3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Running Featherweights :)

Old 05-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #16
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Ange, that is awesome!! You have about 2.5 months to get ready, you'll kill this!

Last edited by TurboMammoth : 05-18-2013 at 08:52 AM.
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #17
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Heallau running feathers,

Ever since I was a kid I was able to run for hours. I might not have been the fastest girl but always the first to cross the goal line since everybody else would be out of breath.

I never participated in any races or anything. I only ran the treadmill for a couple of months back in 2007. Then in summer of 2011, I'd jog on a trail right outside our house and now, since January 2013, I've been going to the gym again where I run the treadmill about 3 times a week. My DH is always super impressed with how I run even though I don't think it's anything special.
Usually, without warm-ups and cool downs, I run anywhere between 6.5 mph and 7.5 mph with a few minutes of 8 mph, depending on my mood. On Friday I ran a 10k, well - 6.2 miles - on the treadmill in 51:30 min and thought that was awesome, lol. I was super proud of myself but now I'm suffering from some serious outer foot pain. I'm not surprised though - my running shoes are from Target and 6.2 miles is probably the longest I've ever done. It only hurts when I walk and I literally feel nothing once there's no pressure on my foot. (On a side note - does anyone know if I can ride the stationary bike with this pain or should I really just lay in bed all day and wait for it to eventually go away? I can't go to the doctors since I have no insurance or money. I rode the stationary bike yesterday and felt no pain at all but I'm not sure if I should do it anyways.)

Well, that's my story!

Mini-Goal #1 - 137 lbs
Mini-Goal #2 - 133 lbs
Mini Goal #3 - 128 lbs
Mini Goal #4 - 123 lbs
Final Goal
- FIT and HAPPY
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #18

S/C/G: 146/re-start:132/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

I just ran my first 5k in years. It was a bit painful, but I am happy with my time 28:44. Hoping that for my next one I can chop off 30 seconds-1 minute.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:47 AM   #19
lets get started...

Height: 5'4"

whoh - great effort seize. Took me about 32min to do the same today, which was a minute faster than last week, and am on a mission to get under 30 within the next week or two! Only problem is that after weeks and weeks of perfect dry sunny weather, it's started chucking it down today and rain's here to stay for a while (not that i mind running in the rain when i'm out there, its just the getting out there that's hard!)

stay on plan : go for a run : rediscover wardrobe!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #20

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

I ran a half marathon about a month ago, and then I pretty much took a break after that, due to muscle aches and then illness. I'm planning on gently reintroducing running again, like by just doing some walk and runs for awhile and slowly building back up to 30 minutes straight and then adding mileage! In addition, I take longish walks with friends in the summer, like 6 miles (or 10K).
Mini-goal 4 = 133
Mini-goal 5 = 125
Goal for real= 120

olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange82much View Post
whoh - great effort seize. Took me about 32min to do the same today, which was a minute faster than last week, and am on a mission to get under 30 within the next week or two! Only problem is that after weeks and weeks of perfect dry sunny weather, it's started chucking it down today and rain's here to stay for a while (not that i mind running in the rain when i'm out there, its just the getting out there that's hard!)
Thanks! It took me a few months of consistent runs to get it to 28-29 mins, from my original run time which was pretty slow (well over 40 mins...) I am terrible about running at a consistent and steady pace, I tend to start with a slow jog, and then bump it up after a half mile or so until I hit 1 mile, and then go back down to a slow jog for a while, etc. until I get to the last 1/2 mile, which I tend to run as hard as I can. I feel like keeping a steady medium-fast jog, would help improve my time, but my stamina fades and I tend to need a slow down here and there so I can fix my breathing etc.

I am having the reverse problem with weather, it was a nice cool (and sometimes rainy) 40-50 degrees the last few months, and I got accustomed to running in that type of weather. Recently, our weather has kicked up to high 70's/low 80's and I find that the humidity/heat tires me out quicker (and makes me incredibly sweaty...).
Old 05-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #22
young and sweeeet only 17

S/C/G: 140/130/110

Smile

Working on hitting 30 miles a week and running a half marathon this year! Took some time off this winter and got into a running slump. Used to be able to do 10 miles fairly easily and now six is difficult, but I'm working my way back up! Oh how I wish running was like riding a bike - being able to pick up right where you left off even if you haven't ridden in years. Oh well. I guess one of the positives of it NOT being like that is it forces you to be dedicated and consistent.

What are everyone's summer running plans?

Since I won't be in school I am planning on running at least a mile every day of the summer. I did that last summer and it was awesome! It felt so nice getting into a routine. It became very effortless. Get up, rub the sleep out of my eyes, lace up shoes, go for a run, feel myself fully wake up in the morning air and sunshine, and continue on with my day. (:
SwallowedintheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:33 AM   #23

My summer goal is to exercise 4-5 times a week. I kickbox too so I want to try and do about half kickboxing and half running. Sometimes a do a really short run 1-2 miles before/after a kickboxing class but normally I don't have enough time between work/kboxing/evening plans to fit it in.

Right now I think 8 miles a week is a reasonable goal for me (not very much, I know) but by the end of the summer I would like to double that.

I reeeeally need new running shoes. Any advice on running shoe brands/styles?
Old 05-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #24
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/131/125

Height: 5'5"

I like Brooks Ghost I do a lot of dirt trail running,but have really screwed up feet I have been a waitress for 20 years.These work great for me. I run any where from 10 to 20 miles a week. Sometimes more sometimes less time factor.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by devadiva View Post
I like Brooks Ghost I do a lot of dirt trail running,but have really screwed up feet I have been a waitress for 20 years.These work great for me. I run any where from 10 to 20 miles a week. Sometimes more sometimes less time factor.
Thanks for the tip. I think I'm going to go out and buy new shoes today (maybe that will help motivate me to run this evening).
Old 05-31-2013, 03:56 PM   #26

I run in Nike LunarGlide. Love them, I love how they fit around my ankle. I'll need to change them after my race next month though, their mileage is creeping up quickly

Good luck finding the perfect shoes!

Old 06-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #27

It was pouring rain when I left work, so I didn't end up buying shoes/running... but I am going to keep both of those shoe brands/styles in mind when I do get to the store... hopefully soon.

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2013, 01:45 AM   #28

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Hello running feathers! Hope to be able to post in here more regularly.

Just went to Fleet Feet (local running store) and went through their multi-stage fitting process, and took the plunge with the ASICS Kayano 19. (I'm an over-pronator w. mild stability issues) They have me in a full size larger than I would normally wear (10 as opposed to a 9/9.5).

Went for a quick mile this evening and so far, so good. I love the way they fit in the heel (memory foam) but with the extra arch support, I find the outside edge of my foot starting to cramp. Hopefully that'll go away as I get used to them.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexistrophic View Post

Just went to Fleet Feet (local running store) and went through their multi-stage fitting process, and took the plunge with the ASICS Kayano 19. (I'm an over-pronator w. mild stability issues) They have me in a full size larger than I would normally wear (10 as opposed to a 9/9.5).

Went for a quick mile this evening and so far, so good. I love the way they fit in the heel (memory foam) but with the extra arch support, I find the outside edge of my foot starting to cramp. Hopefully that'll go away as I get used to them.
Glad to see you back, girl

Hope your feet will feel the shoes better soon!

Old 06-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #30
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/131/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexistrophic View Post

My running store will take them back and give you another kind to try.I took mine back after a week of running,I can not even remember what they had originally put me in.But they had me try the Brooks Ghost,I am on 3 pair.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.