Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #91  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

WELL DONE!!! Enjoy the victory!!!

I'm bloated and up to 132.5 after a rich Turkish vegetarian platter with lavash bread and creamy yogurt dill sauce. >_<
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #92  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMammoth View Post
Hey all!

Only one thing today :

I WI this morning at 138.8 lbs which means

I'M AT GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

Congrats! I knew you'd make it! Enjoy the feeling you deserve it.

---
I ate pretty darn good today and I exercised about 1000 calories 'away'. I am turning into a gym/cardio nut. Though I am also working on weights obviously, tomorrow is my second day. I am gonna do 3 days of strength a week. Excited to see how I do tomorrow!

Edit: Well, got on the scale and AGAIN 142. I've been at this since the 15th with a few ups and downs. I did some stretches yesterday before sleep and I wasn't wearing long pants so when my bum/thighs were from the floor I could see how gravity was pulling at the fat. It was the first time in weeks that I felt like "omg, yes.. I can't be thinking about maintenance at this point yet." My legs are sooooooooo flaby and icky fat hanging from them. Anyhow. The scale not budging made me measure for the first time in 2 months, and my measurements are down everywhere by half an inch to an inch. I just don't see/feel it. Oh well!!

Last edited by philana; 03-31-2012 at 02:02 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:27 PM   #93  
Staying the Same

Oh my gosh guys, I ran FIVE MILES yesterday. Impressed myself with that one - I guess being cooped up at work coupled with getting massively irritated by a crotchety postal worker will do that.

Last edited by krampus; 03-31-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA - just been swamped. I totally quit going to the gym before work - 5am was just too early so now I'm going after I put dd to bed (8:30 ish). Today it was beautiful out so I took dd on my c25k run in her stroller, which was exhausting but worth it! I'll be back this week for personals.
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:46 AM   #95  
say what?

krampus: awesome job on the 5miler!

Amy: I see moms doing that, running with the stroller or the kids on a mini bike or in skates following after. That just impresses me so much! It's saying "mom can be healthy and have kids!" hihi. And it gives your kids a good example of exercise in their joung lives.

--
My weight is still stuck at 141, but TOM is around the corner so let's just chalk it up to that and not feel bad untill it's gone for atleast a week. So yeh. 2 more weeks of living in the 140s without getting grumpy. Wish me luck. (going on 3 weeks at the exact same weight now!!)

I am doing something "new", I read that you start your metabolism if you have just a brisk walk first thing in the morning so I am gonna try and walk the dogs for 1,5 miles every morning. I also upped my calories to 1400, it's what I've been eating the past week and it suits me better. I worry that the low cal messes up my metabolism too.

Last edited by philana; 04-02-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #96  

Gym scale weighed me way heavier than my crappy scale at home-I knew that there would be a difference, but it was more than expected (I cling on to it for sentimental reasons lol)
I figure the gym one is right cause its the one where you use the slider like in the doctor's office. I am a ...little bummed. but I will stick with my initial goal and when I get there, I'll just keep going a little further.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #97  

philana-good for you for remaining strong! I think that being able to keep trying despite not seeing results is what separates those of us who fall off the bandwagon (me all the time in the past) and those of us who will lose and maintain.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #98  
Staying the Same

I'm "only" 131.5 today. I had a pretty good sized super salty meal at PF Chang's yesterday. The whole weekend was spent in a haze...trying to break that pattern of laziness. What a stoner!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #99  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

oh man, the past three weekend, i've been eating way too much. i already have a scheduled high day on saturdays, but i feel like it's getting out of control. However, it has been a nice diet break, especially last week when i ate at maintainance. Howeer, i'm up to 136 with all of my eating, after being down as low as 134 last week!

i've decided to set a goal of 120-- i really want to be in the 120s to be "safe", and have changed my calories to reflect the new plan. it is a month until my birthday which was my initial goal-- to be hot on my birthday. I have renewed energy to accomplish that.

in other news, i've also taken a long hard look at my finances and am ready to get that in order too. i just have a couple outstanding bills that i would like to clear before the end of the school year (i'm a teacher)
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #100  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

I'm up to 141 lbs today (I was 142 yesterday, YIKES!) but we had the birthday party for the bf and we had beer and ate salty... I can feel my tummy all bloated. And according to my calendar, TOM should be here any minutes. I think it's water weight and I hope it will get away SOON lol
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #101  
say what?

LOL Turbo: are we at the same weight and at the same TOMcycle? That's funky. Haha. Though for me TOM arrived today. So. UHG. But I can't wait to see what happens when it leaves. Hope to go below the 140s then!

Edit: WOW, so I have sore muscles from yesterdays strength and I am on TOM and my weight is only up half a pound compared to yesterday. I have high hopes for after TOM. Hihi

Last edited by philana; 04-03-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #102  
Staying the Same

132.0 this morning. Had a late pasta dinner and grazed on Easter candy. Total calorie count for the day was prob just shy of 2000. I did run after work, about 3 1/2 miles.

Here's a great punishment for Easter candy gluttony - I found a loose Cadbury mini egg in the Easter grass, popped it in my mouth, and it was definitely at least 5 years old. My mom reuses the same Easter basket each year. GROSS!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #103  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

philana : I agree that there is some funky stuff going on with our weight and TOM cycle LOL However, TOM did not happened yesterday... my cycle is so messed up since I began training and loosing weight.

krampus : easter egg. good lord. it's painful going to the grocery right now, they are EVERYWHERE

hey!

140.6 this morning... go away water weight, go AWAY!! planning to go for a run tonight, let's burn some stuff.

we are trying to finish the bf birthday cake left over right now.. Half of it was still remaining, and we gave the half of the remains to our neighbor... I got a tiny piece last night while watching The Biggest Loser. what a great match LOL I want this cake out of the house quiiiiiiick!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #104  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

hooray! down from 136 to 134 today-- undoing the damage that i did this weekend. i was super hungry yesterday because it was a low calorie day and then i ran. I couldnt sleep because i was so hungry so at around 2am i broke down and had a couple crackers.

however, i'm at work now, and someone gave me a cup of horchata latte-- it was too good not to finish. i didnt know the calories so i logged it as the fattiest latte i could think of-- starbucks tall white chocolate mocha with whole milk and whipped cream. thank goodness, the mug they filled is my own so i know the ounces of it!

it feels good to be back on the wagon.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #105  
say what?

krampus: omg, that sounds horrible. haha. But serves ya right! No stuffin' your face when you don't even know where/when it came from .

Turbo: why don't you just throw the cake away? seriously... I read on here something like "it's a bigger waste on my thighs than in the trashbin" and I wholeheartedly agree.

jayohwy: congrats on the loss!!

--
I woke up feeling like ****. Heck, it's just after dinner and I still feel like uhg. But in the meantime I went to work, rode my bike for 6miles, went swimming vigoursly for an hour (650 cal burn!) and ran a tempo-kinda-run for 2miles (20mins/250cal). So I burned like a 1000 calories today. I'm doing very well with my food too so yay. If I keep this up then I am going on my 4th week of actual 'paying attention, doing good' with only 2 screw ups like 2 weeks ago. I better be droppin' some weight already. LOL

Last edited by philana; 04-03-2012 at 12:31 PM.