JUNE Feathers Chat

You're on Page 6 of 16
Go to
  • TurboMammoth - sounds scary, but I have had similar episode to this before. I've never fully passed out because I put myself into shock position. When this happened to me it was always due to heat exhaustion from not drinking enough. Where you dehydrated at all? Just a thought and try not to worry about it too much.

krampus - falling off the wagon sucks but you sounds like you're straight back on track. Good luck, you're doing really well *jealousy*

When I weighed myself as 129lbs I used my mum's scale which I do not altogether trust. I managed to go home to get my proper scale and re-weighed myself at 131lbs. So far to go . Feeling a bit rubbish about the whole thing and don't really know where to start. So I've decided to ban myself from eating chocolate, which may or may not help. We'll see...
  • ARGH! I keep getting derailed. It's because I am so close to goal.
    Anyway. Another week off-track. It's been 2 weeks now. But I am still at the same weight.

Back on track now! Cycled for 34miles today. It was awesome.
  • krampus You too! Oh man, that's amazing.. what a great thing to do in Wales haha.. I think I've only ever driven through Wales and I was asleep in the back. Now that's a crap story, yours is way better. How did the trails go? That's an interesting combination of food.. what the **** is chocolate milk-wine?? Pound and a half of bloat is nothing.. yikes.. I've put on 8lbs of bloat before.

turbomammoth It's great to see young people participating in neighbourhood spirit! Hope you're feeling better too.. that's scary. Maybe you could keep a food journal and make sure to refeed after the runs.. Maybe you could have a bottle of Lucozade or something sugary on your person/in your car. Take care of yourself Good reason to eat steak too, enjoy!!

crazygurl It'll come off again! Gluten free must be so tricky.. I was so happy when I tested negative for an intolerance. Feel better!

Dorian5 Well done! I would probably have eaten that chocolate while laying on the long grass.. You did good!

philana That's quite the cycle! Well done for maintaining You've got it!

-----

Just got home a few hours ago, had an amazing weekend but holy **** did I eat a lot. Yesterday I ate some crazy vegan food, no idea what it was. I had this savoury cake thing with sundried tomatoes, houmous, rocket pesto and mustard (makes me poop). Then I bought a cupcake and I tells ya it looked like a chocolate cupcake but it was the most confusing thing I've ever eaten and it was rolled in poppy seeds. Today I ate a banana, oyaki, tofu burger, bulgarian whiskey cake, egyptian dessert and chinese food for dinner. I'm drinking cider and contemplating eating some free Japanese pastry I have in my bag that I just remembered existed. It's great though because I seriously don't feel any guilt, IDGAF! Heeellll yeah. I'll eat well this week so no worries and it feels soo good to just enjoy myself with food like this. I'd say I weigh a million lbs, I kinda wanna weigh myself for laughs right now but I'm too lazy to stand up and I have to finish this glass of cider. Mmm cider.

Also I got a henna tattoo ha
    my friend paid, i had no choice!
    by the time I uploaded that picture I had eaten most of that pastry thing..
    ok maybe now I'm a bit too full

• Hi everyone. Well, I'm a 135.8 so I didn't loose any this week. But, I also didn't gain any. Im still grumpy and sore from my sprain. Bahhh.

Edit:
    Ok, so it's my TOM, 5 days early. I know now why I've been cranky and starving!
  • I'm jumping in with a big whine before doing personals later today. LOL

I hate my irregular shifts. I just worked 3 half-nights (Till 2AM). Then I was suppose to go to bed early yesterday for my early morning shift now. I don' see how I am suppose to go to bed early when I just came out of a half night shift ans slept till 10/11.
  • I started out each weekend day really well and ate on plan and tracked my calories. But then I would just snap and eat everything. I'm looking at 2,200+ calories each day, mostly from alcohol and snacks. Mortifying.

I'm back on the wagon today, that's all I can do. Just so bummed, I feel like I completely undid all of my hard work last week.

----

krampus - Nice work on seeing 125, however briefly! Cracker Barrel sounds delicious.

