3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

JUNE Feathers Chat

Old 06-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #31

S/C/G: 138/134.0/118

Height: 5'4"

Generally I will kill off a whole chocolate bar, but then stop - so I wouldn't be apt to work my way through the stack of them. I figure the beau will probably come home and stick them in the fridge, and that will help, since I don't like cold chocolate as much. Might even ask him to only keep one in the fridge at a time and maybe stick the rest in the freezer?

I managed to work on a hollow chocolate rabbit last year over the span of a week, maybe I can somehow summon that restraint again.

Probably will work on that limoncello a bit tonight, but I'm not likely to BINGE on that,

Krampus your shoes are awesome, I need some new running shoes, my old ones I use for everything except running, so they are worn out. I was wondering why your scale and your boyfriend's scale are so different? Have you checked them with a hand weight or anything? I'd be tempted to take the lower number!

130lbs by St. Patty's Day!

One bat for every 5 pounds lost!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #32
Eat Big to Stay Small

S/C/G: 160+/116/114

Height: 5'5

Dorian5 My scale is a cheap digital from Target. BF's is an analog dial scale that is old and is the same as the scale at my parents'/my scale I used in Japan. And the scale at my gym invariably weighs me at 2-3 lbs over my home scale, but I think it's a liar. Good luck with the goodies. I think you'll be OK - cold chocolate is stupid! I feel your pain, I'm struggling to rein it in with my new roomie, who starts her Dinosaur BBQ job tonight and will probably bring home goodies half the days of the week...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/krampus
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #33
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Dorian- If you and I split that, it's only half of the calories...right?? That looks AMAZING!!! I love limoncello!!

Toni- Hi and welcome! You are the same height but look a lot better than me. Hah!

Krampus- I love the shoes! Hopefully they wil inspire you to keep up your great exercise routine! It must be nice to see 127 on the scale again :-).

Mags- how exiciting to be studying abroad! I know what you mean about feeling
bad going to bed after eating junk. I try to remind myself that I might feel bad for a little while about not eating what I want to, but I will feel worse at night if I've made poor choices.

Turbo- looks like you are doing great on the scale and still managing to eat some fun things! Good luck while the bf is away!

Joss- that's true what you've said! I hope you will post wedding pics and Im sure you will look incredible on your special day! Enjoy your time off.

Dreamer- my shoulder popped out and I sprained my arm- no fun...hopemyou are well!

Ok so yesterday's menu was horrendous...

Jif peanut butter, mcnuggets, fries, a glass of white wine, a slice of key lime pie, a triangle of laughing cow cheese, sugar free jello and 2 rice cakes. I think I stayed within calories but what a nutritional nightmare. Up a lb today, no surprise.

Going to try to do better today...still in pain which is no fun. I have a frozen yogurt date with girlfriends later and a work banquet tonight at a country club. Need to stay away from booze....

Have a great on plan day everyone!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #34
Eat Big to Stay Small

127.0 again this morning. I'm so impatient! Ate pretty well yesterday, no dessert which is an unheard-of first ever. Got in a full lifting session as well as over half an hour of cardio on various machines at the gym. Today the bf has a big interview for a really awesome job opportunity! I hope it will go well.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #35
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

krampus : your new shoes look great! New balance are supposed to be some real good shoes, good choice. And woah 127! is that your newest low since you got out of the 130s? Oh and I hope the job interview of your boyfriend will go smoothly!

Dorian : CHOCOLAT OVERLOOOOOOAD! O-M-G. I felt my stomach do some backflips just seeing that! I would probably eat it in one evening LOL

crazygurl : for a horrendus menu, it wasn't that bad! how is your arm doing today?

My scale has been stuck at 136.0 pounds for the last 3 days. hellooooo? fluctuations? where are you?

I had a friend over last night for diner and I managed to prepare something healthy that she really enjoyed. We had a spinach dip in a small loaf of bread (spinach, light mayo, 0% fat greck yogourt and green onions), some duck salad with a Hoisin sauce dressing and a carrot cake muffin from Skinny taste with cream cheese frosting made from light cheese... Plus a bit of white wine. I managed to finish the day at 2125 calories. Not bad! I knew I ate a bit too much to late because I had really weird dreams where I met the singer of The Killers. That was kinda cool LOL

I'm supposed to go for a run tonight, hope it will help kick the metabolism in gear to make the scale move!

Last edited by TurboMammoth : 06-05-2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: I posted before I was done... DOH.
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #36

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Turbomammoth - that dinner sounds amazing... made my mouth water

Dorian - from your picture, you kind of look a lot like the actress Ali Larter!!

I'm getting pretty frustrated with my weight. I was doing really good, got down to 144.8, then memorial day wknd and TOM hit and now going on two weeks later I'm still bouncing around 146/147. I've been so good, I hope it pays off soon.

Last edited by tonimaroni2 : 06-05-2012 at 10:07 AM.
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #37

That was our dinner last night! We made shish kebabs with chicken, pineapple, onion, red bell pepper and green bell pepper. I made a greek salad on the side with feta, olives, cucumber and onion. And in that tupperware? I made tzatziki for the first time! The beau loved it, I was surprised! Leftovers for lunch today.

AND... I didn't touch that chocolate OR the limoncello last night. Even though it was right there in front of me. I looked through them when the boyfriend got home just to check them all out, and then I put them away in the cupboard.

Our pepper plants have EXPLODED with peppers, so tonight I'm making some faux-fried poppers with cheese and cilantro/lime/garlic shrimp. I think my boyfriend is totally into the healthy dinners this week too -- he even wrote his weight next to mine on our dry-erase board outside of the bathroom, I'm interested to see if he loses any weight this week too.

---

crazygurl61 - I will totally split my limoncello with you so I don't drink it all. I have a hard time staying away from booze as well. Hope the yogurt date went well -- I always have good intentions walking into a frozen yogurt bar, and then I always end up with some high calorie monster when I totally intended to be healthy.

krampus - Good luck to your boyfriend during his interview! 127 is excellent, hope you see that dip you're waiting for soon, though. You've been hitting the gym a lot lately, I'm impressed! ETA: Dinosaur BBQ has been on the Food Network quite a few times, which is how I know of it! Most recently it was on "The Next Food Network Star" and I found myself wondering when someone was finally going to come up with taste-o-vision.

TurboMammoth - YUM, I love spinach dip. I have a problem with bread though, it's something I can't manage to portion. I'll have to check out the Skinny Taste carrot cake, that's where I got tonight's menu from as well. Your dream made me laugh, I dream weird crap if I eat too late also. Good luck with your run!

tonimaroni2 - Oh wow, thanks! I wish I had Ali Larter's abs too! I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated, it sounds like you're all set up to have a whoosh downward soon -- your hard work WILL pay off if you keep it up!

KEEP ON, EVERYONE! XOXO

Last edited by Dorian5 : 06-05-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #38

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Dorian5 ~ Way to GO on avoiding that temptation!!! And your healthy meals look so beautiful. Definitely healthy inspiration.

Krampus ~ Those sneakers do look pretty darn cool AND it looks like they're motivating you to run faster, too. Good luck to BF!!!

Toni ~ "Don't walk out thirty seconds before the miracle." as the saying goes. Stay on track and you're bound to see some results. Cause and effect, really, but I know easier said than done.

Turbo ~ Your meal sounds deeeeelicious! That cream cheese icing sounds delicious. And sometimes those 'high calorie" days do more for the metabolism than the days you end up coming in a bit lower.

crazygurl ~ lol at your menu... Sounds like quite "ecclectic". Love those yogurt dates with the girlfriends. And you're doing pretty darn decent for being in pain. It always seems tougher when you're injured.

Magsabags ~ That study abroad sounds amazing! Happy trails!

Jossfit ~ Dang, girl! You are one seriously fit chick with an inspiring story to boot! Good for you for getting out there and doing something rather than just sitting around. Your weekend sounds amazing, too.

Dreamer 2012 ~ Glad you're getting out for your walks. Those snack pitstops are awfully tempting, though! Good for you for staying pretty close to your cals, thouhg.

pixellate ~ Whoa, what an accomplishment!!! Such a great feeling to be someone's "Goal". Imagine how many people probably think that but never say anything out loud. You go, girl!!!!

erdnussbutter ~ It's so impressive that you just up and decided to move to Munich! How cool. If you have the strength and determination to do that, just imagine what else you can do if you set your mind to it.

~~~~
I've been kind of lingering in limbo lately. Can't seem to find the motivation to move down any further. I think I'm at my natural "set point" (155) that I hit if I'm not really trying.

Thing is, I keep thinking to myself: "Imagine what you could be if you just tried a bit harder" My goal weight is 135 (or really, to be in the 130's) Keep telling myself that and thinking about how I will be different WHEN I get there...

Have an interview today, too. Not super excited about the job (admin at a pain intervention office) but figure it's good practice if nothing else.

Stay motivated everyone!!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #39
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone!!

Krampus- best of luck to your boyfriend on his interview. Good job on the workouts. The scale is bound to budge soon!

Turbo- I am a little better today, thanks for asking. Wow that food sounds incredible!

Toni- the scale will move if you keep trying..I know it's hard!

Alex- the yogurt date was nice and relaxing. I took it easy on the volume and toppings.

I applied for a summer office job in my district, and I got an interview on Thursday morning for it. I am excited at the prospect of summer work. We will see howit goes. I also put in an application for a different job at my district for fall, it would be a promotion. We will see how I do.

Tonight I am having Chinese takeout with my husband and brother. My brother works for my EBay business part time, so he's been taking on some extra hours while Im on the mend. I planned all my food into my tracker already so I can relax and eat without guilt.

Have a great day/evening!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:54 PM   #40

S/C/G: 143/no idea/120-110

Height: 5'2'' (and a half)

Hi all,

I'm back after being MIA for a long time. I blame being at uni and getting a new gf keeping me ridiculously busy

So last October I managed to get down to about 123/122 lbs but I fear now that I might have shot back into the 130s, don't want to weigh myself just yet until I've been on a stricter plan for a week or two. Not ready to face the sad moment when you realise how bad the damage is :/
TheManekiNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #41

Height: 5'1

crazygurl - Gosh! Sounds painful. Hope you are on the road to recovery now. Hope you enjoy your chinese this evening! If I'm going to have takeout that is exactly what I'm planning on doing - adding it into my tracker to see what the damage is before I do it. Best of luck in your interview on Thursday.

Alexistrophic - Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm so trying to stop the snacking as best as I can. Keep asking my mum to stock up on the fruit so I can snack on that instead of sweets and junk! Getting the motivation is always the hardest part of this. But once you do, you will be flying! I didn't have motivation for the longest time and now I have so much to get my act together. Good luck!

TheManekiNeko - Very best of luck at your continued journey!

Looks like another day of rain here today! Yesterday it was miserable and Monday it was stunning out! Mother nature is so all over the place at the moment. Hoping I get out for a walk tonight. I did Jumping Jacks last night for 20 minutes. Anyone ever thought about doing them? Harder that I would imagine. I could do 50 at a time and then needed a second to take a drink of water. I read about someone doing them on their blogs and since it was raining yesterday, it was something I could do around the house. I looked it up online and most sites were saying it was pretty much as effective as skipping! Might do some again this evening but probably upstairs isn't the best idea with the bouncing up and down on the floorboards. Had my younger brother come in and ask what the heck was I doing!

My friend has been studying in France for a year and she is coming home tomorrow. I just finished making her a welcome home sign that I will stick on her front window in the morning! Can't wait to see her. For my 21st in December, my mum got myself and a friend (her younger sister) tickets to go see her in January this year. So we decided not to tell her and showed up at her door! Her face was priceless. I think I got it on video too. She wants to come home and get fit and healthy and she said she can barely fit into her jeans anymore. It's more encouragement and support for me, I guess.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #42
Eat Big to Stay Small

Hi all,

I overate yesterday but I was HUNGRY (and feeling weird, had a tiff with my bf and got stressed out). After dinner were kale chips (I can't believe I'd never had these before - they are incredible), probably 3 servings of tortilla chips with a ton of awesome homemade bean/chickpea salsa my friend made, and half a big chocolate bar. The chocolate bar and a good bit of the chips happened right before bed, so I woke up feeling kind of disgusting. Scale's only up a pound and it will probably disappear as long as I don't continue that pattern, but still.

Working the aging conference again today which means more tables covered in free candy. :/

dreamer YES! Jumping jacks are serious business. I used to build them into my runs. I'd run a couple miles and do 100 jumping jacks at the end.

ManekiNeko Congrats on the new gf! There's nothing wrong with gaining a few happiness pounds. I'm sure "the damage" is nothing too bad.

crazygurl61 Enjoy the Chinese takeout! What'd you get?

Alexistrophic Darn those set points. I thought mine was 132 for a while. Now I think it's 128!!!

Dorian5 Oh girl those shishkebabs look excellent! My bf wants to take me out to dinner tonight but I'm going to be like "cook for me instead" I think.

Tonimaroni Getting stuck is frustrating but you won't be stuck forever!!! It took me over a week to recover from Memorial Day, too.

TurboMammoth Grrrrrrr you'll see the scale drop. In the meantime you know you're doing things right - with all the running training etc. I get weird dreams when I eat before bed too!

Old 06-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #43

S/C/G: 146/127.9/120

Hey Ladies,
I'm still catching up on the last few days of posts...

