3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:59 AM   #136
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Jossfit: that looks like something that's a really weird dutch tradition, we have this deepfried dough balls that are called Oliebollen. We eat it with new years and only then. You can't even buy it any other time of the year. It's really taste wiht powdered sugar. But not more than one or maybe 2. Hihi.

philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #137
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Ok, I'll do personals later. I've had a crappy eating weekend- been within calories but too much booze salt and junk and I am at 135.8 this morning :-(.

I am committed to eat on plan today! Helping out at VBS today so I will be moving around and not in the vicinity of food.

Oh champagne, why you lead me so wrong???
Old 06-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #138
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post
This is my 3rd week in row where I come here and say I am really back on track now. LOL. Gosh, I don't know why it's so hard. I am detoxing today with just soup, soup and soup. Trying to really let the thought of what is healthy and good for my body sink in again. I have been feeling sick/nauseaus and tired with eating all the candy and hardly any veggies. I know the tremendous difference when I eat better. So, back to that again. Have to really find my motivation in that area because I am so comfortable with my current weight. But exercise is hard when I eat bad so I forgo that after junk-days. Which does not help in reaching my exercise goals.

Argh. Never mind me girls. I am just struggling in getting back on the healthy bandwagon.
I need to do this too. 3 days and I went from 133.6-135.8!!!!!!

Ok, I'm committing, to an on plan day today, tracking every calorie!
Old 06-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #139
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I was 128.0 this morning. Had a big Father's Day dinner yesterday and slept like a happy baby (despite weird bath salts-related dreams...). I went grocery shopping at 8:15 AM and man, it's the PERFECT time slot! They're just putting all the fresh stuff out and there are hardly any other shoppers.

After dinner we went to the big Asian supermarket and I loaded up on bok choy, kimchee, dumplings, peppers and some other goodies. They need to fix their mold problem though, I stuck my thumb into a rotten sweet potato and literally screamed, and found this hairy beast of a tomato:

crazygurl61 Hope you feel better! At least you didn't grossly overshoot your calorie allotment, so you know it's bloat.

philana Get back on the wagon! At least you're staying the same weight - I've never been able to be "derailed" longer than a week or two and not gain...

DottieMae Oh gosh hope your husband gets better!!! Brushing your teeth is a good tactic. I do that too when I feel nibbly at 11 PM. My first trip will be London to visit friends, but only for a long weekend or something sadly because vacation time is finite.

LeilaJey You'll get back into the groove. Fried butter is the American way!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/krampus
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #140
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Jossfit : thanx for the advices with the friend... She actually wrote to me and said that it was a nice move about going for a run early on saturday morning, because she almost died friday night doing it LOL I never thought about adding bacon crumbles to pancakes... must be DELICIOUS. And maple and bacon is one of my favorite savor mix ever

Leilajey : Must be in the water, a lot of us were all over the place in term of food this past month! I never mentioned that I LOVE your user picture. My family raises beef for a living. I love beef

DottieMae : Aww, so not cool about your hubby feeling sick! Is he getting any better?

krampus : a belly shirt, rock on!! that is some scary tomotoes, btw.

philana : it's so easy to fall from the wagon compared to hopping back on it! you'll get there, hold on!

crazygurl : join the ''the weekend was bad eating'' club lol

I had a weekend full of BBQ stuff (hamburger for lunch friday, healthy steack and veggies kebabs friday night, ribs at a bbq dinner at our place saturday (with tons of appetizers. that I MYSELF cooked. nobody else to blamed on that LOL) and hotdogs because it was so hot and we were so lazy last night) + beers on saturday night + way not enough water + not much pooping = I'm so BLOATED!

I jumped on the scale this morning after breakfast and all dressed up and I was at 140.6 pounds (compared to naked + starved usually). Don't know why I did that really, I know this number is bullsh*t. Oh well. The never ending story of the post weekend WI.

