Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #16  
I Will Because I Can

S/C/G: 167/130

Height: 5'6

Krampus, I was in your shoes for most of July and August (not the depression, but the blowing up. I reached 142 at one point, when I was 132 at the beginning of July) and I felt like total garbage. I couldn't even fit into my clothes and had to buy a couple pairs of bigger shorts. I finally pulled myself together at the end of last month and it's amazing how much better I feel after a few days of working out and healthy eating again. It will get better for you too.

Pinkrunner, it's awesome thtat you're running and recovery is improving. If you are feeling good and your clothes are getting looser, I don't know that I'd even need to step on the scale. I totally hear you on the cake.... I can't stop eating cake until it's gone!

cantgetenoughchoc, it sounds like you've been busy! Celebrities have nutritionists, chefs, personal trainers, and it's there job to be perfect (sometimes too thin) so try not to let it get you down.

As for me, scale went down this morning, so I'm happy about that! I signed up for a RUNdead Zombie Adventure run on October 30th. I haven't been running since June... but I thought, 3 or 4 miles, no big deal (you have to find your own path, so there's no set distance). Well I jumped on the treadmill last night and wanted to die after 5 minutes. There's definitely some motivation!
OhThePlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

I've been so, so bad for the past 2 months. I believe the binge/restrict roller coaster is coming to a stop now and I'm averaging 1300 calories or so a day lately. TOM is going to be a pain this week but hopefully I can satisfy the sweet cravings with things that are better -- I made healthy banana bread last night, I had a slice of that with a smear of peanut butter before bed to bring myself to 1300 calories.

I don't want to even LOOK at the scale! I was 124.4 last Friday after getting to 120.4 the Saturday prior! That's crazy, ugh. And TOM is sure to screw with the numbers.

Everything still fits okay as far as my clothes go, but I just feel jiggly! Blech.

I was doing great with my running for a while but now I think I'm going to focus on getting my eating habits under control before getting back into it again.

krampus - I hope you feel better soon.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

What have I done to myself? Ugggh. I bought a new (to me) minivan last Friday. Saturday night, we had a quick but strong storm and two big tree limbs smashed my new van. I spent Saturday cleaning up the yard, 16 bags of debris. My body was pretty sore Sunday, but manageable. I wanted to go for a run and figured it would help to loosen up my tight muscles, so I went for a 2.5 mile run, the low end of my usual range of between 2.5 and 4. Sunday night, the backs of thighs were pretty sore, Monday morning I had some mild pain, by Tuesday walking, bending, and stairs were killer, now today it is on the high end of what I would call moderate pain and hurt to push the gas peddle driving, both thighs, but the left is getting better, while the right is getting worse. I would say a pulled hamstring, but odd for both legs, and would it a hamstring get worse as the days went on? It just felt like regular muscle soreness after a new workout at first. I know, I know "see a doctor." I don't have insurance and am not going to spend a couple hundred dollars to hear RICE. Just a whine and moan and wondering what the heck it could be.
On a good note, I have ended the summer wearing the same size as when summer began. Normally, all the clothes I buy in June are too tight by September, so this is a major victory for me LOL
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #19  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I have been 135 the past two mornings and have calmed down with eating. Exercise is still more or less nonexistent with this rain, but I am doing little things here and there like crunches, squats, or throwing boxes around at work.

I wonder sometimes where it all went wrong...I'm still up like 10 lbs from Christmas!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 129/127.5/112

Height: 5'0.5" (It matters!)

aimeebell - If i were you I'd just leave it for a few days. Rest those aching muscles, and hopefully you will be better give it time. If it's no better in a few more days then perhaps go see a doctor, but as you say if it's all over then the chances of you injuring lots of muscles is a bit slim. They probably weren't warmed up before you used them.

krampus - Oh dear. Well Christmas is ages away! Hopefully you'll be back around the same weight again by then.

---

I dared weigh myself again today. I was 124.5lbs! Only 1lb gain for a couple of weeks of eating crap! I'm surprised, but so pleased. It doesn't explain why I feel so big though. Oh well, I can't complain! I still didn't exercise today, but I have eaten healthily at least. Hopefully I'll exercise tomorrow... I have 2 and a half weeks left until I go back to uni. In that time I can potentially get down to 120 ish. Well... probably not, but wish me luck!

Last edited by cantgetenoughchoc; 09-07-2011 at 02:13 PM.
cantgetenoughchoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

oh my gosh, aimeebell, your poor car. I hope your legs get better. Could just be from the cleanup. are you driving the new car? Is it possible the seats hit your muscles strangely? I had that happen to my back when borrowing a friend's truck.
Whatever it is, I hope it passes soon.

Sounds like some of us have struggled through the last month. I know August was a bust for me. I've kicked up my exercise in September and now I'll work on the eating part.

I agree with Jamie, cantgetenoughchoc, celebrities are barely real people, so no need to compare your BMI to them.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #22  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Well, 10 whole days in to the diet and i'm feeling thinner!! And still motivated - hurray!! And the scales says theres 1.5kg (about 3lb) less of me - double hurray!!

So after putting it off for literally months, i finally showed up at a weights class at the gym last night (BodyPump). I went fairly moderately and I was ok when i got up this morning but now i'm at work the soreness is starting to kick in, and i know i'm going to be hobbling around like aimeebell by tomorrow!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #23  
Bacon makes it better.

S/C/G: 135/128/106

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get bikini ready, for what I don't know since I live in NY and beach weather is now ten months away. I suppose if I reach my goal weight earlier, I can always arrange a trip to Florida!

I'm just started Medifast and I'm surprised at how much I like it. I'm hoping to lose ten lbs by Halloween!

Ange- Good for you for showing up at the weights class! Krampus- maybe a short term goal would help?
SkinnyBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:44 AM   #24  
learning maintenance

About 10 hrs since my last update and i'm finding stairs particularly challenging! Oooohhhh, my quads, and inner thighs!! Pecs are sore too.... (whinge whinge)
Old 09-08-2011, 04:09 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi featherweights!
I've been maintaining 135-138 for the last five months and am trying to make that 130-135 range by the end of the year. I would really like to make 136 my redline instead of my median and fit into size 6 across all brands. Also, tonight is the first night of a four month rotation on graveyard shift. I always eat more on graves, it's just part of staying awake I guess. I lost most of my weight on overnight shifts, so it is possible. I'm just so worried I'll pack it back on.

So, here I am. First night on graves, 136.0 this morning.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #26  

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone!

I've missed too much and have so little time to do personals, next time! I am still living with my mum, moving into my new houseshare on Sunday and start my course on Monday eek! I'm trying my best to eat healthily while I'm here, which is hard because nobody else does! I am taking the puppy for walks though so that's helping. I can't wait to move in on my own though (would be better with my bf (( long distance sucks) and order my organic fruit and veg box, cycle to uni and run along the Thames! I've decided on Paleo (+ yoghurt at breakfast time!). I'll get my body fat and fitness tested soon then it is game on!

Have a good week everyone
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

ange82much : You are so making me want to try body pump!
claire0412: What is Paleo?

The party didn't do any damage and I tried my first Zumba class on tuesday. I'm thinking about going to an ab class tonight if it's not raining too hard.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #28  
Bacon makes it better.

S/C/G: 135/128/106

Height: 5'1.5"

from the box- Wow! You have lost a lot of weight. I have never worked a graveyard shift, but I know a lot of people gain weight on them. Best of luck!

Claire- Where does your bf live? I agree, it is difficulty to eat well when nobody around you does. That is why these forums are so important.
SkinnyBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:51 PM   #29  
learning maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliesinmycereal View Post
ange82much : You are so making me want to try body pump!
The party didn't do any damage and I tried my first Zumba class on tuesday. I'm thinking about going to an ab class tonight if it's not raining too hard.
You should definitely try BodyPump if you've not done it - but go easy on the weights first time!

I'm not coordinated enough to do Zumba, it looks scary!! I like BodyAttack and Combat and Step though although to be honest i mainly stick to RPM or other spin classes most often.

Ab class sounds like torture too. My abs are shocking at the moment, but i'm working on it.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 124/123/115

Height: 5'1"

Hey Feathers,
I'm taking a break from losing weight for a while. Today I had a positive pg test! We were trying, but I didn't expect it so fast. I will be continuing eating well and exercising as much as possible. With my daughter I was lifting weights until 3 weeks before she came and walking the whole time. I am feeling so fluffy already, bleh. I would like to not gain as much weight as the first time, but without morning sickness to curb my appetite, I gained right from the beginning. I just need to remember that I don't really need to eat for two.

GL to everyone, I may still pop in sometimes.
Amy3680 is offline   Reply With Quote