3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

May Feather's Chat!

Old 05-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #76
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

krampus-- you are definitely out of the 130s, chick! great job!

turbo- good job on the intervals! i think you're going to rock that half (if you decide to do it)

jennybee- hi! and welcome! i did the new rules for awhile. it is very detailed but i did enjoy it and was surprised at how quickly i got into lifting heavy!

philana- congrats on being lighter. if only venting burned a lot of calories, i would be so thin right now!

alexis- you've totally got this!

this whole week i've been eating most of my calories before 3pm which leads me to eat lighter at night and then i'm hungrier in the morning. i'm not sure how i feel about this..

i had a super crappy day yesterday. nothing seemed to go right and by the time i got home i was thinking of going to get korean barbecue. my husband was down for it, but i knew that we had tons of yummy organic veggies in the fridge (i get delivery every 2 weeks), that were waiting to be cooked! it took me two hours to overcome my exhaustion but when i did, i made a huge pot of vegetable soup and a side of sauteed zucchini. i separated 5 lunch portions of the soup for work in the upcoming days!

my foot is really starting to hurt again, which means no running. however, i scheduled myself for hot yoga sessions both today and tomorrow and am itching to burn some extra calories. i think it might help my mood. at least i hope so.

i'm back down to about 135 (yay!) but it seems that getting down to 130 is impossible! either i don't have the discipline and/or my body is not cooperating.

i'm pretty sure i'm PMSing which could lead to my usual frustrations..
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #77

Height: 5'3.25''

jayohwhy-bulgogi!! I was always thinking about trying Korean bbq, but I have to travel a little for it and I am too lazy LOL. Maybe its a good thing in the end though because I gotta buckle down to lose the last lbs
krampus-I always feel somewhat accomplished (and much lighter) after a big #2 haha

I listened to my gut and it said "You could do with less of me."

B00ty-Underwear pic as of March 2014 NSFW
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #78
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hi all, checking in after a steakhouse dinner at Morton's...settling in at my Disney hotel with my scale in tow! Let's see what happens tomorrow!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #79
Eat Big to Stay Small

S/C/G: 160+/116/114

Height: 5'5

127.5!!! I am so excited about this. It's halfway between 125 and 130.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/krampus
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #80
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

So far behind...I will get to personals.

You know what is frustrating ladies? Seeing the faint outlines of a six pack and realizing it's the loose skin hiding it, not the fat. ARGHHHHH

Ah well.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #81
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hey all. I will do personnals later, Im a bit bummed out right now.

Just spent the morning at the clinic, I've got soe infection in one of my eye, it's puffy and painful, and the doctor told me to trash my contacts.

I wear hard contacts and I don't have the moneyyyy to get new one. Talk about bad news... Duuuuh

Plus it's cold and rainy here. And my boyfriend is still away.

Am I too old to crawl under a blanket and drink hot chocolat beverage all day!??

TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #82
Eat Big to Stay Small

You're never too old for that. I'm so sorry your eye's infected! Do you have glasses you can wear for now?

Old 05-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #83

S/C/G: 146/127.9/120

Height: 5'4"

Crazygurl61 - Fun! Enjoy Disney!

krampus - Awesome! Nice work!

sontaikle - Not there yet, but I'm sure that's frustrating.

TurboMammoth - Ugh, yes. I wear contacts too (although not the hard ones) and pitching them is best. Otherwise that infection will just come back. Sucks though. Mine are expensive too due to a bad astigmatism in one eye.

Hubby and I are thinking of signing up for a Spartan Race this summer. 8 mile obstacle run. Not sure if I'm crazy but could be loads of fun (unless I'm one of those taken away on a stretcher!)

So excited to hit 140 this morning, although I went to Bikram last night so thinking some of that is water weight. Know I'll likely bump up tomorrow but still excited to see the scale there. A few bumps up but overall it's heading in the right direction. woo-hoo!
DottieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #84

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Sontaikle - that is extremely frustrating!! I have a lot of loose skin on my stomach so I really feel you.

