3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   JUNE Feathers Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/260212-june-feathers-chat.html)

Dorian5 06-01-2012 08:46 AM

JUNE Feathers Chat

What can I say, I was definitely ready to welcome in the new month. :carrot:

Hope we can all start fresh and make this the best month yet!!

Dorian5 06-01-2012 09:01 AM

Well, I weighed in this morning. The damage is 130.8lbs. I can't believe I gained 15 pounds in 3 months, that's crazy. I was pretty down about it last night (decided to weigh when I got home from work, clocked in at 132) but now I'm just feeling determined. I think the boyfriend is even wanting to cut back, and that will make it SO much easier to have someone else trying to eat healthy and to go on walks with. :)

I dreamed about ice cream, though. And in my dream I ate about 6 cups of it, and woke up feeling guilty I cheated on my plan. Then I realized I didn't have real ice cream. :lol:

I'm baking a cake this afternoon, it's my nephew's birthday (his name is Xavier, but I call him The Professor, and he's my favorite person ever) -- he's having a spy-themed party, so the cake I'm making is going to look like a bomb. Making cakes is a hobby of mine, I've made Hello Kitty, Yoda, Dora the Explorer, a castle, Barbie... the list goes on. I am determined to keep myself from licking frosting off the spoons and sampling the cupcakes.

---

TurboMammoth: YUM I am totally making that salmon today!! Beau was stoked! Although, might skip the mayo, he doesn't like mayo at ALL and something tells me sriracha miracle whip wouldn't quite be the same. :lol: Love spicy stuff though, might have to put some red pepper in the marinade. Pregnancy scares are HORRIBLE, congrats on not being knocked up and the low weigh in! :carrot:

Crazygurl61: I love new months too, it's like starting on a new page. Hope we can all make it count!! :D

LisaTcan: I'm glad to hear you're feeling more relaxed. Have fun on your trip!! I'm definitely scared to pole dance, I'm just hoping everyone else in the class has sorry upper body strength like I do, so I'm not the only one who can't get up on the pole! :p

XOXO Keep it up everyone!

Alexistrophic 06-01-2012 09:58 AM

Hurray!!!! Thanks for starting this, Dorian! Welcome back, by the way. I can totally relate to the whole under/overeating cycle crap... I'm kind of struggling with the same stuff. It's SO TOUGH to strike a happy medium that leaves you ever so slightly on the lower end of the weight range. Glad to see you in here, though. I feel like posting in every day is a good start :)

I want to jump in here right quick so I have some hope of being able to keep up with this thread. Y'all move so fast!

Happy June, everyone!!!!

krampus 06-01-2012 10:05 AM

Thought my neck was feeling better - it's not really. Attempted a nature walk with my bf last night but there were waaaaay too many mosquitoes and we got bitten pretty badly so we said "screw this" and got Vietnamese food for dinner. I had shrimp summer rolls with peanut sauce and beef w/veggies and rice - SO GOOD but such horrid garlic burps later. :P After dinner we met up with some friends for a beer and then at a friend's place I thought it would be smart to eat 3 chocolate chip oatmeal cookies at like, 11:30 PM. Had weird eating-before-bed dreams and my bf elbowed me in the eye. Owww!

Morning weigh-in: 128.5. Didn't see anything below 128 this week :/

Dorian5 Better 130 than back to 150, I say - those cakes sound awesome, it's totally true that having a partner in crime to eat well and exercise with (teehee) makes the whole thing easier!

Alexistrophic Glad to see you here again! How have you been doing?

LisaTcan Enjoy your U.S. trip!!! Not obsessing feels very freeing.

TurboMammoth Congrats on not being pregnant. BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD in my opinion!

TurboMammoth 06-01-2012 11:28 AM

Lisa : Have fun in the US :) And great decision on applying the hakuna matata of the scale!

Dorian : miracle whip and sriracha would probably be... special LOL Good luck with the frosting, this develish, wonderful and amazing thing to lick! What flabor of cake are you baking?

Alexis : long time no see on the chat! happy june to you too!

krampus : elbow in the eye, owwww! plus too much food-bad dream, what a charming night you had LOL And thanx on the congrats of not being pregnant Ahaha Usually I dislike TOM, but seriously yesterday I was ready to celebrate it all freaking day long!

I had a weird day yesterday. I did not drank THAT much water, but I was peeing ALL.THE.TIME. (like, at some point I had to go 3 times during 40 minutes) I think it got me into some kind of low pressure stuff because I was feeling a bit dizzy and everything. I thought it was some glucose matters at first so I forced myself to ate my snack earlier than I should, but the snacks dit not help... it eventually faded away, and I was able to go for my run. Did it ever happened to any of you?

