Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #61  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Argh, all these out of town people in my organization are visiting which = meals out. I have made somewhat sensible choices...had a chef salad with TONS of meat and cheese on it last night, and today for lunch despite packing my own I got coerced into going out to eat on the company card. I got the ahi tuna appetizer as my main. Didn't realize it would involve so many peanut noodles, but oh well, it was tasty! I have my gym clothes packed and might opt to run outside if I feel up to it, and if I don't feel up to it I'll still go to the gym.

Was 128.8 this morning...I think my stomach is shrinking back down to normal. Hopefully the bloat will go away over the course of the week.

TurboMammoth Hmm, usually if I go a long time without running I have a REALLY GOOD run. Don't let that tough 5K discourage you from marathon training! There is plenty of time left.

ChickieChicks I'm so sorry that exercise seems to be triggering the migraines. That's so stressful and I know from experience that being unable to exercise often leads to eating my feelings and binging - you seem to be handling it in stride. Hope you feel better soon!

CherryPie A range of 119-121 sounds great. I know what you mean about free food. It's as if the fact that it's there WILLS you to eat it. You'll do great, congrats on your great run time!

crazygurl61 You ALWAYS have your period. Is that normal?!

fresh15again Sorry to hear about your rough time with the 10K. It really sucks balancing eating at a deficit with fueling properly for workouts, especially with lowish carb.

JossFit Nice to see you're back on track! I am going to the gym after work today. No more of this "I can only work out for 20 minutes because I didn't get to the gym in time before work" business for this Feather.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #62  

Height: 5'4

Crazygurl - Welcome to the bloat bandwagon! LOL I'm trying to get off of it, and it seems the other ladies are having some luck. I hope you are too!

Fresh15again - yeah, I only get to see my hubby every 5-6 weeks on average so I always want to look my best! Lots of going out to do fun things, taking pictures and nekkid time... haha
I'm sorry your run wasn't great, but I bet after a good carb-up you'll kill the next one.
What was it you were wondering about your upper body training?

Chickie - Actually none of the stuff I picked up is new to me; I just restocked my quinoa flakes (I like the instant stuff so that I can use it in place of my oatmeal and cook it quickly in the mornings), my Sea Snax, dark chocolate and I got some whole quinoa as well.
This weekend I'm going to cook up a batch of it and I'm going to make a couple of recipes I found today for salad dressings! I can't find any natural ones around here that are also low in calories, but I found some really great looking recipes for creamy caesar and green goddess dressing that I can't wait to try. I've never made my own dressing before!
So far being married feels the same... haha. It will be different when we're actually living together. I decided to separate and move to Colorado Springs to be with him next year. He's Army Special Forces (Green Beret) and I'm Air Force Intelligence, so the chances of us getting to be stationed at the same place even with Joint Spouse are slim... and if I did get orders out there the only assignments they have are awful. I love my job now, so I guess I would be ending my career on a high note.
My plan is to use my Post-911 GI Bill and go back to school full time, and then get into personal training and coaching.

CherryPie - Way to rock that run lady! Whoot! Good luck with the Potluck... I never really seem to have trouble turning down free food BUT, I end up eating like crap on my own! Thats totally what I did this weekend... so stupid.

Turbo - My husband said that our cat was being a turd-face ever since he got back from our honeymoon. He kept pooping on the carpet! Now he's chilled out, but my hubs was about a millisecond away from getting rid of him. I would have been upset, but I told him I understood. The very next day the cat stopped. Weird aren't they?
I'm glad your weight is stablizing again... hopefully all of us bloated feathers will be right as rain in a week or so!

Krampus - Yeah, back on plan and then some! I actually never am off plan for long. I can do about 2 days MAX out of the gym and eating like crap before I'm scratching at the gym door and begging for a salad. It's definitely a good thing! I just can't imagine not going back to my clean lifestyle.
It seems like you're just extra motivated now, which is kind of where I am. I plan to spend the rest of August super on point and really making some strides, not just going through the motions. I want to kick my own ***.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I got the offer to go to Denver for a week for some training, so I took it! I will be seeing my hubby like a week and a half before that, but if I can see him a bit more I'll jump at the chance right? He lives about an hour and a half away from there, but he might take a day off of work and see me the last night I'm in town... we'll figure it out.
If nothing else it gets me out of my office, out of my uniform and I end up making a bit of extra money.
The crappy part is eating out of a hotel room (especially now that I'm going as natural as possible) and finding a good gym to workout at!