TurboMammoth - Yikes, fainting is awful! I did all the time in high school when I had iron-deficiency anemia. Could it be anything like that? Or, like TheManekiNeko mentioned, dehydration? That's so scary, I hope you are feeling better. I did laugh that you were still arguing with your boyfriend on the brink of conciousness.

LeilaJey - I like your henna tattoo!! You have such a healthy outlook on your eating, I ate a ton over the weekend and I feel guilty and sh!tty, bleh. Sounds like you had some delicious food, YUM -- I LOVE cider!

crazygurl61 - At least now you know what the problem was! Hope it's over for you soon.

philana - yikes, your shifts sound awful, I'm so sorry.
  • My scale broke. Instead of going "oh ok I don't need it anyway" I'm already plotting to buy a new one. What kind of scales does everyone use? I'd like a digital one that won't break in six months like my $10 Taylor scale from Target did, but I don't want to pay more than $15-20.

This morning I got 125.5, 126.0 and 127.5 on my broken scale. We'll call it 126.5 because I ate ravioli really late at night, haha.
  • krampus : I got my scale at the drugstore more than 1 year ago and I paid it around 30$ because it was the only one who wasn't looking super cheap. That is crazy how those things increase in price quickly!

themanekineko : yeah, this whole thing of where to start can be overwhelming.. :-( Hang in there! we're all in this with you!

philana : this is some serious cycling. welcome back on track!

leila : love the henna!!!! and I agree with you, you don't have to feel guilty for eating some food you truly enjoy, on the opposite of binging!

Dorian : it is sooo hard to be on track on the weekend. but around 2200 isn't that bad, it must be around your maintaning range!! don't beat up yourself too much! *hugs*

Thank you for your nice words on the what we call now ''the fainting episode'', the bf and I. Most of your suggestions on the ''what the h*ll happened'' came accross our minds too.

- Hypoglycemia : possible, but unlikely, last time I was checked, I had a super good sugar metabolism
    - Iron deficiency anemia : also possible, I had wacky period last week (like, longer than usual) and we decrease our intake of red meat (the bf and my friends forced me to eat a huge steack saturday night, actually)
    - Dehydratation : possible, but also unlikely, I was drinking water in the car just before fainting
    - Low pressure episode : another possibility
    - Might just not eating enough for all the running I do. Maybe my body isn't keeping up anymore

Anyways... yesterday I still tracked and ate, but I ate much more. Probably around 2000-2200. We had pork and I even got a cinnamon rolls I just baked. That felt weird.

I also skipped my usual long sunday run because I was not feeling safe enough to go for 19k in the heat after fainting the day before. I had one extra week before the run though, so I'll do this run next weekend instead.

I guess sometimes giving a little break to the body is needed...
  • Holy Crap I missed out on a lot of stuff!! I had a rough snack filled wknd and totally derailed again. I need to get my head back in it, very badly... When my boyfriend is gone I do just fine, but the second he comes here to visit me I undo all my hard work because his poor eating habits rub off on me. Too bad his super metabolism won't rub off on me also.

TurboMammoth - glad to hear your feeling better, that's scary. You're right, sometimes giving the body a break is good.

Krampus - way to go on hitting 126! Think of buying a new scale as a reward for all your hard work.

Leila - I love your Henna tattoo! I decorated my foot over the weekend with a Henna pen. It looked pretty real.... until I dipped my foot in the pool and half of the ink bled all over.

Dorian - As you said before, at least your back on the wagon now after a couple of rough days instead of waiting until you're really in trouble. You'll get there, feel better.

Philana - 34 miles, that's crazy!! Now I know how lazy I am hahaha
  • Hi Everyone. I'd like to whine as well and do personals later....I am 136.4 today and TOM is raging. I feel like knocking everyone over, going home, and watching re-runs of Melrose Place. I didn't loose or gain any weight this week.

So....I got the part time summer job! They were supposed to call today but they called Friday so that was a nice way to start the weekend. I get 2 weeks off before I start. Nothing fancy, just office work, but I will be happy to make some money during the summer. No word yet on the permanent teacher application- but I just turned it in last week so it might be awhile before interviews..who knows?

