Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Happy New Year, Feathers

I've been posting on a few other threads, but I missed my Feather's support!

Like all of you, I've just about gotten back to pre-holiday weight, and I'm feelin' optimistic about striving toward my goal weight.

Other general health-related resolutions include continuing to work on running, incorporating Bikram yoga into my routine, and practicing:

a.) how to stop eating when full (even if something's majorly delicious, and remembering it will always be there and I can have it another time, I don't need all of it right this minute)

b.) work on not "emotionally eating" and stopping to think before I put something in my mouth

and c.) learning to tolerate feeling hungry for a bit.

I've also noticed myself unintentionally eating vegetarian lately, so I think I'll ride that wave too. Speaking of waves, I'm working on my water intake as well.

Whew! Glad to see everyone back Let's do this!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:37 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPantsSkinnyJeans View Post
I've also noticed myself unintentionally eating vegetarian lately, so I think I'll ride that wave too. Speaking of waves, I'm working on my water intake as well.
FPSJ, I find I not only feel more energetic but that I drop weight faster when I unintentionally go vegetarian (or even vegan), but then when I purposefully say, Okay, then, I really will stop eating meat forever! that's the one time I start to CRAVE meat. How can I trick myself into doing this without thinking I am? LOL

Also trying to work on my own water intake, too. Apparently the holidays were not so much a time for me to eat too many cookies (although that happened, too) but to backslide into my old diet soda addictions. I'm blowing through two and three Pepsi Max a day now, when I was before drinking NO soda and having between 32 and 64 ounces of water instead! Gotta fix that, if for no other reason than the sodium bloat of soda, even the diet variety.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #33  

Aaaahaha I love mind tricks. I do the saaaame thing.

I've never been huge into soda, but from what I see other people discussing, it really has addictive qualities. I believe this wholeheartedly, because I behave the same way with sugary treats like cookies and cake. I can very, very easily go off the deep end once I start.

Maybe try putting some frozen fruit or lemon slices in your water to make it tastier?
Old 01-07-2011, 02:35 PM   #34  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

i was down to 146 this morning!!!!!! im very excited to see the scale move, now i just have to be careful today not to sabotage it. I've realized that i do that. making progress kind of scares me. so when i make progress ill do something like binge eat, and then i erase all my progress. at first i didn't realize that i was doing it, but now i make progress and then dig into the pantry knowing that its going to ruin things but i don't mind. anyone else have that problem?

i hope you ladies are doing fabulous
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #35  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

I had a terrible day yesterday; hungry from the minute I woke up until I finally caved and overate to the point of being stuffed (last night, after dinner). Thank goodness I no longer have the capacity to eat 3000+ calories in a day, or I would have gone even further in my binge. UGH. Well, today is a new day, and I haven't felt hungry at all. Hope THAT'S over.

I am going to the gym right now.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

After huge splurge/binge week I have decided I must get back on track starting today. So as of today I will be religiously tracking my food, exercise, mood and water intake. I also bought food scale today which I am very excited about. I have had a very hard time with things like meat and veggies knowing exactly how much I am eating since they don't tend to fit nicely into measuring cups like yogurt and grains do. I think this will really help me put my portions into perspective we shall see how it goes.

My goal for this week is to deal with the massive amount of bloating and water weight I am currently suffering with through cleaning eating, setting a regular bed time and drinking lots and lots of water!
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #37  

Glad to know I'm not the only one strugglin' here. I had a moment this morning with some pretzels I ate several hundred calories worth (on top of the oatmeal and peaches I had already eaten) and I wasn't even terribly hungry.

Siiiiiigh. Wish I knew why I do that.

Hope you're all back on track!
Old 01-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #38  

Yesterday the BF and I went out for dinner and we got dessert which we split. Problem was we chose the Skor Sundae and it was huge and we ate it all!! I then had a small pizza later on in the evening. When I go bad I go really really bad so I need to stop this behaviour now before I really get out of control. I am also wheat and lactose intolerant so these binges didn't make me feel good on any level past immediate satisfaction. Lesson learned persmission to cheat leads to binging. I just need to learn how to indulge on a less detrimental level that does not lead to me going completely off track.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #39  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Today is Day 1 of back on plan. I slept so poorly and have been dehydrated and afflicted with stomach problems all weekend. When I got up I did pushups, bird dogs and squats. Will do more pushups and cardio later. Weight is 127-128 or so but unstable due to stomach problems.

Only 7 more hours of work to go...
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:47 AM   #40  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Krampus - I hope you feel better soon!

Yesterday was the start of being back on plan for me. I even made it to the gym at lunchtime for a run. A woke up this morning up 1.5 lbs! Arrgh. Also feeling overall bloated everywhere today. My pants feel tight, my shirt, argh. Hoping this is just water retention as I drank a ton after my run yesterday.

Hoping to begin losing again. I want to see 135 by V day!!!!
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:41 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veela View Post
Yesterday the BF and I went out for dinner and we got dessert which we split. Problem was we chose the Skor Sundae and it was huge and we ate it all!! I then had a small pizza later on in the evening. When I go bad I go really really bad so I need to stop this behaviour now before I really get out of control. I am also wheat and lactose intolerant so these binges didn't make me feel good on any level past immediate satisfaction. Lesson learned persmission to cheat leads to binging. I just need to learn how to indulge on a less detrimental level that does not lead to me going completely off track.
Aww, Veela I do the same thing.

I am so upset.... I just ate a million servings (1260 calories worth to be exact) of a chocolate snack mix a relative mailed me. I have just realized that I cannot be in the presence of trigger foods without going out of control.

AAGGHHHH so frustrating I need to stop the binging too!

How do we fix this?! Other than exercising a lot later....
Old 01-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #42  
Staying the Same

*hug* I know the feeling. I think if someone unlocked the secret to stopping binges before they happen, this whole website would be a ghost town. I am that way with peanut butter. I started smoking on vacation because I was on vacation (what a stupid reason) and I dunno if you're familiar but craving a cigarette is VERY similar to craving sugar. It happened last night and I REALLY just wanted to eat peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon more than ANYTHING.

Weight is down to 57.0 kg, so 125.7 lbs. I still feel immense and flabby though, to the point where I was just disgusted while working out in my underwear yesterday and wanted to chop off the (recently acquired) fat with a knife.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #43  
Staying the Same

Quiet in here...

57.3 kg today (boo) but I feel much better than I did when I made that last post. I've been running a couple times and faithfully doing my pushups and core stuff most days, and as a result I feel less "disgusting" and more like I'm getting back into the swing of things.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #44  

I have been struggling big time. I am slowly back sliding and it took my awhile to pin point the problem. It seems to be my seasonal depression creeping back up on me. Prior to Christmas I was on track with taking all my supplements and Vitamin D to combat this issue. Over the holidays I forgot and now I am realizing that this is the problem. I am thinking about taking them to work with me and leaving them on my desk so I can remember.
Why does losing weight have to be so difficult
Old 01-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #45  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Hi Veela, I'm definately struggling too. I made it through the holidays down about a pound and now over the last week seem to be up several. And this last week I started back up calorie counting and got a few runs in. It sucks. I had some really high stress/anxiety days where I overate a few meals but they were mixed in with some low calorie days (1200-1400). Sigh.

I hope the vitamin D works for your depression...I find I remember to take the calcium chews when I keep them on my desk at work too.
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote