3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

May Feather's Chat!

Old 05-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #91
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

krampus- LOL. that happened to me once, we were in the philippines visiting family and i had a to have a second wedding reception there and the makeup artist who was a drag queen also made me look like one!

philana- thanks for the vote of confidence. you are doing really well!

turbo- i hope your glasses stuff gets sorted soon.

crazygurl- it sounds like you had a great time!

so this week has been tough work wise. last night i decided to let loose and hit a gastropub for a late dinner with the husband. i finished my first ever full glass of wine without feeling sick and had a good time.

on a side note: have you ever been disliked by coworkers for doing a good job?
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #92
Eat Big to Stay Small

S/C/G: 160+/116/114

Height: 5'5

pixellate Those dresses aren't flattering on anyone! Seriously that's the worst style. As for your knees, do you run or do lower body weights or anything? Obviously it's not the same as sucking the fat off with a vacuum but it might speed things up.

jayohwhy First ever full glass of wine?! Wow.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/krampus
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #93
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I am just on my game again!

Went running 3 times this week, swimming once, to the gym this evening. Gonna go skating tomorrow and do my weights and sunday I am gonna run 12.5k. HA! Also weighed in at 134 this morning. Solidly. So that's cool. I am pretty convinced that if I keep it up I can reach my 125 goal by the end of june like I want to and my 120 goal by my bday the end of july. Yay!

philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #94
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

pixellate : I do agree with krampus, those dress look cute on models and that's pretty much the only people that they fit well LOL

philana : right on girl!

jayo : sometimes letting loose it all you need!

WI at 134.4 this morning, so that 0.6 lbs since last friday WI. Totally cool with that. I'm thinking about starting the maintaining part pretty soon anyway.

I went grocery shopping and I have the firm intention of indulging tonight on some kind of special K new crackers that taste like chips. I'll probably scream about the scream and water retention but of well. I feel I need the indulging part after this crappy week

TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #95
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! You are all doing so well unlike me. I feel stuck :-(. Holding steady at 137.8 this am. Sore and probably a little bloated but I did not overindulge. Getting ready to go out to a bar for dinner- having a salad or something healthy!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #96

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'11

Hi everyone! Sorry I fell off the face of the earth for a few days... But I'm back! Finals were crazy so I didn't get on 3FC much, but now that I'm home fore the summer I'll have lots of time to check in! Sounds like everyone's doing great! Krampus great job staying in the 120s! crazygurl, i feel stuck too! it is so hard to keep up healthy habits when people around you are doing so well and you are just not! it should be the opposite - i'm trying to see others success as an inspiration, but lately i've just been feeling sorry for myself and then turning to food. my dad's lost almost 100 pounds now! he looks amazing and i'm trying to turn to him for help/advice/motivation.
i'm going to England next month which has really helped to motivate me. i've been doing really well with exercise (jillian michaels ripped in 30 every day, running 5 days a week, and strength training three days a week) but i've been eating my way through these workouts temptation seems to be everywhere. i got in a car accident last night, which has seemed to completely take away my appetite (at least for today) so i'm hoping it will stay that way and it translates into some seriously weight loss! then at least one good thing will come out of the accident!
magsabags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #97
Eat Big to Stay Small

magsabags Are you OK after the accident?!

Ate EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD yesterday, but TOM came. Not being pregnant is worth feeling gross and fat as a result of inhaling party food. Very high weigh-in this morning - 131.0, blech.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #98
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Hey everyone!! Back into the chat and time to catch up

I love the warm weather! I'm so glad I bought shorts, haha! Although I am addicted to buying clothes now...lucky there is an outlet mall near my fiance.

I was going through my photos and I couldn't believe the difference in myself. Still can't quite wrap my head around how much smaller I am.

I just updated my goal post because I don't have a picture of me at 115lbs there. Here's me on a recent shopping trip:

Also I HAVE A BIKINI. I managed to find a nice bottom that is reminiscent of retro bikinis (because there is wayyy too much loose skin otherwise, haha, maybe next year I'll wear something skimpier ). I can't wait to wear it

jayowhy - I do a lot of my eating earlier in the day and I like it. I do a reverse IF usually, where I end eating for the day at around 5 or 6pm and don't start up again for 12 hours later. I wake up hungry too, and I've always been that way

And the wine...oh gosh, I think the last time I had a full glass of wine was four years ago, LOL. I cannot handle my alcohol.

krampus - ugh stupid TOM, feel better!

TurboMammoth - congrats on the loss!

DottieMae - The Spartan Race sounds fun I'm JUST teaching myself how to respond to hunger cues and all that. It's been hard to undo a lifetime of bad eating habits, but it's been a learning experience.

Lisa - congrats on being a research assistant!!

philana - Sometimes I get into that mode too, where I'm not getting enough calories. Good luck.

crazygurl61 - sounds like you had a fun time

pixelllate - I bet you looked great in the dress right now! But I totally understand your frustration! good luck!!

magsabags - I hope you're ok!!

Last edited by sontaikle : 05-13-2012 at 10:03 PM.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #99

S/C/G: 146/127.9/120

Height: 5'4"

magsabags - oh no, hope you're ok (and not too much damage to the car). Jealous of your upcoming trip to England. I love to travel.

krampus - I'm sure that number will drop in a day or two. Party food is tough to avoid.

sontaikle - you look adorable and I love your hair!

I felt like this weekend was pretty good to me, other than the slight fever I was running earlier today. Managed to avoid some pretty bad foods on Saturday. But what did the husband & son decide to get me for Mother's Day? AN ICE CREAM MAKER! Gah! He KNOWS I'm on a diet, but sheepishly said, "but I know you mentioned wanting one a couple of months ago..." Of course the 4 year old was jumping up and down - let's make ice cream mommy! I only at about half a cup but man was it good.

Stayed solidly around 140 this weekend but hoping I don't jump up too much tomorrow!

September Daily Weigh In

August Daily Weigh In 2.9lbs lost!

July Daily Weigh In 3.8lbs lost!

June Daily Weigh In 3.6lbs lost!

May Daily Weigh In: 6.2lbs lost!
DottieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #100
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

crazygurl : don't panic to much on your weight when you're not at home : the stress doesn't worth it. make healthy choices and you'll get through it!

krampus : I ate all the things in the worlds too this weekend, I'm on the same boat as you.. oh god

magsabags : omg are you okay?

sontaikle : god you're so slim! I love the shorts!!

DottieMae : an ice cream maker? what a perfect gift to give to someone who's dieting LOL

Hey all! Hope you had a nice weekend.

Mine can sum up by : I hate too much (on saturday). But it was junk food at the stadium (a not so good hotdog, a piece of pizza (it was huge...) a beer, a diet coke, some doritos... seriously I felt my stomach had a hole an wasn't ever filling up. At least for diner we had some nice sushis and I did not eat to much of them (I had a piece of cake I baked to celebrate the boyfriend return...oh well)

At least I burned like 1000 calories with my 16k run yesterday but I was still up to 136.8 lbs this morning. I'm bloaty and really need to poop though... I'll drink tons of water in the next few days, the biggest part of it will eventually go away.

On the good side, the soccer game on saturday was awesome and the Montreal team tied up LA galaxy 1-1.

Plus Beckham is so freakin sexy, omg omg. Seemed to have a bit of a temper on the field but SO SEXY LOL

TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #101
Eat Big to Stay Small

130.5 this morning blargh but I got up and went to the gym and did my routine Monday workout before work because my uncle is visiting from Michigan this week. At least there's that, and I know my weight will go down as TOM cruises through and I eat vegetables again.

Me and mom from modeling thing w/ladyboy makeup:

sontaikle LOOK AT YOU!!! You look amazing and super fit!

DottieMae An ICE CREAM MAKER - dayum! Enjoy it!

TurboMammoth 16K is impressive! I'm so glad you got to see Beckham, he is a fox.

Last edited by krampus : 05-14-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #102
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

sontaikle- congrats on finding a bikini you like! i am looking for a cute bottom that covers stuff. i know i'm smaller now, but some bottoms seem too bare for me!

krampus- OH MAN you know that i understand that icky pms feeling. :/ i'm due to start on wednesday, and it's like, ugh!

turbo- nice job keeping active! beckham is definitely some eye candy!

dottie- good job keeping your portions in control, especially with freshly made ice cream around

crazygurl- keep at it, you've got this!

-------------------
this weekend was nonstop activity to the point where i didn't have time to work out. i went to a friend's birthday and my thin friends kept on telling me how thin i look. i think it helped with my body image issues- i know i'm thinner, but when it's someone larger who's saying it, i figure it's just because i'm smaller than them that i look quite thin, but when it's someone who's always been thin, it means something different to me, does that make sense?

it's also been weird to wrap my mind around the fact that instead of trying to adorn the body i've got (i.e. spending my time and money looking for more clothes, makeup, accesories, and getting pedicures), my taste has changed and i'd rather spend the money on a yoga class working out the body that is under the clothes?

maybe for me regular shopping, i.e. once a week, was a quick fix to make myself feel pretty/sexy again, versus now where i feel like there is something even more constructive i can do to make that happen.

i've been on the search for a more local yoga studio-- i was driving 17 miles to get to my other one and with traffic it was impossible to get out there and back and still have time for other things.

i bit the bullet and signed up for the 8 classes a month autopay contract at a studio that is literally a mile way from my house. it comes out to cheaper in the long run, and i'm actually excited to have a local studio!

i was away from my house all weekend and went two days without a BM. boo.

Last edited by jayohwhy : 05-14-2012 at 11:18 AM.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #103
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Thanks ladies!!

It's very gloomy today and I have come down with a little cold. I was hoping to make it through my first year of teaching without catching anything, but getting to May is an accomplishment! I'm probably going to head home soon and take a nap. Hopefully that'll clear this out. I already feel quite a bit better, so I think it's already on its way out.

DottieMae - I have an ice cream maker and I think it's the PERFECT thing for the summer!! There are some great recipes out there that let you make your own healthier version of ice cream. I'm planning on making some peanut butter banana ice cream with bananas and PB2! Healthy, low-cal and awesomely tasty!

TurboMammoth - oh god those huge slices of pizza, haha. They should be illegal. Congrats on the 16K!! Wow!!

krampus - You are beautiful!! I love that dress!

jayowhy - I totally get what you're saying. I have a good friend who is barely a 0, mostly 00 in most cases. She's always been very thin and is the exact same height as me (she barely weighs 100lbs, and I know this because she told me, haha). When SHE said "oh boy you look so good!!" or "you're so thin!!" I felt very different (in a good way) about my weight loss.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #104
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Just want to say hello to everybody - I haven't been here in forever. Once I hit goal I just sort of drifted away from the site. But I think I want to focus on trying to gain muscle - we'll see how that goes. Anyway, I happened to check the site today because my husband has decided that he wants to give a low-carb way of eating a try, and I figured 3FC would have some great tips that I can use when trying to plan meals to cook for him. I told him I would try it with him but now I'm not sure how wise that would be.

Anyway, hope everybody is doing well, and Krampus, you look awesome in that photo! So pretty.

Last edited by fivestone : 05-14-2012 at 01:33 PM.
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #105

S/C/G: 146/127.9/120

Height: 5'4"

Ignore this post if you like. I'm trying not to think about food so figured I'd write something here instead!

I just ate my afternoon snack (hard boiled egg & whole wheat crackers) about an hour early because I feel so hungry. Ha, and remember last week when I was so full I couldn't eat another bite.... Countdown to dinnertime...3 more hours! Oh and hoping the scale shows a nice drop tomorrow.

Here's hoping you guys are having less trouble sticking to your diets today. I'm so scatterbrained and can't focus!

September Daily Weigh In

August Daily Weigh In 2.9lbs lost!

July Daily Weigh In 3.8lbs lost!

June Daily Weigh In 3.6lbs lost!

May Daily Weigh In: 6.2lbs lost!
DottieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.