Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

I wear foundation and powder as well as mascara to the gym. Red acne marks and dark undereye circles make going out into public without makeup difficult..and I know if my friends/boyfriend knew I thought this way they'd also think I was ridiculous.
summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:36 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 184/133/115

Height: 5'3"

While I don't care either way whether people wear make-up to the gym, I know for my own comfort I don't apply any when going. I also don't take it off if I already have it on. It does bother me that when I wipe my face and I see a smeared foundation/eyeliner/etc. on my towel!

I found MAC liquidlast eyeliner will stay on even when swimming! There's a steep learning curve putting it on, but once you get the hang of it, it never comes off!
SpeedGracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/130

Height: 5'3

I'm really self conscious and won't go without at least mascara and a little powder, but that's about all I "need." Sometimes I'll go to the gym after work, so I've got a tad of eyeliner and eyeshadow left on, but nothing obnoxious. I've honestly never cared what people thought of me wearing make-up. I wasn't aware wearing a little make-up to the gym is bad. :O It also helps to say that I don't really sweat much, so I don't sweat it off.
criss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:46 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 236/217/195

Height: 5ft4

I agree w/ everyone else. I wouldn't notice if you were or were not wearing makeup. And I wouldn't think negatively of you either way. And men are waaay less concious of things like this then we are. So I'd say if wearing makeup to the gym makes you more comfortable, then go ahead and do it. That way it doesn't restrict you from going.
MzHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:01 AM   #35  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Honestly, I never notice. I don't wear make up to work or to the gym. I work for a veterinarian, and do a lot of doggie baths and grooming, so make up, even if I were to put it on is a lost cause by 9 am. The people I see on a day to day basis don't know me any other way.

It's funny, because, when I do dress up and put on make up, a lot of them are way surprised that I clean up so well! LOL! They are used to seeing me in jeans and a camo t-shirt that hides animal hair, so panty hose, make up, heels and a dress, hair fixed and make up. OMG!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:41 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 156 (Highest 169)/133/120

Height: 5'4

When i was uncomfortable with people seeing my skin i would wear foundation and then when i finished working out i would go into the locker room and wash my face and then use a tinted moisturizer topped with mac pressed powder my skin would look AMAZING after.
doublebri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #37  

Height: 5'6

For what it's worth, I have a broken capillary on my nose from the excessive pushing when giving birth to my first child (tiny but I can still see it, lol) and I have some fine wrinkles on my face so I can feel your pain. I don't workout at a gym but I run outside and see plenty of my neighbors and I don't wear makeup b/c it gets all runny due to the sweat. I guess everyone's different but I'm married so it's not like I have to look good for the public at large. Besides, according to my DH, he says I look "cute" when I come back from running so as long as he's not put off...but I don't think I'd wear any anyhow b/c I'd be worried about it clogging my pores and causing blackheads or something like that. I say do what you want. That's what I do.

Last edited by fitmom; 08-09-2011 at 12:48 PM.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #38  
Ilene the Bean

I wear some makeup at the gym, very light just so I don't feel self-conscious, I have some scars too.. and I ALWAYS wear lipstick specially if I go early and don't want to wear makeup... Do what you feel the best in... The only time I find girls look funny is when they are freshly, fully made up and you can tell they just put it on to go impress the boys at the gym ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:52 AM   #39  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Wear the make-up and sport a cap to collect your sweat

NOW GO GET YOUR WORK-OUT ON AT THE GYM!
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:53 AM   #40  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmommaplusone View Post
Wear the make-up and sport a cap to collect your sweat

NOW GO GET YOUR WORK-OUT ON AT THE GYM!

P.S. When I first started I wore almost a full face of make-up cause I felt ugly and insecure and that made me feel 'good' enough somehow to be in there....but now I'm all skanktified and don't care....ok. ok. I do! LOL. I will dab a bit of concelear over a scary blemish or pimple and I'll dab it under my eyes if they look they have dark lines!
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 195/154/135

Height: 5'4"

I wear makeup at the gym, I use Bare Minerals Mineral Foundation, and it doesn't sweat off or rub off with a towel, nor does it run with sweat. It doesn't feel cakey or make you feel sweatier. I don't have scars from acne but I do have redness and it is some amazing stuff let me tell you!

Other than that I usually do one-two coats of mascara just bc my eyelashes are blond, and I'm good to go. I feel overdone with much more than that unless I'm going "out" out.
SJtangerines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 145/131.5/125

Height: 5'3"

Do what feels most comfortable for you I personally could never wear make up to the gym. It'd make my face feel extra dirty. Yuck.
nikkinouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:26 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 120/104/fit

Height: 5"3

I suggest you to put on foundation (I use the mineral power one), to get some pink on your cheeks if you are as pale as a ghost like me, and waterproof mascara. You'll look good, healthy and natural.
Magalo is offline   Reply With Quote