It's been a frustrating few days - I've shot up more than 2.5lbs and have no idea why. I've been eating under my calorie limit every day and while I haven't done heavy exercise I have been moving (walking a lot). I'm not near my TOM so it's sort of frustrating.

I have been a huge ball of stress with work though so I guess I'll chalk it up to that. I work for a small business and we just had a guy quit and another on the verge. There's a ton of work going on and I'm afraid it's going to mean me working late for the next few weeks. Which of course means that eats into my gym time as I normally go late at night after the kiddo is in bed. sigh. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, knowing that things won't always move downwards on the scale, but still it's hard when things arent great and that it shows on the scale.

sigh. hope you guys are all doing well.

September Daily Weigh In

August Daily Weigh In 2.9lbs lost!

July Daily Weigh In 3.8lbs lost!

June Daily Weigh In 3.6lbs lost!

May Daily Weigh In: 6.2lbs lost!
DottieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #44
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

This thread is buzzing!

tonimaroni : that's a frustrating thing about weight loss... sometimes, even if you do good, the body decides something else... keep doing the good stuff and it will eventually pay off

Dorian : oh kebabs looks yummy!!! there is so many colors in your plate... I love when my plate is all pretty with tons of colors LOL Plus your menu got me the idea of making tsaziki too for eat with my zucchinis cakes, you were quite an inspiration to my last night meal hehe!

Alexis : How was your job interview? And don't worry, you'll find back the motivation to diet... honestly, it's freaking hard dieting in the summer, hello, bbq and all that stuff!

crazygurl : Glad you're feeling better with your arm what kind of ebay business do you have?

TheManeKineko : hugh, facing the scale, dreadful moment. Good luck to you with that!

Dreamer : omg, jumping jacks. I'm exausted after 1 minutes of them LOL

krampus : bean/chickpea salsa... must be amazing! good luck resisting the free candies at the conference!

DottieMae : Personnaly, stress makes me hold on on water a lot... maybe it's what is happening with you? Give yourself a few days, if you keep making the right decisions, the body will get his fact straight at some point *hug*

good morning ladies! I'm back down to 134.4 this morning, which is a releived, I wasn't enjoying much seeing 136 on the scale for the past 3 days. I had a great interval run last night that pushed me out of my comfort zone a bit, so I guess it helped a bit too

The boyfriend is coming home this afternoon, yay! we're having a pasta dish tonight to celebrate that.

have a great day everyone!

TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #45

Good morning feathers!

I stepped on the scale this morning. It flirted with 129 a bit, but came to settle at 130.0lbs. I hope that my official Friday weigh in will let me be in the 120's. I'll take 129.9!

I have been tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal -- I've been noticing a trend. I'm always way over my sugar allotment. Is this bad? I haven't been eating a lot of processed sugar. The biggest culprits are the banana I eat as a snack in the afternoon and the grapes I have at lunch. Just those two things send me over. Should I cut back on fruit, or is it okay since it's natural sugar? I eat a ton of veggies too, so it's not like I'm just eating fruit. I haven't noticed any sugar crashes or anything. I'm always a little under on my carbs, way over my protein and fiber, and way under my fat. (I've been trying to fix the fat thing by getting 2% greek yogurt instead of 0% and I've added full fat cheese to my diet and using more olive oil-based dressings on salad instead of fat free italian.)

Last night I needed about 200 more calories for the day, so I busted out one of the chocolate bars that the boyfriend got from work -- 64% dark chocolate, and it was divided into perfect little 100 calorie sticks to be broken off, so I had 2 portions. It was delicious.

----

Alexistrophic - The set point thing drives me crazy. I was stuck in 122-124 for about 9 months, I'm pretty sure that is where my body is most comfortable (it took a LOT of excess eating to catapult me to 130lbs again) -- but I do believe it's possible to change your set point. I hope you begin to see results soon!

crazygurl61 - Good luck on the job!! I, like krampus, would love to kow what you got from the chinese place. I love chinese take out.

TheManekiNeko - I was in the exact same boat last week, I knew I had gained, but couldn't manage to make myself get on the scale. I gave myself a week of healthy eating and weighed in last Friday. It sucked, but now I can see that it's coming off. No matter what that number is, you know you can change it -- you've done it before!

Dreamer2012 - It's funny you mention jumping jacks, I did some last week (upstairs as well) and my dog ran upstairs looking all alarmed. When he came to the room I was in, he turned his head sideways and watched me, as if to say "WTF are you doing?" Then he proceeded to bark at me until I stopped. But you're right, it WAS a work out! I got a jump rope last year -- that thing is hard to use for a long period of time too! I wonder how much energy I had as a kid to do it for hours??! Congrats on having your friend come home, and that will be AWESOME to have someone who is trying to get fit as well, hopefully you two can motivate each other.

krampus - Sometimes we need a refeed day like that, and it sounds like you had a lot of healthy food anyway. Kale chips are awesome, and that dip sounds delicious! Good luck resisting the free candy. You can do it!

DottieMae - I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. Weight just fluctuates, and sometimes it's just not in the direction we need it to. Work sounds awful, I hope you can find the energy to power through it before going to the gym and taking care of YOU. Maybe some extra water consumption might help with the extra weight -- you might be retaining due to the stress? Hang in there, things will get better.

TurboMammoth - Almost missed ya, we were writing at the same time! Nice work on getting down on the scale! Glad I could inspire you, zucchini cakes sound delish. Nice work on the run -- we're having pasta tonight too, I have a lightened-up clam linguine that we're excited for. Yum!

Keep it up ladies! XOXO

Last edited by Dorian5 : 06-06-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.