Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

claire, that flat sounds great, I hope you get it! I love growing food in the yard.

dorian, yeah it's weird when other people comment on weight. Just do what works for you.
Dinners out haven't been a problem- this was my first match date and we went for a walk. But today I met friends for lunch and it wasn't till after that I realized I hadn't even thought of calories, so that might be a problem in the future.

Welcome Amy!

Today I went out to the farm and picked raspberries and blueberries. Fun! The blueberries weren't at their peak yet, so I mostly picked raspberries. Now I need to figure a healthy thing to do with them. Black Forest Cake probably isn't it.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #197  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hey Feathers,

I've not been doing well with eating the past couple days. There has definitely been emotional chocolate eating and barely any sleep. I finished my job yesterday and came home and had a nice cry about it, which felt incredibly cathartic, but I woke up this morning and felt sort of the same way you feel when you wake up after a breakup - takes a couple minutes and then the sadness sets in.

BUT I am going to celebrate Day 1 of my unemployment by RUNNING in the morning (haven't run in 2 1/2 weeks, agh!), which will hopefully set a good mood for the day and push me into my new lifestyle of "being healthy again dammit."
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 124/123/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by claire0412 View Post
Hi Amy!

Good plan, I think you have a sensible approach. I've never heard of the Body Type Diet but a home gym sounds amazing, 'd love that! Good luck and check back with us
Dr. Abravanel's Body Type Diet and Lifetime Nutrition Plan. It's a good read if you like reading about diets. He says there are 4 main types for women based on metabolism that expresses itself as a certain body shape, certain cravings and even some temperament and personality traits. Each type also has its own eating plan, but they are all whole foods based, low-ish fat, low enough calories to lose weight.

I'm a T (thyroid) type: a focus on protein, eliminate white flour and sugar, eliminate caffeine (which I don't), weight lifting. Meals evenly spaced calorie-wise.
My SIL is an A (android) type: low fat, vegetarian if you want, dairy, some white flour/sugar is ok, cardio for exercise and small breakfast, large dinner distribution. She pretty much follows this and has lost and kept off a lot of weight.
It sort of explains why different diets work better for different people.

The only thing I wish I had in my gym is a squat cage or rack. ATM I'm doing goblet squats w/ plates so I don't need the rack, but something to work towards. I've only ever been able to lift a bar around 55 pounds over my head to do back squats-any more and I get nervous about dropping it.

So far, so good. I even gave my DD M&Ms last night and didn't eat any. I would have if I wanted to, but I just didn't want them (it was even a snack size pack of minis, so not that damaging). I'm amazed.
Amy3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

krampus I have sort of fell into a slump as well. 5 days of little to no exercise and having a hard time trying to find the motivation to get moving again. Although I know one good sweat session is all it takes to get those endorphins going again and get back into the groove.

Here's hoping we both find our way back and soon! Good luck with your run!

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 07-28-2011 at 11:15 AM.
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Hey everyone,
Have had some major emotional issues with personal life and troubles at work. I've been a mess, so I haven't been posting regularly. My apologies!

Ugh. Still fighting and struggling with eating to soothe, not for hunger. Have had incredible levels of stress lately, and as a result, the calories have suffered.

Taking it one day at a time.

Skinny & Krampus-- I'm slumping too. We'll get through it. And Krampus, hugs to you! That "Oh yea, I'm sad" feeling is the worst. I'm dealing with it as well. All we can do is breathe, do our exercise, and try not to eat away the feeling.

Amy-- That book sounds interesting! Has it been reliable so far?

Ann-- I <3 summer berries. SoOOo good! I am a fan of making Fiber One pancakes with them, myself.

Claire-- Apt sounds lovely! You've been inspiring me with your efforts at incorporating tasty/gourmet foods into a low calorie plan. You will rock your bikini!

philana-- I think I feel "fleshy" most days of my life. hahahaah. I think we're probably imagining some of it!

Dorian-- Wow, you have done so well with your loss! I admire your dedication. Very inspiring. The comment that your coworker made was a COMPLIMENT. Enjoy it, you earned it.

Time to go make up for many missed workouts....
chat soon!
-FPSJ
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:13 PM   #201  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

OMgosh. So, I didn't eat more than maybe 1000 calories yesterday, because I thought I'd go super over my intake because of going out for dinner. But ended up with healthy foods. So today I was hungry so much I could barely think. I just had a big dinner of rice, beans and lentils and now im exploding and feeling nauseous. LOL. Lessen learnt.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #202  

Height: 5'8

Krampus Being unemployed is great, as long as it is only temporary! I'm enjoying my time off before it gets hardcore again, you do the same!

Skinnyelle I too have done little exercise while I've been here (since Monday). I bought some resistance bands today so hopefully I'll use them tomorrow. Took the dog out for a long walk on the beach today though. I can't be arsed to start strength training again, gah! I hate being out of the groove!

FPSJ Thanks! Weight loss isn't going that fast though, so maybe I should stick to plain salads and be done with it! I hope your life calms down soon

Philana Ah I hate it when that happens! I'm always disappointed when I plan for a splurge and it doesn't happen, like the Fat and Sugar Bakery running out of cakes before we got there - RUBBISH! PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ann My money would be on this:
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1...y-oat-traybake (haven't made it myself but I googled recipes last time I bought raspberries, but ended up with this http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2...berry-spritzer )

I've had my eye on this http://susanjanemurray.com/fuse/reci...y_Muffins.html for blueberries!

I had an OK day. Talked the mothership out of Indian takeaway and into me cooking dinner (salmon and sweet potato wedge salad) and took the dog for a walk along the beach. Haven't done any formal exercise for days though, ho-hum! I think I'll give myself until the beginning of the uni term (12th Sept) to lose more weight then switch to maintenance/body acceptance. I don't think I'll ever be satisfied, so I might as well learn to live with it!
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #203  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

My knee's all messed up from running. But it felt good and it would seem I'm still 132.something - how does that work?! I've definitely been chowing on 600 calorie boxes of chocolate almonds before bed the past three days.

I think 132 might be my set point. It's almost effortless to stay here. If I'm exercising and I start lifting, I may be able to whittle myself down to a desirable size while staying this weight.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:22 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

claire: ooh, the raspberry bars look great. I'll have to try that.

krampus: yeah, I thought I'd busted through my set point last week, but now I'm right back at it. I guess that's why they call it a set point; it's both nice and annoying.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:42 AM   #205  
say what?

YAY! I made it to my minigoal of 65kg on my Bday! YAY!

Read here about my mini-goal thoughts: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...day-today.html

Last edited by philana; 07-29-2011 at 04:17 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:47 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Fridays are my official weigh in day -- I didn't gain at all, but I didn't lose either -- 123.2lbs on the nose, just like last week. Which is fine, but I would like to make sure that I see a loss next Friday. I've got to get back on the treadmill. I ate clean and healthy most all of this week, some days I averaged at maintenance calories and others I was at 1250-1350, so I should have seen some loss. But I've realized the key to my loss is cardio, I can't hope to get these last 8 pounds off without it. Just gotta get back into my routine!

philana - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Congrats on meeting your goal, that's excellent! Hope you have a GREAT one!

ann71 - Hope that you are doing well, and that you make those raspberry bars, they DO sound delicious!

Krampus - Glad to hear that you're taking your time after leaving work to start working on yourself again! I hope you find that you fall back into your healthy eating/exercise schedule effortlessly. Almost time the the big move, right??

claire0412 - I don't know if I could say no to Indian, great work! You dinner sounds MUCH better though! I don't know that I'll ever be satisfied either.

Amy3680 - Nice work on the self control, I LOVE M&Ms!

FatPantsSkinnyJeans - Thanks for the compliment, I'm sorry to hear that you have been having a rough time lately. I hope that you can find some peace soon so that you can start putting your physical health first again. Thinking of you!

skinnyelle39 - How are things since that raw foods cleanse?

Good luck, ladies!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

Philana Happy Birthday and Congrats

Dorian5 Things were going fine until I treated myself to a veggie pizza from CPK last friday during a lunch out with my coworkers. Since then everything has been off and cravings have been bad. Ive also been pretty lazy about working out. I blame upcoming TOM for ALL of it! lol
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:52 PM   #208  
say what?

Well... I so AM not getting on a scale till monday for sure. I had pie, 2 bags of chips and half a bottle of coke. LOL. Other than that healthy foods. But OMGOSH.

Thanks for the bday wishes
Old 07-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 143/no idea/120-110

Height: 5'2'' (and a half)

Had my first positive comment yesterday. My mum commented on how toned my legs are looking. Thank you cycling to and from work

Hopefully the positive feedback will help me stay on plan.

Philana we all need a treat now and then, don't beat yourself up too much over one meal
TheManekiNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #210  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

Ducking in quickly to say...

Philana Happy birthday!!! and super congrats on your progress so far.

claire: Cute new pic!

Dorian: I'm also beginning to realize how important cardio is for me to lose. I've been spinning my wheels for quite a while now, but since I added in extra cardio very recently, the scale & measurements are moving ever so slightly down. Hooray for sweating!
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote