Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Default Raspberry Ketone Pills

Did anyone watch the Dr. Oz show on the raspberry ketone pills? I dont agree with taking any type of supplement or doing anything unnatural. But this is sort of interesting.. Those of you who know what ketones and ketosis are, what do you think on this?

Last edited by Dianne042425; 02-09-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #2  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Funny your talking about ketones, my boyfriend is working on that as his master degree project.

Ketones are pretty natural and is a source of energy the same way the glucose would be. However, is you HAVE glucose in your blood, the body will take the glucose first instead of the ketones.

The phenomen of ketosis is mostly seen in the human body in starving conditions, when you are low on glucose so your body will generate ketones to use as a source of energy. for exemple, diabetics, who can't take a huge glucose intake, are known to have a much bigger ketosis than non-diabetics people.

So my opinion is that it probably wouldn't be harmful (as not toxic) but it probably wouldn't do much to your metabolism, because your body would still use the glucose you got from your food intake as an energy source.

Hope it helps
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This has been discussed in another thread. See http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...y-ketones.html.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/138/125

Height: 5'4

Ketones are what your body expels when your body burns fat for energy, which I know sounds great but it also can mean your insulin is low. I've looked into the reviews and I haven't seen too many cringe-worthy reviews, but I'm not quite sure the "science" behind it adds up to me. What I've read essentially sums up to " Eat raspberries and chili peppers" to get the same chemicals in the supplements.
Luckenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Thanks ladies! Yea, I know all about ketons and ketosis. Thats why I was wondering what you all think. I know when you do very low carb diets, your body usually goes into ketosis, so I was curious how this pill was supposed to release ketones when you are still eating a good amount of carbs/sugar. Just doesnt seem to match up..
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote