Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #16  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

moviegrl: welcome! Jump right in . Just out of curiosity, how did you pull the ankle ligament? And what have you learnt from that experience? (So we can learn from it!) - Goodluck with building back up. I can undertsand having to go slow is frusterating.

Dianne: I understand how annoying it can be. In the summer I dropped the lbs so easily it's just annoying that this time around it takes forever. But we just have to sit it out! It sounds like you are eating healthy. So that's all you can do. You look to be at a good weight already, so I hope you also just enjoy your body! Those last lbs will come off eventually!

--
I am doing good, but TOM is around the corner which explain smy massive feeling of constant hunger. And I am having issues sleeping in so I'm living on 6-7 hours a night for over a week now. It's not horrible, but I really would like an 8hr night just once. And just after I prepared a bit of a high calorie lunch my mom announced she is making my favorite dish (turkish manti) tonight. The way she makes them they are easily 600 calories per serving. So I either starve the rest of the day to eat them or I say no. But i've been saying no to stuff I like that she makes the entire week because she just can't cook healthy. And out of everything she makes, this is my favorite. LOL. Dilemma's.

If I go for a run and do some other exercise I guess I could eat the manti and something high protein after dinner and just sleep early so I don;t get carb cravings. All this thinking, sometimes I tire myself. While other days it just goes smooth and without much thought.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:28 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post
moviegrl: welcome! Jump right in . Just out of curiosity, how did you pull the ankle ligament? And what have you learnt from that experience? (So we can learn from it!) - Goodluck with building back up. I can undertsand having to go slow is frusterating.

Dianne: I understand how annoying it can be. In the summer I dropped the lbs so easily it's just annoying that this time around it takes forever. But we just have to sit it out! It sounds like you are eating healthy. So that's all you can do. You look to be at a good weight already, so I hope you also just enjoy your body! Those last lbs will come off eventually!

--
I am doing good, but TOM is around the corner which explain smy massive feeling of constant hunger. And I am having issues sleeping in so I'm living on 6-7 hours a night for over a week now. It's not horrible, but I really would like an 8hr night just once. And just after I prepared a bit of a high calorie lunch my mom announced she is making my favorite dish (turkish manti) tonight. The way she makes them they are easily 600 calories per serving. So I either starve the rest of the day to eat them or I say no. But i've been saying no to stuff I like that she makes the entire week because she just can't cook healthy. And out of everything she makes, this is my favorite. LOL. Dilemma's.

If I go for a run and do some other exercise I guess I could eat the manti and something high protein after dinner and just sleep early so I don;t get carb cravings. All this thinking, sometimes I tire myself. While other days it just goes smooth and without much thought.
I too have this problem with my mom's cooking. It is SO good. It's my comfort food and I always feel bad saying no to it. She tries to be mindful of how she makes everything and for the most part its healthy, but very calorie dense. I think your idea to work out a littler harder is a good idea. Then you can ENJOY the dinner and not be thinking of how many calories are in it the entire time your eating it!

My weight on the left is a lie lol Thats where I was last time I was dieting and got to a pretty comfortable spot with my body. Not at goal but I still actually didnt mind what I saw in the mirror. I have since gained back 8 solid pounds of fat. It is NOT pretty. I am very disappointed in myself. Hopefully eliminating the soy I have been eating does the trick. I really think thats whats been doing it..
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #18  
say what?

Oh Dianne, that does suck! You'll get it to go away eventually though. But I understand the feeling. I maintained for 6months and now it just won't go at the same speed as it did the first time. And I bascially see myself the same again as I did the firts time I started (at 156). While I know I am no longer overweight and people wouldn't describe me as fat. I still feel ick. Like I need to atleast lose 5 to 10lbs to feel like it means something again. A trail of thought I have to stay mindfull of obviously. As it's not a really good body image.

My mom just does not know what healthy is. She thinks she does. So I try and explain stuff here and there but it doesn't always register. She also needs more than 2000calories a day to not lose weight due to very active lifestyle. While she is 4lbs lighter than me! WHA. Unfair. lol.

I am starting to rub off on them after I moved back in a few months ago. I am buying my own groceries, with lots of nuts and fruits. And Now she is buying them too because it's good for her and her husband she says. So yay! Haha. They barely ate fruit before I moved in. She also eats more whole wheat because I request her to use that when cooking.

JUST did a 2.6mile run with the dog through the snow, it was awesome. Only 270 calories but heck. Better than none. After my postworkout smoothie I am just satiated and tired anyhow.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Ugh, so I still weighted in at 138 this morning so I'm changing my ticker. I am sick, constipated from all the medication and about to get my period so hopefully it will go down but I want to be accountable. Sorry if that was too much information!!

Have a good weekend ladies
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #20  
say what?

Feathers, I just found my picture from when I started in the summer, before my 6month maintenance and a pic of this week. I really don't see a difference. Must be because of the jacket. Most of my weight went off my belly+ backrolls. LOL

I fear my leggs will never be skinny

(grey pants is before, brown pants is now)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg juli 2011.jpg (41.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg beofre 90day challenge.jpg (17.8 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by philana; 02-04-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 130/104/95

Height: 4'10"

Philana, I didn't see where you had classified which picture was which and I was thinking, "It kind of looks like you gained weight." But, now that I know which is which, I can definitely see it! Your thighs are slimmer, along with your hips. I can't really tell about your arms because of the jacket, but either way, you look great!
mrmoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #22  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

philana : it shows a lot in your hips! Keep focus, you're doing so good.

Hey all!

I hope everyone is doing fine. We had a birthday party last night and a brunch this morning and I ate wayyyy too much. I AM so expecting a gain.

Tomorrow is the superbowl, and I got some healthy football food. I'll try to go for a run and control myself... The race is in 2 weeks, it's time to make the last training effort!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

Philana, I know how you feel...my bottom half is short and stubby =/ At my thinnest a few years ago, I looked overly skinny on top but still a bit plump in my legs!
JoJoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Philiana - I can definitely tell you've lost weight, everyone has an area that doesn't go down quite as well as others. I have skinny legs but a really think torso, I hate that too!

So I guess I spoke to soon because, I weighted in today at 136. Maybe that was just water weight. I'm really sick and my boyfriend is in DC (where his office is) so I've been home alone all weekend and I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself! Hopefully I'll be better by tomorrow.

Turbo - good luck at superbowl!
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 192/134/127

Height: 5'3.75"

Philana, I didn't feel any one event that did it but I was running the same route over and over part of which involved running in a curved ditch. The angle my foot was continually at, aggravated it.
It also probably didn't help that I wasn't resting properly in between, I was adding mileage to fast and generally just jumping in head first like I always do when I find something I really enjoy. Also I was adding the running to turbo fire which is a lot of jumping and plyometrics as well

Hope this helps
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 165/106/96

Height: 5'2

Hi there fellow feathers,

I've been stuck in the very low 120s for a while now. I have gone from a mostly sedentary lifestyle to a job that has me standing/walking/lifting 6-14 hours 3-6 days a week. When using an online calorie calculator how would one classify my current lifestyle? Right now I'm 5'3 121 lbs and I spent the last 4 days standing for 12 hour shifts.

I would like to work out my abs and arms more, but by the time I get home I'm too tired and I have a dog to walk and paperwork, housework, friends, etc. I'm also a full time student. I'm not losing much weight and I eat a very healthy diet so I'm thinking that maybe I'm not consuming enough calories now that I might have a more active lifestyle.
Soon2BSlender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #27  

Lisa : nice for you being back at 136! Water weight can mess up with us so bad!

moviegrl : I was the saaame as you for just running too much at the beginning. As you said, it's hard to not jump on it when you discover a sport you like. I injred myself pretty bad, I had to stop running for almost a month... bad experience

soontobslender : I had the same problem for working out my abs and arms. I'm a full time student too, and I don't have much time to go to the gym during the week. I got a yoga mat and I do my abs work out on that with the RandomAbs workout out (random abs workout routine posted everyday, no account needed) For the arms, I do push up and I bought some elastic everlast cable. It takes me about 15 minutes a day, and I do that while the dinner is cooking or something like that.

*** ¸

SUUUUPER BOOOOWL! I can't wait for it to start LOL. My home made chicken tights are in the marinade right now and my tortilla pizza is waiting to be cooked. I went out and ran a 10k this afternoon, at least the 700 calories burned will help me to not feel so bad about my gain tomorrow lol

Hope you're having a good weekend (and GO GIANTS! )
Old 02-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 165/106/96

Height: 5'2

Turbomammoth, I really should try to get some pushups in. That is something I could do.

I'm not too concerned about exercise right now. My body is so exhausted (legs are numb) that I can barely will myself to eat. I'm worried my weight loss is stalling because even though I'm eating healthy food, I'm eating the right amount for when I was sitting at a desk or sleeping all day. I don't know if I'm getting enough calories for being on my feet all day. I don't see myself significantly increasing my exercise so I'm just trying to figure out how many calories someone of my size should be eating on the days where I'm standing/interacting with people/lifting 5-20lbs for 12 hours?
Soon2BSlender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #29  

Soon2Bslender : you can look at some websites to have so ideas on how many calories you should have everyday (I know that the Ensure website do something like that). Maybe an appointment with a nutrition person would help too. Good luck with that

Hey feathers!

I was supposed to WI today but I delay that to tomorrow... My body is screaming WATER RETENTION!!!! after the food I had yesterday. I'll try to wash the most of it today by drinking tons of water but honestly, I'm still expecting a gain

This week : freakin back on track!

Have a good monday everyone
Old 02-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 192/134/127

Height: 5'3.75"

I woke up retaining today too, must be something in the water lol.

Could barely bend my fingers. This is a chronic problem for me, it seems the least amount of salt and I blow up like a puffer fish. Anyone have any ideas as to how to handle this, my weigh in is tomorrow (I'm in WW), and I'm afraid it will not be better by then.
moviegrl1737 is offline   Reply With Quote