Turbo - Hugs Sorry you're feeling bummed, sometimes I crawl under a blanket and read all day even when I'm not sick!

Dottie - Congrats on being down! I bet it's real weight loss, you probably rehydrated by now

Jayohwhy - sorry your foot is bugging you, that really sucks! Feel better

Krampus - that's so tiny!! Congrats, I can't wait til you hit 125

Crazygurl - have fun on your vacation!!!

~~~~~~
I've gotten a few days under my belt sticking to 1200-1400 and burning off about 400 with exercise , i'm hoping that I'll be able to drop a couple of pounds this week. I'm debating getting a digital scale, I can barely read the analog one ive got.

I got asked to be a research assistant on another obesity study this fall at a major hospital here in Toronto. We're studying self esteem in men who are morbidly obese, I'm excited
Old 05-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #85

S/C/G: 146/127.9/120

Height: 5'4"

Ladies, this is a first for me, and so weird. My snack between breakfast and lunch was a banana - halfway through I was like, ugh I cant eat another bite. It's still sitting next to me at my computer. Lunch time I got about 3/4 through my Amy's Rice/Broccoli/Tofu bowl and couldn't eat another bite. It's still sitting next to me.

I had oatmeal for breakfast, but that's nothing new. This is such a weird (but good) feeling. I'm almost 4 weeks into my 'diet' (watching calories and not eating any junk - well not much of it anyway). I've always been an emotional/mindless eater. I could shovel crackers and chips in non-stop. And even though I was never that big I could go bite to bite with my husband and sometimes out eat him. Not proud of that, but it's true.

I feel like perhaps my body is relearning what it feels like to be hungry and not hungry. These first few weeks have been hard - basically watching the clock wondering when my next snack or meal is going to be (and endlessly measuring EVERYTHING!). So not wanting to eat something feels weird!

Anyway, back to work!
DottieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #86
say what?

Height: 5'6"

jayohwhy: you can do it! You will get out of the 130s eventually. your fooddiary on MFP looks pretty decent!

crazy: have funnnnn!!! Makes me laugh that you brought your scale, hope it works. Hope you have a good time and not stress about weightloss too much.

sontaikle: that must be annoying! is it a lot of skin? I don't know how bad it is but I hope it will fade back over time, you are doing so awesome. Should get rewarded for that!

Turbo: sorry to read about your eye issues, hope it heals up quickly. Are you still running 16k this weekend? If so - goodluck! I am attempting 12k.

Lisa: Sounds like you are doing an awesome job! How cool about the research-position. Have you done something like that before?

Dottie: it's nice when our body stops screaming for food huh? Hihi. I heard that your stomach can expand and get smaller depending on what it's used to, would seem logic to me.

--
So after my dramatic whining the other day I am slowly dropping weight again. Yay for that! Also been perfectly on plan. Just did my 3rd run this week (did 6miles, 4.4miles and 3miles) I hope to do 7.5miles this weekend. I qm not eating a lot at the moment, I try to eat 1400 calories + 25-40% of my exercise calories but I've not been near that.

My desire for food is changing in a weird new way. I was already not hungry much or craving stuff badly, but I was very much thinking about food because I planned my calories ahead and googled for recipes to have as much for as few calories as possible. I stopped doing that thinking I have a basic idea of what are good choices and what I need. But now that I don't give food so much thought, I sort of almost forget to eat. I'm also vegetarian again, so I don't eat my moms dinner anymore or all the other great high fat/calorie stuff she prepares with meat. So that and having to actively think about food to 'desire' it and then the effort of thinking up something I feel like having - just has me grabbing a PB jelly sandwich a bunch of times just to get to my calories. Or nuts and dades. Or adding extra olive oil to what I am making. I don't even need that many calories a day. But it feels like a chore getting to them. It's also weird because a lot of foods that I know are not something my body really needs, I just don't want to wast the calories on. Like when I have a few crackers with something. I only have as much as necesary to toss my shrimp salad on. But no more. I think the "food is fuel" thing is slowly getting hold of me. Have to get more calorie dense "whole" foods I think.

philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #87
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

krampus : holy moly, 127.5! rock on girl!!!

DottieMae : the spartan race looks so much fun. my boyfriend wanted us to try it this year but we finally got in the Warrior Dash for this year, it's a shorter distance, and if we like it we'll definetely try the spartan next year!

Lisa : how exciting about the new project!! obesity studying is SO important. i red an article this week that was saying that but 2030, a HUGE percentage of the american will officially be office. That is so scary.

philana : that's a good thing to change the food habits,but you still have to enjoy what you eat and not just eat because well, you gotta eat. as you said, maybe something more fullfilling would help you (oh and yeah, still aiming for the 16k this weekend... good luck for your 12k!)

thank you, ladies, for all your nice comments and thoughts. It really comforted me, i was BUMMED today, and with the boyfriend being still away, i was alone with all this.

I tried to get an appointment to order new lenses (because I don't wear soft lenses : I wear hard ones that cost about 350$ a pair) and I only managed to get an appointment on may 25th. That is late. I have glasses that I can wear until then, but I hate wearing glasses...

Like I can't wear sunglasses and it's such a pain in the *** to run with these. They always slide on my nose. I went for a 6k tonight and it drove me crazy, I'll be nuts during the long run. (and I CAN'T run without them. My eyesight is so so so bad)

I have some kind of insurance on the glasses and lenses but I don't even know how this things work, i never had to deal with that, my mom used to do all of this. Oh well. I guess I still have until the 25th to figure out. Blah

on the weight part, everything it doing okay. at least lol

TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #88
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! Great job on the loss Krampus and Philana!

I was up a pound today but not a huge shocker because I had to get up super early and ate a late dinner with a glass of champagne...I am enjoying this convention. I am glad I brought the scale though because seeing the 1 pound reminded me I need to be conscious of what I'm eating, this is not a free for all!!

Since my meetings were SO early I brought snacks and protein bars with my since I had no desire to get some huge breakfast. Today after my morning meetings I had time to go into Disneyland and my brother met me. We had Mexican for lunch, I willed myself not to eat the whole plate- I had 2 cheese enchiladas and only a little of the beans. Lots of water. Lots of walking. We had fun going on a lot of rides because it was not very crowded and a beautiful day today! Now I am unwinding before a hospitality party. I had an apple for a snack and plan to eat the appetizers at the party as dinner but not go crazy.

Turbo hope your eyes feel better soon!

Hi to everyone else and think good on-plan thoughts for me!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #89
Eat Big to Stay Small

Survived the modeling thing with my mom. It was pretty fun, though the makeup artist made me look like a light-skinned black man trying to look like an Asian female (I swear I'm not making this up). 127.5 this morning but my lunch today involved fettucine in cream sauce and I'm going out to dinner with bf and his mom and sister later.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #90

Height: 5'3.25''

Ladies, UGH I just went to Bebe and for some reason I decided to try on a dress. I have a gala in 1 month, and I though, oh why the heck not. Unfortunately my legs are the most stubborn area and I have fat knee syndrome - I see all these women of all weights and most of them put more weight in their hips than knees-this dress made em look so sausagey. I hope that losing the next 16 lbs will make my legs look a LITTLE better - even slightly skinnier knees will make me thrilled.I will use this as drive! Well, I hope that in 1 month, I hope that I can go one half-size down in that dress (or more). I am in between sizes.
Satin can be so so cruel on the legs

I listened to my gut and it said "You could do with less of me."

B00ty-Underwear pic as of March 2014 NSFW

Last edited by pixelllate : 05-11-2012 at 03:38 PM.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.