Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:25 PM   #31  
Absolutely Fabulous

S/C/G: 150/132.2/<120

Height: 5'6

Wow, it sure is busy in here. I still have to get used to it

Jossfit, thank you! Hope your leg heals soon, but you look like a "tough chick" so I have no doubts about that. Anyway, talking about needing a nurse: I sprained my ankle in the gym the day before yesterday. And I wasn't even exercising when it happened. Talking about bad karma! On the other hand, I went off plan today with a (diet) pizza (I know, not the healthiest choice) but I didn't overeat and I respected my calorie limit. So I'm happy about that. Step by step, day by day

Aaaaaaand it's finally weekend . I usually don't make the best food choices in the weekend, but I'm determined to do so this weekend. I might go to an international market with all kinds of food to taste from, but I'm a bit scared that I will indulge ... so not sure whether I want to go. But then again, it sounds a bit crazy to say no to quality time with my friends because of this ... vicious circle, I'm telling ya! Anyway, be strong, stay strong and that's just what I'm going to do ... hopefully Wishing you all the same strength!!

Last edited by Miley; 08-03-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Miley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #32  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

JessicaB- I hold water weight easily, too. Curse of being a woman, I suppose. Slat doesn't do it to me and much as salty carbs. I can eat edamame with salt by the bucket, but salty crackers do me in. :-( I'm sorry your hubby can't fly anymore. Great of course that you met, lol, but I can imagine that for those guy with specialized skills, it can be hard at times not doing something cool like that again! My husband is Navy bomb disposal, and right now he is sort of like a civilian goin to college for his bachelors. Still in, but not doing his field. He is going INSANE.

Krampus- have fun camping! I used to love it! Nw I feel old, because just the thought of it makes me think of needing a body pillow, ear plugs, blowup mattress, extremely close potty, etc, etc, etc. I can rough it for about an hour or two. ;-)

joss- yuck. And yet cool. I'm one of those freaky people who likes wounds. I've always found medical stuff so fascinating. Thanks for the confidence that my body isn't becoming total banana pudding while I sit here and state at the wall. Lol I always felt like I "put on muscle easily", but after reading a lot on here, that probably isn't true. I don't lift weights, mostly cardio, but I have really good tone I think. Is it body fat percentage?

I had to get up ridiculous early to get an MRI this morning. Blah. That stupid machine is awful, especially for someone dealing with unexplainable migraines. Yikes. So today sucks. Bad headache and nauseated. Also the first day my crazy med train this summer, so hat could definitely be a part of it. This experience has made me so paranoid about doctors pushing medications, and really starting to look into more holistic approaches.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #33  

Height: 5'4

Well for those of you who wanted to see, here it is.

*For those who don't, sorry! Look away!

JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:05 AM   #34  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

It's too busy! I can't keep up.

I am finally back at 133 again. That's where I left off the last time, and it's good to feel like any weight I drop now is 'real' weight. Given that I just dropped 3lbs of waterweight/junk food weight in 4 days.

In kg I'm at 60.4 and I really wanna get below the 60 badly and then never go over 60. So here goes!!
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #35  

Krampus - thanks Chica, I'm sure I'll be right as rain soon. I'm off to the gym here in a few, and I'll probably stick to mostly upper body and maybe incorporate a bit of light leg work and a few minutes on the elliptical just to test the waters. I don't have any grand delusions about hitting any PRs or having any incredible workouts this week... just going to do my best to eat well and maintain.
Hope you're having fun at the beach!

Miley - Goodness, I hope your ankle is feeling better! I'm sure you can probably make some good choices this weekends with your friends. I know that it's easy for me to sit here and say "You can't miss out on social situations because of your dietary restrictions... blah blah blah" but the truth is that I do it too... it's hard! I'm sure that you'll find a solution that works for you, and if you do go a bit overboard on the treats at least we all know that one day/meal/afternoon won't kill you. As long as you get back on track you should be just fine.

Chickie - It is absolutely about bodyfat percentage! If you don't mind me asking (and ignore me if you do) what has been going on lately that had you so sick? Are you on the mend now or still working through it?

Philana - It's amazing how much water our bodies can hold... the fact that that water is not only heavy but takes up space makes it hard to distinguish it from fat. Water weight after being a bit too indulgent has definitely tightened up my pants a time or two, so it feels so "real"! I'm glad you got it off and are happy about where you are now. Just gotta keep on going!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so... weekly WI today and I'm down 2.8lbs from this time last week, confirming my suspicions that I was still holding some water from my vacation. I'm at 116 pounds even now, so that's good enough for me! It's not as low as I was right before the wedding, but that's perfect... I didn't mean to get that light and I wasn't comfortable with it.