I have been out there before and managed to do fine with the eating but I was on crutches at the time and couldn't workout anyway. I guess I'll have to get online tomorrow and see what's available in the area. Most gyms have day passes you can purchase I think.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #63  
ion
go go go!

Height: 5'2"

hey... maybe this is the place for me? i'm so new, i have no idea, haha. i'm at ~135 (gained 5 lbs from bingeing recently) but i'm pretty short so it definitely all shows. i guess my goal for the end of august is to get back down to 132 at least!

edit: i forgot to mention i'm trying to stick to 1200-1400 calories with 60 minutes of walking daily. i have really no idea how this will work for me in the long run yet (struggling with binge episodes); does anyone know if this is healthy?

Last edited by ion; 08-07-2012 at 07:47 PM.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #64  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Joss- woo boo for training so near your hubby! Score! Does the hotel have a mini fridge and microwave? A lot do. As for leaving the AF, I can totally see you being an awesome trainer and nutritional coach. The GI Bill rocks. My hubby is Navy EOD, going to university full time in a special program to get his bachelors and a commission when he graduated next year. Spec ops and special forces are gone so much, it has been a priceless gift to have him home for the past three years!

So.....hold your breath....I WORKED OUT! Yes, yes I did. I wasn't planning on it, that's for sure. Felt crappy this morning, and tonight was hubby's last day of summer class, and I had to take both boys for my oldest's cardiology appointment. My four year old is trying to get a gold medal for being a jerk, so that was no fun. And my son got sent home with a 48-hour monitor, which kind fo threw a wrench on our plans. Anyhow, made it home and my FAVE Zumba instructor inquired how I was doing. She gets bad migraines, too, and still manages to teach! And she is hard core....so intense I often feel like I am going to throw up. She's amazing. She asked me to come, and we could get each other through it. So I went and made it through the whole class. At this point, any cardio is rough on me, so I was beyond stoked to go hard for sixty minutes. I've had to leave most classes early this summer, which sucks. I have a killer headache, but it was worth it. Dancing is my "thing" and it just makes me so incredibly happy. :-)

Welcome, Ion!

Last edited by ChickieChicks; 08-07-2012 at 10:03 PM.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Good morning feathers and Happy Hump Day!

Well, the potluck last night was not great, but was not a complete disaster. I ate really good foods, like chicken, salad and fruit. The problem is I ate a LOT of these good foods - especially the fruit.

Today is a new day, back to smart choices. I usually go out to lunch with a friend on Wednesdays, but she is unavailable today, so I packed a salad and will work out during lunch instead. I know it doesn't undo the damage, but it certainly can't hurt!

Getting prepared for going camping and hiking one of the Adirondack High Peaks this weekend - can't wait!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #66  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

krampus : great job on hitting the gym/or the run! good luck on your multiple eating out this week. I've been eating out so much during the vacations that I feel almost sick at the thought of restaurent food, blaaah

jossfit : don't let your husband get rid of the cat! poor kitty showing in a weird way he missed him lol! your denver formation is awesome! anything to get to see the hubby more often is probably amazing!

ion : welcome ion! 1200-1400 calories is probably cool for you height, just try and you'll see if you feel fine about it!

Chickie : I'm so glad for you you were able to work out! that was probably such a releived! I'm always impressed at people who are able to follow any zumba instructor. it just goes soooo faaaaaast

Cherrypie : put the pot luck behind you and focus on the next day, great attitude! What mountains are you planning to hike?

I was down to 139,4 this morning, so it's not in the 140 anymore, so H*LL FREACKING YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I wanted to go for a bike ride this morning but I was so tired, it just did not happen. I'm planning to run tomorrow before the crappy raining days hit us on friday.

I had a veggies/hummus wrap for lunch, with green salad, grapes, an apple and a 35 calories yogourt. We are having salmon, veggies and a salad. It's good to have the boyfriend with me on this, he's even the one who said this morning ''we should eat something with a salad tonight, we ate rice last night''. I think he really want to get rid of the bloating too
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #67  

Heyyy, I'm new here my goals for this month are to lose 3-5 pounds, and get my bench press up to 60 lbs. I feel like I've been stuck at 55 lbs forever. If I could get it to 65 lbs I'd be super happy.
odalisque0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

August goals? Glad this thread is here because ---

Fam reunion, lots of company, just trying to maintain. So far so good, but don't think the scale has caught up to all the extra cooking/goodies, etc. not to mention no opportunity to sneak out to the gym.

Hanging in there.
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #69  

Mountain mama- those goals are realistic and attainable! you can do it! =)
odalisque0-at first I thought you were talking about a weight in the 60s and I was like whhhha? haha
turbomammoth - Wow I didn't even know that 35 cal yogurt existed! congrats on getting below 140!
cherrypie99-good for you for getting back on track! the next day is always the hardest
chickiechicks-just the fact that you even have a fave instructor is admirable - you are so dedicated to fitness! looks like you are making great progress =)
ion-it depends on what those cals are comprised of and how you feel - can you maintain your activity level and energy levels with that diet? anyways, getting down to 132 sounds like a good realistic goal!
krampus-peanut noodles ohhhh man. peanut anything! nomnom
jossfit - wow sounds like you are well prepared!! maybe ull even find a free trial. Denver is prob gonna be lots of fun!

Hey all, not much that I can say at this moment - just having that irritating feeling of so much to do, but so overwhelmed its hard to start. STILL have the 2 lbs of water weight unless I'm inhaling 7000 excess cals in my sleep, maybe its due to stress, maybe its due to fat cells just holding onto water. I skipped working out today...I feel restless and just...not great - some big changes might occur and I'm pretty much a routine kind of person. Again, I'll def talk more about it later! <333
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #70  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Hey guys, I'm glad to see everyone is still chatting! I'll have to catch up when I have more time .

Well, all my stuff is on a shipping container and on it's way over the Pacific. The last 2 days have been nervewracking and exhausting. So glad that's over! My scale is gone... so I might have to take a break from weighing and hope for the best. Still sticking to my plan, though! I've had pizza and donuts (for the movers) in my face the last couple days. I'm amazed that I didn't crack.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #71  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

valrock Way to go not cracking! I ran into a bag of mini doughnuts at the weekend and ehhhh 'crack' isn't the right word exactly. I burst open and absorbed them. Or something like that. Glad all the crazy packing stuff is over, are you excited?

pixelllate Hope you're doing ok! The water weight must just be stress but I'm sure you'd cyber punch if if I said just relax let us know anyway and take care.

mountainmamma Keep hanging! Sometimes the scale is our friend.. sometimes.

odalisque0 Welcome! When I first saw your post I thought you meant that you weighed 55lbs haha, woops.

turbo heyyy!! Welcome back lady. 139 ain't too bad at all, and I hope you had fun. Also I laughed at your cat.. they're all like that eh, good thing they're all cute and soft too.

cherrypie First time I saw somebody say happy hump day I thought of something completely different.. um, hump means something different over here Hiking sounds amazing!

chickiechicks Way to go on working out! Hope your son's ok too, sounds like you have a lot going on.

ion Welcome!

Joss That's awesome! Happy you'll get to see your hubby some more.. it sounds like a good deal all the way. I hope you can find some good, clean food out there. I really admire your dedication to working out too, it's inspiring.

krampus your post is making me hungry.. I was like 'mm meat and cheese, mmm peanut noodles'. Good luck with the bloat!

-----
Holy crap this place got busy! Well I was 144 this morning so that's the lowest so far, I'm hoping to be 143 tomorrow as I am kicking *** this week. And I'm still dropping some water weight. I can't believe I'm so close to my goal. I chose 140 because it's the lowest weight I ever saw as an adult. Well I saw it as 10 stone around and it was brief. I had only weighed myself then as a curiosity and I don't think I stayed that low for very long. I know I'm going to be going lower than 140 but I can't believe I'm actually this close. It feels good.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #72  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hi Everyone!!!

Krampus- I seriously know it does seem like I am always on my period. That's because I get it like clockwork every 28 days and it lasts for 6-7 days, so one week of the month there it is. Sucks!! I see my doctor regularly and it just seems like I get the crappy end of the stick in this one. By the way, congrats on staying in the 120s. It's hard eating out. Ordering appetizers as a meal is one thing I do, that way if I want a cocktail or a bite of dessert I don't feel horrible about it.

Val-Wow donuts and pizza two of my weaknesses! Good luck with all the moving.

Pixelhope all is ok. I'm sure the water weight will come off soon!

