Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:16 AM   #76  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

This is really weird, I just dropped another 1.5lbs. I did my measurements and they look to be shrinking also. I just always doubt wether I am doing them the same as last time. Breath in or out? Right hight? lol.

Anyhow - I did in no way eat another 3500 deficit in such a short time but must be the lowcarb and teh deficit I'd been building up but stalling. Dropped 4lbs in less than a week. :| - I eat 50g of carbs, 50g of fats and 100g of protein. Approx 1250 calories.

Update: I am a very carefull person, I won't call something a loss untill it's really been gone for a few days. Just like my scale actually said 132 this morning, I am calling it 133. BUT! I fit into european size 36 pants! They are worn pants so not as tight as brand new. And they are maybe a bit snug, but not hard to close. I AM SO HAPPY! This was one of my goals. Though obviously, if at this weight and with these fat leggs I fit into 36, maybe I should be shooting for 34. Haha.

Last edited by philana; 02-13-2012 at 06:28 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Congrats Philiana!! That's so exciting, your hard effort is paying off.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #78  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

philana and pinkrunner : congrats for the loss!

Monday is here again... god I want to go back to sleeeeeep hehe.

It is FREEZING cold here, making it hard to run (temperature : 14F, -2 F with the wind) and I really don,t want to go and run LOL.

My race is next monday though and I really want to go and run 2 times this week so my cardio will hold on next weekend.

I did okay with the food during the weekend, indulge a bit but not too much, cooked a lot to and freeze tons of healthy muffins and home made pumpkin bar. It's also my bf and I anniversary today, so we're going to indulge a bit tonight and have a nice (but healthy) meal.

Have a great day everyone!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #79  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone,

I was 131.5 on my scale this morning. I know the scale at my parents' house would say under 130 but I am going to use mine as the standard from here on out. I feel really good - I bought a juniors' size 7 dress a month and a half ago that I could barely squeeze into and now there is room aplenty.

Yesterday I had an early dinner/shopping/dessert outing with a girlfriend who recently got married. She made ginger/tangerine beef stir-fry and we had leftover cheesy baked potato and some bok choy. I bought a top (XS) and dress (S) from Charlotte Russe, which is a teenage girl juniors' type store, and we went to TCBY, the newest local addition to the dessert circuit - DIY buffet-style frozen yogurt with an extensive toppings bar. You can make it as healthy or as unhealthy as you want, but I obviously didn't stop at "nonfat tart with some berries on top" - I made an event of it!

Well done on losses philana and pinkrunner! I think 1200 is pretty low, kudos if you can stick to it, but I can lose on 1600 or less.

TurboMammoth I did well this weekend too - it did get goddang freezing cold, I was planning an epic hilly walk yesterday but I chickened out.

JoJoP Forgetting lunch is the worst! Sounds like you made the best of it though. I didn't pack a lunch today because I thought I was going to an "Asian/Pacific Islander Day" reception at my bf's work, but he's too busy. Looks like it's Subway today.

LisaTCan 135 is your stubborn number eh...mine is 132, my body really fights me to stay under 132.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Hey Ladies!

Such an active thread! I love it! I haven't had a chance to post. But from the little I've read, it looks like everyone is doing good. I didn't do good this weekend. But didn't do too bad. Friday was at 1400. But Saturday shot up to 3000 with alcohol and a late night snack. But I dont feel that bad, because even though it was a high calories day with alcohol, aside from the fries I had, everything was healthy. So my macros werent TOO too crazy. Sunday was just ok. About 1700 calories.

I am beginning to think my whoosh day at 134.4 was just a fluke. Not sure how. My body never just suddenly loses a bunch and then goes back to the previous number. If anything, I gain a few pounds from water weight and it goes down. So I am not sure if 134.4 is really where I am at but just am retaining a lot of water (like every day) or if 134.4 was a fluke. I dont see how though. I am eating well and running again. I should be losing. But according to the scale (minus the 134 day), I havent. We will see. Not getting discouraged. For some reason, I really believe its just my body adjusting. I am NOT used to being on my feet all day. I havent worked on my feet since I was 18 (7 years ago). I have had a sedentary job the past 7 years. My instincts are really telling me I am just retaining water. Or maybe I'm just being too optimistic lol

It's almost V day!
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:10 AM   #81  
say what?

omg - note of warning to all those considering low-carb: be aware of the carb hangovers that can happen.

I was doing good but yesterday decided I could go over my calories and carbs because I'd been eating so low-cal.. thought it be good for my body and all. Well, I got nauseaus after the carbs. And I woke up with the scale 1lb up, my head is about to burst, my nose is stuffed and I have had issues with jointpain for years that are just ick this morning.

I hadn't paid good enough attention to my body to be sure wether the joint pain was less, but I think it was. I am gonna stay low carb and am gonna log how my body feels. Because I remember feeling this crappy a lot, and I didn't feel like this the past few days off the carbs. So. WEIRD!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:32 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 192/134/127

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post
omg - note of warning to all those considering low-carb: be aware of the carb hangovers that can happen.

I was doing good but yesterday decided I could go over my calories and carbs because I'd been eating so low-cal.. thought it be good for my body and all. Well, I got nauseaus after the carbs. And I woke up with the scale 1lb up, my head is about to burst, my nose is stuffed and I have had issues with jointpain for years that are just ick this morning.

