Bras - Does band size change after those last few?

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Wait wait wait... I looked on Marks & Spencer's chart, and they told me I was a 34B again.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Bras-...elp/b/47648031

Will the confusion ever end? lol Are they just trying to squeeze us into standard sizes? But if they make 28DD or whatever, why do that? What am I to believe? Strife!

Edit: I ordered a 30D M&S bra on ebay for $6... at least it's a starting point. Maybe I can see how other brands compare, even if it doesn't fit...
  • The adding inches to your ribcage measurement is off and outdated. So if you find a sizing chart that tells you to do that, RUN! It's usually wrong.

They do make 28DD, just anything below a 32 band is generally hard to come by as the manufactures think it's only for juniors. If you go back to runningfromfat's blog she has a link to the bra band project, which has pictures of women with 30 bands and below to show the variety of body shapes that have 30, 28, 26 and below bra bands.

I've gone into the 28 band realm too, but since I'm at 29" for my ribcage I generally buy 30 bands because they're a bit easier to come by.
  • I finally got my $6 30D Marks & Spencer bra from Asia... It seems to basically fit, but I'm getting a little spillage... I don't know if that's just a brand issue or what. :/
  • Spillage sounds more like a too small cup size to me. I bet it will fit fine when you hit 125.
  • Maybe try a 30DD or 30E.. it's hard to know if a few more pounds will make much of a difference. If you can get some more cheap ones it's probably worth it just to find out!

I very suddenly seem to have lost 2" from my underbust measurement and it's now 31". I didn't measure my bust for some reason (totally scared haha) but it sucks because now my 32D bras don't fit right..bah! Oh well, I'll wait a while longer and see what happens.
  • Finding a bra after weight loss has been absolutely the hardest and most annoying thing. I lost all of my weight in my boobs, then I got breast augmentation. My friends do not believe me when I tell the, how hard it is to find bras and swimsuits that fit, because I am now a 32G or 30H. Even though my letter is "big", I don't have these ginormous bosoms!!! LOL

The difference between my rib cage and my bust is large....that is why I am a G/H. Finding a bathing suit has almost been worse. I finally found a strapless bikini top to vary my tan lines, and I had to buy an XL top and then actually tie the back instead of hook it. All of the smaller sizes that would fit my rib age wouldn't even cover my nips. Ha ha! Scandalous.
  • Quote: I finally got my $6 30D Marks & Spencer bra from Asia... It seems to basically fit, but I'm getting a little spillage... I don't know if that's just a brand issue or what. :/
    If your boobs are spilling out, the cup size is too small (but since you're losing weight, you might shrink into it). If you're spilling out around the band a little, it could be breast tissue that has lost its way. It'll find its way back when you wear the right bra for a while.
  • I highly suggest looking up a bra store near you - google some to see what's close by. They exist but many people don't talk about them. Also some more 'romance-y' stores specialize in everyday bras too - one near me does bridal, lingerie and everyday stuff. Anyway, the prices, well, they're going to be steep. But you're going to get a great 1:1 consultation and go through a bunch of bras to find a good fit. If it's a good store they won't be pushy and will write down what seemed to work in store for you. Purchase one, wear it and see how it feels. Then go back in a month and try some others on. If you like the original one they can always order (or you can) the nice colors/sizes so you're not stuck with just white/beige/black.

I've been measured at VS several times and each time the measurements are different. I even had a woman tell me I was an A cup once, which uh, I haven't been since I was maybe 11. And even if you do get a good woman to measure you there, chances are they won't have your size. They tend not to go beyond D in their stores and even then the colors are limited. Anything over D and you have to order from them online anyway which means you won't get to try anything on.
  • I realized after buying it that it's meant for juniors. I don't know if that makes a difference, or if that's just who the band size is usually marketed to.

I can fit about 2 fists under the band, and it still rides up... granted the straps are a little tight and probably not helping. I guess this one is a bust. Should I try a 28 band next?

I found a great site that shows women with different bra sizes, but I can't decide who I look like. http://balkonetka.pl/katalog/size Overall I thought the 30Ds looked like me, but this particular 30D bra isn't fitting. I guess 28DD or 28E is next... getting there!

I did Google bra stores, and it seems there's only one in the state that will do proper fittings, but the reviews aren't that great. I could go there, but it's a drive... I'd also like to not spend very much at the moment.
  • At the same weight, when I first lost I was a 34B. I got measured at VS as a 32B and a fancy bra shop as a 30B, but the fancy bra shop person measured me really tight and when she put me in a 32 B bra at the smaller "nook" (closest they had to a 30B) I was seriously spilling out from the sides and back, even after some adjustments. She said "its ok its not fat, it fits you" but I was like hmmm i don't know because I really don't put much of my weight there, esp now. I have a pretty solid back and it takes a lot of cinching to get spillage. Don't think that I am a 30B...
    oh well I always wear sports bras anyways. BAH.
  • Bra stores that stock the lower band sizes are hard to find. I live in NY and there are none near me. I would have to go to Manhattan and I find that the cost of getting there is greater than the cost of buying bras online.

28 and 30 bands aren't just for juniors—but the manufactures seem to think so.

I know how you feel. I can't spend a lot of $$$ right now either so I've been wearing my 30F and 30FF bras even though they don't fit quite right (I think I need a 28F, 28FF, or 30E). I need to go hunting for some good bras and look for coupons...
  • Hehe this thread is perfect. I just got myself measured for the first time after losing. I've known I've needed new bras for a while, I've got a pretty big gap in all of my bras now but I was hesitating in case more comes off over these last few ibs.

Turns out I'm a 30 DD now. The shop that measured me didn't have my size so I've bought a few bras from Freya online, but they haven't arrived yet so I can't vouch for the quality. Will try Marks and Spencers too.

I've been pretty excited about the Victoria Secret that's opening in London but now I think they don't do my size. :S does anyone have any recommendations for brands that do unusual sizes but still do really nice bras?
  • I finally found the perfect bras at Nordstroms. VERY good fitting. They were crazy expensive, but very good quality. I got my sports bras online from Linda the Bra Lady.
  • I remeasured myself and my underbust was actually 28.5". I might go to Nordstroms and see if they have 28 bands... It's crazy to think I'm still wearing my old 36B bras... maybe they basically fit me at one point, but not anymore.

I just don't really like ordering on eBay if I can't try it on. Maybe if I try some on at a store I can find them on eBay... I'd feel kinda bad walking out of a store like that, but I'm on a budget!
  • In the UK you have lots of options for unusual sizes and cute bras. Try brastop.com just to get an idea of what's available out there. The curvy kate bras look cute (and colourful!) to me, although I haven't tried any of them yet. I seem to be rapidly shrinking in cup size, so I want to wait until I'm closer to goal to buy some new bras.