I think now is a good time to start focusing on slowly building more muscle mass instead of just maintaining. After all, since I'm limited in my workouts and can't get really intense for the next week or two it seems like a good plan.

I have a wedding ceremony to go to this afternoon but I'm actually going to skip the reception. I don't feel like dealing with the cocktails and such today!
Old 08-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #36  

Hey all, I've been going through a lot but I can't talk about it right now (will later and will explain why later!) But I did get a haircut and I have 3 lbs of bloat to "lose" well it'd better be bloat!

Jossfit-WOOOTT! Thats a big woosh =) Cocktail food tends to be "ehhh" anyways. Fair food is much more worth the cals lol!
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #37  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Joss- I'm surprised they didn't stitch that up...even just one stitch! 116 is awesome. Glad the weight was just water. I fluctuate a lot, so I don't even weight myself everyday anymore.
As per my fuzzy brain: At the beginning of June I got a migraine that lasted thirteen days. Horrific. I've had headache and migraine problems my whole life, but the worst would be a two or three day **** fest, nothing like what was starting. I went ot my doc and they switched my migraine meds, which weren't working anyway, so what the heck. The new ones didn't work, and the headache just wouldn't go away. Kept going to the doc, new meds, started physical therapy for my neck tension from an old injury which could be related. I even spent six Fridays in a row at the dentist getting fitted for a night guard to see if jaw clenching might be the problem. Nothing was relieving the headache, not even narcotic pain medicine or muscle relaxers. It was freaky and eventually they had me on so much crap that I was a walking train wreck. Well, barely walking. I stay home with my kids, and I had to finally send them to daycare basically, because I couldn't function enough to entertain them, and after two months of watching TV, they were going crzy. I sent them to a summer camp, so they could at least get some attention and do all the fun things I would normally have done. I couldn't breathe, slept almost all day, crazy stuff, especially for someone at the peak of my personal fitness two months ago! So I finally just stopped all the meds and said to heck with it. I can't be worse off than I was before! Sheesh. So now, I am off the meds, no headache and no fog. :-) but I started AF this morning, lol. One more week, just gotta make it one more week!

Philana- I have my set number, too, and it really helps me when I see that number creeping up toward my danger zone. Yea for 133!

Pixellate- I like that style on you. I've seena picture of you Ina another thread, and the layers frame your face well.

Before my mad cramps attacked, I made it to the mall with my little guys to return a few things and finish up their school shopping. They got their first pair of light up shoes, and I survived. ;-) not a fan at all, but I've held out this long, and they actually had a pair at Stride Rite that weren't horribly gaudy. I can't bring myself to buy character clothing at all. Just can't do it! My guys are almost 5 and 7, but so far I've been able to steer them pretty easily. ;-)
I've been waiting all summer to make a return to LOFT. I seriously barely left my house since I felt so crappy, and I had pairs of shorts to exchange. Well now it is almost fall, so I just got next season stuff instead. It felt so good to do something so normal like shopping, even if I had two hooligans with me.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 146/127.9/120

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone,
Crazy week at work so I haven't posted at all. I feel like I have so much to say! Lots of new folks I haven't met - I don't even know where to start catching up! Hello I guess, haha.

Well, I've mostly survived my week alone (or half alone) since my husband was at the tennis tournament. I got up and did a few 6am yoga classes and some DVDs too since I couldn't do anything in the evenings.

A little work to do this weekend but then we're off to the beach on Monday until Saturday. I'm actually not dreading it that much - I was really freaked out about food at the beach at week or so ago. Too many temptations. But I was at a birthday party today for a 3 year old and didn't even want a cupcake. yay! I did indulge in a slice of pizza though. I've been holding steady around 130/129 for the past week and hope to just maintain that next week at the beach. Then get strictly back on plan when we're home.

The biggest news though is that I bought a BIKINI. I seriously don't know when I last wore one. I think it's super cute, although my stomach is so pale - I need to slather it with sunscreen. My 5 year old told me 'that it wasn't enough bathing suit.' haha. Unfortunately he also told me my tummy was 'crinkly' yeah, that's thanks to you being 9lbs at birth kiddo! Anyway, I just want to THANK each and every one of you because you helped me get into that bikini. I still have a bit more to lose, but I have NEVER been as successful and stayed on plan with previous diets. I credit that to finding this forum and all of you wonderful ladies! You keep me accountable and lift me up when I need it. So, THANK YOU!

I may post Monday but if not I'll talk to everyone in another week!

ChickieChicks - ouch, hope things are smoothing out with your migraines. I only get them occasionally but they knock me out. I've got to crawl into bed, no lights, no sounds, etc. They're just awful. I feel for anyone who has them a lot.

pixelllate - Hope you're doing ok! (((hugs)))

JossFit - ouchie. I hope you are healing up ok.

philana - congrats!

Miley - Do you track your eating/log calories? That helps me stay on track on the weekends. I usually also know when I'll indulge, so I'll eat say, a lighter breakfast if I know I'm going out for dinner. Good luck!

krampus - Have fun at the beach and sorry about the arrival of AF! She always has poor timing!

Sarahlynn - Good to see you in this thread. I know from the other thread you were nursing. How old is your baby and did he/she slow down/cut back at all? When I was nursing around the 6 month mark with the introduction to solids my son nursed less, and I think your metabolism slows a bit because of that. Good luck!

crazygurl61 - Good luck on your 3-2-1 plan!
DottieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 186/186/120

Height: 5'2"

JossFit I hope you see a 2 lb drop for your weekly WI. Good for you for doing a but if an upper body workout. That takes a lot of dedication! I hope the biopsy results are healthy.

ValRock I would love to go to Hawaii let alone move there. That is great.

CherryPie99 I think at this point it sort of becomes less about the number and more about being toned and feeling like you look good in clothes ect. I would not worry yourself with whether to lose any more lbs and how it would look and more look at toning up any parts you are still not full satisfied with.

Krampus I remember being on here when you were going through the 30's you have inspired me quite a bit when I came back here after my daughter's birth and saw that you had in fact reached your goal. So many people that were around when I first joined are either still fighting the same lbs I was two years ago or are not active anymore.

I think I have hit a lul mainly because my daughter started solids so I am not needing to breast feed her as much. I need to adjust my caloric intake to compensate for less calories out for that. I also may be eating a but too much ice cream and other kiddo friendly treats with school out. I think I need to start working out instead of counting on breastfeeding as my excercise but really doubt I will have time until the little Miss figures out that night is for sleeping and that cat naps are not cool.
Sarahlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #40  

So, I suck.

I was totally in "eat my face off" mode yesterday, and I did end up eating way too much yesterday. I don't know what my reasoning for it was, but sometimes I just get into that mode where I don't care. Maybe I was missing my hubby or I was justifying it because I had such a good WI (even though that number shouldn't matter).

Today I am sitting here debating whether I want to go to the gym or whether it's time for a rest day. I just feel blah... no energy.

Anyway, my husband has decided that he wants to try Paleo or Primal. He isn't trying to lose weight, but he's big into CrossFit and is on a specific training program right now. He just likes the idea of cutting all the processed stuff in order to maximize how he feels and his performance in his training program.
Even though I don't eat a lot of processed foods, I like the idea of cutting them down even further so I think I'll start next week. I've got a few things I eat now that I plan to cut out or cut down on dramatically;
- Light whole wheat bread
- Laughing Cow cheese wedges
- Jello pudding mix (I'll use it once or twice a week)
- Fiber One 80 Calorie cereal
- Fat Free Cheeses (cheese isn't supposed to be fat free...)
- Rice Cakes (I eat them post workout sometimes)
- Mini Marshmallows (I add them to some of my more creative recipes)
- Any flavored oatmeal (even if it's low sugar)

I will keep some things processed (Light my La Tortilla Factory tortillas) but not use them super often. Again, I'm not doing Paleo... keeping my cottage cheese, Truvia, Greek Yogurt, Arctic Zero, oatmeal, quinoa... and things like that, but I like the idea of maximizing my nutrition/calories and putting as much REAL food into my body as I can.

I've even decided that when I have cheats/treats/etc. that I'm not going to have processed foods; goodies have to be homemade or from a non-chain establishment and as close to natural as possible.

With the wedding over now, I think I'm back in that place where I need some sort of external goal/motivation to keep me pushing forward.