I also got 2 new music lesson clients!

Wednesday is the last day of school for the year. TONS to do before then. It's going to be a busy rest of the month. Then a Father's Day celebration on Sat, a 60th anniversary party on Sun, and I am helping out with VBS (Vacation Bible School) at my church Mon-Weds, until Weds afternoon when I take a plane to a convention from Weds-Sun.

There is some drama with my parents because they made vacation plans last year and rented out a lakehouse from a friend from a Sat- the following Friday. My brothers both work (non teaching jobs) and so do their gfs- my husband also works a corporate job so he doesn't get summers off like my parents and I who are all teachers. I told them when they made the plans (without consulting us on dates) that I would try to come but it would be dependant on whether I got a summer job or not. My Husband, brothers, and their Gfs because of their schedules can only do a long weekend and since the timing was planned from a Sat-Fri that doesnt really make it worth it (it is a 8-9 hr drive). Now my mom is annoyed but we had all told her we weren't sure we were going to be able to go since we didn't get a say in the dates. Now my mom is trying to shift it around to another date so we will see what happens. The idea of being there with just my parents for a week is a little weird if no one else can come, but who knows. They have been teachers all their lives and don't understand not having a summer break or why I want to work in the summer. GAH

My mom wants it to be the last week of June, so that would mean I come home from the conference and go on the other trip and then start working right when I get back. SO much for being parked in front of the TV! Oh well, we will see what happens.

Anyhow...if you made it this far good for you, I've been blabbing awhile!!!
    My arm is still super sore and I have the sling one more week. I've tried to take as little pain meds as possible because they make me bloated like I'm about to give birth.

SO I am uncertain of how June will go weight wise, but I need a travel scale for sure! Anyone know where I can get one, or have one you like???

Have a great day!!
  • And I'm back from my mini-vacation! I missed a ton but tried to make sure I went back and read it all. I won't be getting to all the personals today because I still have to pack up my meals and gym bag for tomorrow.

So... the weekend didn't go as well as I would have liked it to with regard to my diet. Go figure, right? LOL
    Friday I managed to eat well all through the day, even though I ended up having to wait for my fiance at the airport for like 5 hours AFTER I landed. Ugh, poor guy has the worst luck with air travel! As soon as we got into town we met up with some friends for dinner, and even though I wasn't trying to keep it too clean, I actually didn't do all that bad. I ordered grilled chicken with roasted potatos and put half in a to-go container. I did enjoy a few glasses of wine, bread with butter, and a scoop of ice cream but all in all it wasn't terrible. Until...
    We hit the bars after dinner! You know what that means; lots more alcohol, and then after we left there was leftover dinner to be finished, along with pizza and ice cream.
    Not great, but not the end of the world.

Saturday was decent during the day (Starbucks egg white and turkey bacon sandwich for breakfast, Kind Bar for a snack, sushi and a scoop of ice cream for lunch... but then the big reception was that night. Cupcakes, steak and potatos, lots of tapas (fried mac n' cheese, bacon wrapped dates, etc.) and a couple of cocktails (only 3 this night) and then the fiance and I called it fairly early since we were hungover from the previous night.

All of this was okay, and wouldn't have been so bad, but Sunday was a TRAINWRECK.

We met up for breakfast and basically all ordered like one of everything on the menu and shared family style! haha I ended up having 2 pieces of bacon, a few bites of cheesey hashbrowns, a bite of lemon poppyseed cake, 1 huge belgian waffle with butter and syrup, and one Swedish pancake with butter and lingonberries. Oh, and lots of coffee with half and half.

After that my fiance and I had to get off to the airport, and we were there so long (lots of maintenance delays kept us there for about 9 hours) that we had lunch and a few snacks. I had a turkey quesadilla, a scoop of butterfinger ice cream (can you tell I like ice cream) caramel popcorn, a chai tea latte and a chocolate chip cookie. Basically I didn't have a single healthy thing all day.

