Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #46  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeebell View Post
I was kinda excited to find out that I am taller than I thought I was. All of my adult life I have thought I was 5' 5". I have no idea when I last measured myself, but I am 34 years old and pretty sure I haven't grown taller in the last decade. We measured my 13-year-old this weekend and he was 5' 4". I said no way, I know I am more than an inch taller than him, and so they measured me. Turns out, I'm 5' 6". For some reason, it makes me feel thinner LOL

On another note, I haven't had a completely on plan week in probably a month, so I am declaring this week 100% on plan starting today. The weight is bouncing between 130 and 132. I normally don't have weight fluctuations, but my eating has been pretty erratic lately.

Oh, and a NSV, I took my boys to a waterpark this weekend, putting on a swimsuit for the first time since last summer. I didn't feel like a beached whale. I didn't feel the need to run from the pool to the towel ASAP after exiting the water. I laid in a lounge chair without a coverup. I certainly am not anywhere near close to being what anyone would consider a beach body, but I was comfortable...in a swimsuit, HUGE NSV for me.
I always thought I was 5'5" too until I went to the doctor about 10 years ago and he measured me at 5'6". That's funny. Ditto on not feeling the need to completely coverup at the pool upon exiting the water. I've always been a shy person so walking even to enter the pool with my sons without feeling like everyone is staring at me was a big deal for me. I have a very boyish-shape - not much of a waist and small hips/bust so I'll never be what guys would consider a "bombshell" (like Kim Kardashian, lol) but I don't care now. I'm me and that's fine, y'know? Isn't it weird how the swimsuit is like the ultimate test for women? Crazy.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:38 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
ferretgirl HA, thank you, did you repost the photo on the car forum? I'd rather be submerged up to my head in a tub of chocolate pudding than on a car in a bikini if I may be honest... What kind of car(s) are you into?
No, I wouldn't repost anyone's pics without their permission, so no worries. The guys are nice enough- but they are guys. We can probably do without their comments unless we really want their opinions, haha.... I have a '93 Mitsubishi 3000GT (mine's non-turbo, but a fun daily-driver)

Zumba class was good again yesterday. Its a little less fast-paced than I prefer, but its an older group of women and I can add-in some hops to work a little harder. Weighed-in at 114.5 this morning... My beach trip goal!! 2nd time I've hit it this month, so we'll see if it sticks.. I'll just watch portions this weekend and get back into Zumba class on Monday.

Hope everyone has a good weekend
ferretgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #48  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I just LOVE the sauna at the end of every gym-visit. Might be the only reason I go to the gym. I don't know. My 'instructor' was a bit surprised to see me for a 3rd day in a row. When in passing by I told him about my loosing weight goal he was already trying to temper me saying I shouldn't overdo myself with the excercise. And I just don't know what to do with that. Sunday he'll set up a plan for me, so we'll see how that goes. But I know I need a bit of edge to really keep going, on the other hand I also don't need to get lots of muscle aches because then I chicken out.

So, how do you guys deal with instructors wanting to help but also kind of getting in the way of the pace you want to set for yourself?
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #49  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

claire1412 - Woah - that's a fast 5k goal, lady! I'm not fast, but very proud of my progress nonetheless. My goal for this Half Marathon is sub 2:30...that was my goal for the one in May...but I had the stomach flu the whole week prior and was happy with a 2:39 finish after all that!

ferretgirl - glad you found that you enjoy Zumba! That's the way to keep it up - Have FUN!

FPSJ - Welcome back!! How was your vacation?

Krampus - likely water from the sodium...daily weigh ins would make me crazy.

Diane042425 - Girlfriend...try not to over think things so much! You're head must feel like busting!

Philana - I've never had another person plan my training for me. A good basic rule to start is Cardio/30min/3x's a week with Strength Training/2x's week in between. Don't work the same body part two days in a row. IDK, I'm kinda independent that way...but sure could benefit from a pro to help me decrease my run times.
------------------------------------------------------

Happy Friday, Feathers!!

I am just over the moon about my 6 mile run this morning. It took a little longer than I'd like, but I took regular walk breaks to give my ouchy hamstring a break. A little sore, now but I'm happy to have run that far...it's been nearly a month!

I am having a FaceBook problem with my older kids bio-dad...grr... He has been out of the picture (all but a yearly visit or so) for years. My husband and I got married in 2006 and he adopted L&A. Anywho - I took the high road and allowed my ex to FaceBook friend me - and now he goes and tags himself in my pix of the kids - then all his questionable friends and family have access to them!! I asked him not to - we'll see.

Well, got my run in - yay! Cleaned out the kiddie pool and refilled it, gotta make some lunch and then (Lord willing!) maybe I all the kids will nap and I can put my feet up. After nap, some fun in the pool, make supper, then take the big boy to Baseball Practice, lead the exercise class and church, pick up the boy, come home and collapse!

Have a great day!!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 07-08-2011 at 12:19 PM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 138/135/119

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonpixie View Post
claire1412 - Woah - that's a fast 5k goal, lady! I'm not fast, but very proud of my progress nonetheless. My goal for this Half Marathon is sub 2:30...that was my goal for the one in May...but I had the stomach flu the whole week prior and was happy with a 2:39 finish after all that!

ferretgirl - glad you found that you enjoy Zumba! That's the way to keep it up - Have FUN!

FPSJ - Welcome back!! How was your vacation?

Krampus - likely water from the sodium...daily weigh ins would make me crazy.

Diane042425 - Girlfriend...try not to over think things so much! You're head must feel like busting!

Philana - I've never had another person plan my training for me. A good basic rule to start is Cardio/30min/3x's a week with Strength Training/2x's week in between. Don't work the same body part two days in a row. IDK, I'm kinda independent that way...but sure could benefit from a pro to help me decrease my run times.
------------------------------------------------------

Happy Friday, Feathers!!

I am just over the moon about my 6 mile run this morning. It took a little longer than I'd like, but I took regular walk breaks to give my ouchy hamstring a break. A little sore, now but I'm happy to have run that far...it's been nearly a month!

I am having a FaceBook problem with my older kids bio-dad...grr... He has been out of the picture (all but a yearly visit or so) for years. My husband and I got married in 2006 and he adopted L&A. Anywho - I took the high road and allowed my ex to FaceBook friend me - and now he goes and tags himself in my pix of the kids - then all his questionable friends and family have access to them!! I asked him not to - we'll see.

Well, got my run in - yay! Cleaned out the kiddie pool and refilled it, gotta make some lunch and then (Lord willing!) maybe I all the kids will nap and I can put my feet up. After nap, some fun in the pool, make supper, then take the big boy to Baseball Practice, lead the exercise class and church, pick up the boy, come home and collapse!

Have a great day!!
haha thanks, I needed that. Its that time of the month so I think I am being overly sensitive right now !! eekk!

6 miles!??! That is awesome. Do you know how many calories that are burned?

Last edited by Dianne042425; 07-08-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Dianne042425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #51  

Height: 5'8

Mortonpixie Ah you should be proud of your half marathon time, with stomach flu, impressive! My 5k time this year was 24:35 but I've already been warned once you get it under 25mins it is really hard to knock time off. I love the feeling you get of pushing yourself all out in a race though, I couldn't really stand walk straight after my 5k! Good luck for your half, that is a completely do-able (and impressive) goal! Ah i miss running!

Ferretgirl Ah Zumba, I so want to try that! I have to wait until my foot is better and able to bear the weight of jumping around (September?) and then i'll give it a go! I have literally no rhythm though... I do like Pilates, so I'll keep doing my favourite moves. I find a whole Pilates DVD a bit boring though, and I used to count the minutes when I went to pilates classes. I am so impatient!

Philana Welcome! I think you should listen to your trainer, don't go too hard at the beginning and burn out, ease yourself into it!

FPSJ Welcome back from holiday, glad you had a good time!

Krampus Ah peanut butter and jam, yum! Yay that they noticed you lost weight, I love it when that happens!

Dianne I completely understand, boys can mostly eat what they want and look fine. Damn them! I sometimes wonder if calorie counting and obsessing is worth it though. I think we put too much pressure on ourselves to be perfect and lose the last 10lbs and get the perfect body before we allow ourselves to be happy. I do it too, it is one thing to recognise the futility of it all, quite another to escape it.

