Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Sure is quiet!

Today's my weigh in, and I'm having to write down a +.8 gain from last week, putting me at 122.8lbs. I have counted my calories carefully this week -- I haven't been hitting 1200, but nothing higher than 1450 (even the night I accidentally crammed some rice krispies treats into my mouth before I could stop myself) -- so I'm not sure what gives. Salt? Also, I'm trying to catch a cold, so that could be it. Been popping Zicam like crazy, but each morning I wake up feeling a little worse. That could have something to do with the gain.

Oh well! Hopefully it just means I'll be down even more next week.

My boyfriend's boss went to Switzerland for a ski trip and brought my boyfriend a TON of chocolate. In our house we seriously have like 8 HUGE chocolate bars and 2 boxes of truffles and a big bag of different kinds of chocolate bark. It's so, so hard to leave it alone -- but I've been doing fairly well! I've been eating about 100 calories worth a night.

I'm making a big pork roast with apples and onions on Sunday, but otherwise I should be able to stick to my calories this weekend. I hope!

How is everyone else doing?
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #47  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Sounds impossible Dorian! Resisting chocolate like that. Hihi. I am doing great with my cravings but chocolate would be difficult.

After struggling to get back into the weightloss swing of things for 2 weeks I am finally there. I am sticking to plan for a few days now, and I saw my first pound loss. I am pretty sure if I stick to it like I did in the summer I'll lose atleast 5 to 10lbs pretty easy. From there on it's gonna be super hard work I think.

Looking back I am still pretty proud that even though I did not excersise and eat super healthy since I lost those first 9 lbs in the summer, I haven't gained. I lost it pretty quickly and was afraid I'd gain it back super easily but so far so good. Yay.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:34 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Dorian - I'm sure it's just water retention, that always happens to me when I'm sick. Yeah, my family constantly give me junk food..thankfully my boyfriend eats it all pretty quickly.

Phillian - yeah, maintaining is pretty tough, so good for you. I'm sure if you stick to it you'll be able to lose the rest.

I'm down to 134! I'm pretty excited as this puts be 9lbs away from my goal..even though I would kinda of like to get down to 122..I don't really think that will happen.

I haven't changed much, just eating 1500 calories a day and I guess the weight is slowly coming off. I wish I could stick to 1200 but I have so much trouble! I'm out for dinner with friends tonight and brunch tomorrow so it'll be a tough weekend. However I went out last night and I was able to have 2 light beers, 2 chicken wings and a couple fries and we were out for 4 hours!
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 137/133/115

I hit 130 yesterday..hooray for breastfeeding! Today I swapped pop for diet and am not going to eat out as much due to being off work...my goal is 120 by April!
kwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #50  

Oh dear. I had a truly awful weekend. Actually, that's not true, I had a WONDERFUL weekend, but my eating was awful. Pizza, a hockey game with lots of beer, chinese buffet, a big pork roast I cooked on Sunday... I didn't DARE get on the scale this morning.

I am having trouble finding a happy medium between being the fun, carefree (and pudgy) girlfriend who can eat whatever her boyfriend's eating and drink as much as he does, and the thin, hot girlfriend who watches her calories but isn't much fun to be around because she's always worrying about what she's eating.

There's a lacy corset that I want for when I hit 120lbs, which I had planned for around Valentine's day. I'm still hoping I can hit that goal. I am tempted to buy the corset now and just have it for when I hit that goal on Valentine's day, but then I worry that if I don't make it to 120lbs by then, it's like I didn't deserve it. I'm not sure what to do about that. Hopefully I can buckle down here and start making some progress.

How was everyone else's weekend?
Old 01-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #51  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Hi everyone! Mind if I join? :S

I discovered today about this featherweight threads! I've been haning around the Weight Watchers thread since I started dieting in May 2011 and I'm still pretty active in the WW section, I feel like I could use the help of people who are fighting to loose the freaking last pounds that are like sticking around!!