Anyway, with eating normal-not healthy-eating-out-food all week long plus TOM finally letting go some water weight, I had a big WOOOSH and weighed in at 133.2 pounds this morning. No idea if it will holds, but hey, I'm gonna take it for now!

Oh and I woke early this morning to go on a little bike ride before work and at some point of my loops, I was biking on some trails that go through woods along the river in town and I almost biked into a DEER. And not the baby stuff deer, the one that both of us would have get hurt if I did lol She did not heard/smell me quickly (wind in the bad way) and I need to stopped about 10 meters from her so she could hear and me run away... She was so cute :-)

HAPPY FRIDAY FEATHERS :D

Alexistrophic 06-01-2012 11:59 AM

Krampus ~ Ouch indeed at the bf elbowing you in the eye! Was it while he was sleeping or an "awake accident"? Your weight seems to have really stabilized if you can eat that late at night and still wake up on the lighter side... Lucky you!

Dorian ~ Also meant to say that you were/are a pretty big inspiration to me.

I've been kind of 'blah' lately... Still stuck at 155. Some guy-flavored resignation... I can't have what I want and have no interest in what I can have... Bleh.

Ah, well.
Recommitting to being SLIM this month.

All aboard!

crazygurl61 06-02-2012 12:09 AM

Hi all- went to the urgent care today- sprained my arm and shoulder .... in a sling and hopped up on pain Meds- plus it's inflamed

Alexistrophic 06-02-2012 02:22 AM

Turbo ~ Hey there! We musta posted at the same time. That dizzy+peeing a lot does sound like a blood sugar thing... Do you think you're getting enough calories? So cute about the deer, too.

Crazygurl ~ No fun about urgent care. Take care of yourself and rest up!

Erdnussbutter 06-02-2012 06:59 AM

Hi All,

This is my first post and I just wanted to say HI! It's great knowing that there are so many others who have made amazing progress and are so close to GOAL!

It's a pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to participating in your challenges and interesting discussions.

My exercise regime consists of doing the "Pump It Up" dance aerobics video 3 times a week + rollerblading.

krampus 06-02-2012 01:08 PM

Erdnussbutter, hi! Wie geht's? I visited Munich once and had a great time there. Beautiful people everywhere.

crazygurl - OH NO, feel better ASAP, how did it get sprained?

TurboMammoth - Sh!t, a deer?! Glad you didn't actually bike into it. Sounds gorgeous though!

Hi Feathers,

Weighed in at 129.0 this morning. Last night I went out drinking and dancing and had wings and pizza for dinner and ice cream at 2 am before bed, so I'm not surprised to have seen an upward movement on the scale. I did manage to get to the gym and run for 1.5 miles (lol) and lift weights between work and beer/wings yesterday, so that's something. Squats = my butt is sore!

JossFit 06-02-2012 01:45 PM

In!

I need to start getting in on the Feather chats. Honestly I "hang out" in the weight loss forum more, but to be frank, I can't always relate to those struggling with obesity. I've been 60 pounds heavier, but I've never dealt with a lot of the issues that those men and women have. Still, I find the support and perspectives inspirational and motivational... I would just feel bad about saying "Yeah, I totally gained a pound this weekend!". I realize I'm in a very good place both physically and mentally right now.

I posted this in another forum, but I thought I'd share it here;

I feel AWESOME today!

I weighed in today for the first time in a couple of weeks (had a large 2 day binge about 2 weeks ago) and am happy with the results... right in my "happy range". I anticipated a slight gain, or perhaps things to be the same as they were pre-binge, but I'm down about 1/2 pound actually. Not a shocker in either case, but still nice to see.

I also had cycled off of caffeine and pre-workout supplements for a week just to let my body re-set, and today is my first day back on. I had so much energy at the gym this morning, and I just feel HAPPY!

Speaking of the gym, I wore something today I ordinarily wouldn't. I have done photo shoots in tiny shorts and bikinis, but I would never wear something super small to the gym ordinarily. Standing and posing is one thing, but moving in it? Not so much. Well, the gym I use is at work and is abandoned on the weekends, and I decided today I look good enough to actually work out in the tiny shorts and not be self-conscious about the back of my legs (my trouble spot). The shorts are so comfortable to run in, it seems silly not to! And besides, who gives a rat's *** what people think about my gym clothes anyway?!

TurboMammoth 06-02-2012 01:47 PM

alexis : as you mentioned about maybe being a blood sugar thingy, I checked my food log for that day and it was a pretty light lunch... maybe my blood sugar was too low, as you said! happy recommitment!

crazygurl : awww poor girl! do they say how long it takes to heal?