Now I know I may not be able to sustain this ALL the time, but like anything else, I just plan to do my best and take it a day at a time. I don't want to toss out groceries, but I kind of want to start this today... Anything shelf stable (like flavored oats, unopened packages) will just get bagged up and stuffed in the back of the pantry.

Anyway, I'm rambling now... gym avoidance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SarahLynn - I actually saw a 2.8 pound drop, putting me right back where I wanted to be. The plan for this week is just to maintain that - especially after yesterday's food fest and my limited ability to workout.
The breastfeeding burns about 300 calories a day, doesn't it? I would definitely make an adjustment for that and see where that takes you.

Dottie - Good to "see" you! That is so exciting about the bikini! I'm pale as heck and you know what, I rock it... own that! Make sure to wear plenty of sunscreen and have a blast at the beach. A few indulgences are just fine and I know you can be back OP with no problems.

Chickie - Yeah, I was hoping for a stitch too! LOL I felt so pathetic yesterday in the shower; it was the first time I got to take a full shower since they did the procedure, and trying to wash it gently was killer. I was in the shower making these gutteral half screaming half crying noises that were just not cool. I'm glad my roommate wasn't home!
I'm so sorry you've been struggling with those migraines for so long. Eeek! You'll have to keep me posted on the progress, but it sounds like you're on the mend now.

Okay Feathers - wish me luck today. I'm dealing with the post-indulgence day cravings and the "I'm starting a new diet/program so I'll eat whatever I want to today" demons.

EDIT: Ok, I've decided to say F it... no more overly-processed/unnatural foods at all. Goodbye to the Jello pudding mix too!

Last edited by JossFit; 08-05-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 136/132/120

Height: 5' 4"

JossFit that sounds like a good idea. I am too trying to cut as many processed foods out of my life as I can
maymarza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #42  
Absolutely Fabulous

S/C/G: 150/132.2/<120

Height: 5'6

Hi all,

Soooooooo, I did go to the food market yesterday but I didn't overeat. I even lost some weight, so I like this progress And since I'm working out again, I feel that I really can eat more, as long as there is enough exercise during the day. Today I'm eating out, but I also planned in some gym time, so hopefully all goes well on the scale tomorrow morning.

Pixellate, I like your haircut, and also your collar bones Whatever you're going through, I hope you feel better soon!

DottieMae, thank you for your advice. I do keep track of what I eat, but the problem is that my mind always goes in overdrive when I start thinking too much about calorie intake. And eventually I end up not caring anymore and eating whatever I want. In addition, eating light during the day often triggers me into overeating at night ... Does this sound ridiculous? I just wonder sometimes how the simple activity of eating became so difficult. Anyway, congrats with your bikini, don't worry too much about the "crinkly tummy" ... time to pump up your confidence and wear it proudly!

Jossfit, my ankle is feeling way better and I even went to the gym today And can I just say: your advice about getting back on track was so right and now it applies to you too! As you know, I definitely know how you feel but for what it's worth: you already look amazing, you should be proud. Don't be too hard on yourself! I actually even think that some physical exercise will do you good ... goodbye to the demons and hello to feelings of pride! With regards to your idea about going primal, I think it could work. Since a month, I try to eat raw foods 80% of the time, so I will eat fruit and vegetables during the week days and in the weekends I will have two or three "normal" meals. My normal meals still have to get better. Nowadays it's often junk food but I plan to make them more balanced with some decent proteins. Eating 80% raw really works for me because it reduces the pressure of counting calories (although I still do so for now) and I can still go out for dinners. I do try to avoid eating a lot of high fat foods when I eat raw, because it gives me cravings for junk food. Anyway, paleo is not quite the same as eating raw, but the principles are alike and for me it really works most of the time ... also because I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE fruit I still have to control my cravings in the weekend but I'm working on it. Good luck and I hope paleo is the way to go for you

Last edited by Miley; 08-05-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Miley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymarza View Post
JossFit that sounds like a good idea. I am too trying to cut as many processed foods out of my life as I can
Thank you

I generally don't eat a lot of it, but I've noticed that processed foods are creeping into my life more and more. I'm not going to get nutty with it and go out of my way or take it to an extreme, but I can definitely clean things up a bit.

My goal is to limit "unnatural" foods more or less, since pretty much everything is "processed" in some way. I realize that my Greek yogurt has been processed, but I can continue to eat the plain kind as opposed to eating some that has sugary fruit added to it and such.

I'm even going to try to cut out diet soda, but we'll see how that goes.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #44  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Jossfit - sounds like a good plan! Because of the total lack of dietfoods here in the Netherlands (it's a much bigger thing in the US)I barely eat dietfoods. We have no light jello (believe me, after all the happy stories on here I looked for it!) and no light bread. I dropped all my weight on normal food but portion control. I don't like processed foods anyhow, so the only processed stuff I'll eat is when my mom cooks something with a herb-package or pre-made sauce. But mostly it's just 'real' stuff. Fullfat greek yoghurt. Full fat cheese. I just have less of it. It's really easy once you get used to it and it all tastes so much better. And when I am in for something sweet I just make oats with banana and add some honey. Or some real sugar. It's amazing how few calories just a teaspoon of sugar has. Where a soda drink has so many more because they add in like 15 teaspoons. Hihi.
Goodluck!

Dottie: I hope you enjoy the beach and don't wprry about the foods much. Even if you ate over your losing-weight calories for 5 days you won't just gain weight. When you eat over your maintenance calories for a few days you barely gain real weight, and with running around ont he beach in the water your needed calories go up. Everytime I go offplan for a bit I don't gain real weight. Maybe because I do keep a bit of track in my head and maybe sure I don't go over by 1,000. But then, it's hard to do that for me anyhow, not anymore. Enjoy!!!

Sarah: Oh, I did not even know breastfeeding means you burn more calories. Must be weird to now have to change your routine again to account for that difference. But I'm sure you will figure it out.

Chickie: Sorry to hear about your cramps, I hope you feel better soon (((hugs)))

--
I've been on plan for a bunch of days now and I am at 132.7. One more lbs and I am below the 60kg. CANT wait. LOL.

So, I eat very clean mostly. No processed foods and no light stuff. But I had one remaining addiction, my energydrinks. I've been having them for years, slowly more and more. From 2 per week to 3 per day. I tried to quit before but it resulted in massive headaches and being so tired for weeks. I decided to finally quit for real and not be such a dramaqueen about it. LOL. I substituted it for 2 cups of latte (so that's a 150 wasted calories all at once, but meh) and this natural herb pill. Then today I quit that pill and will do only 2 cups of latte for a bit. And then go down to 1 cup. And hopefully in a few weeks be completely off the caffeine addiction. It's a workign strategy so far, because I;ve not had redbull in almost a week and I feel fine. I slept a bit more than normal but energy is returning.

All in all I am starting to really let these lessons that I've learned this year sink in, being: I can do difficult stuff if I just have a plan and commit to it. Such as running a half marathon and giving up my last really horrible addiction. So, now I must apply this to my dreaded studies. Need to finish uni within the next 5 months. MUST.

Last edited by philana; 08-05-2012 at 10:33 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 135/129/118

Height: 5'4"

Wow...so much to read. It's great to get to hear about everybody.

Jossfit- A co-worker and her husband did the Paleo diet and saw great results. I like the idea of not eating processed foods, but I agree with keeping the greek yogurt etc. I was addicted to diet soda and then one day about 3 years ago I went cold turkey. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I drank caffeinated flavored tea at the time I was craving diet soda (about 3pm) and then slowly just switched to water. Good luck.

Dottie- awesome rockin the bikini

Miley- You are right. Eating really light during the day can trigger over eating at night. In fact, that is how I gained all my weight. I would skip breakfast or eat a banana and then have a small lunch and maybe an apple for a snack. Then by the time work was over I was starving and all I wanted to do was go home and eat. I'd eat cheese and crackers-with a glass of wine of course- while making dinner, then eat a huge dinner, and then have dessert. I went to bed full so of course I didn't want breakfast in the morning and it would start all over. I'm learning to break that habit and I do feel more in control if I eat breakfast. I too wonder when eating got to be so difficult. I think it's funny how when I was gaining weight I didn't think it was so tough but now that I want to lose weight it's a daily struggle.

philana- Great job this week! I have been following your daily weigh in and it keeps me on track. Keep going with the energy drink destruction-you can do it!

I was feeling a little down yesterday just because it's been almost a week on my new diet and for the first few days I felt great but last night I was over it. However, I didn't go OP. I feel better today (and really happy I didn't give in to my cravings) but the scale didn't budge. It is TOM so I am hoping that there will be a good loss in about 5 days from now. Anyway...I'm off to run a 10K so that will be a mood booster.

Last edited by fresh15again; 08-05-2012 at 01:29 PM.
fresh15again is offline   Reply With Quote