So I'm basically following a WW-like routine (I don't really counts everything anymore, I just try to make good food-wise decisions) and working out (jogging 3 times a week, re-starting indoor hockey soon, and muscular training at home). I've lost about 38 pounds since I started, but it feels like I've been ''7-8 pounds away from goal'' since FOREVEEEER.

My goal would be 140 pounds ultimatly, but I'll see when I get there if I want to loose more.

Dorian, I saw you enjoy hockey? Hurricanes fan, I guess? I love hockey too! (even if the team I'm cheering for is litteraly suckiiiiing this year).
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #52  

Hi Turbo! Welcome!! Yes, my poor wittle Hurricanes. :/ The beau and I have season tickets -- the team seems to have just figured out how to play hockey. Too little, too late.

Promise us Hurricanes fans are not all drunk rednecks.

What's your team, Turbo?
Old 01-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian5 View Post
Hi Turbo! Welcome!! Yes, my poor wittle Hurricanes. :/ The beau and I have season tickets -- the team seems to have just figured out how to play hockey. Too little, too late.

Promise us Hurricanes fans are not all drunk rednecks.

What's your team, Turbo?
God, I'm almost shy to say it with the CRAPPY season my team is having. I cheer for the Canadians! Go Habs go! LOL

But god they suck SOOO hard this year... It's just incredible. At this point, my boyfriend and I just want them to finish last so we can pick first at the draft LOL

Lucky you and your season tickets! Those are just not affordable around here lol. Even normal tickets are super hard to get!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #54  
Getting serious

S/C/G: 129/126/119

Height: 5'4.5"

Hey Dorian, this is going to be really cheesy, but...

Buy the corset. In the long run, what is two pounds, really? I'm sure you look great, and if it's something you really want, you shouldn't punish yourself if you haven't lost a couple of pounds by that date. I know it's not a big deal, but I think back on all of the times I've done that to myself, like "I don't want to get this because I haven't lost 5 lbs" or "I'm not going to do this because I feel fat". The truth of the matter is, none of us in featherweights is overweight, we're just losing those last vanity pounds that will make us feel fantastic rather than just okay.

I'm not trying to be preachy or tell you what to do, but I think sometimes we all need to relax a little and realize that there is always time to lose the weight, but we only have the present right now. I'm not saying to throw caution to the wind and eat an entire bag of Oreos (haha), but sometimes it's okay to just be, you know?

I guess what I'm trying to say is make sure that you enjoy yourself while you work toward your goal, and don't put things in life on hold until you reach it. I'm not saying that a corset is putting your life on hold, but just make sure you don't deprive yourself of things you deserve because of a couple of pounds. I think I'm writing this for myself just as much as I am for you. I feel that I've spent so much time worrying and obsessing over a few pounds that at times it has made me somewhat anxious.

Okay, I'm done with my sermon :-) And if you decide not to buy it, that is totally your choice and I respect it because we all operate in different ways. I also want to say that I'm not insinuating that you're putting life on hold, because this is a message board and we really don't know that much about each other. I think I'm talking more to myself, but I just thought I'd throw in my opinion, however ridiculous and preachy it might seem
pinkrunner115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrunner115 View Post
Hey Dorian, this is going to be really cheesy, but...

Buy the corset. In the long run, what is two pounds, really? I'm sure you look great, and if it's something you really want, you shouldn't punish yourself if you haven't lost a couple of pounds by that date. I know it's not a big deal, but I think back on all of the times I've done that to myself, like "I don't want to get this because I haven't lost 5 lbs" or "I'm not going to do this because I feel fat". The truth of the matter is, none of us in featherweights is overweight, we're just losing those last vanity pounds that will make us feel fantastic rather than just okay.

I'm not trying to be preachy or tell you what to do, but I think sometimes we all need to relax a little and realize that there is always time to lose the weight, but we only have the present right now. I'm not saying to throw caution to the wind and eat an entire bag of Oreos (haha), but sometimes it's okay to just be, you know?

I guess what I'm trying to say is make sure that you enjoy yourself while you work toward your goal, and don't put things in life on hold until you reach it. I'm not saying that a corset is putting your life on hold, but just make sure you don't deprive yourself of things you deserve because of a couple of pounds. I think I'm writing this for myself just as much as I am for you. I feel that I've spent so much time worrying and obsessing over a few pounds that at times it has made me somewhat anxious.

Okay, I'm done with my sermon :-) And if you decide not to buy it, that is totally your choice and I respect it because we all operate in different ways. I also want to say that I'm not insinuating that you're putting life on hold, because this is a message board and we really don't know that much about each other. I think I'm talking more to myself, but I just thought I'd throw in my opinion, however ridiculous and preachy it might seem

I love this!! This is exactly what I have been trying to tell myself for sooo long. You never want to look back and regret not living life and not enjoying the present. I just started working in the hospitals and it has really put things in perspective. While I still am very determined to get to goal, I am no longer putting so much pressure on myself. I see patients who are on life support just holding on to their last minutes (only 55 years old) and here I am stressing and stressing over 10 pounds. Goals are awesome and essential as long as we can still see the bigger picture and the things that really matter in life

Oh and Dorian this post was not aimed towards you. Like pinkrunner said, its me talking my own thoughts lol You seem to have a great head on your shoulders. I dont worry about you!!!
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #56  

Well, I was going to wait to weigh in, but I found myself on the scale this morning, expecting a high number from the weekend, even after an awesome day on-plan yesterday. What do you know, I'm at a new low, 121.8lbs. Sheesh, I make myself crazy sometimes worrying about stuff.

---

TurboMammoth - Haha, aww, well we're about at the same rung of the ladder, so I know the feeling! Although I'm used to my crappy hockey team so I don't expect much, it's probably a little different since yours is usually a good team.

Aww, pinkrunner115, I loved that. : Thank you. And I do think you're right, it's not like I'm trying to get to a weight so that I can get a certain size or anything, I'm going to be in the same size regardless. It's hard to get out of the mind set that I'm flaking out on a commitment by buying my "reward" when I haven't actually put in the "work" -- but it's just a dangerous, depressing way of thinking. I'm going to go ahead an buy it simply because I want it! And it's for Valentine's Day, which is one of my favorite holidays. Plus I think my honey would like it, I have a HUGE drawer full of frilly lace stuff that doesn't fit me anymore. Thanks for the reality check. And I hope this means you will be pursuing the things you want, too, regardless of a few pounds. You too, Dianne042425, make sure you're treating yourself with the things that make you happy.

Keep it up, everyone!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #57  
Neytiri Wannabe

Height: 5'0"

I really enjoyed reading the last few posts this morning. It was a good reminder to me, because I can easily be obsessive. Sometimes my mind set is my worst enemy!
PixieChix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

I agree with everyone, you should go for it Dorian. You've even inspired me to buy something frilly for my self for Valentines Day!
I discovered there is a gym that is open 24/7 2 blocks from my house. I think I'm going to switch to that so I can make less excuses about going to the gym. Mine currently takes about 30 minutes to get to so I have trouble finding the time and the motivation. My friend is also thinking about joining me
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #59  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Dorian, definitely go for the corset. 2 lbs when you're 5'4 and 122 or less ain't no thang. And you could easily just take a laxative or starve for a day and get there, but it wouldn't be "real" loss - but healthy happy people's weight fluctuates, and that's the way she goes. Be the fun thin girlfriend who lets go on special occasions but not all the time, and you'll stay thin!

I've been keeping in great control eating-wise lately and am hanging around 131-132 lbs which is "ok" by my own standards. Hoping to keep this up, with the exception of a chicken wing festival this weekend.

Last edited by krampus; 01-24-2012 at 12:14 PM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #60  

Dorian : LOL we'll comfort each other when our team won't make it to the playoffs this spring then!

LisaTcan : Going to a closer gym is a super idea And a friend going with you is even more awesome!!

My weight it like a yoyo theses days. I was down 2 pounds on monday, up 2 pounds today, it's exhausting. I hate too much for lunch, but it was some healthy food (at least...). I'll go for a run tonight to shake this body up!

I hope you're having a good day!!