Erdnussbutter : welcome! germany is like my number 1 spot on my list ''places to visit''! Rollerblading is a good workout. I like rollerblading. I just don't like how I'M not able to stop...

krampus : that is so cool that your weight is holding steady like that, I'm so jealous. I ate 2 chips and the salt make me gain 4 pounds. Embrace that with wings and everything you want LOL

Jossfit : welcome girl! you're definetely an inspiration to me, god you're fit!!! ;)

heyyy. weighed in at 134.0 this morning, which is a fluctuation that is okay to me, I ate a big diner last night.

the weather is pretty sucky here so I cleaned half of the appartment this morning... muuuuuch needed. I'll do the other half later after we get back from the grocery and bought new swiffers wipe LOL

have a great weekend all!

JossFit 06-02-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krampus (Post 4356511)
Weighed in at 129.0 this morning. Last night I went out drinking and dancing and had wings and pizza for dinner and ice cream at 2 am before bed, so I'm not surprised to have seen an upward movement on the scale. I did manage to get to the gym and run for 1.5 miles (lol) and lift weights between work and beer/wings yesterday, so that's something. Squats = my butt is sore!

It sounds like you had fun though! The great thing about maintaining or being close to your goal is that you know if you go out and indulge, only a few days back OP will erase that damage.

crazygurl61 06-02-2012 02:10 PM

Hi all- I am ok just hopped up on pain meds. In a sling for 10-15 days. I saw a new low today of 134.8 ( well a new low on this weightless journey at least!)

My husband has been taking care of me, he finally went to see a Dr. about why he isn't loosing weight. He is 6'2 and about 280 so he has a lot to loose, but does carry it well. The doctor has put him on a 2,000 calorie diet and given him some medication to help. If he doesn't loose the first 40 lbs by Christmas he will be doing lap band. It's been such a long time coming, and it's been an emotional
issue. I am going to be happy to work together on a healthy lifestyle. I love him so much and I'm glad he is taking this seriously.

AhHH Vicodin and Melrose Place on Netflix :-)

Joss- I know what you mean. I was thinking the same thing. I've never been above 170 at my heaviest but compared to people who have over 100 plus to loose my 1 lb struggles seem stupid. But to me its a big deal. Congrats on the weight loss and good for you with wearing what you want. You look great!

Turbo-hi! Congrats on the 134. Sometimes cleaning house feels so good, doesn't it?

Alexis-Hi! Nice to see you checking in here.

Krampus- looks like you are still in the 120's despite lots of fun! Enjoy yourself, you've earned it. Squats make me so sore that it's hard to sit down sometimes!

Erdnuss-Hello and welcome!

Dreamer2012 06-02-2012 02:15 PM

First time posting in this chat. Hello everyone.

Weighed in at 142lbs still. I've been 142 since February! Went to the doctors and got weighed. I was about 12-14lbs heavier before February, around the start of last September into the winter time. I had done nothing to lose weight but I did! I was delighted! :D Really gave me the motivation to do something about my weight.

Then about mid-April I started walking more and more and watching what I are. 2 days ago, I joined this forum. And finally yesterday, I started a proper diet so I'm really hoping to see results! I'd love to be 119lbs by the time I return to college for my last year in September and then I'll be pushing to 112lbs where I will try and maintain 112lbs. It's just loosing a few lbs now would be great! I have so much motivation which I think is where a lot of people struggle.

I usually go for a walk around 7pm, it's now 7:10pm and I haven't left because it's raining and just not stopping! I'm actually getting upset that I can't go :p Never thought I'd see the day when I would be frustrated that I can't get out to exercise! Yesterday, I went a brisk walk and because I live near the beach, I tried jogging up the beach. It was difficult enough, I have to say. My fitness levels aren't the best. But I was able to do it. And I wanted to get out and do the same this evening. I did 10 minutes of weights this morning though, which again, isn't brilliant but I did only manage 5 minutes yesterday so I pushed myself today. Again, just trying to work up my fitness levels. I'm thinking of other things I could do around the house since that rain isn't stopping. I was thinking of skipping, just need to find a rope now. :P Or going to borrow my friends Zumba for the wii...

crazygurl61 06-02-2012 02:34 PM

Hi Dreamer- welcome! It's always good to get out and get moving. This forum, especially the daily weigh in thread, have really helped keep me accountable. Hope to see ou around here often!

Erdnussbutter 06-02-2012 06:24 PM

Thank you, Krampus, Joss, Crazygurl for your warm welcome! I'm actually Canadian, but fell in love with Munich 5 years ago so I decided to move here, learn the language, study, and work.

Dreamer - Back when I was still studying, the start of the semester was always the most motivating to shed some pounds. Good luck with your quest!

