Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-14-2011, 01:26 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

so I also went over to the 20-somethings photos. Skinnyelle, I agree that you look great in both before and after photos. Nice legs! And arms!

And Dorian, how cute are you! You have that "quirky chick" thing going that I wish I could pull off, but alas, I'm quirky in far more boring ways (and I hope that came out okay, I mean it very much as a compliment, of course!) Oh, and nice legs, too!

krampus, sorry about your knee and your not so great day. I hope you're on the mend.

I had a good eating day today. Not much exercise, but overall the last week I've been doing pretty well.

I weighed in down a little on Monday, after a couple of weeks of no movement, so that was nice, especially since I ate some extra calories during my week of painting.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:42 AM   #92  

Height: 5'8

ann Good news that the scale is going down! Painting burns more calories than you think

skinnyelle I hope you are feeling better now! I must be lucky in that I don't like popcorn (or anything salty, bleugh) but I always want M&Ms when we go and see films. Or pick n mix. Mmm. Well done for resisting!

Mortonpixie Sorry I completely cross posted with you last time. Good luck with your stuff, it is secretly nice to be busy though isn't it?! I am in awe that you can balance children, exercise and your social duties too!

Dianne I have just noticed they feel better, whether they look better to anyone else I don't know!

Dorian I hope you had a nice dinner at Wholefoods! I am not used to there being any calorie information about where I go out to eat (with one exception), so I always just guesstimate. I think the US is the only country that does it, and maybe the UK now (they didn't when I last lived there but they are never far behind you!) It is useful, I wish more places would do it here! I hardly ever eat in chains though (anti-globalisation principles and all that, my new Starbucks boycott kills me every time I walk past) so it probably wouldn't help anyway. Would be nice though!

Philana Don't sweat 550cal dinners, that is OK!

I feel like crap today because I have stomach troubles (stress related, stupid uni). On the upside, I don't feel like eating much! I am preparing my move back to the UK too (like you Krampus!), not looking forward to it.

To cheer myself up, I have found a triathlon club where I'll be living so I will start that in September (maybe just cycling and swimming till the foot completely heals). I am so looking forward to it! My main ambition is to get hardcore and be able to beat boys. I wouldn't call myself an athlete yet (ha far from it) but it is work in progress (and one of my goals in life, hehe). I hope I can do my first triathlon next year. I was planning on it this August but the foot operation got in the way!

Have a good day!
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #93  

hello, how's it going? I love this forum as it's so supportive and makes me feel i'm not alone, especially as people on other diet forums can be dismissive if you only have 15lbs to lose. Some people in real life can be dismissive too...like 'Oh, you're in the healthy bmi range aren't you?' (yeh, but the high end) or they say things like 'Oh relax, you're curvy, it's okay, it's sexy' (only it isn't sexy as I feel kind of bulgy and I know I look better when I'm slinkier)

My Mum and Sister, who are both slim, understand at least...which is good, although I don't see them that often.

Anyway am not happy with my weight...which is still about 130lbs, but...if I get own to 120 am buying myself a new dress...

you guys are great, sorry for going on about myself too much
Heleninedinburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

AimeebellJust stop eating so much crap. Get out there and run. When you eat better, you feel better. QUIT SABOTAGING YOURSELF!

Do I look crazy when I talk to myself? LOL Been hiding from the scale, hiding from the board, hiding from myself since Friday. I don't know what has gotten into me, other than a whole lot of food!
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Happy Friday Eve everyone!

I am excited because the scale went down another .4 pounds in two days! I just want to get back to my old weight already!! lol Ive never stuck with a "diet" long enough to see when my plateau is. I'm very curious as to know when my weight loss will slow down significantly. When I was "dieting" before, I got to about 128 and was still losing rather fast. Which tells me my body was not happy at the higher weight. its ready to get rid of the fat. I just NEED to stick with it.

Dorian You are too funny! I do the same thing. I try on this outfit that is just a bit too tight. I probably need to lose about 5 or 7 pounds to fit in it comfortably (junior size 3), and I keep trying it on every day too. Hah so you are not alone nor are you weird! Im excited to watch you on your weight loss journey. I have a feeling you are going to go all the way

Philana Man, I envy people like you. I wish I was satisfied easily. Im the type that cant just have one thing at a meal. I need a variety of things in each meal otherwise I feel deprived. I try to hit around 20-25g of protein in every meal. Maybe thats why I get so much in? I dont think 60g is too low..

Helen Welcome!! We are about the same weight and have the same goal! So lets do it together
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

124.6lbs still this morning after rice and soy sauce-laden dinner, so I'm hoping that my official weigh in day tomorrow is lower!

Harry Potter comes out tonight, woohoo! I don't know how I'm gonna wait until Saturday to see it though, ugh!

I've decided to take it easy on Saturday and instead of having a "free day" I'm just going to have a "free meal" so I don't go to overboard. Then avoid the scale for a few days.

I'm on a pretty good kick lately as far as my eating habits! My exercise is lacking, I need to get back on that horse.

---

philana - Yuck, sorry about the cold weather! Glad to hear you're still pushing yourself to work hard! Like claire0142 said, 550 isn't bad at all, I had salmon avocado sushi last night with brown rice and a big container of coconut water, I was around 550calories myself. It worked perfectly into my 1350 for the day, no sweat! You're doing beautifully, I understand the strive for diet perfection -- I just gotta remind myself that this is a forever lifestyle change, and I sure as **** plan on eating a healthy portion of sushi or pasta now and then for the rest of my life! Keep on keeping on!

ann71 - You are so sweet, I am most definitely quirky, haha. Never really could fit in, so I figured I may as well look like I'm trying to stand out on purpose! Glad you saw a drop on the scale, that's always excellent motivation!

claire0412 - I did have a great dinner, I ended up getting sushi after all. Yeah I can find calorie counts for most everything; however, as far as being accurate, who knows. Phew, kudos to you, Starbucks suckers me in constantly. :/ I'm sorry to hear about your tummy troubles and stress, that's awful. I hope things calm down for you soon! Glad you found a triathlon club where you're going, that's exciting!

Heleninedinburgh - Welcome! I used to get that all the time -- "oh, you're curvy and women are supposed to have some fat anyway." Not THAT much! You'll have to show us a picture of your new dress when you get to 120!

aimeebell - Tough love, I like it! Just hop right back on plan, you'll be feeling great again in no time!

Dianne042425 - Let's BOTH go all the way! This weight is just slinging off of you left and right, your body must be ready to get it off! I'm like you, I have to have different sides with my food. Salad for lunch (with fruit and cottage cheese on the side) or a veggie burger (with a side of squash fries) -- it helps to have variety so I'm not bored.

GREAT WORK everyone!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #97  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

claire - lol! that sounds like a great goal, beating boys! too bad you aren't looking forward to the move, though totally understandable. It's raining cats and dogs here, I can't even imagine in what horror state the UK must be. So stormy!

Dianne - How do you get 20mg's of protein in a meal? Do you use supplements? And yeh, I'm satiated pretty easily I guess. Never looked at it that way. My main issue is having lots of food infront of me and then eating it. But if I have small portions and there just ain't anything to be done about it, then I'm fine.

Dorian - thanks for the compliments! I'm prettty psyched about it all still. I've never before had the energy and the drive to stick to it. And that's really mostly because of you guys! If you are all doing it or have done it, then so can I?! Harry Potter! I want to go, but have to wait atleast a week. And the movie theatre is going to be hard, because watching a movie without popcorn or chocolatechips just aint right.

---

So... The scale at the gym (which is like set up all proper) puts met 4lbs heavier than my scale at home. So, basically.. the difference between when I started and now. I think I'll change my current weigth to the scale at the gym because else I'm gonna feel like I'm cheating and I'll constantly know that it's not my actual weight. But - it's also gonna mean there's no difference in my mind to how much I weighed before I started and how much I weigh now. ARGH.

Oh well, minor setback. I'll get over it.

Last edited by philana; 07-14-2011 at 04:15 PM. Reason: deleting the boring stuff and adding serious stuff
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

Today makes detox day 7...
I got to lunch time and decided I really wanted something else besides raw veggies, salad and/or some mixture of fruit. I had about 6 oz of baked fish, cooked veggies, and a dry (no dressing) mixed salad. Seemed to be just what the doctor ordered.

I planned to see how many weeks I could stick with raw fruits and veggies and turns out its one, lol. But honestly after the past week....eating only healthy, whole, non-processed foods and staying within my calorie budget going forward seems like it'll be a cake walk. The detox definitely reset my taste buds and cravings. Ive been dying for a nice piece of white fish and some cooked veggies and a few nuts. A far cry from the pizza, french fries, and cake I was craving ( and eating) prior to starting. Along with being down 4.5 lbs since last thursday... Id say overall it was a success.

While a lifestyle of 100% raw is NOT for me I think Ill continue incorporating the principles of detoxing like more fruit, veggies, smoothies, and water than anything and little to no processed foods, caffeine, tea, or added sugars into my diet. I also plan to turn to this detox whenever I'm feeling particularly heavy, sluggish, or in need of a mental re-boot due to cravings/ bad eating. Going through this taught me a lot about balance and what my body needs in terms of nutrition to function properly

Dianne042425 Congrats! Im so happy for you! I was convinced we were built the same but theres no way bc I could ever even DREAM of fitting into size 3 juniors jeans.... How much did you weigh when those fit you? Unless the next 15lbs is going to bring drastic changes I think the smallest Ill ever fit is a 5 with my build.

Dorian5 Thanks for the recipe! Do check out the site you will LOVE the clothes. You are a Harry Pothead like one of my really good friends,lol. We went to the new park at Islands of Adventure here in FL a few months ago. Ive never seen any of the movies but the park was awesome and the ride was amazing! Have you been?
Good luck with getting back on track with working out also.

ann71 Thanks so much! I hate my legs, hence why I said I chickened out of wearing that outfit that night... But thank you!

Heleninedinburgh Welcome! Dont worry about going on about yourself. We all have our moments!

aimeebell I was wondering what happened to you! Dont sweat falling off! Join an accountability thread, go on a detox ( lol), switch your workout.. anything! Do anything that will help snap you out of it. Ive been there so I know how it is. But you can do it! Stay with us!

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 07-14-2011 at 02:22 PM.
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #99  

skinnyelle39: I'm happy to hear your detox is going okay. I'm really interested to try it or at least a colon cleanse. I went into GNC the other day and saw a bunch of cleanses but I was so confused. How do I start? P.S. You need to pursue modeling, for real.

claire0412: Sorry to hear about your foot. Hope you are feeling better. I wish I could find a running club or something along those lines by me. I love to run but I run solo so it can be a bit boring. I would actually have the time with my two kids in full-time school in September, lol. Good for you.

philana: That stinks when the scales go all wonky on you. I know the feeling. I wouldn't let it distract you from your goal of weight loss. It happens to everyone once in awhile.

I'm sooo frustrated b/c my waist is still the same size - it's a thorn in my side being ruler-shaped. It hasn't budged in two weeks. Ugh! I redid my measurements tonight and nothing's changed. The scale hasn't moved either in over a week. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed to see if the HIIT cardio I began implementing will rev up my metabolism once again. Oh well. That's life, lol.