I hadn't paid good enough attention to my body to be sure wether the joint pain was less, but I think it was. I am gonna stay low carb and am gonna log how my body feels. Because I remember feeling this crappy a lot, and I didn't feel like this the past few days off the carbs. So. WEIRD!
Maybe you have an undiagnosed gluten intolerance?
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:47 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post

YES this is EXACTLY what happened to me a few years ago when I was doing low-carb! On occasion I would binge on carbs and then feel physically HORRIBLE the next day....all puffy and red and just ICK. I actually had to call in sick for work at one point!

Fortunately that hasn't happened this time around, but I haven't really done any serious binging in the month that I've been on my diet.
JoJoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #84  

krampus : I used to use different scales and it was driving me nuts, getting different numbers depending of the scale hehe. It seams you had some great shopping times! good for you!

dianne : ithe big whoosh (and than the return to normal) happened to me before too. it's quite frustrating, thinking that you finally got a massive loss and just going back to the same higher weight the next day! You're doing everything right though, so loosing will come, I'm sure of this

philana and jojo : carbs hang over? omg that must be not fun at all! I admire you so much for doing the low carb thing, I know I probably wouldn't be able to follow it.

Hi feathers!

Yesterday was the 3 years anniversary of my bf and I and we said that we wouldn't get gifts or anything, because we're going away for my race next weekend. This sweetheart of mine still got me floweeeers though! So sweet of him (...the cat declared war to the bouquet afterward though)

We had a nice meal, I ate too much but at least it was something home made that I knew was the most healthy it could be (alfredo pasta with sauce made of skim milk and grated parmesan, w/ broccoli and breast chicken meat). We also had wine and instead of going through the bottle as we usually would do, we had 2 cups and than put it away.... Really happy with our decisions!

We're not having much plan for Valentine's Day because we are always celebrating our anniversary the day before... Do you guys have some exciting plan for today?

Have a good day feathers!
Old 02-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #85  
say what?

moviegrl: I don't think it's gluten, I've always had jointissues because of sarcoidosis (it's in remission). But low-carb does treat my body nicely. Just should'nt go off all at once it just for the heck of it.

jojo: smart thing to do, not binging! I think i've learnt my lesson. I have to either seriously low-carb and carefully up my carbs when I want more or not even try low-carb. Can't just like that do what I did.

Turbo: Sounds like you had a really nice evening! Great for being smart about it and still having a great dinner . I'm sorry if I missed it but, what kinda race are you doing?

The carb thing is really not that hard. Once you eat low-carb you barely crave it. The reason it went wrong for me last night was that my mom made dinner with Pilaf Rice and I hadn't had even close to 50g of carbs yet so thought it would be okay. But since it's white rice and it was too much at once I got horrible cravings and thought to myself "ah, let's pig out one night because I ate too little these past days". I do eat easily below 1200 calories when eating low carb. But no pigging out anymore! Saw all my favorite carb filled foods in the grocery store today and just felt ick even considering eating it. Not after feeling so miserable from it.

--

I will see how I do on 1200 (sometimes less) calories. I just don't feel like I need more. But I also feel like I should eat more because it's that magic line everybody always mentions that says you shouldn't go under it. I could fill up on nuts a bit more to put in more calories but I just don't get hungry. So why eat when I am not hungry? It's probably going to be the hardest thing for me to figure out with this low-carbing. Eating stuff even though I don't feel the craving for it. I do enjoy my food once I eat it, but really... I just mostly eat it because it's about time. Just a few times I've felt my stomach telling me I should eat something since I started this.

Oh, and I just saw in my 'diet-notebook' that my restart was jan 14th, so a month ago exactly. And I lost 7lbs in one month, so that is actually quite good. It felt like it was going way slow, but it's not. Hihi.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #86  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

130.0 on my scale this morning, ahhhhh!!!!!!! Yesterday I wasn't very hungry at all and probably ate 1200-1300 total for the day - very rare for me.

My dude made me chocolates from scratch and gave them to me at midnight! Ahhhh!!! I just dropped off a bottle of his fav whiskey with his coworker who he has no idea I've been conspiring with.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 132/129/123

I do low carb too. once you dont eat them for a while you dont crave them, but i did the exact same thing this weekend! We went out to dinner and I did hit the bread basket at the end of the dinner. Next morning I felt terrible.

Tonight we are making a Vday dinner at home. I was going to make cauliflower gratin and my husband is making steak. I am making a banana cream pie. I am sure the scale is NOT going to like me tomorrow.
LoveSweetsCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #88  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone!

I have finally broken into the 130s and thought i'd drop in here and say hi! Yesterday, I had the day off (Happy birthday, Lincoln!) and ate two hundred calories more than planned, which means that I am eating 200 less today to make it up. Usually not a big deal, but with all the chocolate around me, it's going to be a little tougher!

krampus: homemade chocolates! that sounds so sweet! My husband would NEVER be able to make chocolates on his own. the most i can hope for are some flowers. :]
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #89  

philana : I am participating in my first race next monday (just for the fun though, I'm really a slow runner) during the Winterman Ottawa Marathon. I subscribed for the 10k I started running last summer and I have to say that training during the winter was the most difficult part of this LOL

krampus : yay for the 130 lbs! and your bf sounds charming with hhis chocolate at midnight

LoveSweetsCA : califlower gratin is such a good idea! I'll need to try that soon

jayohwhy : hi! congratulations on your weight loss process, impressive ticker
Old 02-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 140/120/105

Height: 5'2

Hey there, I'm fairly new and so just realized that this is probably where I need to be.
Shikshin is offline   Reply With Quote