Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny fast View Post
Hi!! I'm new here too, looking for a place to fit in @ 3FC.

I'm at 127.0 as of today but am aiming for 110ish. 10.4 lbs down, about 20 to go. With all the exercise I am doing and all the muscle I see building, I'm not sure if I can get as low as I would like, but only time will tell.

Good luck to all!
I'm doing the same thing...115 lbs OR the measurements I want, whichever comes first!

I'm still at a plateau at the moment, but I've decided that since I've upped my exercise last week with no result, I'm going to up my calories too. I burn only about 200 calories per session (I do 30 day shred) so I just add another 200 calories for my day by adding a side to one of my meals or an extra snack/mini meal. I'll still be at a deficit, but gaining the benefits of exercise without making my net calories too low...

I just hope I don't undo what I've already done...

On the bright side the changes to my muscle tone are definitely undeniable. My arms look pretty awesome when I flex, and my tummy...my obliques are so defined now! I went to a water park and actually wore my bikini...thankfully it was a girls day out so I ended up eventually not caring who was looking at me, but it was definitely nervewracking Still not happy with how I look but it could always be worse...

Last edited by mimi86; 06-28-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #32  

Sorry for the double-post, but bump! How is everyone doing?

I hopped on the scale yesterday afternoon after work (which is kinda when I'm lightest, I've noticed...in the morning I'm super dehydrated and retaining water because it's summer, and I don't do #2 until I'm at work...plus I drink tons of water at work so it gives my body a chance to hydrate and flush itself out) and I was at 123! Woop woop!

I don't mark a weight change as being 'official' unless it stays that way for a week, but here's hoping! I upped my calories to 1300-1400 and started doing 30 Day Shred a minimum of 4 days per week (before I was barely managing 2-3 days a week haha). I stopped using the DVD to guide my workouts, using an online Tabata interval counter instead. I did some research on EXRX on more bodyweight and dumbell techniques so I've been mixing and matching techniques for the strength-training part of the 30DS workout, and mostly just jogging for the cardio part, the jump-rope/oblique twists/skaters are making my ankles really sore :[

My next mission--working out in the morning. I'm SO not a morning person, it's hard for me to wake up, but now that I'm working out again in the first place it's been a lot easier to get a restful night's sleep. I'm just afraid of going to work with red workout-face. Plus I'd have to wake up at 5:30-6:00...

Anyone have any tips on making morning workouts easier? I'm guessing that I probably shouldn't eat a big breakfast beforehand, maybe just some egg whites and save my oatmeal for after. Maybe splashing some cold water on my face or giving myself a longer warmup so that I don't pull a muscle or pass out!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 124/123/115

Height: 5 feet

Default Stuck at 124!!!

I have been stuck at 124 for like 6 months. I run 5 times a week and lift twice a week. I also play soccer once a week.

That being said... I think my problem is what I am eating. What diet plans are you guys following?

I want to be 115 pounds sooooooo bad!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningaroundincircl View Post
I have been stuck at 124 for like 6 months. I run 5 times a week and lift twice a week. I also play soccer once a week.

That being said... I think my problem is what I am eating. What diet plans are you guys following?

I want to be 115 pounds sooooooo bad!!!

I'm just counting calories! I've lost more weight from doing that than from exercise, so far. It probably won't be like that forever, though. What have you been doing so far that hasn't been working for you?
Old 07-02-2011, 01:03 AM   #35  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Ok. So I fell off the wagon this week and popped back up to 126.8. I'm ready to start this month off right, though!

My goal is to see the end of the 120's this month. I WILL do it.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #36  

S/C/G: >138/124/114

Height: 5'4"

Hey, I belong here now!
turns out my scale was 3lbs heavy!
I'm now 127lbs and looking to lose another 15.

I've been swimming a bit, and have literally just gotten back from a hike. My dad and I are looking into buying a rowing machine. We've used them before, and there is much love on our part.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #37  

S/C/G: varied over 130/122/110

Height: 5'2

hey guys, just got back from my beach week. what a MESS. broke up with my boyfriend, dont know whats gonna happen there. but suffice to say i drank like a fish while i was down there, everyday somedays all day. i feel thinner? i didnt weigh myself since the scale is at my BFs house...if i am really done with him i am going to really motivate myself to lose weight because...well thats what people do.

as far as dieting and exercise, i just want to focus on eating less..not even like certain kinds of foods. last night i had taco bell and i didnt feel bad because i didnt eat much during the day and today i am doing a nice fast since i havent last week. and exercise, maybe more zumba classes or just walking.

Mimi86, no advice on how to make morning workouts easier, i have never liked them. the only time i do is when i really focus on the thought of, well i got that out of the way already. but making myself wake up for it? ugh. i workout when i have the energy i think thats the right thing to do.

and runningaroundincirc...what do you normally eat then? sounds like youre on top of a plateau.

welcome esenin!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #38  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Guh, I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to post ANYWHERE. Luckily, I'm making good on my promise to myself so far and weighed in at 123.4 this morning! Looking forward to seeing 119...
Old 07-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #39  

Height: 5'6

I don't know what it is about seeing the number 119 on your scale as opposed to 120 but I was ecstatic when I saw my weight flip to the teens, lol. Good for you! BTW, I haven't been this thin since my freshman year in high school. My husband never even saw me at this weight. Heck, I wasn't even this weight at my wedding 14 years ago. Keep going!

Last edited by fitmom; 07-08-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #40  

Okay... I went grocery shopping and forced myself to only buy fruits and vegetables. AND... I am finally down 1 pound! 123 3 days in a row! So, I think I have a diet that works for me and if I stay focused next week, I think I can get down to 122.

Here's what I ate last week: Breakfast was a slimfast shake-but I hate those, so I tried making it with low fat chocolate soy milk. And I liked it!

Lunch was a chicken salad with fat free dressing and all my favorite veggies. And, so I don't lose my mind, I let myself have 10 goldfish on top. I love cheesy crackers like that!

Then dinner was a veggie burger (no bun or anything-just plain) and brown rice.

Dessert was fat free frozen yogurt.

Then, I let myself snack on carrots, celery, apples, and peaches all day.

It worked! All that for one pound of weight loss....

Mimi-here's some advice for morning workouts. Don't think about it! Don't even let yourself think about it-just get up and go. Don't stop for breakfast, nothing-just get to it. I have found the minute I think about it, I find an excuse not to go!
Old 07-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #41  

Intervention...so sorry to hear about your boyfriend. Sometimes break ups are the best motivators to lose weight! That's what keeps me going... It's also a great confidence booster-seeing the numbers go down on the scale makes me feel better about myself-even if it's just 1 pound.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:17 PM   #42  

S/C/G: varied over 130/122/110

Height: 5'2

Ah thanks runningaroundincircl, i figured i could the breakup as an excuse to get fat and not care or get hot and get some more guys. so. i still dont know how much i weigh now i havent been on a scale in so long. my measurements are the same but i feel thin? i am sort of okay with how i look lately...

ive been decent with how i am eating too i find myself snacking a lot less and not being so i need FOOD when i am bored. and i think just not being with my boyfriend who is basically a body builder helps because he eats so much!

also, runninaroundincircl, have you ever looked into a low-carb higher fat diet? i know id be constantly hungry if i ate what you ate through a day! but if it works for you it works for you too!
Old 07-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 137/115/107

You girls are doing so well!

I'm getting close! I weighed 121.8 pre-workout this morning, 120.6 after. I want to be back in the teens or below again! Who ever said it is so right. There's something great about being anything under 120
Old 07-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #44  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningaroundincircl View Post
Okay... I went grocery shopping and forced myself to only buy fruits and vegetables. AND... I am finally down 1 pound! 123 3 days in a row! So, I think I have a diet that works for me and if I stay focused next week, I think I can get down to 122.

Here's what I ate last week: Breakfast was a slimfast shake-but I hate those, so I tried making it with low fat chocolate soy milk. And I liked it!

Lunch was a chicken salad with fat free dressing and all my favorite veggies. And, so I don't lose my mind, I let myself have 10 goldfish on top. I love cheesy crackers like that!

Then dinner was a veggie burger (no bun or anything-just plain) and brown rice.

Dessert was fat free frozen yogurt.

Then, I let myself snack on carrots, celery, apples, and peaches all day.

It worked! All that for one pound of weight loss....

Mimi-here's some advice for morning workouts. Don't think about it! Don't even let yourself think about it-just get up and go. Don't stop for breakfast, nothing-just get to it. I have found the minute I think about it, I find an excuse not to go!

That's very true about just getting up in the morning and hitting the exercise before you eat. I find if I stop to eat then I get distracted and forget it before I know it, I make an excuse to do it "later". If I just get up and throw my running clothes/shoes on and head out the door, I don't have a chance to make a lame excuse, lol.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #45  

Jacked up my exercise by double--added 20 minutes of running (and I can do it, too! I'm in shock!) to my daily 30DS. No change in weight...then TOM! ARG! I guess I'll be weighing in in a week when I'm not retaining water...
Closed Thread