Last edited by fitmom; 07-14-2011 at 08:10 PM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #100  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Unmotivated and discouraged and getting fat. Reading this thread makes me feel so guilty for switching my brain off.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #101  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

fitmom - that's so annoying! but, I've read several of your posts where you mention your body-type and lack of waist and I'm just wondering: is it a realistic goal for you to have an hourglass kind of waist? :O Because I doubt it's fat on your waist so it's the muscle tissue and all?

krampus - it's okay to have off days! I can't wait for my first few offdays. Though probably the scale will spike, but that will be fixed again once you feel more up to it! However - I hope this thread just motivates you to be positive also

--
So, even though the scale wacked me and I thought I was at 152 a bunch of days ago already - I am happy! Because it's been exactly a week ago since I started and in total I've lost 6,6lbs!!! ofcourse, the first week is destined to go faster so im tempering my hopes for the following weeks.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #102  

Happy Friday!!!!!! Beach night with the boyfriend! SO excited

I am just curious, is it possible to still be losing water weight two weeks later?? I dropped another.8 pounds in one day. I wasnt dehydrated (I drink about 80 ounces of water a day), and ate around 1500 calories yesterday. I am not sure why the weight is falling off so fast. The only thing I can think of is water weight but I cant imagine there still being water weight two weeks later..Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Dorian We must have the same taste buds/eating habits. What you just named sounds exactly what I would eat. Salad, fruit and cottage cheese - Yum!! You are getting so close to the lower 120's! I am so excited for you. You are in the home stretch!!

Philana Congrats on losing 6.6!!!

No, I don't use supplements. Ill give you an example of my eating for a day and Ill point out the protein. Maybe it will give you ideas..

Breakfast: 2 egg whites (8g), 1 whole egg (6g), .5 ounces of almonds (3g), 1/2 cup of cottage cheese (11g), 1 small banana
Total protein count: 28g

Lunch: Large sweet potato (4g) and 1 ounce of almonds (6g)
Total protein count: 10g

Snack: 100 calorie popcorn 3g, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese (11g)
Total protein count: 14g

Dinner: 6 ounces of chicken (30g), slice of ezekial whole grain bread with 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese 6.5g, .5 ounces of nuts (3g)
Total protein count: 39.5g

Total Protein for the day: 91.5g
So I get my main sources of protein from nuts, chicken, eggs and cottage cheese

Skinnyelle lol I honestly don't know what my body is supposed to look like. When I was younger, I was a 00 in Juniors. Then puberty hit hard and I went to a 1 for a hot minute, then straight up to a 5. I honestly believe once I get to goal, Ill be a comfortable 3. My hips get a lot smaller when I diet, but they are also the first to gain! When I was a size 00 I was 5'1 and weighed 100 pounds. When I was a 3 I was 5'5 and 118. I think thats why I have in my head that 118 is a good weight for me..Well and what the mirror is telling me And yes I know its strange I know my exact heights and weights for certain ages (I called my doctor before this weightloss journey a year ago and asked haha)

Fitmom I wouldnt lose courage. Ive heard HIIT cardio is the BEST for toning, losing fat when you are already at a lower weight. It will happen. Dont worry! What is your waist measurement if you dont mind me asking?

Krampus Dont! Dont! Dont! Do not get down. You know how to do this. You know what to do. You also know that you can enjoy foods and still lose. Dont lose motivation!! You can do it girl!

Last edited by Dianne042425; 07-15-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #103  

fitmom I dont know about the modeling lol! But thanks for thinking I have a shot . As far as the detox goes Ive never done any type of store-bought colon cleanse. I chose this one because it incorporates really clean, simple eating as a natural way to cleanse the body. The store-bought ones Ive seen usually allow you to eat the same way and take a pill. It made more sense to me the natural way.

If you are interested in doing this there is so much info on the web. Google the 30 day detox and read up. But basically for 7-30 days ( depending on how you are feeling, personal goals. etc) you consume only raw fruit and veggies. Organic is preferred bc of the toxins in pesticides used on regular fruits and veggies. Some cleanses include nuts sparingly. But I think its a personal choice.

Krampus Im really sorry to hear that you are struggling especially because you were doing so well. But I know you can and will bounce back.

Philana Congrats on 6.6lbs thats an awesome first week! You are off to a great start!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:31 AM   #104  

hah we posted at the same time Skinnyelle!!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianne042425 View Post
hah we posted at the same time Skinnyelle!!
We did! Im happy the weight is falling off for you and have fun with bf. Beach night are always nice...