I think i was still not ''that bad'' in term of calories over all. Yesterday, I finished around 2300. saturday was probably more, but I ran 19k in the morning so it helped a lot.

the race is now in less than 2 weeks, 12 days exactly. I'm getting super exciteeeeeed

I also did NOTHING yesterday except laundry. I spent all the afternoon reading Game of Thrones on my deck in bikini. It's like the first time ever I'm okay wandering around with only a bikini on (even with the boyfriend). It felt like summer!

Wah, I was chatty today. Hope you're all having a great monday!

TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #141

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

I ate all weekend, and I'm having a horrible day and f*cking up at my job with important clients. F*ck.

Shedding for the wedding!

One bat for every 5 pounds lost!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #142
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

philana oh god, Olliebollen are so good! My diet on Dutch trips consisted mostly of vla and hagelslag. Healthy or what. Also there's definitely something in the air/water with getting back on track.. not sure what's going on, maybe it's just the time of year.

crazygurl Alcohol is my downfall too.. at least you were within calories so expect a whoosh!

krampus Holy ****, that's crazy! I got some crappy garlic the last day but you couldn't tell from the outside. Nice one on the belly top, that's great!

Turbo Yep, I'm on my second fruit scone while writing this.. :\ That's really cool! If I look out my window I can see the meat I'll be eating next year haha soo good. Did you grow up working with the cattle?

Dorian Sorry to hear that, Mondays are crap! Hope your day picked up anyway.

Jossfit Great to see that you're motivated and back on plan! Just wanted to say that your transformation is seriously one of the most inspiring ones that I've ever seen. Love your tattoos too!

----

As I said above I'm eating my second fruit scone with butter while typing this.. whyyy? I was doing great all day and now this. It wouldn't be so bad but I've been barely exercising lately. The weather has been so crap lately and I'm not near a gym/have a membership. Sucks. I have a mini stepper thing but by the evenings I'm too tired usually. Ok ok making excuses!

I don't have any interesting news or anything.. serious lack of pooping though

I think when people tell me that they've noticed my weightloss I think it's ok to eat more.. and I think that's what's happening now. So frustrating as it's really nice when people notice. I was away for a few days and when I came home my boyfriend said I looked smaller again even though the scale was roughly the same. So now I'm thinking it's fine to continue eating more and more and more. Hence the 2 fruit scones..

I'm so bloated.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #143
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Dorian5

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/krampus
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #144

Height: 5'4

It doesn't look like a super happy Monday around the Feather's Chat... I'm sorry that so many of you seem to be having less than stellar days today! I didn't start things off on the best foot either; I've still got that chest cold and it's not bad during the day, but I've been taking Nyquil every night to help me sleep.
Last night I decided not to take any because I had to work today and didn't want to have any trouble getting up at 0400 to hit the gym... bad call! Instead I ended up staying awake half the night and slept through my alarm this morning! I still managed to squeeze in a workout, but it was half-assed and came on the tail end of chugging my coffee. I HATE being rushed in the mornings. Thats my "me" time and I need it.

I was OP all weekend and haven't had any issues in that regard. I ate a bit high in calories on Saturday but just evened it out on Sunday. I went out to see Snow White and the Hunstsman with a girlfriend and had lunch afterward. We went to Panera Bread, and even though the pastries and big carby sandwiches were eye-****ing me, I went with a 1/2 size Thai Chopped chicken salad without wonton strips and no cashews. Nice.

---------------------------------------------------

Krampus - Well look at you with your belly shirt and money bags! It sounds like you had a pretty great weekend. I haven't been to a farmer's market in so long, and I would love to. There is a farm not to far from me that I want to go check out one of these weekends that has amazing strawberries and all kinds of goodies. The only problem is that I don't eat all that much, and I don't have anyone to share my produce haul with!

Philana - Is there something else in those balls? They look like they might have raisins or chocolate chips or some other kind of deliciousness in there.
Without getting all psych doc. on you, what do you think the issue is with your struggles lately? Is there something about the weekends specifically that's knocking you off of your plan? Are you being REALLY naughty or just sort of? I'd hate to think you were being overly hard on yourself... We're human, and sometimes we struggle. The fact that you keep trying even though you don't feel like it right now says so much about you. Just keep at it!

Crazygurl - I'm sure some of that is bloat, and what isn't bloat will come off quickly... no worries! **** I gained 3.4 pounds of no-kidding REAL weight (that's after the bloat disappeared) from 3 days last weekend! You've got this, and I'm sure you had a good time from the sound of it.

Turbo - It sounds like you had a fun weekend too! Well, 'tis the season for BBQ and bikinis, and you got to enjoy both! Ugh, I have to wear one in about 32 days (not that I'm counting) in front of what seems like the entire world! Not to add any extra pressure, huh?? Don't worry about that Monday WI... drop in the bucket my dear.

Dorian - What happened?! I'm sorry you're having a rotten day! You know this is the place to vent if you need to. I just hope you aren't beating yourself up too much over some dietary choices over the weekend... we all know that anything you do in a weekend can be undone in a week or two. Try not to stress it!

Leila - Thank you so much for the compliments! I am the same way... when I get down to a low weight or feel like I'm doing really well, I tend to see that as an excuse to overeat. You know what though? I've stopped feeling guilty about it! Recently I realized that I don't HAVE to feel guilty. What's the point of being in great shape if I never think it's good enough and never let myself enjoy my food? Sometimes I just want to eat some cheesecake and ice cream, and I'm going to do it and not feel bad! If I gain some weight, so what? I know I can lose it again. Enjoy those scones from time to time!

(LOL, now this past weekend is notwithstanding... I didn't feel guilty until I gained nearly 4 pounds and have a serious wedding dress deadline coming up. USUALLY though, I am much better about not feeling guilty. )
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:54 AM   #145
say what?

crazy: sorry to hear about your weekend - alcohol will do that to you! It's always nice that every day can be a new day . How did your on plan day go?

krampus: omg, that sounds delish! I need to go into chinatown again and stock up on stuff. And I think in the end I did gain 2lbs. But those are the to be expected 2lbs when you go from diet-mode to eating junk. The carbs and stuff. Everytime I go off-track I go up at most 2lbs.

Turbo: I am SO EXCITED for you. LOL. You are doing awesome on the running. I got stuck at 12km and then got my roadbike. Hihi. NEed to keep working at it though since I plan to do a half marathon in november. And am registered for a 16k in September. And doing nothing-days are the best days. Except when there'a too many of them and you know you should be doing something. Hihi.

Leila: I so hear you about eating bad and not exercising in one sentence. For me the two go hand in hand. When I work my behind off it feels like a waste to eat too much because I just spent hours sweating the calories. But when I don't exercise, I get lazy. And then I have so much junk in my system I don't wanna exercise till I ate clean for a day because I know what exercise on a cean body and on a junk filled body feels like. Vicious circle. The weather has been CRAP here too. Just rain, rain and rain. I can take cold. I can take wind. I can take anything, but I hate the rain. When oh when is spring gonna start? Temperature wise it has. But dang the rains.

Dorian: BIG HUGS! Hope today is better?

Jossfit: I admire your dedication! Getting up early is really not my thing. But then I work late eve's/nights a lot. The off-the-wagon has been sort of... not goin gover calories massively. Not like a big binge party, I don't have binge issues. It's more just being lazy and eating the junk stuff. And then allowing myself chips (my biggest downfall) because I've been eating not-so-good. I think I found my way back again though. - Oh, and the oliebollen come in 2 varieties, one without the raisins and one with. With is best if you ask me! Hihi. It's also the time of year where we have deepfried applebeignets and waffles and stuff.

--
It's been only one day, but I am pretty sure I am back again. I ate about 1200 calories yesterday, that's very low for me but I needed it to show myself I can make the right choices. And any more calories would have left room for bad stuff next to my 3 meals. Today I am just gonna do the 1450 again. Or 1600. I dunno yet. We'll see. The reason I know I am back on track is because even after such a big day of hydrating and eating right my scale stuck at 61kg. I was so happy to finally be below 60kg that this annoys me. Hihi. Also, taking time to do personals here means I am ready to visit frequently again and keep up with you gals!

