3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

100% to Memorial Day Challenge.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #46

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Awww, I LOVE All Creatures Great and Small!!! Brings back good memories from childhood.

And completely feel ya on the "That was then, this is now." thinking. My weekend was not the best eating-wise, either. Draw a line and move on. It's great that you and your hubby had some quality time together. What kind of work does he do?

(ANd yes, the orchestra guy is more my type physically, but Army Guy is the one who's calling/texting.... )

I had to bust out the positive affirmations this afternoon after I caught myself in some negative self talk: I'm SO tired... I don't want to do this (blah blah blah)
Turned it around right quick by saying OUT LOUD: "I can't wait to see how exciting this lesson will be." "I'm excited to work as a team with my student." and guess what? Had a FANTASTIC lesson with my kid!!! He was all excited and ready to go. I'm convinced once again that affirmations really, really work. Am now saying: "I receive new insight into life and living when I go to my yoga class." "By going to yoga, I open the pathways for new experiences to enter my life." Am heading off to that yoga class now!

Here's to a fantastic weekend! This is now!!!!

Old 05-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #47

Height: 5'5

I know the feeling of I don't want to this right now. I felt that with zumba last night, but, guess what, I went anyway. I'm soooo glad that I did. I felt so much better when it was over with. Before I went, I had that "I'm too fat to go to zumba" feeling. Then when I got there, I realized, "Are you kidding me? Do you see the instructor?! She's not worried!" Then I looked in the mirrow, and my body wasn't that gigantic like I pictured, a lot better than a lot of people in there. My head is so distorted.

I'm proud of you for going to yoga. It's so easy to skip classes and exercise all together. My line dancing class was canceled tonight. In some ways I feel lost. But I better pop a dvd in today, like I used to do before line dancing. That's the trouble with getting off track. It's so hard to get back on. I must remember that!!!!

Sorry the orchestra guy is not taking the initiative. But you never know what's just around the corner. Pray to meet the right guy. I did, and voila!

Today is a better day. I'm eating right and promise to exercise later. We shall get to our goals. As long as we keep trying, never quit and keep focusing on our goals, we shall attain them. Let's do this thing!

Hope you have a great day!

Last edited by tyla : 05-08-2012 at 02:12 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #48

tyla

I needed that reminder, tyla. And good for you for going to zumba, even though you didn't feel like it. Is this the class where the instructor is *ahem* overweight?

And yes, you're so right about praying for the right person to come along. And at this point, it's more just trusting that God's plan for my life is good and allowing Him to work things out for me, rather than me having to work things out myself. It usually turns out better that way, anyway.

Food-wise, I could be a whole lot better, but oh, well. Accountability. What's going on is that I'm afraid. Plain and simple. Don't be scared, I tell myself. Get out your journal and start writing. Or drawing. Or copying out poems or inspirational quotes. (wo)man up and move on! This is what I say to myself.

Have a great (rest of the) day!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #49

Yes, zumba is the class where the instructor is "grossly" overweight. In fact, she not only teaches zumba, but belly dance, ball room dancing and advaced zumba. I must give her props for doing it. It kinda makes me think that if she's not embarrassed to teach in front of classes, why should I be? (Remember, I teach health and welllness classes, and sometimes I feel I'm not thin enough to do it. It's that distorted head.)

You asked what my hubby does. His job is computer/electronics work. Lots of long hours lately, because they let go a lot of his co workers. He's now a "one man" operation in his department. He's doing a job of about 5 people. I worry about him stressing so much about his job and deadlines. I can't wait until the economy gets better!

After I posted you, I exercised to a dvd. So today I can proudly say I'm back, baby! Back to counting cals, eating right and exercising. Line dancing class is tomorrow. Back to the dvd today.

Let's conquer those last 10 or so pounds. We can do this!! (By the way, what are you afraid of? Can I help?)

Last edited by tyla : 05-09-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #50

Re: Hubby - He must be pretty darn good if he's the last man standing out of five. But I do understand that doing the work of five people isn't exactly ideal. Hopefully, he can just realize that he can only do as much as he can do, and let the rest go.

Re: the distorted head part... I hear this loud and clear. Do you think that this "distorted thinking" is getting in the way of you going after more business? Positive affirmations, girl! "I inspire others with my healthy choices and lifestyle." You ARE the best at what you do!!!

Woke up on a better side of the bed today, thank goodness!

Instituted a "24 Hour "100%" Challenge" for myself:

()Water
()Yoga
()At least 10,000 steps
()No more than 1200 cals
()Accountability!

Challenge started "this morning" at midnight and it's already 11:44AM. Almost halfway through, but the evenings are usually the hardest. I call 8-10PM the "Danger Zone" for me. Ugh. Forewarned is forearmed, though.

Onward and upward, my sister!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #51

Wow, you hit it right on the head! Yes, my distorted head is getting in the way of more business. Great idea about the positive affirmations. I will start today! Afterall, I AM the best at what I do. And I have helped a ton of people. I really care and want others to succeed! (And I have letters of recommendations to prove it.) Have to think more positively and stop this negative self talk. I also think I have to be perfect all the time. What is that all about?! Excellent insight, Alexis!!

Excellent goals, too. Hopefully I can match the cals. Still have to pop in the dvd and move more. You see, we do inspire each other! We CAN DO THIS!!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #52

Update to yesterday's message...

I succeeded in eating 1200 cals or less, 1187 to be exact. Also did a 35 minutes cardio/strength training dvd. Thank you for your inspiration.

Hope yesterday went well for you, and wishing you tons of success for today!

Let's do this thing!!!

Last edited by tyla : 05-10-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #53

TGIF!!!! LOVE MY FRIDAYS!!

Went to line dancing class yesterday, and ate within my range. Today is DVD day.

Have a great weekend!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #54

Just came back from my doc's for my annual check-up. Got a clean bill of health! Eating right and exercising pays off.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #55

Happy Sunday!

Still in cal range and exercising.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #56

Hey there, Tyla!
(Happy Mother's Day, if it applies!)

I'm SO sorry for being gone for so long!!! This has been a weird week out here. Had a few deaths in our circle (not people I was close to, but still...) so took momma to a funeral on Saturday, then went to celebrate mother's day early. (less crowds, more fun!)

Have also kind of been on a bit of an emotional bender lately, too. It started with the "guy thing" and then just went out of control from there. I've done some reading though and hopefully am drawing the line and heading down a better path.

Weight has been holding steady-ish, but I'm not losing. I have this vision of myself being lithe and graceful... thirty pounds lighter. Now I'm just trying to do I have to in order to achieve this.

Here's to a great (rest of) Sunday and fantastic week ahead!
Old 05-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #57

Alexis, sorry to hear about your sad week. Funerals are never very uplifting, whether you're close to the person or not. Just the event and surroundings are very bleak

I know what you men about not losing, but sort of holding steady. Last Monday was a fiasco eating-wise (probably because the scale hasn't budged), but even though I've been totally back on track and working out, my weight is up a couple of pounds. I'm trying to change up my food intake this week, and see if this helps. I had been getting leg cramps during the night due to exercise and the heat, so I hadn't been sleeping well for a few months. Maybe that had a role in my weight not changing. My doc told me to eat a banana before bedtime. That seems to help. No leg cramps now. And I've been sleeping so much better. I actually feel better, too. Maybe now the weight will come off.

Going to zumba tonight. Looking forward to that.

Hope your week is a great one!

Last edited by tyla : 05-14-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #58

tyla
GOOD for you for goin' to Zumba. The banana before bed sounds like a good idea for leg cramps, too. Must be something about the potassium.

In my neck of the woods I just have to yell out
UGGGHHHH!!!!!
Have to make myself check in, even though things aren't going the best.
I'm stressin' over who-the-heck-knows what... I overslept and missed Sunday school/church on SUNDAY and am still beating myself up over it... with FOOD.

Gah. So disappointed in myself. My healthy eating is a gift I give myself. Must remember that. Good food habits. Good food behavior.

I will stand up and try again!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #59

I took two line dancing classes yesterday, sweat profusely in 100 degree heat, totally overdid it and today I'm sick. I wanted to shake things up a bit, which I did, but now somehow ended up with a urinary tract infection. And now I'm on meds! And don't want to do anything. What a mess!

I'm so sorry about you oversleeping and missing church. I know how badly you must feel about that, especially since army guy was there. Did he wonder where you were?

I kinda feel the same way. I had planned on going to a meeting today for some time. Well, now I have to cancel, because I just don't feel well. I can't believe it!!

Here's hoping today is better for the both of us. So let's keep going, and do the best we can! >>>>
Old 05-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #60

YUK! That UTI does not sound fun. And boy I can relate to that feeling of not wanting to do anything... Bleh! But I really like that "do the best you can"" phrase... Sometimes, that's the best you can do.

AG wasn't at church this weekend (that I know of) but he did mention something about memorial day weekend... Oy. May be going up to Cape Cod, though. Still working on schedules.

I'm trying to plan out my food for today, since we're going to a ballgame, so that's going to present some interesting options. I'm trying to think along the lines of "if I were to give my body a gift with my food plan, what would it look like?" My goal is to think of food as a present, rather than an escape...

On the professional/job front, I've been re-tooling my resume and am fixing to go apply for a job tomorrow morning. Already asked for the time off and everything.... Am going to just walk it in to the location at which I'm hoping to work... Getting kinda nervous just thinking about it, but it's worked well in the past so here's hoping for that, too.

Keep going and do the absolute best YOU can!!!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.