Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDIKAYTED View Post
Have you tried BEANO? They have liquid drops and the chewables to tone down the gas.
I have not! I've certainly heard of that stuff but never had to take it before. Definitely a good idea! (As I sit here eating enchiladas for lunch... Bean City, population me!)

Last edited by kat999; 01-27-2011 at 12:23 PM.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:48 PM   #17  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

S/C/G: 189/14x/138

Kat

Are you still exercising while you do this plan? I think I remember reading that you like doing exercise videos. How often are you working out while doing this plan?

I guess since I am snowed in, I better go find an exercise video to do today. I have p90x. I did legs and back yesterday but I just want to do cardio today. I dont know if I feel like doing their cardio x program so maybe I will go and find my old taebo tape!! LOL. oldie but goodie.. ahahahaha
DEDIKAYTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #18  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

I think the Beano will help alot! Let us know if you get it! You have to take it with the FIRST bite of the problem food.

good luck
Old 01-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #19  

Quote:
Kat

Are you still exercising while you do this plan? I think I remember reading that you like doing exercise videos. How often are you working out while doing this plan?
Yup! I am a HUGE workout video fan. I've been aiming for ~450 minutes a week (about an hour a day) of exercise, even while on this plan. I don't do something strenuous every day, though. I rotate between cardio, weight lifting, and yoga/pilates.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #20  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Well, I have printed out the plan.. so as soon as its time for me to "shake my diet" up again.. I think this will be a great thing to do. I still have to read over the menus but at least I have something to look forward too!

Keep posting your results! I googled and haven't seen many other stories of people doing this, so I am very interested in your progress!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #21  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
About 3 lbs. in 8 days.
Wow, that's amazing! Great job!!!
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #22  

Quote:
Well, I have printed out the plan.. so as soon as its time for me to "shake my diet" up again.. I think this will be a great thing to do. I still have to read over the menus but at least I have something to look forward too!

Keep posting your results! I googled and haven't seen many other stories of people doing this, so I am very interested in your progress!
I will definitely keep you guys updated! Are you going to try the vegan version or the vegetarian version, where you can have dairy?

My husband ate a cheeseburger in front of me last night and I thought I was going to tear his arm off. LOL
Old 01-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #23  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
I will definitely keep you guys updated! Are you going to try the vegan version or the vegetarian version, where you can have dairy?

My husband ate a cheeseburger in front of me last night and I thought I was going to tear his arm off. LOL
I printed out the plans earlier!!!! I'm about to take a look now at the food selections.. I try to be gluten free as much as possible and they have a gluten free plan as well. I was going to see what the difference was between that one and the vegan version.

I will report back!

I hope your husband still has all his limbs!

Last edited by DEDIKAYTED; 01-28-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #24  

Thanks for the support, you guys. And yes, my DH has all his limbs. I think he's eating meat and cheese in front of me now just to taunt me. *heh*

Somehow, I've lost even more very suddenly and have hit my Valentine's Day goal of 125. I'm on Day 10/14 now. This is CRAZY. I almost feel now like this rate of loss is a little fast, so I may try to up my dinner calories a little bit.

Still, what a wonderful experiment this is proving to be! I'll say again what I did the other day, that this is a fairly simple way to probably pop back down below a "red line" weight when one is in maintenance mode. Seems to only take a couple of days to see a real difference! The big test will be to see if I can fit into my skinny jeans today.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:58 AM   #25  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Thanks for the support, you guys. And yes, my DH has all his limbs. I think he's eating meat and cheese in front of me now just to taunt me. *heh*

Somehow, I've lost even more very suddenly and have hit my Valentine's Day goal of 125. I'm on Day 10/14 now. This is CRAZY. I almost feel now like this rate of loss is a little fast, so I may try to up my dinner calories a little bit.

Still, what a wonderful experiment this is proving to be! I'll say again what I did the other day, that this is a fairly simple way to probably pop back down below a "red line" weight when one is in maintenance mode. Seems to only take a couple of days to see a real difference! The big test will be to see if I can fit into my skinny jeans today.
UH OH!!! This is getting me a little too pumped. I am like ready to start this moment... I have to calm down! Seeing your progress makes me super excted. So let me get this straight... Do you follow the plan exactly? I have everything printed out. Wait, didn't you say you just do breakfast, lunch, dinner.. no snacks? And... do you get hungry at night.. like before bed?

Ok.. I think that's all my questions for now.. hehehe
Old 01-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #26  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Oh yea.. I decided to start with the gluten free menu and then if I give it a second go... try the vegan for an extra kick in the butt if I need it (though I'm not supposed to be eating gluten).
Old 01-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #27  

Quote:
UH OH!!! This is getting me a little too pumped. I am like ready to start this moment... I have to calm down! Seeing your progress makes me super excted. So let me get this straight... Do you follow the plan exactly? I have everything printed out. Wait, didn't you say you just do breakfast, lunch, dinner.. no snacks? And... do you get hungry at night.. like before bed?
I am following the plan exactly except that I'm not eating the snacks, right. I eat the full breakfast, lunch, and dinner as closely as possible, though I don't usually eat nuts if they're an option on the side. Fruit to be had with yogurt breakfasts is usually blueberries, even if they call for strawberries, because I just like blueberries better. Oh, and my one grocery store when I can find almost all Amy's products does not have their version of pop tarts, so I had to substitute Kashi cereal bars. That's about it as far as deviation goes.

I haven't been getting hungry before going to bed, no. I've been eating breakfast around 5:30, lunch around 11:30, and dinner between 5:30 and 6 pm. After 6 pm, I'll let myself have black coffee (usually decaf), green tea, or water, but liquids only, no solid food. Which is not personally a big deal, since I already work out after dinner anyway and pretty much go to bed around 9:30. I only have to hold out for a few hours. I'm not much of a snacker/night eater anyway, though, so this was easier for me than it might be for some people.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #28  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Ok Cool. So you dont repeat any meals just because you like a certain meal more than another.. If its Day 2 and it says to eat Amy's "burrito" for lunch.. that's exactly what you have...?

That's what I was trying to figure out. I have never had their products before so I didnt know whether I should see what I like first or just screw it.. and buy what they say and hope it tastes good.

This will be fun!
Old 01-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #29  
Suicide Wing Winner

S/C/G: 135/98/105

Height: 5'5"

I lost most of my weight eating Amy’s Kitchen frozen dinners. Their pot pies and the tortellini bowl are my favorite (both aren’t vegan). I like that their dinners actually fill me up, unlike Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones. I had to stop buying them though because I don’t have a job anymore, and I’m on a tight budget.
Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:29 PM   #30  
ALLERGIC TO BODY FAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
I lost most of my weight eating Amy’s Kitchen frozen dinners. Their pot pies and the tortellini bowl are my favorite (both aren’t vegan). I like that their dinners actually fill me up, unlike Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones. I had to stop buying them though because I don’t have a job anymore, and I’m on a tight budget.
OH!! Yet, another vote for Amy's!!!! Thank you so much! Can't wait to try it!