I worked a half night shift, now I work from 1pm till 5pm and tomorrow I start at 9am. I hate my job and the irregular times. But I want to squeeze in exercise tonight. It should be perfectly possible. My body feels better and I really need to run again. I've not been running in 3 weeks. Mostly because I got my roadbike and if the weather permits I rather be on that than hitting the pavement. Hihi.

Last edited by philana; 06-19-2012 at 05:55 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #146
keep going

JossFit Blah, chest colds are the worst! Do you have access to a steam room? My lungs are feeling bad I get some fresh spearmint leaves and put them in boiling water and breathe in the vapour with a towel over my head.. ha, it can be good for your skin too hope it clears up anyway. 4am? Even if I was the picture of health I don't think I could wake up at 4am!

Thanks, mostly I have a good attitude to eating something nice and not feeling guilty as long as it's not a binge but yesterday I was just stuffing them into myself after dinner and not enjoying it at all. I'm sure if there was more than 2 in the house I would have eaten them too.

Philana Well done for sticking to 1200 calories! I'm the same, the worse I eat the less I exercise.. slippery slope indeed! Every time I've eaten something not so great I tell myself 'I'll work it off later'.. except I definitely never do. Bad attitude to have really. Ahh I know, I think I'll have to leave Ireland and live somewhere that's sunny every day just to experience it. Yesterday it was 1degree colder than it was on Christmas day. Our weather sucks right now.

--

Back to 151. I'm gonna go cycling now even if it's raining, I just remembered my mum gave me this hilarious yellow rain poncho so that'll do. No point sitting inside looking out the window all morning.

Also I didn't win the lottery, dammit..I thought I'd be in there for sure after the week I had. it's all about the story. First I was at the meat counter and the lady dropped the roll of bags onto one of the meat forks which flipped up over the counter and stuck through my hair! Luckily it wasn't my neck.. anyway, nothing like a bit of raw lamb to work through those split ends. Then I had a tyre blow out the next day. I thought it was really funny, and driving with your hazard lights on means that cars stay the **** away from you haha.. well that and the smoking tyre.. I wonder if there was sparks?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #147
keep going

Also if anybody has any advice on a multi gym that I wanna buy I'd really appreciate the input. I need an all over body thing for my bumpy wobbly bits. My price limit is around 200euro too.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...eightloss.html

Thanks ladies xx
Old 06-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #148

S/C/G: 146/127.9/120

Dorian5 - hugs. hope today is going better for you.

krampus - I love shopping in the morning but rarely do it. i'm such a night owl and usually lounge in my pjs until 10am (even though I've usually been up since 6/6:30 due to the little one. That tomato is scary!

TurboMammoth - yay bikini! yay Game of Thrones. I haven't read the books, but would like to. However I know that with my limited time I won't. I sort of gave up on reading until the kiddo is older. I do some audio books while I'm working though. Weighing at a different time of day totally throws you. I do it sometimes and then get mad at myself. Good luck with your upcoming race!

JossFit - Aww, feel better soon. Are you using a vaporizer/humidifier? That might help. Plus lots of green tea & honey if you're achy.

philana - good luck sticking to 1200. I've rarely done that - just get too hungry! I'd rather bike than run any day. My husband wants to get me a new bike so we can go biking as a family. I have a really nice road bike from when I used to do triathlons (years ago!) but it's not the sort of, go along for a nice family bike ride thing. He wanted to get it for my birthday but wasn't sure which one I'd like. I found one but it's a bit pricey. Not sure if I should be thrifty or just buy the one I'm drooling over. I think this orange one is really sharp. http://www.electrabike.com/Bikes/ams...-ladies-191058

LeilaJey - sounds like quite a story - there was actually raw meat flung at you??

Went to Bikram last night and dropped 1.5 from yesterday. Totally water weight but I couldn't believe my eyes when the scale (ok, Wii Fit) said 132.5. What? I'm guessing that will all be erased once I'm hydrated but it sort of pushed me to try and keep it there by being 'extra' on plan today. I already entered my calories into my tracker for the day so I know exactly what I can eat.

One thing that struck me this am was: when I reach maintenance I don't know what I'll do. I'm realizing that I could eat an extra 500-600 calories a day. That's like a whole extra meal or two big snacks. I'm wondering what people do - just increase the portion size of their meals? Have a cookie? Just curious. That seems like so much extra food right now! (maybe I'm just dreaming of those extra calories though - haha)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

September Daily Weigh In

August Daily Weigh In 2.9lbs lost!

July Daily Weigh In 3.8lbs lost!

June Daily Weigh In 3.6lbs lost!

May Daily Weigh In: 6.2lbs lost!
DottieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #149

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Yesterday got better. I ate a lot this weekend, but nothing to be done about it now. I woke up yesterday morning so upset because I dreamed that I had gotten on the scale and it said I weighed 201 lbs after eating all weekend and I was so confused. Even after actually being awake for a while it was hard to figure out that it wasn't real.

Saturday I had some salmon and a bite or two of my boyfriend's steak and a little bit of mac and cheese and salad... it really wasn't bad at all, except that I had my cake and icecream and half of my boyfriend's cake and icecream. BUT we had skipped lunch with everything going on. AND I took a 1 hour walk with the beau's mom. I just ended up drinking too much, I definitely woke up and got sick at 2am. At least everyone was asleep, that would have been embarrassing. Oddly, though, I never felt even a little buzzed? I wasn't drunk at all, I think maybe the wine was too cheap and made me ill.

They had me covering someone else's workflow yesterday that I was barely trained on and it was giving me a hard time, haha. I eventually got everything taken care of and it was all fine, just had a mini freak out there for a moment.

Beau made big ribeye steaks last night, I stir-fried broccoli and peppers with some soy sauce and teriyaki sauce and made scalloped potatoes. Ate LOTS of stir fry, a serving of potatoes, and only half of the steak. Managed 2 big glasses of wine, but it still only put me at about 1400. Tonight is turkey kielbasa pasta andsalad.

----

TurboMammoth -- The strawberry shortcake I normally make uses whipped cream, but I had to find one that would be able to travel in a car 2 hours without melting. But if I had a choice, whipped cream is the way to go for strawberry cakes! Yum. I'm excited for your race!! I'm sure you were adorable on your deck in a bikini reading.

DottieMae - YES, instead of Grand Marnier (didn't have any) I used a splash of the limoncello the boyfriend's boss sent home. It was DELICIOUS! So impressed still with your Bikram!!! As far as the extra calories to maintain... when I was maintaining well, it was because I was still on my "diet" calories all week and ate whatever I wanted on the weekends, and that's how I balanced everything. That's probably not the way to do it, but I was maintaining like that for about 8 months. (Which is why I'm spinning my wheels now! )

philana - You can get back on the horse, you've got this! Those dough balls look amazing, like funnel cakes. I'm sorry to hear about your crazy hours. Sounds like you're back on plan already, though!

crazygurl61 - That water weight will be gone before you know it! Champagne often leads me astray as well.

Krampus - That tomato is soooo, so sick. I am so impressed about the belly shirt, that's awesome! Thanks for the hugs yesterday, I needed them.

Jossfit - yuck, I am so sorry to hear about the cold! Your Panera sounds awesome, I LOVE their food, and that Thai Chopped Chicken Salad is what I get more than anything else too (sans wonton strips of course)

LeilaJey - So sorry you didn't win the lottery! The yellow rain poncho made me laugh -- but way to go for not making excuses not to get out there! Thank goodness that fork speared your hair and not your jugular/face/eyes...

Keep it up everyone!

Shedding for the wedding!

One bat for every 5 pounds lost!

Last edited by Dorian5; 06-19-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #150

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Hey Guys - Just checking in because I never did! I'm taking a maintenance break for a while and not thinking about weight loss. I was tired of thinking about it all the time and still not losing any weight. I'm trying the whole intuitive eating approach and continuing with my workouts.

I'm might start posting again in a bit, have a great summer!!