THEN, as I was driving home from the airport, I had more ice cream, chex mix, a fried chicken wrap, and a Twix bar.

I am sooo bloated today that I'm probably holding about 10 pounds of water. Awesome. I probably gained 4-5 pounds of real weight, and I only have like 3.5 weeks until my final dress fitting to get it off... I feel absolutely disgusting right now. My body retains water like crazy, and flying exascerbates it too, so my face is puffy, my body is bloated, I feel tired and sluggish, and I'm really disappointed that I let things get so out of control on Sunday. Anyway, I bet you can't guess who is on a tight diet for the next few weeks!

It looks like everyone else did a lot better than I did the last couple of days.

Edit: Oh, and today was no better... *sigh* I REALLY need some support here. I know it was only like 72 hours of overeating, but I feel like I'm now somehow looking at an insurmountable task in trying to reverse the damage I did. It's the time frame that's stressing me out!
  • Dorian & Krampus: look at you gals being in the 120s. This motivates me so hard. I should not still be in the 130s. I am joining you gals. ASAP. Dangit. LOL

Turbo: that sounds bit worrisome, glad to read you are taking your body seriously. Sounds like you might have overdone it a bit on the running. I can totally see how that happens though. I am really struggling right now with the cycling and eating. When I go on a good ride (34miles or more) I easily burn 2000 calories. I can't NOT eat them back. But it also feels like a waste to eat so much whle I want a big deficit. Fine tuning that is hard.

toni: thanks! and don't beat yourself up over slacking. We all do it. Maybe we should all beat eachother up over it? Haha!

crazy: sounds like a lot is happening for you right now. Also sounds like you should just not worry over your weight so much. HA! Says me. On a weightloss forum. Yes. LOL. Seriously though, you seem to get really annoyed over it and that's negative energy. What good does negative energy do you? None. Exactly.

JossFit: Get back on the bandwagon you! To be honest, I am sure it looks like massive overeating to you. As it does to me - but it's really not that bad. So maybe you ate a few thousand calories over your budget, you can work them back off easily with a few days of exercise and clean eating. Goes faster than you can imagine. Adding another 1000 calories to that is not gonna help! #motivationalspeechisovernow

--
    Well, I am counting my calories. That's step 1 of being back on track. But omg did I go overboard on popcorn and chocolate last night. I think my stomach is a bit stretched from eating more the past 2 weeks that now it is screaming at me constantly for more food. Today I am gonna stay strictly on plan so I feel 'clean' again. I really want to go out for a bikeride today too but the weather is annoying. If it does clear up I am gonna be burning atleast 1,000 calories. If not more. The cycling is making it hard for me to feel like I am on a path to weightloss. I burn so many calories I feel the need and the obligation to eat a lot of them back. But I don't want to. But I have to because my body needs it. It's so confusing. To be forcing myself to eat more than I want. I somehow feel like a deficit of calories below my BMR is a more "real" deficit than one from exercise. If that makes any sense. So, when my bmr is 1700 I feel like eating 1400 is a REAL deficit of 300. But when I have my bmr+1,000 from exercise I am never sure if then eating 2400 is really a 300 deficit or not. It feels like a surpluss. Mental issues. LOL
  • Ugh I OD-ed on homemade guac and chips and Oreos and amazing grilled steak/chicken/venison/veggie fajitas last night at a friend's BBQ. I got a new scale that works. 127.8 this morning, 125 on my bf's scale. That seems about right.

Felt kinda weak lifting yesterday. Maybe I have been slacking on protein somewhat lately...though I did have chicken, Greek yogurt, and a protein bar for lunch yesterday. I don't think eating more would solve my problems. We'll see what happens.

+++

JossFit You will be OK! Bloat weight falls off really fast as long as you can get back to normal and not overeat tons every day. Which is easier said than done I know...however I did manage to lose ~10 pounds of bloat from a 3-day vacation bender in one week in February 2010! We're all cheering for you. You'll be A-OK.

philana Come join us in the 120s club! If you cycle 50+ km then you need more fuel - are you in a position where you can rely on hunger cues or are you still recovering from carbfest?

crazygurl Things sound totally hectic and confusing in your life right now...you'd think teachers would be sensitive to scheduling issues with non-teachers. I hope vacation works out in your favor. Nothing wrong with holding steady during TOM!

tonimaroni Darn men and their metabolisms! Weekends are hard. It's like "I was good all week so now it's time to EAT" and then GUILT which is silly.

TurboMammoth A break can do worlds of good for your body. I'm glad you're resting up and taking care of yourself.
  • Good morning feathers! Managed an on-plan day yesterday, so I'm feeling better. Made chicken rollatinis with spinach and ricotta and mozzarella last night, recipe is from skinnytaste. They were very good!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/c...nach-alla.html

Feeling a little better about everything this morning. I meant to jump on the scale but boyfriend had other ideas when we woke up So I had to get dressed fast after that and rush to not be late for work. That's kind of like a morning work out, right?

I went shopping Sunday and got everything to grill turkey burgers that night. But Sunday we grilled steaks instead (it was the last day for the store to sell them, so they were only $2 each!) so I planned turkey burgers yesterday instead, but then it was pouring rain. So I thought we would do them today.... but it's raining AGAIN. I WANT A DAMN TURKEY BURGER. Hopefully tomorrow.

---

krampus - Dangit, that's another reason I meant to make it to the scale this morning, I wanted to be able to tell you what kind I have. It's actually my mother's digital scale, I stole it. I think you can make profile on it and track your fat loss and whatnot... I haven't figured all of that nonsense out, I just stand on it and wait for the number. You are doing GREAT, I am so impressed!! ETA: I always end up writign while someone else posts. You wasted no time in getting a new scale, that's excellent! Guac/salsa and chips is something I can't really stop eating. And I haven't bought a package of oreos in years because I always eat an entire third of the tray/sleeve each time before I can stop. Still sounds like you're doing great!

TurboMammoth - I am glad to hear that you are taking it easy. Cinnamon rolls sound incredible.

tonimaroni2 - It's hard to stay on the wagon with boyfriends who can eat whatever they want. When my beau and I didn't live together, I knew that when we hung out on the weekends, I would be over eating. Then we moved in together... hence the 10+ pound weight gain. Just shake off the bad weekend, and get back in the game. You can do it!

crazygurl61 - Congrats on the summer job and the music lesson clients! Sounds like you're going to have some busy times ahead of you. I'm sorry about the vacation thing, sounds like something my mother would do (try to plan a vacation a year in advance without giving anyone dates) -- I hope it all works out with no hurt feelings. I bet you're looking forward to getting that sling off!

JossFit- You'll get back into the swing of things. The great thing about water weight is that it comes off quickly! You've been under quite a bit of stress, so it's okay that you relaxed your eating. But now you can BUCKLE DOWN since it's out of your system and get back into your routine! YOU'VE GOT THIS! I am also an ice cream freak, I would eat it for every meal if I wouldn't turn into a baby sea cow.

philana - I know you're gonna be in the 120's soon!! Popcorn is a great thing to have if you're looking for something with volume, that was probably a good thing to eat. And chocolate... well, it's delicious, anyway. If you're going to burn that much, be sure to feed yourself, you need energy for that workout!! You can do this.

KEEP IT UP EVERYONE! XOXO!
  • Dorian - I'm jealous of your morning workout!! Lol my bf is on nights now so he's not even home when I wake up.

Crazygurl - way to go on the summer job. When things like that fall into place for me, so does my weight so maybe it will for you too!?

Jossfit - 72 hours of overeating is not an insurmountable task to reverse when you look at how far you've come before. You'll be fine, don't feel so bad. You just need to get back on track and do some major damage control for the next 4 or 5 days and everything will wash out. That's what I'm hoping for myself also.

Started using my Bodybugg last night and I can already see where I've been going wrong the last month or so. I hadn't taken into consideration that at this lower weight I'm not burning as much and don't need to be eating as much as I was 15 lbs ago. Sounds too easy and dumb that I didn't realize that before.