Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #226  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Broke my long fast with half a banana + 1/2 tbsp pb, an apple, an oatmeal cookie, a small bit of hummus on three crackers, and a 1/4 cup mango sorbet. Yum. Huge, diverse meals of little bites are probably my favorite.

Weighed in at 118.0 today, so I'm still plateaued... but I guess I'm okay with that. I was so bad at staying on my plan mid-week (especially with exercise) that I deserve to not really see a loss.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #227  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Hi feathers - I am back after a horribly unhealthy 2 weeks.

Something snapped inside of me ~4/21 or 4/22 and I had a 5000 calorie binge. I wasnt acutely stressed. I actually was feeling pretty good (fundraising for my non-profit is keeping my spirits very high). I tried to snap out of it, but the addiction aspect was so hard.

One day turned into one weekend, the weekend turned into a week, and then two full weeks of eating like I had lost all control (3-5000 cal a day for 2 full weeks, ugh!!). Im not sure Ive ever binged so badly or for so long. My body was painfully bloated (skin stretched from weight gain and extreme water retention) and my digestive tract was just all out of whack...I looked 6mo pregnant.

Its been almost 3 days of regained control. I havent weighed myself at all since the binges started....but I went from wearing size 2 pant to size 10. Must have gained 20lbs. Going to give myself another week of good eating and workouts before I venture on the scale to avoid freaking.

I guess the good news is I havent been berating myself so much about the binges and weight gain. Hate having such disordered eating and not knowing how to help myself.

I do all I can - which is to pick myself up from these intimidating periods of horribly unhealthy eating and try again.

So here I am, trying!

Still catching up on everyone by reading old thread, hope you are all doing well. Missed ya

xty
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 145/139/117

Height: 5'4"

Xty Hello! I'm sorry to hear about what happened! But like you already said, it's all you can do to pick yourself back up and try again....

Today I went for a 25 mile bike ride. I'm training for a ride in 2 months, and it's 150 miles in two days, each day 75 miles. I really need to get going, and get used to the heat! I am so exhausted now, all I want to do is sleep, and I still have homework to do...I'm really considering IF....I have a few questions though...

Indiblue, skinnyelle39, and/or lackadaisy
These questions may seem a bit silly, but I just don't wanna screw anything up!
If I do IF, would it be okay if took one hour away from the fasting time? And would I be able to not do it on weekends? I know that's not really the healthiest way of doing IF, but it's the only way I would be able to do it due to my working out at around 7 to 9, and my parents and friends...they'd probably get all paranoid that my eating disorder is relapsing. Of course, I'd be eating plenty, so I don't think that there'd be an issue, but maybe they're right....I'll have to make sure I eat enough before continuing. I just don't want to start something if it's not going to help me achieve my weight loss goal.

lackadaisy Don't get discouraged by your plateau! In my past attempts, I always gave up at 128, when I plateaued. I SO wish I hadn't

Keep up the great work feathers! It's never too late to get back on track
lacey marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

lacey "Feeding windows" tend to be anywhere from 5-8 hours. I think 8 hours is the longest time that is generally recommended. From what I've read the fasting period should be somewhere between 14-16 hours in order to reach the desired hormone levels. I wouldn't worry if you are one hour off either way. Taking off on the weekends is not a problem, you just won't get some of the benefits of IF on 2 out of 7 days. From my understanding it's not like that would undo the benefits of the other 5 days each week. IF doesn't need to be rigorous, we all have lives and things which come up which may require us to change our WOE some days.

We are all IF noobs though- to get better info I'd recommend posing specific questions on the IF thread I mentioned in my last post on here- those folks have much more info and experience on IF than us
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey marie View Post
Thank you very much skinnyelle39 and indiblue!!!

I literally spent over an hour on the website about IF. I'm intrigued by it, and I think that it would be perfect for me due to my past history of eating (all or nothing). I would very easily be able to pull this off, as soon as I figure out my meals (and the proper amount of calories/carbs/protein/fat). Of course, this isn't a binge/fast, and that everything is spaced out a bit, but I really like the idea of cramming everything into a smaller window of time... something to ponder about doing... Thank you for the idea! I'm really considering it!
Glad you are intrigued I had the same feeling! If you do decide to jump in keep us posted!
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #231  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

xty I am glad to see you're back, I had been thinking about you a lot and wondering if you were doing okay. It's a never ending struggle but at least you caught yourself after 2 weeks. You can wrestle control back.

I have had some binge relapsing too, also without strong negative/stressed emotions. I don't think my binges are necessarily emotional. Sometimes they are something to "look forward to." Either way, my weight is down after a 2500+ calorie day yesterday (61.0 kg/134.5 lb today, and I have a laxative kicking in soon), which is odd but pleasing to see. I'm off work for a week and there are so many social dinners and things. My goal is simply to not binge, and to keep exercise consistent.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #232  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

xty, I am so sorry to hear that's what happened while you were gone, and SO happy that you're back. I'm proud of you for facing that you can regain control, and you WILL regain control.

I ate intuitively today -- meaning I didn't count/plan my meals beforehand -- which was a little daunting but necessary for a "refresh" of recognizing my hunger properly. I think being overplanned makes me resentful and sets of overeating. Anyway, I ended up at 1350, so right on plan... but that meant steamed veggies at every meal plus about 600 calories of dry cereal. Really?! I have a terrible cereal addiction. I keep saying I'll kick that habit and I never do.

I guess I'm in a sad/resigned mood for no good reason. A bad body image day? Yoga classes make me aware of my body in both the best and the worst way. I watch my body to make sure I'm doing the poses correctly, but I also try to see how it is changing... today I just just saw myself as so wide and square and not-slender in the mirror I just wanted to give up. But then I remembered: no, body image is a lie, your clothes fit better, the scale shows you are doing better, just maintain at 118 for now and things will improve. But it's hard. There are so many opportunities for sabotage. I'm so tired of saying no to ice cream and brownies. It's hard.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:31 AM   #233  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

May thread here ladies!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/feat...ml#post3832089
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote