, you!

Leaves ~ I like your idea for some pampering. That might definitely be in order. And excellent job on the 2k run without stopping!

Turbo ~ Thanks for the sneak cheat website> :thup: If/when I actually get up the nerve to go to the store, I'll probably buy whatever pair they recommend for me (planning on at least $100...yikes!) but then buy any subsequent pairs online, once I know what brand is best for me. I think it'll help to have that professional evaluation to help me know what to look for in a running shoe, plus if I actually go there and take up their time and expertise, I'd feel like a jerk if I didn't buy the shoe there.

Krampus ~ Pics are soooo cuuute (and delicious)!!!!

AidanQ ~ Hi there! Good to see you back.

Oleh ~ I hear you on ALL of that girl... I feel like it's a situation of JUST DO SOMETHING ALREADY!! I want to scream at myself...

~~~
Planning on a marathon session of Game of Thrones season 3 tonight w. my bestie. I'm excited to check out Mance Rayder, played by one of my favorite actors of all time: Mr. Ciaran Hinds. Yay!!!
(actually the whole reason my stupid friend suckered me into watching the show to begin with....)

Then planning on baby-sitting on Saturday for a family I used to sit for ages ago. Possibly marathon part two (depending on how far we get tonight) then meeting up with Mr. PhD for a street fair on Sunday.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #102  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexistrophic View Post

Turbo ~ Thanks for the sneak cheat website> :thup: If/when I actually get up the nerve to go to the store, I'll probably buy whatever pair they recommend for me (planning on at least $100...yikes!) but then buy any subsequent pairs online, once I know what brand is best for me. I think it'll help to have that professional evaluation to help me know what to look for in a running shoe, plus if I actually go there and take up their time and expertise, I'd feel like a jerk if I didn't buy the shoe there.
I get your feeling, about feeling not nice of getting their expertise but not buying there LOL This plan was actually the initial plan of my boyfriend, who loathes spending big amount of money. He was all ''I'm so going to do that to save money!'' but when the time came, he actually got his pair at the store too :P Personally I'm a bad actor, I could never fake ''meeeh no I'm not sure about the shoes'' if they do fit.

Have fun with you GoT marathon! Is the whole season out there yet? And Mance Rayder is cool, but I so don't get the guy at the same time. Ahh, wildlings :P
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #103  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

it's weekend!!! yippee!! beautiful weather again here and just back in from a run with the dog. Breakfast and 3FC time now - perfect start to the day.

leaves -you really made me excited for you when you said you're on a high after 2km non-stop! Congratulations!!! It's a fantastic feeling to clock up a personal best and there's no stopping you now! If you can do 2km you can do anything you want going forward. And what? Your gran has a fig tree but you've never had the figs??!?! I like dried figs, but fresh figs are heaven-on-a-tree! Try them....

olehcat great post. totally totally understand and i've been there too, thinking that i was losing weight for years but in reality standing still! Exactly the same reasons as you, just too much 'normal life' getting in the way. A couple of years ago i broke out of that and had my best weight-loss effort, and it was by doing the obvious - just being more strict 95% of the time. But the difference was my head space. For some reason that i can't readily tap in to, i was motivated to do it, and i actually enjoyed it and i didn't feel deprived, and perhaps most importantly i had a long range view and considered one month at a time - so if i lost 1lb over a month i was happy, and kept repeating. So basically i totally understand, and i also know it's possible to change and still enjoy your life (a lot) but i don't know how to force your head to get there mentally (when i figure it out i'll write a book and become rich and retire.......)

nineteen another lb?? you're going gang-busters! Great work.

Alex i watched the first season of GoT on a long haul flight somewhere and then decided to read the books. Pheww, that was long-haul for sure. Dull going after about the 3rd. Why does he like dumping the most interesting characters and focusing on some other trivialities?? Hope he gets back to the good stories for the next book, whenever that's out....

turbo mmmmm. foooood. report back on what you picked at the French place. Actually 4 mins faster on my run isn't good at all really because that was the first time i was able to run it all, so the week before i stopped for a couple of walk-intervals. There's still plenty of room for improvement believe me! Happy that i can run 6km at least now anyway. It's something to work with.

aid hello! I'm new here (second time around) so we haven't met! Ragnar Relay? What's that?

Not got much to say for myself. Hubby and i had a 'date night' last night and went to the pub for a couple of wines and some greek food, which is part of my allowable 'off plan' part of The Plan. Good times. This afternoon we're off to a friends house-warming party where loads of our friends will be, but i've nominated myself for driving duties, and since it's an afternoon do i'm planning on a zero calorie event (will take some soda water and cut bits of lemon but keep off the food which will be nibbles all day so i'm sure no-one will notice or care). I had a mini-woosh yesterday and dropped 1lb, but was up again this morning (after the night out!). It all makes sense and overall i'm dropping very slowly but steadily!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #104  
Maintainer

Holding steady at 140 lbs.

Hope everyone's having a relaxing Sunday.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #105  
吃多一点,吃少一点

S/C/G: >29" / 25.5" / <=25"

Just checkin' in real quick! My waist has been steadily at 26" for about 5 days, now, so I'm gonna go ahead and move my ticker! I know it's just 1/4", but when you're looking to lose just those tone-up/vanity pounds, a whole inch is a helluva lot!

I only logged 22.2 miles last week, since I wanted to take it easy with getting myself back into the swing of my usual running schedule. If I'm not too heinously lazy today -- and I'd *better* not be! -- I'm gonna do a 14+'er. I like to end my long runs at the grocery store, so that I can treat myself to some shopping as a reward for my efforts :P
xiaobaicai is offline   Reply With Quote