Mountain family reunions make me nuts- glad you are doing well!

Odal welcome!

Turbo looks like we are both running away from the 140s

Cherry great job getting back on track

Chickie yay on the Workout!!

Ion hi! Welcome

Joss well I am holding at 140.6 since its TOM, hopefully drop off after. When I travel I bring fruit and protein bards, helps a little :-)
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #73  
ion
go go go!

Height: 5'2"

thanks everyone!

pixelllate, i'm hoping that staying around 1200-1400 for a few weeks will shrink my stomach down to a normal size. i definitely overeat, and eat when i'm not hungry, just to feel the pleasure of it, so when i restrict my calories like this i'm always hungry at the end of the day.

so! i will go for foods that will make me feel full. fiber, protein, and plenty of water, i suppose. i've never gone through a straight week sticking to it, though, so i can't really know until i try!
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #74  

Height: 5'4

Ion - Welcome to the chat!

Crazygurl - I always pack up stuff to take with me as well. We've already booked our flights and hotel, and I made sure to pick one that had a kitchen in each room! It makes it much easier to just get here and hit a grocery store and get food to cook for the week.

Leila - Well you know what they say.... it's a lifestyle! It really only takes a bit of preparation and the rest is easy. Congrats on the weight too... I bet it feels great to be so close!

ValRock - Ugh, that stuff can be so hard on your lifestyle... good on you for keeping your diet in order and saying no to the crap food! Now lets just hope all your things arrive safely.

Pixelllate - Meh, it's just training... but it will get me out of my office for a week. I hate having to find a new gym and having to cook in a hotel room, but I do what I must! At least I can see the hubbs a bit.
I hope whatever is getting to you works itself out soon.

Mountain Mama - Keep hanging in there! We've got a pretty great group of gals in here if you need a kick in the *** or a hug.

Turbo - LOL I don't want him to get rid of the kitty, and he really doesn't either! He just will NOT stand for the cat to be shitting all over the house though, and I don't blame him. Its so weird because he's never done that before. He must have really been upset!
Glad you're out of the 140s! I am not sure where I am right now. I weighed 116 on Saturday morning... but that was before I spent all saturday and sunday eating my face off.

Hmm, do I weigh in this week or skip it? I don't know if I want to deal with another gain staring me in the face.

CherryPie - You did really well... it could have been SOOO much worse than overeating on fruit, and you got right back OP! Your hike this weekend sounds like a blast too, so I'm sure that will help burn some fruit calories.

Chickie - Yep, I made sure to book a hotel with a kitchen and a decent fitness center. Thank goodness for Government travel funds! haha
I can totally relate; I'm spec ops and my hubs is a Green Beret so between living in separate states AND deployments/TDYs it's hard!
I'm impressed that you like Zumba so much. I suck at it! I have some of the DVDs and do them at home when I can't get to the gym or don't have time to finish my cardio and I'm flopping around like a dork with no rhythm! LOL I just do whatever and I know it's buring calories so thats the important thing. I would just never do it in public... haha. I'll stick with my weights and crossfit!

Whoo, busy in here today! I furthered my natural eating today by making my own salad dressing from scratch! I made a light caesar dressing with Greek yogurt as the base, and I even put anchovies in it and everything! LOL I know it's dorky, but I was really proud of myself.
I often eat these pre-packaged caesar salads and they aren't bad calorie-wise, but the dressing is full of crap. They're sooo tasty and I know my dressing doesn't taste as good, but I figure with a good bit of parmesan, some fresh veggies and some shredded chicken breast it might do.

Aside from that, pretty good workouts today. I did my weights at the gym and then went to CrossFit. Today's WOD was 5 rounds; 21 plyo pushups, 25 squats, 15 dumbbell shoulder presses, 25 squats, 9 kettlebell swings, 25 squats and then 5 dirtbag pullups. It doesn't sound bad but it sucked! I did it in 20 minutes... pretty good time.

Here's my dressing!

JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Can I first say that you guys are awesome - wish I had joined this chat earlier!

I did 2 workouts today - P90X Core Synergistics at lunch, then came home and worked legs for 45 minutes. Dinner was a new recipe - zucchini casserole with zucchini from our garden. Turned out awesomely delish!

We're camping out andthen hiking Cascade Mountain - it's one of the high peaks of the Adirondack Mountains. We'll be taking our 2 Boxers - I 'm excited!!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote