Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #1  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Body/metabolism changes in weight loss & maintenance

Hi girls,

I wanted to start a discussion thread on different body changes we experience in weight loss within a normal range, especially thinking about what the right "healthy" rate of weight loss is.

As I slimmed down the past couple of months from additional exercise and a low-fat/plant-based diet, I've noticed positive changes like:
- Increased energy
- Increased stamina in cardio exercise
- Increased strength and flexibility in yoga and weight-lifting
- More refreshed in the morning with the same amount of sleep
- Clear skin

But there are also negative changes:
- Cold!! I'm feeling this right now.
- Constipation, bloating, and general digestive upset
- Nausea after eating a lot of food
- Dizziness / low blood pressure any time I delayed a meal
- Dry/brittle skin in the winter (since resolved)

I know that most people experience digestive upset as a natural part of dieting just as the body re-adjusts, and being generally cold seems like a normal result of losing body fat, but the dry skin definitely worried me for a while until it resolved, since it's related to low metabolism. Now that I'm "maintaining", I'm hoping my natural body temperature goes up a bit and my digestion improves, too.

Anyone else noticing these kinds of changes as you lose weight? How did they resolve when you stabilized?

Last edited by lackadaisy; 04-24-2012 at 03:26 PM.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote