3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Featherweights

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #31
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I've been doing so badly for weeks now. I decided to do something drastic, a while ago I figured our other scale (digital) put me about 6-7lbs heavier. I felt like cheating going by the old-skool one. So I updated my stats (also my starting weight). I also hope that this will give me more sense of working to get below 140 again.

Ran my first official 5k today. Did not like it because of the big group and the chaos so when I got home I ran another 7k/4.3miles by myself in the perfect sunny weather and I loved it. I am so back on track after today. Before I know it it's gonna be summer and I really really really wanna have a bikini-ready body with thin legs this year. I just HAVE to. lol. *shallow*

I promise to check back in here regularily again and do personals later to. Keep up the work girls!

Last edited by philana; 03-11-2012 at 01:37 PM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #32

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Well I didn't make it to the Y on Sunday... I woke up with a HORRIBLE kink in my neck/shoulder/back - my neck was so stiff I couldn't move my head without terrible pain - like to never made it out of bed. So this morning, I was feeling a little better - not great, but better, so I got up at 5 and was at the gym by 5:15. I really wanted to do one of the classes but I thought that would be way too much for my neck to handle. So I focused on my legs. I did 10 min on the treadmill, 20 minutes on leg machines, and 10 minutes on the stationary bike. Hopefully by Wednesday I'll feel good enough to do one of the classes.

philana - great work on the 5K! Running a 5K is on my bucket list! And I hear you on the bikini body - vanity keeps me in check! lol
Old 03-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #33
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

krampus : you have an awesome life to be able to eat pretty much everything you want and not gaining!

AlexisTrophic : Hope your food poisoning is over now How bad was the car in the end?

Amy : Nice thing on trying out the new gym! Never been to a Y though, so I can,t give you any clue on it. Hope it's fun!

Lisa : Steack and frites... yummy. give yourself a few days, it's probably all water weight

philana : welcome back on track, girl! and I do agree with you, race can be really chaotic... I saw that you're next mini-goal is to run a 10k in less than a hour. wow! Such a great goal! I never did it so fast.

Hi feathers!

Yuck it's monday... at least it's a sunny over the top warm (for the region...) Monday.

This weekend I realized that I really need to go bra and jeans shopping... but I'm brooooooke and those are so expensive... Can't I just win the lottery and be done with it??! hehe

Have a great day girls!

TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #34
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

After weighing in at 129.0 Saturday, 130.5 Sunday, and 132.0 this morning, I feel much less invincible. I'm ok with that - yesterday was pretty heavy and I don't even feel like eating today!

Activity has been pretty decent though. Saturday I walked 3 1/2 miles with my mom before throwing a successful surprise party for my roommate's birthday. Yesterday some friends and I walked 7 miles from Troy to a German beer restaurant in Albany where I gorged on schnitzel in cream sauce and peanuts. Ended up with a stomachache from all the rich food, but my legs are burning pleasantly from the walk...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/krampus
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #35

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Lisa ~ I can see how working around morbidly obese patients might do that to you... I have vanity in spades, though.

Philana ~ Way to go on the 5K!!! Such an accomplishment!!! What was your time?

Shrinking Amy~ good for you making the best of it despite the kink. Can't STAND those! Do you have any idea what caused it?

Turbo ~ The car ended up costing $1098 in the end. I was kind of prepared for that, though. *just remembered* they gave me a mail in rebate for like $50 bucks... Better than nothing, I guess.

Krampus ~ That's not a bad range, though. It sounds like you're basically in the area of goal, right?

~~~
Weekend didn't go too badly at all.
The event in NYC w. the friend on Saturday was lovely and ended up walking more than 7 miles in total that day. Went to Old Country buffet on Sunday, but that was my only meal for the day and I ended up weighing in 1 lb lighter this morning, so hurrah!

This is my "busy" week ~
Mon (today): teach lesson, yoga, then practice for gig w. friend.
Tue: meeting with new CPA in the city, then informational interview w. a woman who works at a public health clinic, then symphony rehearsal in the evening.
Wed: play gig.
Thu: life group.
Fri: relaaaxxx.

Feels like it's non-stop, but I'm pretty much done w. obligations after the gig on Wednesday.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #36

krampus : going to a restaurent by walking is always a great way to cop for the calories you will eat there! nice job!

Alexis : woah what a busy week! and nice on ending up being 1 lbs lighter after your saturday event! The power of walking! lol

Hey feathers!

Last night I re-discovered the fun of running outside. After running in the cold all winter long (although we had a really not so freaking cold one) right now the weather is a bit crazy and we hotter than it should be for the season over here.

So last night after work I had the awesome fun of running with the sun still up with a awesome 12 C degrees (51 F)!! I was so amazing, I was only wearing my running underwear with short on, and a really thin long sleeve tshirt with the sleeve rolled up... I don't know, I felt so free, being able to take off all the different clothing I was used to wear this winter!

Calories counting seems to do wonder too, my weight is going down and down... My legs are still flabby though, I should really got back to strength training a bit.

Have a good day everyone!

Old 03-13-2012, 12:51 PM   #37
say what?

Amy: Thank you, it felt like an accomplishment for sure. And I love running.

Alexis: Sounds like an awfully busy life. I used to be that busy but now I took "off" from everything to study. And I aint studying... but I feel like I have not enough time in a day to do nothing. Weird stuff. LOL My time was 31.43 - which is decent, but I really would have wanted to run under half an hour!

Turbo: I HEAR YA! lol. I had the exact same thing on sunday when I did 4miles. 12C. No big scarf or hat. No stuff everywhere that would bother me halfway through the run. I felt like a new person. I ran more easily than ever. Which is why today with dark clouds and 9c was such a bummer. lol. I need to buy something to cover my ears but not my head. I get really awful pain in my ears from just atiny bit of wind going by them. Anyhow - congrats on the lost lbs. Calorie counting rocks!

--
Well, yesterday wasn't a healthy eating day but it was within calories. Today is much better already, I am gonna stay within cals and eat only healthy. So yay for me. It's official. I am back on track. I hope to be amazed by big wooshes from the water-gain. Like atleast another 2lbs. Because otherwise I ate more than I thought and gained actual fat back in my off-time. That would suck.

I am all excited again. I just am weird like that. I will go be bad and be fed up with myself for a period and as soon as I've crawled out of it it's like nothing happened and I am all thrilled about losing weight again.

Last edited by philana; 03-13-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #38
Staying the Same

130.5 after a second day at 132.0. It's been warm here and I went running outside on Monday after work. I've lost ALL my running fitness which is discouraging but it still feels good knowing I exerted myself and broke a sweat. Somehow managed to hurt myself after my run while I was sitting in my house and rolled my ankle hard, but I should be able to run again today or tomorrow.

Last night I had ice cream outside overlooking the mountains with friends. Such a joy to do that on a warm night! I've been keeping calories reasonable and avoiding the temptation to crack beers after work, so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to stay here. I'm not at goal, but I'm mostly happy with myself, and that's a big step!

Turbo Look at you shrinking, hard work pays off! Running without layers is a joy.

philana Fat can be burnt off just like water weight! You can do this. Being all excited again is something I know very well, hehe

Alexistrophic I totally miss Old Country Buffet, our only one here closed years ago. My parents and I used to be VIPs there, ha!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #39

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

I went to the y again this morning and did a class called "metabolic effect" which is pushing to muscle failure, resting for a few seconds then working to failure again, rest, repeat. I thought I was gonna die! and apparently you will have excess calorie burn for up to 48 hours. I believe it! I ate normal today but was STARVING come dinner and ate about as much as DH.

Anyway - gotta go get my LO ready for bed - be back later for personals.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #40
Staying the Same

I too went to the Y today. My neighbor had a guest pass and invited me along, which was real nice. 30 min doing intervals on the elliptical and then 15 minutes running at 6 mph on the treadmill. Cooked a SUPER HEALTHY RAINBOW dinner of spinach, onion, summer squash, and red pepper, and plopped a 6 oz. salmon fillet on top. Having mango Greek yogurt for dessert now.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #41

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Philana ~ Totally understand that feeling of "not enough hours to do nothing"... I only recently became busy and it's really only every other week, for some reason.
When I did the 5ks back in the fall, my time was just over 30 mins, too! Ticked me off b.c I so badly wanted to be under... Oh, well. It's something to work towards, I guess!

Krampus ~ lol to being VIPs at Old Country. I'm sure we would be if it were closer. It's about 30 miles away, thank the good LOrd, otherwise I'm sure we'd be in there all the time. It's just so darn cheap and they have Sprite Zero on tap! (WooHoo!!!)

Your "rainbow" dinner sounds delicious, too!!!

Amy ~ Good plan, that whole "exhaustion, rest, repeat". You'll have to post in about results and how you feel tomorrow morning!