Today was a disgusting junk food day consisting of fries for lunch, and gyros and fries for dinner. Chocolate was also involved. Sigh. Let's hope the month gets better.

pixelllate 06-02-2012 08:49 PM

Dorian5-Don't feel bad, I once gained around at least 40 lbs in a summer! People feel bummed about a 5 lb loss a month, so a 5 lb gain isn't all that bizarre.

krampus-your food posts always get me so hungry! haha mmm vietnamese, I love love love banh xeo

turbomammoth - congrats on the woosh!! Glad that you avoided an accident with a deer!

jossfit-I bought these teeny yoga shorts from VS, I change into them in the gym (too nervous to wear them just walking around they are so tiny). It feels nice, but strange at the same time-and I can't stop checking myself out hahaha

crazygurl61-that's great that your husband is so dedicated to the weight loss! jossfit and crazygurl61-the funny thing is, where I am, even a 50 lb loss is a huge deal, but I always feel like my loss/ultimate goals are smallish in comparison to the huge weight loss that people have experienced!

ednussbutter-it will get better! but on a side note, gyros are indeed delish :P

Strange NSV everyone - I'm someone's goal body! Its funny because I was feeling a tad down - I tried on bikinis at some stores (not ready yet! or at least my thighs aren't haha) and someone I know IRL is freaking out because she is at her unhappy weight (mine). its no big but doesn't feel great either ya kno?
I was trying on a bra at VS and the sales associate there saw me and said that she wanted to look like that and the other SA said "you'll get there." Right before I left I decided to say it out loud for the first time - I told her how much I lost, because I thought it would be encouraging and I think it was! I felt pretty awesome because she's probably seen so many girls in and out of that store! haha

Dreamer2012 06-03-2012 08:06 AM

Thank you for the welcome crazygurl and Erdnussbutter.

pixelllate, it's always a good thing when you have positive comments like that to you! You should be proud of yourself for your loss. I'm sure you're well on your way for that bikini body! I'm aiming for my bikini body for the possible holiday to Spain in August.

Today is another miserable day in Ireland. Very wet and windy out. I'm worrying about not getting out to exercise again today! I did skipping last night in my living room, might just have to do it again today. :p Decided today was a lazy day filled with movies. Normally my movie days are filled with junk and fast food but when I weighed in this morning I had lost a pound. :D It's the first one since actually watching what I'm eating closely. So I don't want to see that creeping up tomorrow. So, I'm going to stick to my diet and enjoy my movies for the afternoon/evening.

krampus 06-03-2012 12:32 PM

Agh 130.0 this morning (after breakfast and coffee). Wrong direction. I am starting to feel like I'm struggling just a little bit with eating too much - not binging - just slightly overeating. Tonight my parents are going to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. Just rounding out a whole week of eating out constantly in celebration of my new roommate moving to town. She starts work next week (working at Dinosaur BBQ which is notorious for ribs, pulled pork and mac & cheese...oof) so I'm secretly excited about being able to eat healthier.

crazygurl61 06-03-2012 04:12 PM

Hi Krampus-looks like you are aware so you should be able to get back to the 120's sooner! I was ultimatley responsible for my biggest gain in college up to 175 lbs but it was the influence on my roommate which aided in my unhealthy habits- eating out 3x a day, pizza, fried food...etc. I was always relieved when she was gone so I could eat healthy.

Pixel- what great motivation! I've always dreamed of having that opportunity.

Dreamer- hope you enjoyed your movie!

Erdnussbutter- glad to see you in here. Hope you're having a great month so far.

Ugh today has been bad food wise. Someone at church said I was skinny and now that I'm in the 134's I feel scared I will sabatoge myself. I did today...

My arm hurts and my medication is making me sick to my stomach. I had a single serving of Jif and then i went to Mcdonalds. Yuck-I had 7 mcnuggets and half a thing of fries. Then I threw the rest away. Fasting the rest of the day. Feel crappy...

Dreamer2012 06-03-2012 04:31 PM

krampus, good luck at getting back into your eating healthy! I'm finding now I can refuse unhealthy foods. My mum was cooking a fry this morning which consists of sausages, bacon, eggs, pudding, onions, hash browns (I'd only eat the sausages and bacon now because I don't eat any of the others) and I was able to say no to it! And even when I smelt it cooking, didn't want it. I have to say I'm enjoying eating better the last few days.

I hope you feel better tomorrow crazygurl! What happened to your arm, if you don't mind me asking?

Was able to get out for my walk! :D Although it was very windy. I went at the right time too. Just as I was reaching my house, it was starting to rain again. And now I'm continuing on with my movie day! I did go to the shop and buy a chocolate bar though. But it meant my calorie count was just 5 above my daily allowance. Can't make that much of a difference. Well, I am hoping.

JossFit 06-03-2012 04:39 PM

Crazygurl61 - I feel ya, and I think a lot of us have been there. "I've lost weight... I only weigh XXX pounds now... I deserve a reward... I can slack off a bit... " yada yada yada. I've started to think about it a different way though; WHY does it have to be self-sabotage? People overeat sometimes. It's normal to eat for hunger, for pleasure, and for emotional reasons. Humans do that, and it's okay. As long as you're able to get back on track what damage was really done? You ate some McD's and thats okay. You realized you didn't have a taste for it, but even if you had eaten it all and enjoyed every bite that would have been okay too.

Krampus - Well, you know what you have to do if you want to reverse the upward trend... just tighten things up a bit and those few pounds will come off lickety split! The important thing is that you've shown you can enjoy your life, go out and be social and still maintain your healthy lifestyle overall. (Now don't prove me wrong!) :D

Dreamer2012 - Those rainy movie marathon days are the perfect storm for an overindulgent day of eating, so good on you for sticking to your plan!
:carrot:

Pixelllate - I know exactly what you mean! This was the first time that I put them on, left the house, did my thing, and returned in the teeny shorts! Whoot! It won't be the last either... haha ;)

And to everyone else, thanks for the warm welcome!

Today I was going a bit stir crazy at home, so I went out and got my car detailed and walked around the mall a bit. I didn't end up buying anything... I guess I wasn't really in a shopping mood, but I felt lazy just sitting around at home after I got back from the gym. I'm on R&R right now, and my fiance lives in another state (as does my BFF), roommate is out of town... so I've been pretty much on my own this week and mostly loving it! LOL Its nice to come home (I am in the military and was on a deployment until this past monday) and just relax.
This coming weekend I'm off for my BFFs wedding reception and my fiance will be there, so it's going to be a great couple of days! I've already planned them out as my rest/treat days and have no guilt about that. :D I'll just get right back on track and make sure things are lookin as they should for my wedding next month!

Anyway, now I'm rambling... Hope everyone had a good weekend!

TurboMammoth 06-03-2012 07:09 PM

So many posts!!

Erdnussbutter : junk days happened ;) Don't focus on that day, put it behind you and focus on what's next!

pixelllate : what a cool NSV! That is great, with a few pounds to lose, I feel we often get frequently into negative stuff ''i can't figure out how to lose those last pounds'' but things like that help us realize we actually come from so far... good for you :-D

dreamer : movie marathon crappy days are so niiice. hope you enjoyed it!

krampus : I so feel you on enjoying to going back to healthy stuff. when I overeat for a weekend, i find myself craving some light and healthy stuff the next monday! oh and btw, I inspired myself from your roomate casserole and put toghether killing chicken, sweet potato and black beans quesedillas tonight. yummy

crazygurl : don,t beat you too hard for mcdo! it happens! focus on what next and not on what's in the past

jossfit : you are getting married next month?? woaaaaaah! are you moving in with you fiance or he is?

the boyfriend left this morning for winnipeg for 3 days and last night, he got to pick what we were eating for dinner. after just getting rid of tons of water weight, he picked burgers and nachos. d*amn lol

at least everything was home made, but there was still a lot of salt in the organic corn chips I bought for the nachos. Plus I overate. But we skipped dessert and it was so good (bison burger... YUMMY). I'm just so freakin sensitive to salt, that's incredible. I don't care much. I enjoyed it, it,s all that count.

So he left this morning, I had to kicked myselft outside (chilly and rainy) to get done with my 18k training this morning. Went pretty well, a collegue join me for part of it. I spent the rest of the days cleaning a bit and sleeping on the couch with the cat cuddling with me. ;-)

magsabags 06-04-2012 02:34 AM

Happy June everyone!
jossfit congratulations on your upcoming wedding! you're going to be a beautiful bride! and i completely understand what you mean about the weight loss forums. i've never been obese. for most of my life i've had a healthy bmi, i've just been on the upper end of that scale. sometimes i feel bad talking about my extra 15 pounds when some women are struggling to lose over one hundred! but you're right - their perspectives are really inspiring.
krampus i've also been struggling with overeating! haven't binged on anything in a while (one week is a while for me these days) but every day this week i've ended up eating 1800-2000 calories. not bad, but it's not the 1200 that i'm shooting for and it's not the right kind of calories. i might not gain weight eating this way, but i certainly won't see any results.

i'm tired of going to bed every night feeling guilty or disappointed in myself. i'm going to try to do everything in my power to avoid this feeling - i've had it pretty much every night for months now. so that means eating healthy and exercising! my goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of june. it's going to be tough, but i feel like i really need to challenge myself so i can get more focused. on friday night i'm flying in to england to study abroad for six weeks! i'm going to have absolutely no money while i'm there, which will hopefully be a good deterrent from binging, lol!

Dorian5 06-04-2012 09:36 AM

Bleh, bad eating this weekend. I expected it on Saturday (boyfriend and I's anniversary) but it continued on Sunday and ended last night with a container of General Tso's takeout with fried rice. Crap.

BUT I did go grocery shopping yesterday and we have a TON of healthy meals planned this week, I'm pretty excited.

I managed to make my nephew's birthday cake without nibbling cake or licking frosting or anything! Woohoo. :)

The walk around the zoo was EXHAUSTING but it was so much fun! We had a great time. :)

---
Alexistrophic -- WOW, thank you, I didn't know I was an inspiration to anyone! :goodvibes I don't feel very inspiring right now, haha. But hopefully I can get back to a happy place -- thanks for the kind words. :hug: I think June is going to be a good month for us!!

Krampus -- Once things get back to normal I'm sure you'll find your routine again and find yourself in the 120s. :) I have heard amazing things about Dinosaur BBQ, yum!

pixelllate -- Thanks for the words of encouragement. :hug: That was such a sweet story, I'm glad you told the VS employee about your weight loss, I'm sure that inspired her!!

TurboMammoth - I made that salmon on Friday -- boyfriend loved it, and so did I! It will be in the rotation from now on -- thanks! Bison burgers and nachos sound INCREDIBLE, haha.

magsabags - I can relate all to well to the feeling of disappointment you describe, and I'm sorry you're feeling that way. I'm also trying to get to a mini-goal by the end of June, and I think a lot of the other feather girls are as well -- maybe a challenge thread is in order? Going to England sounds amazing!!

krampus 06-04-2012 09:58 AM

Ate well yesterday, calories were under 1500, bought these sneakers

http://www.famousfootwear.com/Produc...es_ia92034.jpg

and tried them out for a 2.5 mile bike path run - they feel GREAT! I kept an average pace of 6.5 mph, which is faster than usual for me.

This morning I weighed in at 127.0 lbs on my scale and 123 on my boyfriend's scale. I use my scale as the "official" weight.

Dorian5 You've heard of Dino BBQ in NC? That's good PR! General Tso's is a one-way street, but it sounds like you've turned yourself around and have a nice week ahead. Congrats on your anniversary, too!

magsabags It's weird how "eating a few hundred calories more than you intended to" feels so wrong or shameful. We gotta remember the big picture. 10 pounds in a month as a featherweight is a big leap!

TurboMammoth I'm salt sensitive too. Bison burger sounds really good, as long as the meat isn't too dry. Way to go with your commitment to training, running in the rain!

JossFit You're going to be a stunning bride on your wedding day. What kind of dress will you wear?

Dreamer 5 calories is nothing - it's like walking up ten steps or something equally tiny. Eating well just feels better than eating greasy food.

crazygurl Are you feeling better yet?

pixellate You've lost so much! How much do you weigh, anyway? It is nice when people compliment your figure, such a great NSV.

Erdnussbutter One day of junk doesn't mean all your efforts are destroyed. That's really cool that you made your dream of living in Munich come true. It's easier for Canadians to move to EU countries than American citizens...sad truth!

tonimaroni2 06-04-2012 10:08 AM

Hey Featherweight's, I'm going to join you! The feathers trying to get out of the 140's thread closed and I'd rather join this one than start a new one. I feel like I know most of you anyways from lurking! lol

krampus - I bought almost the exact same pair on Friday!! So comfy... I loved them for about 12 hours on my bedroom floor and then took them back and exchanged them for $85 worth of clothes at WetSeal. FAIL.

Dorian5 06-04-2012 11:51 AM

UGH!! SABOTAGE!

My boyfriend's boss just came back from Switzerland. My boyfriend sent me a picture of what he put on my boyfriend's desk this morning:

http://s14.postimage.org/aa5l3qggx/c...limoncello.jpg

F&%K! that crap is going to be sitting in my house, being completely ignored by my sweets-hating boyfriend.

The bottle is HOMEMADE limoncello that his boss's wife made for me, she asked me a few months ago if I liked limoncello and said she would love to make me a bottle.

I'm totally screwed.

krampus 06-04-2012 12:42 PM

Oh, jeez. I want that!

Are you bad with eating ALL THE SWEETS in one sitting? Can you ask your boyfriend to only bring home a controlled amount at a time from work? Sometimes I make my guy put candy where I can't reach it if I'm feeling weak willed.

Dorian5 06-04-2012 12:51 PM

Generally I will kill off a whole chocolate bar, but then stop - so I wouldn't be apt to work my way through the stack of them. I figure the beau will probably come home and stick them in the fridge, and that will help, since I don't like cold chocolate as much. Might even ask him to only keep one in the fridge at a time and maybe stick the rest in the freezer?

I managed to work on a hollow chocolate rabbit last year over the span of a week, maybe I can somehow summon that restraint again. :lol:

Probably will work on that limoncello a bit tonight, but I'm not likely to BINGE on that, :lol:

Krampus your shoes are awesome, I need some new running shoes, my old ones I use for everything except running, so they are worn out. I was wondering why your scale and your boyfriend's scale are so different? Have you checked them with a hand weight or anything? I'd be tempted to take the lower number! ;)

krampus 06-04-2012 12:55 PM

Dorian5 My scale is a cheap digital from Target. BF's is an analog dial scale that is old and is the same as the scale at my parents'/my scale I used in Japan. And the scale at my gym invariably weighs me at 2-3 lbs over my home scale, but I think it's a liar. Good luck with the goodies. I think you'll be OK - cold chocolate is stupid! I feel your pain, I'm struggling to rein it in with my new roomie, who starts her Dinosaur BBQ job tonight and will probably bring home goodies half the days of the week...

crazygurl61 06-04-2012 01:30 PM

Dorian- If you and I split that, it's only half of the calories...right?? That looks AMAZING!!! I love limoncello!!

Toni- Hi and welcome! You are the same height but look a lot better than me. Hah!

Krampus- I love the shoes! Hopefully they wil inspire you to keep up your great exercise routine! It must be nice to see 127 on the scale again :-).

Mags- how exiciting to be studying abroad! I know what you mean about feeling
bad going to bed after eating junk. I try to remind myself that I might feel bad for a little while about not eating what I want to, but I will feel worse at night if I've made poor choices.

Turbo- looks like you are doing great on the scale and still managing to eat some fun things! Good luck while the bf is away!

Joss- that's true what you've said! I hope you will post wedding pics and Im sure you will look incredible on your special day! Enjoy your time off.

Dreamer- my shoulder popped out and I sprained my arm- no fun...hopemyou are well!

Ok so yesterday's menu was horrendous...

Jif peanut butter, mcnuggets, fries, a glass of white wine, a slice of key lime pie, a triangle of laughing cow cheese, sugar free jello and 2 rice cakes. I think I stayed within calories but what a nutritional nightmare. Up a lb today, no surprise.

Going to try to do better today...still in pain which is no fun. I have a frozen yogurt date with girlfriends later and a work banquet tonight at a country club. Need to stay away from booze....

Have a great on plan day everyone!

krampus 06-05-2012 07:23 AM

127.0 again this morning. I'm so impatient! Ate pretty well yesterday, no dessert which is an unheard-of first ever. Got in a full lifting session as well as over half an hour of cardio on various machines at the gym. Today the bf has a big interview for a really awesome job opportunity! I hope it will go well.

TurboMammoth 06-05-2012 09:47 AM

krampus : your new shoes look great! New balance are supposed to be some real good shoes, good choice. And woah 127! is that your newest low since you got out of the 130s? Oh and I hope the job interview of your boyfriend will go smoothly! :)

Dorian : CHOCOLAT OVERLOOOOOOAD! O-M-G. I felt my stomach do some backflips just seeing that! I would probably eat it in one evening LOL

crazygurl : for a horrendus menu, it wasn't that bad! how is your arm doing today?

My scale has been stuck at 136.0 pounds for the last 3 days. hellooooo? fluctuations? where are you?

I had a friend over last night for diner and I managed to prepare something healthy that she really enjoyed. We had a spinach dip in a small loaf of bread (spinach, light mayo, 0% fat greck yogourt and green onions), some duck salad with a Hoisin sauce dressing and a carrot cake muffin from Skinny taste with cream cheese frosting made from light cheese... Plus a bit of white wine. I managed to finish the day at 2125 calories. Not bad! I knew I ate a bit too much to late because I had really weird dreams where I met the singer of The Killers. That was kinda cool LOL

I'm supposed to go for a run tonight, hope it will help kick the metabolism in gear to make the scale move!

tonimaroni2 06-05-2012 10:07 AM

Turbomammoth - that dinner sounds amazing... made my mouth water :drool:

Dorian - from your picture, you kind of look a lot like the actress Ali Larter!!

I'm getting pretty frustrated with my weight. I was doing really good, got down to 144.8, then memorial day wknd and TOM hit and now going on two weeks later I'm still bouncing around 146/147. I've been so good, I hope it pays off soon.

Dorian5 06-05-2012 10:58 AM

http://s18.postimage.org/v3kcnujcp/dinner.jpg

That was our dinner last night! We made shish kebabs with chicken, pineapple, onion, red bell pepper and green bell pepper. I made a greek salad on the side with feta, olives, cucumber and onion. And in that tupperware? I made tzatziki for the first time! The beau loved it, I was surprised! Leftovers for lunch today.

AND... I didn't touch that chocolate OR the limoncello last night. Even though it was right there in front of me. I looked through them when the boyfriend got home just to check them all out, and then I put them away in the cupboard. :D

Our pepper plants have EXPLODED with peppers, so tonight I'm making some faux-fried poppers with cheese and cilantro/lime/garlic shrimp. I think my boyfriend is totally into the healthy dinners this week too -- he even wrote his weight next to mine on our dry-erase board outside of the bathroom, I'm interested to see if he loses any weight this week too. :)

---

crazygurl61 - I will totally split my limoncello with you so I don't drink it all. :lol: I have a hard time staying away from booze as well. Hope the yogurt date went well -- I always have good intentions walking into a frozen yogurt bar, and then I always end up with some high calorie monster when I totally intended to be healthy. :p

krampus - Good luck to your boyfriend during his interview! 127 is excellent, hope you see that dip you're waiting for soon, though. You've been hitting the gym a lot lately, I'm impressed! ETA: Dinosaur BBQ has been on the Food Network quite a few times, which is how I know of it! Most recently it was on "The Next Food Network Star" and I found myself wondering when someone was finally going to come up with taste-o-vision. ;)

TurboMammoth - YUM, I love spinach dip. I have a problem with bread though, it's something I can't manage to portion. I'll have to check out the Skinny Taste carrot cake, that's where I got tonight's menu from as well. Your dream made me laugh, I dream weird crap if I eat too late also. Good luck with your run!

tonimaroni2 - Oh wow, thanks! I wish I had Ali Larter's abs too! :lol: I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated, it sounds like you're all set up to have a whoosh downward soon -- your hard work WILL pay off if you keep it up!

KEEP ON, EVERYONE! XOXO

Alexistrophic 06-05-2012 01:05 PM

Dorian5 ~ Way to GO on avoiding that temptation!!! And your healthy meals look so beautiful. Definitely healthy inspiration.

Krampus ~ Those sneakers do look pretty darn cool AND it looks like they're motivating you to run faster, too. ;) Good luck to BF!!!

Toni ~ "Don't walk out thirty seconds before the miracle." as the saying goes. Stay on track and you're bound to see some results. Cause and effect, really, but I know easier said than done.

Turbo ~ Your meal sounds deeeeelicious! That cream cheese icing sounds delicious. And sometimes those 'high calorie" days do more for the metabolism than the days you end up coming in a bit lower.

crazygurl ~ lol at your menu... Sounds like quite "ecclectic". Love those yogurt dates with the girlfriends. And you're doing pretty darn decent for being in pain. It always seems tougher when you're injured.

Magsabags ~ That study abroad sounds amazing! Happy trails!

Jossfit ~ Dang, girl! You are one seriously fit chick with an inspiring story to boot! Good for you for getting out there and doing something rather than just sitting around. Your weekend sounds amazing, too.

Dreamer 2012 ~ Glad you're getting out for your walks. Those snack pitstops are awfully tempting, though! Good for you for staying pretty close to your cals, thouhg.

pixellate ~ Whoa, what an accomplishment!!! Such a great feeling to be someone's "Goal". Imagine how many people probably think that but never say anything out loud. You go, girl!!!!

erdnussbutter ~ It's so impressive that you just up and decided to move to Munich! How cool. If you have the strength and determination to do that, just imagine what else you can do if you set your mind to it.

~~~~
I've been kind of lingering in limbo lately. Can't seem to find the motivation to move down any further. I think I'm at my natural "set point" (155) that I hit if I'm not really trying.

Thing is, I keep thinking to myself: "Imagine what you could be if you just tried a bit harder" My goal weight is 135 (or really, to be in the 130's) Keep telling myself that and thinking about how I will be different WHEN I get there...

Have an interview today, too. Not super excited about the job (admin at a pain intervention office) but figure it's good practice if nothing else.

Stay motivated everyone!!!!

crazygurl61 06-05-2012 07:41 PM

Hi everyone!!

Krampus- best of luck to your boyfriend on his interview. Good job on the workouts. The scale is bound to budge soon!

Turbo- I am a little better today, thanks for asking. Wow that food sounds incredible!

Toni- the scale will move if you keep trying..I know it's hard!

Alex- the yogurt date was nice and relaxing. I took it easy on the volume and toppings.

I applied for a summer office job in my district, and I got an interview on Thursday morning for it. I am excited at the prospect of summer work. We will see howit goes. I also put in an application for a different job at my district for fall, it would be a promotion. We will see how I do.

Tonight I am having Chinese takeout with my husband and brother. My brother works for my EBay business part time, so he's been taking on some extra hours while Im on the mend. I planned all my food into my tracker already so I can relax and eat without guilt.

Have a great day/evening!

TheManekiNeko 06-05-2012 11:54 PM

Hi all,

I'm back after being MIA for a long time. I blame being at uni and getting a new gf keeping me ridiculously busy :)

So last October I managed to get down to about 123/122 lbs but I fear now that I might have shot back into the 130s, don't want to weigh myself just yet until I've been on a stricter plan for a week or two. Not ready to face the sad moment when you realise how bad the damage is :/