On that note, I've jumped on the 'beach body' bandwagon and bought Tracy Anderson's 30 Day Solution with some gift vouchers I had. I'm not doing the cardio (for obvious reasons) or the diet (because it is ridiculously low calorie and strict) but the strength training is good! It just kicked my butt! You are meant to do it every day for 10 days and then move onto the next one. I'll try but I think I might be in agony tomorrow and I don't want to do it if my bf is home because he'll take the piss. All the moves are designed for women, so don't look that hard, but oww!

Have a good day

ps: still loving not counting calories and I found tuna steaks in the shops today, yippee! I'm going to make tuna steaks and roasted veggie (pepper and yellow zucchini) salad. Nom nom!
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

mortonpixie: great job on the run. Glad your hamstring seems to be healing. My first serious boyfriend years ago told me that the sexiest thing in the world was a woman's hamstring, down by her knee. I've never forgotten that. I can almost see mine, haha!

claire: tuna steaks sound great. I'm an aspiring vegan, but I've actually been eating salmon about once a month, because it's really good for you. I'm torn about it.

welcome philana. This is a great group. I don't think going to the gym every day is a problem, unless you're there for 5 hours or something. Maybe he just sees people who burn out and then stop going altogether. Do whatever works for you, I say.

I am still eating too much, although far less than I did a month ago, and I've probably doubled my fruits and veggies. I just don't have much willpower, and I need to stop bringing home brownie mixes!

I'm about 166 right now, and I lost those first 10 pounds really really easily. But 165-167 is what I consider my "set point," so I think it's going to get a lot harder from here on out. I've been getting in a ton of exercise this week off, though, with the painting and biking or running each day, too.

I think I'm going to have the back side of my house totally finished tonight! Yay! I'll try to post a photo. Still a lot to go, but the progress is noticeable, and I'm happy with the colors.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #53  
say what?

mortinpixie - 6 miles! dang, that's so great. How'd you get there? I'm so considering the c25k thing. But not till a month from now, easing into things and all. And i'm glad some one plans for me, because I have no restraint. LOL.

claire - you are absolutely right. I am just to thrilled to finally have decided to go for it. Whaha. And thanks for the tuna - recipe, I was just thinking what to do with the rest of the can of tuna I have left! It's gonna be dinner!

ann71 - thanks for the warm welcome! And great on the 10lbs, I can't wait to utter those words. How'd you discover what your "set point" weight is? Like the easiest to maintain without being overweight?

---

I'm driving myself a lil bit bonkers. As some of you might have gathered from my previous post, I tend to want to go really fast and all at once. Having come to the decision to work on my health and weight has me all fired up to go. But today is a mandatory day off, after 3 days of gym and a strength-test tomorrow morning. I just really want to get out there and DO IT. lol. But - just like self discipline in the foods area, I have to show some restraint on the excersising area too. I've never been really fit or done any sports my whole life, and everytime I tried I ruined it by going too fast and ending up with lots of aches.

So, I'll just do some mental jumping around on the boards here hihi

Last edited by philana; 07-09-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Clocked in at 126.2lbs yesterday, frustrating. I really didn't eat that much on July 4th. The scale makes me crazy. I think I need to weigh in daily so I can see the ups and downs, it calms me. I try to keep my sodium low and take a day off of running or weight training the night before I weigh in, but I still was up. I'm just going to pretend that 125lbs never happened and that it was some kind of weird fluke. I'll slide my ticker back up and take off a bat in my signature.

---

ferretgirl - That made me laugh! Hopefully I can keep the spillage to a minimum if I attempt to traipse around in that vulgar little thing. That margarita recipe is awesome, I've made a few virgin ones just cause I like the mixer so much!

philana - Welcome! I love how stoked you are, your enthusiasm is contagious. I haven't been in a sauna in foreeeverrr I wanna find one now.

krampus - I am back and forth about how I feel towards my tummy. Last night I pranced around the boyfriend's house in my underwear cause I felt so attractive. Today I'm hiding in a hoodie because I feel fat. I have to wonder if I would even think my stomach was flat at 100lbs or if it's just perception. I can only hope that it's acceptable at goal weight, ya know? And I hope my boobs go down to a D cup or something!

Dianne042425 - Phew! Mortonpixie is right, your stress level must be exhausting! I hope you're feeling better about things, it sounds like you're still taking steps in the right direction with your healthy food!! What did you eat at Outback? I frickin' LOVE Outback. Next Saturday the boyfriend and I are going to Red Lobster after Harry Potter, there is no way I can look at those cheddar garlic biscuits without having 1 ...or 5.

mortonpixie - Good luck with your ex and that facebook drama -- I hate facebook drama, haha. WICKED run, that's awesome! You are so active, I feel lazy in comparison.

claire0412 - Yummmm tuna steaks! I think I know what I want for dinner now. You are spot on about our struggle to perfect our bodies. Even if I had the figure of a Brazilian swimsuit model I would pick myself apart about something else, SO hard to step back and calm down. I have a DVD set on Carmen Electra's cardio striptease that I have been picked on for QUITE A BIT. But it is fun! As far as exercise, it's really not much of a work out, but I use the stretches that it shows regularly. (and can now perform a chair dance if I ever pluck up the self confidence )

ann71 - I am a brownie fiend, and someone on this board (claire?) had mentioned black bean brownies that sounded amazing... Glad to hear that you've upped the good stuff you're eating, that's a good thing! I hate reaching that set point, I am pretty sure 125-127 is mine and I'm having a hard time wrestling with it. Would love to see progress photos of your house!

Have an awesome day everyone, good luck!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Also, I think I need to stop talking about weight/diet/anything with the boyfriend, I've been getting some hurtful quips lately (not intentional, I don't think) -- it's just hard, because it's something always at the front of my brain and I like to tell him absolutely everything. Plus, everyone else hates hearing about it, so I try to just tell him... but I think now even he's resenting me for it. I can see how it would get annoying

Still, it feels like it's some kind of secret that I have to swallow.

Definitely glad to have you guys to vent to.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #56  
say what?

Dorian - I so get that feeling! I'm not in a relationship but I am already having such a hard time not talking about it to good friends. I don't want to put them off. And it's not like the first time they hear me talk about it. I think it's best to keep it as something to discuss with people working on their weight also or having done so in the past. While back I had a friend who started on her weight the same time, so we could talk about it. But decided only to talk to eachother about it and nobody else.

I'm glad for this forum also! I'm way better at communicating online anyhow, haha.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #57  

Height: 5'8

ann salmon is my favourite food! mmmm. I think my set point is around 67-69kg. I can never get past it and stay there! Here is the brownie recipe I use. Cut down on the sugar though, completely not needed, and put some real chocolate (and maybe cherries) in there too:

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/black-bean-brownies/

philana Good luck for your strength test!

Dorian Haha I wanted to try the Carmen Electra video but I cannot dance and have no rhythm, I think he'd just laugh at me if I offered him a dance!
I'm the same with the bf, I don't think he cares anymore about my diets and I'm making an effort not to go on about it too much. There is really nothing more attractive than a woman who is body confident, I wish I could be like that!

Here is the tuna recipe: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4...ager.offset=20

I love that website, definitely my favourite recipe website because everything is rated.

I'm too tired to cook, we went out in the sun drinking beer and now I'm going to fall asleep on the sofa watching Family Guy with some chocolate tea (so good! Yogi Chocolate Tea!) Tomorrow we are going to a christening so I'll have to go to church (first time since my own christening when I was 1, give or take a few weddings and funerals). I've got a nice dress to wear, and I'll get up early to do the Tracy Anderson dvd so I feel confident with the halterneck arms on exposure - ness of it!
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #58  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Took the kids swimming today, everyone is tired and very grumpy...it's only 6:30 - but I know 4 kids that NEED TO GO TO BED!

Hope you're all having a great day!!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 07-09-2011 at 07:34 PM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

well, it's not the greatest photo, and it's probably too big to boot, but here's the finished back of the house.

ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:19 AM   #60  
say what?

ann - that looks neat! you painted that by yourself?

---
Sunday morning here and I just got home from the gym! I did 'normal but could be better' on the strength test. Which is fine by me, given that I've NEVER done sports before and in my mind it was just one big pain in the b*** that I'd never get into. Well, it's been a jolly ride so far. I seem to do okay!

Was a little discouraged when I got up this morning because I've not lost an ounce after 2 days (LOL). But at the gym we upped my program. I'm going to be doing 3 days of cardio + strength and 2 days of cardio + core. And if in a week I've still not lost any weight nor inches I'll start my whining. Untill then I'm shutting myself up.

I have decided that after the first 15lbs I'm taking myself to the spa! Looking forward to that ofcourse.

Last edited by philana; 07-10-2011 at 05:20 AM.