~~~
So my marathon week is mostly over. Something had to give, though, and I ended up bagging the rehearsal yesterday to stay home and practice. Was definitely worth it. I just feel like I physically couldn't have done both. Performance went well. We were more the "background" than the main event but people seemed appreciative (got to love those elderly and those recuperating from recent physical trauma). I want to work toward improving my skills, though. I don't want to be this unprepared again.

Have the women's group tomorrow, yoga and meeting a friend on Friday, then yoga Sat AM.

Food has NOT been the best lately... it's more the "post stress relief" period that gets me. Picking myself up, dusting myself off and moving on.

Tomorrow is another day!

Last edited by Alexistrophic; 03-15-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:03 AM   #42
say what?

krampus - wow, sounds like you are being super healthy and having fun and allowing treats. Congrats with being at a weight you enjoy .

Amy: wow, that sounds like ****. I just am so lazy, I hate to really push myself. LOL.

Alexis: tomorrow is another day for sure!!

--
I keep getting amazed by how you hold weigth when you eat bad. I ate bad for a few weeks, so my scale went from 140 to 145.5. Obviously I am hoping so hard it's mostly junk-weight because that's easier to lose than burning the fat. LOL.

So since monday I went from 145.5 to 142.5. YAY! Still 2.5lbs over where I was a month ago, but that was after low-carbing for a week. So maybe I never burnt the fat to that extent anyhow.

It is kinda horrid to be speaking about 140s. But I think in thelong run I am gonna be glad I chose the other scale. IT's already nice because I can see daily incrementel changes, while on my oldskool scale I couldnt. Just, the added 6/8lbs SUCKS.

Anyhow. I am whining over nothing. lol.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #43

Amy : omg your workout sounds awful LOL well, awful in a good ''I'm gonna burn tons of calories'' way hehe. How are you feeling today? I always got scared about those kind of workout out that I'd be sore fore days after them.

krampus : your dinner sounds fantastic. And you got me craving for mango greek yogourt right now Never though of matching squash and salmon, I'll try that!

alexis : with all the things going on during your weeks, no wonder you don't have much time to think about the food! I'll ditch all the food thinking for less lol. Glad your gig at the eldery place was nice though.

philana : aww, scale issue sucks. but it's probably better to know where you exactly stands, so there's gonna be no surprise later if you happen to use another scale.

Hey all! Hope you're doing good!

I'm having a sucky week, my things at the lab are not working much and I got hurt at my tuesday night hockey game... I got like ''too much into the game'', fell over a guy (like... dive) but I felt fine so I just got up and went back in the game, and started battleing for the puck in front of the net with two guys... to finally end up with being it twice on the hand. It's not broken, not twisted, but I have this huge contusion under the thumb and makes it hard to do my lab work. I guess one day I'll learn to just let the boys hit each other and not to get in the middle of that.

I'm like suuuuper excited to do my WI tomorrow, I had a week of ''skinny days''. Can't wait to see if the scale reflects it.

Have a good day everyone!

Old 03-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #44

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Hey ladies!!

I've had an awesome couple of days, I've stuck really well to my IFing and haven't eaten before noon. I've also been to the gym 3x and going again tomorrow. I'm really hoping I'll see a loss tomorrow!!

I'll get to personals tomorrow! Seems like we're getting back on track!!
Old 03-16-2012, 04:54 AM   #45
say what?

Turbo: thanks, you are right! I'll be more relaxed about it again when I am below the 140s. lol! How did your weigh in go?

Lisa: AWESOME I can't wait to hear your results!

--
I've been on plan since monday, and it's super easy again. There is no candy in the house which helps. And I found these candy-drops the other day that taste like caramel-cream and a coffee-latte taste that are only 8calories a piece. So when I get my candy cravings I am gonna go for those. I am relieved. I know if I stick to this I'll get to goal in 2 or 3 months. The weather has been really good and that has helped me with going out. I've been out for either a run or skating 45-60mins every day since sunday. It's so nice.