3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Running Featherweights :)

Old 02-22-2014, 12:01 PM   #46

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

LongColdWinter, you sound like me -- I like to set all sorts of time and distance goals. Keeps in interesting (especially if you're running on the treadmill!).

I'm in a bit of a bind running-wise. I'm registered for a 1/2 marathon in two weeks. I was on the east coast for ~11 days this month and barely got to run, between the weather and other things. Then, this week, I came down with strep throat and have been in bed for days in a row. So the two weeks that should have been my highest mileage were basically wiped out. I guess I'll still do the race and just walk if I have to, but that hurts my pride a lot. :-) I hesitated to register just knowing I wouldn't PR, so the thought that it might be my slowest ever is a tough pill to swallow. Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with walking in a race of any distance -- it's just not what I had in mind this time out.

Hopefully I can run tomorrow, we'll see how I feel...
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.